Super possibly losing its timeslot or going on hiatus in March?

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Professor Freeza
Temporarily Banned

Re: Super possibly losing its timeslot or going on hiatus in March?

Post by Professor Freeza » Thu Jan 11, 2018 11:47 am

sintzu wrote:
majinwarman wrote:
Hawk9211 wrote: So,nothing new.
People really want this to happen. That could work only if there is a interesting story to it or it will get boring fast.
If boruto is anything to go by then it'll be very boring. The best way to use the next generation is alongside the old cast.

At this point Goku and Vegeta are beating beings Stronger than GoD's. no new or other cast members can reach them. Not even Uub.

Besides, what will they fight against? Anyone who can give Adult Gotenks a beating will still be hammered by the SSB's.

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Thu Jan 11, 2018 12:48 pm

Professor Freeza wrote:Anyone who can give Adult Gotenks a beating will still be hammered by the SSB's.
If the copy arc was anything to go by then Goku and Vegeta's base forms are stronger than Gotenks' ssj3.
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

Professor Freeza
Temporarily Banned

Post by Professor Freeza » Thu Jan 11, 2018 1:03 pm

sintzu wrote:
Professor Freeza wrote:Anyone who can give Adult Gotenks a beating will still be hammered by the SSB's.
If the copy arc was anything to go by then Goku and Vegeta's base forms are stronger than Gotenks' ssj3.
Which only proves my point. We are almost near the end of Goku and Vegeta's story. Soon there will be nothing they can face. Which leaves us to 2 options:

1) End the series after EoZ portion and after the final villain.
2) Remove Goku and Vegeta and let the new guard fight new threats, which will lead to fans losing interest and DB being over once and for all.

Either way, we are rapidly approaching the true end of DB.

Cure Dragon 255
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Cure Dragon 255 » Thu Jan 11, 2018 1:04 pm

I think you meant cannot face. Unless you meant someone else.
Marz wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 11:27 pm "Well, the chapter was good, the story was good and so were the fights. But a new transformation, in Dragon Ball? And one that's ugly? This is where we draw the line!!! Jump the Shark moment!!"

This forum is so over-dramatic that it's not even funny.
90sDBZ wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2019 2:44 pm19 years ago I was rushing home from school to watch DBZ on Cartoon Network, and today I've rushed home from work to watch DBS on Pop. I guess it's true the more things change the more they stay the same. :lol:

Whatever
Regular

Post by Whatever » Thu Jan 11, 2018 1:13 pm

Professor Freeza wrote:
sintzu wrote:
Which only proves my point. We are almost near the end of Goku and Vegeta's story. Soon there will be nothing they can face. Which leaves us to 2 options:

2) Remove Goku and Vegeta and let the new guard fight new threats, which will lead to fans losing interest and DB being over once and for all.

Thats not an something that matters.
After beating Piccolo the strongest threat on Earth,surely Goku would have nothing more than can challenge him?
Oh here is Freeza,the strongest in space,now Goku became the strongest on space as well,what more could he face?
Oh here is Cell,a being made by a genious scientist that is made of the cells of the strongest warriors/being that ever existed,surely that sounds like a good end game boss?
Wait there is a demon pink gum monster that existed for thousand of years, now Goku has become the strongest in the universe for certain surely that means.....
Nvm there are 12 universes after all.

Yeah you get the point,nothing stops Toriyama from saying this multiverse is part of an other multiverse,something that simple can still bring stronger enemies and be a reasonable excuse.

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Thu Jan 11, 2018 2:06 pm

Whatever wrote:
Professor Freeza wrote:
sintzu wrote:

After beating Piccolo the strongest threat on Earth,surely Goku would have nothing more than can challenge him?
Oh here is Freeza,the strongest in space,now Goku became the strongest on space as well,what more could he face?
Oh here is Cell,a being made by a genious scientist that is made of the cells of the strongest warriors/being that ever existed,surely that sounds like a good end game boss?
Wait there is a demon pink gum monster that existed for thousand of years, now Goku has become the strongest in the universe for certain surely that means.....

Yeah you get the point,nothing stops Toriyama from saying this multiverse is part of an other multiverse,something that simple can still bring stronger enemies and be a reasonable excuse.
There's also those 6 universes that were wiped out they could do something with. I personally think Toriyama will stop when he reaches EOZ and just stay on as an advisor when Toei decides to move on without him.

emperior
I Live Here

Post by emperior » Thu Jan 11, 2018 2:52 pm

Whatever wrote:
Professor Freeza wrote:
sintzu wrote:

I hope Toriyama won't create yet another multiverse, it would too much confusion and bring up the possibility of there existing infinite multiverses. I believe we will explore other realms, such as the realm where the Angels come from, or the realm of Dragon Gods consisting of beings such as Zalama.
悟 “Vincit qui se vincit”

What I consider canonical

RedHeat
Regular

Post by RedHeat » Thu Jan 11, 2018 3:00 pm

What are you guys even talking about? What's left to discuss at this point?
Feels over Reals.

Faisal Shourov
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Faisal Shourov » Fri Jan 12, 2018 6:01 am

VejituhTheWarriorGuy wrote:
Faisal Shourov wrote:Super is NOT ending. It's the biggest money making media franchise in Japan right now. Super ending will massively dent or erase all those revenue, which would make zero sense financially.

No anime/manga based show is making as much money as Super, not even One Piece. Super is making 2x the money of One Piece at the moment, so Super getting cancelled is a likely as One Piece getting cancelled.
One Piece was actually the best selling media franchise in Japan during 2017 but Super is still making a lot
Not really. Super made 61 billion in yen and One Piece made 30 billion. This is from Bandai Namco themselves, the official licensed distributor of all Dragon Ball/One Piece related merchandize.

Dokkan Battle ALONE made 200 million dollars.

http://www.bandainamco.co.jp/en/ir/libr ... Result.pdf

Toyotarō: … I get the feeling I’ve just heard something amazing (laughs). Lord Beerus and Whis turn up in Dragon Ball Super, and have become an unsurpassable wall for Goku and the gang. What do the two of them mean to you?

Toriyama: Well… First off, right now I don’t have any plans for Goku and Vegeta to surpass Beerus and Whis.

Basaku
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Basaku » Fri Jan 12, 2018 6:28 am

Chuquita wrote:Not everybody wants a cast replacement to happen. I don't. Dragon Ball's world isn't enough to keep me interested without Goku and friends.

I mean, I'm prepared to quit Super and Kanzenshuu if Super pulls a Boruto since Super's the only reason I stay anymore, but I'd hope Shueisha doesn't do that.
No one ever brought up seriously an idea about completly replacing the cast. On the contrary, people want already-present and established younger generation to take the lead (with Goku/Vegeta/Bulma taking on mentor supporting roles)

VejituhTheWarriorGuy
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by VejituhTheWarriorGuy » Fri Jan 12, 2018 8:26 am

Faisal Shourov wrote:
VejituhTheWarriorGuy wrote:
Faisal Shourov wrote:Super is NOT ending. It's the biggest money making media franchise in Japan right now. Super ending will massively dent or erase all those revenue, which would make zero sense financially.

No anime/manga based show is making as much money as Super, not even One Piece. Super is making 2x the money of One Piece at the moment, so Super getting cancelled is a likely as One Piece getting cancelled.
One Piece was actually the best selling media franchise in Japan during 2017 but Super is still making a lot
Not really. Super made 61 billion in yen and One Piece made 30 billion. This is from Bandai Namco themselves, the official licensed distributor of all Dragon Ball/One Piece related merchandize.

Dokkan Battle ALONE made 200 million dollars.

http://www.bandainamco.co.jp/en/ir/libr ... Result.pdf

Again I said in Japan, these are worldwide sales. One Piece FAR surpassed Dragon Ball in Japan this year but worldwide is a different story. This also doesn't count manga and home video
"You think you can defeat me? Using the power of those MOSQUITOS?! I am the legendary WARRIOR!" - Broly (Big Green Dub)

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Fri Jan 12, 2018 7:41 pm

Basaku wrote:
Chuquita wrote:Not everybody wants a cast replacement to happen. I don't. Dragon Ball's world isn't enough to keep me interested without Goku and friends.

I mean, I'm prepared to quit Super and Kanzenshuu if Super pulls a Boruto since Super's the only reason I stay anymore, but I'd hope Shueisha doesn't do that.
No one ever brought up seriously an idea about completly replacing the cast. On the contrary, people want already-present and established younger generation to take the lead (with Goku/Vegeta/Bulma taking on mentor supporting roles)
I could be mixing up threads; entirely possible.

It's still not something I'd keep up with, at least not to the extent I keep up with Super now.

