Episode #0099 (21 October 2007)

We cover anything and everything Dragon Ball in hopes of enlightening... and a little bit of entertaining. Hosted every week by the Kanzenshuu staff and regular special guests from the professional and fandom communities. Your first, best, last, and only Dragon Ball podcast!

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Toniofalcon
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Toniofalcon » Wed Oct 24, 2007 5:30 pm

One thing I remember about BT2 was that there was so much to do story mode wise. Me and my friend played it all the way through together and it was just really fun. Nothing but the story mode. I don't exactly know why, but I couldn't stop playing for a while. It was just " THE " game. This is in reference to VEX saying that the story mode was really all he had done and that he hadn't experimented with the items yet.

P.S. Don't you think it'd be quite hard to work with the items when they're all in Japanese?

P.P.S. What's up with the Budokai Tenkaichi 3 boxart? It's got Goku in the middle ( who would've guessed...) Trunks and Goten at the bottom left and right, but this is where it screws up. Somehow Artificial Human #18 ,ade her way to the cover, to Goku's direct right. Krillin ( kuririn, kylylyn :P, with hair no less ) is at Goku's direct left. This wouldn't be so screwed up if it weren't for, I don't know...the fact that Vegeta iis right behind Krllin and all the way to the back is Gohan. What ever happened to Saiyan Pride.....or at least some sort of cover design that makes sense. Also, somehow Piccolo made the cover.... :?

Sorry if this was mentioned already and is just a pointless rant.

Actually, I just checked out the JP box art and I realized that because of the stupid ( insert radical dude voice ) "Budokai Tenkaichi 3" logo at the top they had to move things around somewhat. You could say that part of the US box art is cropped. It's not that much of an improvement, the box art just seems all around weird.

SonEric84
Banned

Post by SonEric84 » Wed Oct 24, 2007 8:58 pm

Aww...I was hoping for a shout out on the podcast for the Majin Buu costume since it was on the main page. :P Oh well, cool episode nonetheless. I enjoyed the first half of the review and I agree with most of the views on the game play. While I like this game I find myself sucking at things I was good at in Neo, such as deflecting Ki blasts, I can't do it as well for the life of me anymore. Maybe it's just because they've changed the controls for it slightly? Also, some of the combos don't seem to work like they used to and when they do it's only SOME of the time. The music is great, but it does seem like they could have added a lot more tracks than they did, but hey it's the Japanese music so that right there is an upside. A "quick-retry" feature would have been nice too. I've played through the whole story mode and I've collected like 5 dragon balls, but it seems like collecting them is a chore because they don't seem very easy to come by. I'll probably be picking up the U.S. version too just so I can understand the items better.

On a side note..have you guys watched the dub for Haruhi Suzumiya? Julian sounds a bit like Kyon.

aegoku
Not-So-Newbie

Post by aegoku » Wed Oct 24, 2007 11:06 pm

Great podcast, as usual. Just wanted to say that the review was helpful and I appreciate the honesty. I can't wait for the 100th episode!

Also, I agree that the box art seems a bit odd. I'm glad Piccolo made the cover, though.

dchan316
Beyond Newbie

Post by dchan316 » Thu Oct 25, 2007 3:40 am

Ahhh...I remember Planetnamek, it was always the first webpage I'd check, back in the day. Suushinchu, too. If I remember right, thats where I used to download the Dragonball scanslations before Viz licensed it...or is that where I got my low bitrate Dragonball music? Or maybe the Curtis Hoffman summaries? Crap, my memory sucks.

Ooo, Mike, before you give away Shin Butoden, is there any possible way to get a high-res scan of the booklet cover? I bought mine on eBay years ago (probably back in the 90's) and it didn't come with the booklet. I just have a uber low-res print of the cover that I found on the internet, sitting in its place. If not, its cool.

Anyhoo, great podcast as usual, guys!

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Post by VegettoEX » Thu Oct 25, 2007 6:56 am

dchan316 wrote:Ooo, Mike, before you give away Shin Butoden, is there any possible way to get a high-res scan of the booklet cover? I bought mine on eBay years ago (probably back in the 90's) and it didn't come with the booklet. I just have a uber low-res print of the cover that I found on the internet, sitting in its place. If not, its cool.
Sure, I can do that (at some point :P). I'm not giving it away, though... I'll be putting it up on eBay. Also, I have two, so it's not like I'm getting rid of something important and leaving nothing in its place :P.
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

dchan316
Beyond Newbie

Post by dchan316 » Thu Oct 25, 2007 11:28 pm

Wooo! Thanks a bunch!
VegettoEX wrote:Also, I have two, so it's not like I'm getting rid of something important and leaving nothing in its place :P.
Ahaha...Of course, I should've known better. I just heard it on the podcast and it came to mind.

NeptuneKai
I Live Here

Post by NeptuneKai » Sat Oct 27, 2007 8:37 pm

Ah episode 100 is merely a day away. I know I'm downloading a bunch of old episodes as a tribute to this podcast. How long are you guys planning to go for? I hope I can hear you guys ramble as long as I live...although that isn't likely. I wonder what episode 100 is going to be about,any hints you want to give out Mr.EX?
Aro started to laugh. “Ha, ha, ha,” he chuckled.- Actual quote from Twilight

fps_anth
Advanced Regular

Post by fps_anth » Sun Oct 28, 2007 12:27 am

The day of 100 is upon us! Can't wait to hear it!

Toniofalcon
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Toniofalcon » Tue Oct 30, 2007 8:17 pm

In hindsight, I can see why someone would take offense to that, wasn't meant to be mean spirited. Just plain old fashion dork jokery.

Also, can't wait for the show.