"Dragon Ball Super" Series Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

darzap
Beyond Newbie

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by darzap » Sun Jan 28, 2018 4:19 am

Noah wrote:I usually see people thinking that Broly is the only character in the franchise allowed to be brutal and that's just silly.
I see you and others making good points here, but I'm afraid Toppo violated patents no. 102,925,291,592 "Facegrab (tm) with smashing-through-solids follow-up", 102,925,291,593 "Buffer than Ultra Trunks" and 102,925,291,594 "Doesn't feel your attacks". Three strikes and you're out, there is no denying that Toppo is Broly (tm).

More importantly, I think it is heart-warming to watch the cultural exchange between universes. Vegeta taught Cabba to stand up and be proud as a Saiyan through physical violence, Ribrianne and #18 taught each other their respective flavors of love and now Freeza taught Toppo that justice is meaningless by cruelly shooting him in the back, while he can't defend himself.

vashter
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by vashter » Sun Jan 28, 2018 4:27 am

Zamasu55 wrote:Toei just spoiled 17's elimination in the extended preview. :shock: :wave:
Link????

Nickolaidas
Advanced Regular

Post by Nickolaidas » Sun Jan 28, 2018 4:43 am

CJStriker_CBR wrote:
pacz360 wrote:
CJStriker_CBR wrote:
I Enjoyed Watching Freeza Getting "Don't Tazz Me Bro" from Toppo. :lol:

He Got a Taste of Justice after what he did to Jimeze.
Dyspo last week was a preview for what's to come for Freeza :lol:
On the Money right their Pacz360, he got Cocky with Dyspo and getting Kicked around underestimating him and now he GREATLY Underestimated GoD Toppo and got Completely Totally with only the rule of Not Killing Saving his behind from being erased! :lol:

Out of all the characters in the ToP to be Glad the most Killing is not an OK Rule, who ever Thought Frieza would be Right now the Most Grateful for it! :wink: :lol:
Like I said, Karma! :D

OverHeaven
Beyond Newbie

Post by OverHeaven » Sun Jan 28, 2018 6:26 am

Zamasu55 wrote:Toei just spoiled 17's elimination in the extended preview. :shock: :wave:
Maybe but it's not confirmed, perhaps they just put it there to mislead the viewers. Personally, I think Frieza is going to help him before he falls too far.

saunasolmu
Beyond Newbie

Post by saunasolmu » Sun Jan 28, 2018 6:57 am

Was it ever stated what happens if the tournament ends in a draw? Do both universes get eliminated?

If it's so, maybe Jiren realizes that he can't knock Goku off and Goku can't knock him off either, as the clock is running out, and Jiren sacrifices himself to save the only people he can - U7... well that's a pretty terrible theory that just occured to me :D
Last edited by saunasolmu on Sun Jan 28, 2018 7:01 am, edited 1 time in total.

buutenks
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by buutenks » Sun Jan 28, 2018 7:01 am

I dont see what 17 can do passed this point tbh. His shield got broken by simple ki blasts fired from GoD Toppo.

So I think he is out in next ep.

Saturnine

Post by Saturnine » Sun Jan 28, 2018 7:03 am

saunasolmu wrote:Was it ever stated what happens if the tournament ends in a draw? Do both universes get eliminated?

If it's so, maybe Jiren realizes that he can't knock Goku off and Goku can't knock him off either, as the clock is running out, and Jiren sacrifices himself to save the only people he can - U7... well that's a pretty terrible theory that just occured to me :D
Why can't he save U11 though?

Ki Breaker
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Ki Breaker » Sun Jan 28, 2018 7:15 am

I am indifferent towards 17 but what is he even doing here anymore..
The Lord moves in mysterious ways but you don't have to. Please use your blinker

emperior
I Live Here

Post by emperior » Sun Jan 28, 2018 7:37 am

Ki Breaker wrote:I am indifferent towards 17 but what is he even doing here anymore..
Let's wait and see. I am sure Toriyama has given him an important role for the finale, and he's been so entertaining that and well-written that I'm happy he is still in.
悟 “Vincit qui se vincit”

What I consider canonical

Totamo

Post by Totamo » Sun Jan 28, 2018 7:48 am

Ki Breaker wrote:I am indifferent towards 17 but what is he even doing here anymore..
He is here for numbers because freeza is done

saunasolmu
Beyond Newbie

Post by saunasolmu » Sun Jan 28, 2018 8:02 am

Saturnine wrote:
saunasolmu wrote:Was it ever stated what happens if the tournament ends in a draw? Do both universes get eliminated?

Why can't he save U11 though?
I was thinking that if a draw means that both universes get eliminated, and JIren finds himself in a situation where he and Goku are too evenly matched to knock each other out, he'd do the only thing he could to save lives, which would be eliminate himself/give up.

Zamasu55

Post by Zamasu55 » Sun Jan 28, 2018 8:44 am

emperior wrote:
Let's wait and see. I am sure Toriyama has given him an important role for the finale, and he's been so entertaining that and well-written that I'm happy he is still in.
Mate, he's basically losing next episode. They spoiled it badly.