Like...there's nothing wrong with the whole "next gen" thing, it's just not for me outside of Jojo and Precure (and those you go into knowing they're setup for eventual replacements).
My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

UpFromTheSkies
I Live Here

Post by UpFromTheSkies » Fri Jan 12, 2018 10:09 pm

Professor Freeza wrote:At this point Goku and Vegeta are beating beings Stronger than GoD's. no new or other cast members can reach them. Not even Uub.
I'm sure when Goku surpassed Kami and Piccolo Daimao , who were basically the "Gods" of the series back then, fans were thinking the same thing, but Toriyama still came up with new enemies. As for Uub, we have no idea how strong he'll turn out to be, but he did go toe to toe with Goku after he had mastered SSB and Ultra Instinct, so he should be pretty powerful and have a ton of potential.

majinwarman
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by majinwarman » Sat Jan 13, 2018 3:48 am

sintzu wrote:
majinwarman wrote:
Hawk9211 wrote: So,nothing new.
People really want this to happen. That could work only if there is a interesting story to it or it will get boring fast.
If boruto is anything to go by then it'll be very boring. The best way to use the next generation is alongside the old cast.
That I can agree with that statement.
Majinwarman
So I'm 'evil', huh? Interesting."
A world without Dragon Ball is just meh.

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Sat Jan 13, 2018 4:54 am

Chuquita wrote:It's still not something I'd keep up with, at least not to the extent I keep up with Super now.
I'm pretty sure the franchise would completely go downhill popularity and financial wise if they pulled that. Just look at Boruto, it's nowhere near as successful or liked as Naruto because of the whole "next gen" thing they're going with.

People go to DB for Goku, Vegeta, Piccolo, etc. and that's something these very small vocal minority groups who are calling for the enxt generation need to understand.

BlueBasilisk
I Live Here

Post by BlueBasilisk » Sat Jan 13, 2018 7:35 am

Toriyama tried replacing Goku as the lead and it didn't work. Pretty sure they're not going to try that again. Goku still has at least 30 years of fighting left in him if Toriyama sticks to that "Saiyans age rapidly ~80" thing, and I have every expectation he'll either become eternally young or get wished back into his prime if he becomes too old. Vegeta too.

What I want is for the "next generation" to join the main ensemble like Gohan and Trunks did before them so we can see the continued growth of Goku and his family rather than being stuck in this half-ass end of Buu saga situation we have now.

Cetra
I Live Here

Post by Cetra » Sat Jan 13, 2018 7:37 am

BlueBasilisk wrote: and I have every expectation he'll either become eternally young or get wished back into his prime if he becomes too old.
It's almost like something similiar to that happened 20 years ago and people today are still raging about it.
"Citation needed."
"too lazy

feel free to take it with grain of salt or discredit me altogether, I'm not losing any sleep"

BlueBasilisk
I Live Here

Post by BlueBasilisk » Sat Jan 13, 2018 7:43 am

Cetra wrote:
BlueBasilisk wrote: and I have every expectation he'll either become eternally young or get wished back into his prime if he becomes too old.
It's almost like something similiar to that happened 20 years ago and people today are still raging about it.
Making him a kid was a little too far in that direction. I meant that he'll just stay as he is right now as the familiar Adult Goku and not get old.

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Sat Jan 13, 2018 8:11 am

sintzu wrote:
Chuquita wrote:It's still not something I'd keep up with, at least not to the extent I keep up with Super now.
I'm pretty sure the franchise would completely go downhill popularity and financial wise if they pulled that. Just look at Boruto, it's nowhere near as successful or liked as Naruto because of the whole "next gen" thing they're going with.

People go to DB for Goku, Vegeta, Piccolo, etc. and that's something these very small vocal minority groups who are calling for the next generation need to understand.
Saiyans are popular but the gap between the rest of them and Goku is pretty ridiculously big so it is no surprise Goku has had a lot of sceen time this arc. I would have hoped that Goku teaming up with the others would have lead to them getting marketed more at least but sadly not.

I'm sure quite a bit of people won't tune in for "Next Generation" and on top of that it seems the marketing department will be lost without Goku. Unless it's only planned for a cour or two I don't expect a "Next Generation" to last long.

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Sun Jan 14, 2018 11:35 am

https://mobile.twitter.com/kitaroanime5 ... 4810829825

Five day countdown until they officially announce what they're doing with Kitaro. We may know Super's fate before the end of the week.
My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!