"Dragon Ball FighterZ" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

TheDBZmaster100
Beyond Newbie

Re: "Dragon Ball FighterZ" (PS4/XBO/PC, 2018, Arc System Works) Official Discussion Thread

Post by TheDBZmaster100 » Fri Dec 22, 2017 2:33 pm

ShadowBardock89 wrote:
TheDBZmaster100 wrote:Interesting movie characters they can choose from to include as part of the 8 dlc characters.

Meta Cooler - Give him Final form coolers/4th form cooler Normals/Specials plus his Big Gete star wires / Clones

Think of Ultron and Sentinel from the Marvel vs Capcom games

Janemba = Most unique DB character I've seen

Broly

Perhaps Turles with Sin's food mechanic from Guilty gear, in this case Turles and his tree of might buff

I don't see any other interesting movie character with a neat moveset/playstyle.

You guys should be thinking of playstyles and unique character mechanics and specials with these DLC characters, DBFZ characters are for the most part homogenized with the abundant of universal mechanics they possess than other characters from the usual Arc system titles (Blazblue, Guilty gear and Persona).

Beerus, Nappa (setup character), Mystic Gohan (install), Captain Ginyu (Summon type) and Hit (Cancels/Counter based) character change the mold in terms of character archetype. Surely the DLC characters they choose be characters that are unique and not bland such as Raditz, Bardock, Base form Goku, Base form Vegeta, etc.. This is anti hype and why would I spend cash on these characters?
I agree with your choices for characters (I even share your ideas with Metal Cooler), but I disagree with your dismissals of Bardock, Raditz, even Base Goku and Base Vegeta.

Bardock was in Extreme Butoden and so Arcs could use that Bardock as a basis and build his playstyle. Bardock is a bit of a brawler and many argue that he does not have a moveset, I disagree. Bardock could be the Guile of this roster. Plus, who would not want to do this to an opponent?

Raditz, again, was in Extreme Butoden and has potential with the use of a mechanic that utilizes his scouter (none of the Freeza Force affiliated character have one!). Zenkai Battle incorporated the scouter into his moveset and I do not see a reason why Arcs would not use it, either. I outlined a potential use for it in a previous post and gave potential moves for him here:
viewtopic.php?f=11&t=38888&p=1375173#p1375173
viewtopic.php?f=11&t=38888&p=1383015#p1383015
viewtopic.php?f=11&t=38888&start=3180#p1433817

Base Goku has potential with the Kaioken and the Spirit Bomb in his arsenal as the other versions of him do not have these moves.

Base Vegeta is a little more as it would depend which Vegeta would be represented. If it is Saiyan/Namek Sagas Vegeta, there might be an argument to include him.
Why would they reveal this saiyan arc characters after revealing 6 interesting characters thus far? Raditz should've been announced with Nappa/Ginyu back in October.
Nappa was chosen solely because he brings about the Minion type archetype with his Saibamen ala Jack. O from Guilty Gear. Captain Ginyu is more similar with May from Guilty gear in terms of being a summon character and Captain Commando from MvC2.

Raditz could function like Frank west with his camera, here Raditz can lvl up with his scouter, it would be interesting but at the end of the day it is Raditz, it is silly to sell him as DLC. i would have preferred had Base form Goku had Kaioken techniques as one character and the 2nd Goku being his SSJ Form with Instant transmission, SSGSS being an install such as Golden Frieza in this game.

TheDBZmaster100
Beyond Newbie

Re: "Dragon Ball FighterZ" (PS4/XBO/PC, 2018, Arc System Works) Official Discussion Thread

Post by TheDBZmaster100 » Fri Dec 22, 2017 2:35 pm

Hyper Dimension was an awesome game.