Lionel
I Live Here

Post by Lionel » Sun Jan 28, 2018 8:48 am

From a comparative standpoint, Freeza and #17 already did far better than what their levels should have been capable of doing. Somehow they were able to push into a corner the same iteration of Toppo who was intending to fight SSJBKKx10 Goku. After Toppo unleashes his full Hakaishin powers, they proceed to lead him on in a game of cat & mouse while prompting him to exert himself with attacks; this is a character who should have already dwarfed their power by more than ten times during the beam struggle prior to Hakaishin abilities arising. Now they shouldn't even be be in the same "dimension" as Toppo. Apparently not even Vegeta with his new form that was enabling him to work in tandem with SSJBKKx20 Goku can stand up to Hakaishin Toppo. Those two somehow holding any kind of ground for a moment against Toppo now would be like Saiyan arc Chaozu mustering up a resistance against Vegeta. It seems far-fetched to say the least. If we were being consistent then both fighters would have already been reduced to the same state as Goku after Oozaru Vegeta. Along with Freeza, Toppo would have scalped #17 and he'd be jabbing his fingers in trying to figure out whether or not the cyborg's ocular cavities are actually the shape of obtuse triangles as Vegeta's appearing on the scene.

Saturnine

Post by Saturnine » Sun Jan 28, 2018 9:44 am

Lionel wrote:From a comparative standpoint, Freeza and #17 already did far better than what their levels should have been capable of doing. Somehow they were able to push into a corner the same iteration of Toppo who was intending to fight SSJBKKx10 Goku.
How do you know that wasn't a regular, 2x Kaioken though?

Lionel
I Live Here

Post by Lionel » Sun Jan 28, 2018 9:50 am

Saturnine wrote:
Lionel wrote:From a comparative standpoint, Freeza and #17 already did far better than what their levels should have been capable of doing. Somehow they were able to push into a corner the same iteration of Toppo who was intending to fight SSJBKKx10 Goku.
How do you know that wasn't a regular, 2x Kaioken though?
Both fighters afterwards expressed an uncertainty over whether or not they could beat the other. If Goku still had eight more levels of Kaioken in reserve then he wouldn't have made such a firm statement on his chances.

Totamo

Post by Totamo » Sun Jan 28, 2018 9:58 am

Lionel wrote:From a comparative standpoint, Freeza and #17 already did far better than what their levels should have been capable of doing. Somehow they were able to push into a corner the same iteration of Toppo who was intending to fight SSJBKKx10 Goku. After Toppo unleashes his full Hakaishin powers, they proceed to lead him on in a game of cat & mouse while prompting him to exert himself with attacks; this is a character who should have already dwarfed their power by more than ten times during the beam struggle prior to Hakaishin abilities arising. Now they shouldn't even be be in the same "dimension" as Toppo. Apparently not even Vegeta with his new form that was enabling him to work in tandem with SSJBKKx20 Goku can stand up to Hakaishin Toppo. Those two somehow holding any kind of ground for a moment against Toppo now would be like Saiyan arc Chaozu mustering up a resistance against Vegeta. It seems far-fetched to say the least. If we were being consistent then both fighters would have already been reduced to the same state as Goku after Oozaru Vegeta. Along with Freeza, Toppo would have scalped #17 and he'd be jabbing his fingers in trying to figure out whether or not the cyborg's ocular cavities are actually the shape of obtuse triangles as Vegeta's appearing on the scene.
Yeah, guys. I mean short of defeating a big bad, the remaining non saiyan fighters have done more than enough.

BlueBasilisk
I Live Here

Post by BlueBasilisk » Sun Jan 28, 2018 11:31 am

I really think Frieza is gonna be done next episode. Both the NEP and the ep 126 preview say Toppo bodies him again next week along with 17 and he's used up most of the useful gimmicks in his repertoire besides Psychokinesis and his Death Saucers. Supposedly he's going to use the former in 126 and he can literally kiss his ass goodbye if he uses the latter. :lol:

But seriously, he's going into breakdown mode and seeing how well he fared against ToppGod, even Golden Frieza would be absolutely no help against Jiren.

17 I'm not sure. I'd like him to stick around a little longer but short of using his barrier in some type of sacrifice play against Toppo he's just about reached the limit of what he can contribute.

He's done incredibly well though. Who would have guessed?

Xeogran
I Live Here

Post by Xeogran » Sun Jan 28, 2018 12:07 pm

BlueBasilisk wrote:I really think Frieza is gonna be done next episode.
Seeing how Freeza is constantly getting saved now (first by Gohan now 17) it really would be disappointing if he just gets eliminated like that.

I got the feeling that this is the writers way to Freeza's "redemption". Making him go through insane tortures which will force him to become a better being.

Either he unlocks his own Ultra Instinct or... he tosses his hatred aside to do something as bizarre as, for example, fusing with Goku :twisted:

Ki Breaker
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Ki Breaker » Sun Jan 28, 2018 12:10 pm

Xeogran wrote:fusing with Goku :twisted:
A hohoing Goku is something I didn't know I needed until now..
The Lord moves in mysterious ways but you don't have to. Please use your blinker

pacz360
I Live Here

Post by pacz360 » Sun Jan 28, 2018 12:56 pm

Love how people love toppo all of a sudden where people talk shit about him saying justice,dabbin and calling his design garbage annoying and shit
bandwagon ass niggas i tell ya
love this nigga since day one and that love never changed :lol: