Romantic Ageruyo (in English)

Discussion regarding any musical aspect of the franchise, from game soundtracks to BGM to remixes. Upcoming & classic CDs, reviews, where to find them, and more!

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

dchan316
Beyond Newbie

Romantic Ageruyo (in English)

Post by dchan316 » Wed Oct 31, 2007 3:49 am

I've been watching a lot of the Funimation Dragonball lately, and am really digging their version of Romantic Ageruyo (and even Makafushigi, for that matter). I'm just curious if theres a nice quality version of this anywhere? I wanted it on my iPod so went so far as to export the ending just as audio, but its grainy, and would like a cleaner version. I checked the music database and didn't see anything of it there, so I was hoping maybe someone here might know something.

Any help would be appreciated, thanks!

SatoSky
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by SatoSky » Wed Oct 31, 2007 4:22 am

I really liked FUNi's version of that song as well, Mystical Adventure not so much but it's still nice. I can't think of any CD that may have that song. I've made an MP3 of that song for myself and I don't hear it as being grainy. Here's the rip that I made.
MP3 @ 224kbps
Stereo
Length - 1:45
File Size - 2.81Mb

I didn't do anything to it except downsample it to 44100Hz.

By the way, does anybody know who sings the song?

TheGreatness25
I Live Here

Post by TheGreatness25 » Wed Oct 31, 2007 9:04 am

Wouldn't be the full version, but you can get the opener/closing of the series ripped.

dchan316
Beyond Newbie

Post by dchan316 » Wed Oct 31, 2007 10:34 am

OMG, wow, thats so much clearer than mine, thank you!

Yea, if Funi's got full versions of these songs, I hope they release them.

QuantumDestiny
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by QuantumDestiny » Fri Nov 02, 2007 10:21 pm

SatoSky wrote:Here's the rip that I made.
MP3 @ 224kbps
Stereo
Length - 1:45
File Size - 2.81Mb[/url]
No! Ah I just saw this and the link is now unavailable - is there any chance you could reupload it SatoSky? *begs* :D

SatoSky
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by SatoSky » Fri Nov 02, 2007 11:31 pm

The Megaupload link still works for me, I had to type in the three digit code twice to get it to work though. I'll make some new links just in case.

Rapidshare
Orginal Megaupload
New Megaupload
Freewebs, even though it never works for me.

worldmonsters
Patreon Supporter

Post by worldmonsters » Sat Nov 03, 2007 8:21 am

Wow, thanks:D Heh, I don't have a very good version of the Makafushigi one, it would be awesome if you could share that as well :D (They also had a karaoke version of that on their website, but it was pretty low quality sadly... I guess no one has that one in high quality).

SatoSky
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by SatoSky » Sat Nov 03, 2007 8:23 pm

Mystical Adventure
MP3 @ 224kbps
Stereo
Length - 1:49
File Size - 2.91Mb

Rapidshare
Megaupload

Here ya' go. I didn't enjoy this song half as much as I enjoyed I'll Give You Romance but it's still neat that it even exists. :P

worldmonsters
Patreon Supporter

Post by worldmonsters » Sun Nov 04, 2007 5:41 am

SatoSky wrote:Mystical Adventure
MP3 @ 224kbps
Stereo
File Size - 2.91Mb

Rapidshare
Megaupload

Here ya' go. I didn't enjoy this song half as much as I enjoyed I'll Give You Romance but it's still neat that it even exists. :P
Thank you that's awesome! :D By the way I do know that Carl Finch sung the opening theme, but I don't know about the ending...

SatoSky
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by SatoSky » Sun Nov 04, 2007 6:47 am

Did a quick Google search for this Carl Finch guy, seems like a very shifty character indeed. :? Naw, just kidding. Seems like a really 8) dude. Thanks for that bit of info.

TripleRach

Post by TripleRach » Sun Nov 04, 2007 8:33 am

I've heard that the ending was sung by Melodee Lenz, a voice actress who played some minor roles in DB/Z and Yuu Yuu Hakusho in 2001 or so. I'm not 100% certain, though; I think I read it on some site called "Daizenshuu EX" back then, but who knows how trusty they are.

It definitely sounds like the dubbed version of the YHH OP and the first ED were sung by the same person as the DB ED, while none of the songs they've done since then sound like her at all (I'm pretty sure the second YYH ED is sung by Stephanie Nadolny, for instance), so that would corroborate the whole "only worked for FUNimation around 2001" thing.
-Rachel

Shin Moonwalker
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Shin Moonwalker » Sun Nov 04, 2007 11:54 am

SatoSky wrote:Mystical Adventure
MP3 @ 224kbps
Stereo
File Size - 2.91Mb

Rapidshare
Megaupload

Hey, thanks, I liked it, it's close to the original and pretty nice to listen to. :)

SatoSky
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by SatoSky » Sun Nov 04, 2007 6:18 pm

TripleRach wrote:I've heard that the ending was sung by Melodee Lenz, a voice actress who played some minor roles in DB/Z and Yuu Yuu Hakusho in 2001 or so. I'm not 100% certain, though; I think I read it on some site called "Daizenshuu EX" back then, but who knows how trusty they are.

It definitely sounds like the dubbed version of the YHH OP and the first ED were sung by the same person as the DB ED, while none of the songs they've done since then sound like her at all (I'm pretty sure the second YYH ED is sung by Stephanie Nadolny, for instance), so that would corroborate the whole "only worked for FUNimation around 2001" thing.
Heh. I don't ever re-call reading that on DaizEX, so thanks for that. On the lyrics page, it's not mentioned who sings the song.

And yeah I had my suspicions that she sang the opening and first ending for YYH.