List of all 23 characters assists with GIF highlighting them

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1Qgi ... uVpmM/edit

Olympian
Regular

Post by Olympian » Fri Dec 22, 2017 4:11 pm

Some more combo footage of Black, Beerus, Gotenks, Yamcha and Hit

https://www.reddit.com/r/dragonballfigh ... eerus_hit/
Ki Breaker wrote:

Yamcha + Roshi = Yamoshi

Coincidence? I think not

FortuneSSJ
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by FortuneSSJ » Fri Dec 22, 2017 5:17 pm

- SSB Goku Character Trailer-

Yo, his theme is addicting! It starts slow but then it gets so powerful.
If the timing was different, his ultimate could have been the SSB+Kaioken Genki Dama he did against Jiren.
A world without Dragon Ball is just meh.

Olympian
Regular

Post by Olympian » Fri Dec 22, 2017 5:32 pm

Wasn`t his trailer already out or is that something new?
Ki Breaker wrote:

Yamcha + Roshi = Yamoshi

Coincidence? I think not

Ikazvyr
Beyond Newbie

Post by Ikazvyr » Fri Dec 22, 2017 6:23 pm

Olympian wrote:Wasn`t his trailer already out or is that something new?
It's a character trailer, like the other characters had it, showing them in action. The other trailer was an announcement along SSGSS Vegeta

Akyon
Regular

Post by Akyon » Fri Dec 22, 2017 9:37 pm

I'm actually quite pleased by the lack of GT, and movie representation for once...not seeing Bardock and Broly shoehorned into this game(as of this very moment, it's always subject to change) weirdly feels very refreshing to me?

Since everyone else listed their hopes;

Roshi(goes without saying due to his new relevance in Super and repping OG Dragonball)
Android 20/19(let's have as complete a Red Ribbon Army plotline as possible)
Tao Pai Pai(Connections with the red ribbons, Tenshinhan and Roshi as well as Goku and potential interesting interactions with Hit + Dragonball rep)
Jaco(No real reason, he's just fun)

Honestly though I'd just be happy if we only got Roshi.
Favourite User quote:
Vice wrote:"Look at all these characters getting some shine in the buildup for the tournament of power, maybe we'll get to see some other characters do some stuff instead of the same old shit."
1. Goku (Universe 7) has eliminated 6 competitor & Vegeta (Universe 7) has eliminated 6 competitors

"Fuck."

Nickolaidas
Advanced Regular

Post by Nickolaidas » Sat Dec 23, 2017 2:31 am

Personally, I'll never understand this 'don't want characters from GT/DB/Super, etc.' If it's a cool-looking character with badass moves, what does it matter from which part of the series he/she is from?

KayDash
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by KayDash » Sat Dec 23, 2017 6:58 am

Nickolaidas wrote:Personally, I'll never understand this 'don't want characters from GT/DB/Super, etc.' If it's a cool-looking character with badass moves, what does it matter from which part of the series he/she is from?
That's my main problem with GT, the designs and the lack of interesting techniques. I'm not a huge fan of SSJ4s, and I mostly just like Gogeta, and all of the shadow dragons are kinda meh. especially Syn Shenren, the one that every DB game usually has. About Baby I only like his Golden Ape design, but he wouldn't work like that in FighterZ, maybe as a boss, or something. Super #17 is okay. Oceanus Shenron is fine, at least her moves could add something to the game. The same can be said about the other dragons, but as I said their design is...
I also don't like Pan either, but at least her inclusion would give something to people who prefers to main females. But I'd pick Kalifla or gender-bended Broly over her any day. Pan could have been one of the coolest things about GT, but they failed to do anything interesting with her.

ShadowBardock89
Advanced Regular

Post by ShadowBardock89 » Sat Dec 23, 2017 7:45 am

Akyon wrote:I'm actually quite pleased by the lack of GT, and movie representation for once...not seeing Bardock and Broly shoehorned into this game(as of this very moment, it's always subject to change) weirdly feels very refreshing to me?

Since everyone else listed their hopes;

Roshi(goes without saying due to his new relevance in Super and repping OG Dragonball)
Android 20/19(let's have as complete a Red Ribbon Army plotline as possible)
Tao Pai Pai(Connections with the red ribbons, Tenshinhan and Roshi as well as Goku and potential interesting interactions with Hit + Dragonball rep)
Jaco(No real reason, he's just fun)

Honestly though I'd just be happy if we only got Roshi.
I hate to brake it to you, but Tao was the only character that was deconfirmed for the game by Tomoko Hiroki. :cry:
http://www.kanzenshuu.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=40715&start=20#p1439892
http://dba.bn-ent.net/character/barduck.html
https://i.imgur.com/86hOk5i.gif

Olympian
Regular

Post by Olympian » Sat Dec 23, 2017 7:49 am

Wow, now that`s an especific note right there :think:

Max`s Adult Gohan breakdown trailer is out

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gB75vxbM2YA
Ki Breaker wrote:

Yamcha + Roshi = Yamoshi

Coincidence? I think not

omegalucas
Advanced Regular

Post by omegalucas » Sat Dec 23, 2017 2:17 pm

A 60-second PV showcasing Fighterz's opening will air (for the first and only time, apparently) alongside tonight's episode of Dragon Ball Super.

Apparently Rhymestyle has a copy that he got during the last visit to Bandai Namco and will he uploading it when it airs in Japan.
DragonBoxZTheMovies wrote:Kanzenshuu! We annoy voice actors, get composers fired....and occasionally talk about Dragon Ball

Olympian
Regular

Post by Olympian » Sat Dec 23, 2017 3:49 pm

A little talk about Easy Inputs and Auto Combos

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sLQUd7s ... e=youtu.be
Ki Breaker wrote:

Yamcha + Roshi = Yamoshi

Coincidence? I think not

omegalucas
Advanced Regular

Post by omegalucas » Sat Dec 23, 2017 8:17 pm

Dragon Ball FighterZ opening.

I am a bit disappointed, was hoping for a different song. Also this feels so much more like a trailer than an opening.
DragonBoxZTheMovies wrote:Kanzenshuu! We annoy voice actors, get composers fired....and occasionally talk about Dragon Ball

Hyena_Yamcha
Beyond Newbie

Post by Hyena_Yamcha » Sat Dec 23, 2017 8:40 pm

omegalucas wrote:Dragon Ball FighterZ opening.

I am a bit disappointed, was hoping for a different song. Also this feels so much more like a trailer than an opening.
i was hoping for a hand drawn opening just like the anime
My English is poor .

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Sat Dec 23, 2017 8:44 pm

omegalucas wrote:Dragon Ball FighterZ opening.

Yeah, I was feeling like this was more of a trailer rather than an opening.

Still a decent opening intro for the game.

Ranmaru Rei
Beyond Newbie

Post by Ranmaru Rei » Sat Dec 23, 2017 9:00 pm

Noah wrote:
TheDBZmaster100 wrote:Interesting movie characters they can choose from to include as part of the 8 DLC characters:
That's cool, mate, but do you really need to post a bunch of GIFs without at least putting a spoiler tag on them? It makes the thread really slow to scroll down.
My phone browser crashed on this page. Yeah =_=
supersaiyanZero wrote:Can we get secret characters. Those were always fucking awesome until DLC killed that.
We'll get one, I believe. Just one. ArcSys games have them: Hakumen and Nu-13 was them in BBCT until some patch, the same story was with Mu-12 in BBCP and Susano'oh in BBCF. GGXrd has Sin Kyske and GGXrd Rev has Raven.
Last edited by Ranmaru Rei on Sat Dec 23, 2017 9:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Lord Frieza
I Live Here

Post by Lord Frieza » Sat Dec 23, 2017 9:03 pm

I really want to see what #21 is capable of! Oh well not long to wait now!

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Noah » Sat Dec 23, 2017 9:09 pm

Is this the final opening? So I guess this also means the main roster is complete?
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

Are we too old to enjoy new Dragon Ball movies/series?

dbzfan7
Namekian Warrior

Post by dbzfan7 » Sat Dec 23, 2017 9:14 pm

That was one of the most lackluster openings I've ever seen. Whatever I guess not everything about this game is hype...just like 99% of it.
Why Dragon Ball Consistency in something such as power levels matter!