"Dragon Ball FighterZ" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

linkdude20002001
I Live Here

Re: "Dragon Ball FighterZ" (PS4/XBO/PC, 2018, Arc System Works) Official Discussion Thread

Post by linkdude20002001 » Fri Feb 02, 2018 12:11 am

The S wrote:I know it's just a joke, but I was disappointed by 21's "Go organic" line.

A scientist would never advocate that.
I have to disagree. My ex, a scientist, is the only person I've met who buys organic things. I don't see why you think scientists want to harm the environment and its creatures.
The Many English Dubs of DB, DBZ, and DBGT
Viz Release Censorship Guide

Scsigs: "Y'know, it actually makes sense that they waited till today to announce [the 30th Anniversary] set. It's Akira Toriyama's birthday."
Shaddy: "I too want my legacy destroyed as a birthday gift."

BlazingFiddlesticks
I Live Here

Re: "Dragon Ball FighterZ" (PS4/XBO/PC, 2018, Arc System Works) Official Discussion Thread

Post by BlazingFiddlesticks » Fri Feb 02, 2018 1:16 am

The S wrote:I know it's just a joke, but I was disappointed by 21's "Go organic" line.

A scientist would never advocate that.
I just saw the scene and thought she preferred candy made from strong flesh-and-blood organisms over whatever melange Cell is. It was a pun.

And the organic question goes in a bunch of different directions; you can say feeding cows corn (because its plentiful courtesy of being used for a bunch of other things) amplifies the potential health problems of eating beef while seeing GMO fears as unnecessary.
JulieYBM wrote:
Pannaliciour wrote:Reading all the comments and interviews, my conclusion is: nobody knows what the hell is going on.
Just like Dragon Ball since Chapter #4.
son veku wrote:
Metalwario64 wrote:
BlazingFiddlesticks wrote:Kingdom Piccolo
Where is that located?
Canada

TRIZACK
Not-So-Newbie

Post by TRIZACK » Fri Feb 02, 2018 1:32 am

Anyone want to add me on PS4? GT is Trizack still figuring out my team.

emperior
I Live Here

Post by emperior » Fri Feb 02, 2018 1:33 am

jeffbr92 wrote:For those who played both Xenoverse and FighterZ, which one is better?
If you play online battles, this game is 100 times better than Xenoverse. But Xenoverse has definitely more content.
悟 “Vincit qui se vincit”

What I consider canonical

ShadowBardock89
Advanced Regular

Post by ShadowBardock89 » Fri Feb 02, 2018 1:46 am

I kind of want this Goku as a Lobby Avatar:
http://www.kanzenshuu.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=40715&start=20#p1439892
http://dba.bn-ent.net/character/barduck.html
https://i.imgur.com/86hOk5i.gif

Scsigs
I Live Here

Post by Scsigs » Fri Feb 02, 2018 2:11 am

emperior wrote:
jeffbr92 wrote:For those who played both Xenoverse and FighterZ, which one is better?
If you play online battles, this game is 100 times better than Xenoverse. But Xenoverse has definitely more content.
It, honestly, depends on what you're looking for. No one's gonna argue that XV is a serious fighting game series, as the controls & fighting system need significant tweaks before that can happen, but it's a pretty decent, but incredibly flawed, action adventure RPG series. FighterZ is built to be an actually serious fighting game with a story, similar to the Budokai games, but it's main focus is the fighting rather than co-op play of XV.
Only dubs that matter are DB, Kai, & Super. Nothing else.
Vic Mignogna: Good actor & singer, but a MAJOR douchebag & idiot.
https://www.youtube.com/user/Scsigs
https://twitter.com/Scsigs

NintendoBlaze53
Regular

Post by NintendoBlaze53 » Fri Feb 02, 2018 2:16 am

The modding community is already going crazy with this game on PC. We've got model swaps for Saiyan Saga Goku, Saiyan Saga Vegeta, Base Gotenks, SSj3 Goku, Full Power Freeza, Casual clothes 18. As well as a palette swap for SSj Goku Black. I assume we'll also get mods for Base Android 21, Base Goku Black and Android 17 soon. While some of these mods are obvious mods, the model swap for Base Gotenks is really well done and now I want that as official DLC.
"You should enjoy the little detours. To the fullest. Because that's where you'll find the things more important than what you want." -Ging Freecss

If you care about opinionated/critical analysis and reviews of anime, manga and gaming products, feel free to check out my website. https://otakustance.wordpress.com/

Kataphrut
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Kataphrut » Fri Feb 02, 2018 5:21 am

I've had a good run of matches recently where I've beaten people in Ranked who have much higher win ratios than me and it makes me feel guilty. Most of the ones I've beaten are actually proficient at reversals, combo extensions and other advanced fighty game things, while I feel like I'm still flailing around. I just seem to have a knack for playing scrappy and confusing them on highs and lows. Krillin, 18 and Nappa are my mains and they work well at that. I love that their supers have good tag synergy.

I'm not spamming super dash any more (in fact, I basically turned around a losing match by 2H'ing a bloke who was getting too comfortable with it), but I still find myself using it quite a bit as a makeshift overhead. Jump and dash when they're crouch-blocking, open up for combos, repeat until you meet someone who actually knows what they're doing and get yer shit pushed in.

SSJ2bardock
I Live Here

Post by SSJ2bardock » Fri Feb 02, 2018 12:08 pm

Is anyone else having trouble blocking Super Saiyan Goku’s ultra? It seems like no matter what I do he still ends up teleporting behind me and getting the hit in even if I’m blocking.
PSN Stay_Slapped

Let’s play FighterZ

emperior
I Live Here

Post by emperior » Fri Feb 02, 2018 12:12 pm

Am I the only one having trouble with Hard Arcade Mode? I can't beat the Kid Buu + Fat Buu team-up. They abuse the hell out of their assists. I don't have trouble with any other CPU controlled character anymore. I may actually have to learn the Buu combination to use online because it feels OP, and I have yet to find an online opponent who completely obliterated me like the hard CPU Kid Buu does. I have a decent 18-14 record at the moment, so soon I will definitely find someone who annihilates me.
I use Hit, SSJ Goku and Cell. They are basically the only characters I can play with at the moment.
悟 “Vincit qui se vincit”

What I consider canonical

Neo-Makaiōshin
I Live Here

Post by Neo-Makaiōshin » Fri Feb 02, 2018 12:22 pm

Dragon Ball was always a kid series and fans should stop being in denial.

SSJ2bardock
I Live Here

Post by SSJ2bardock » Fri Feb 02, 2018 1:44 pm

emperior wrote:Am I the only one having trouble with Hard Arcade Mode? I can't beat the Kid Buu + Fat Buu team-up. They abuse the hell out of their assists. I don't have trouble with any other CPU controlled character anymore. I may actually have to learn the Buu combination to use online because it feels OP, and I have yet to find an online opponent who completely obliterated me like the hard CPU Kid Buu does. I have a decent 18-14 record at the moment, so soon I will definitely find someone who annihilates me.
I use Hit, SSJ Goku and Cell. They are basically the only characters I can play with at the moment.
Honestly you just have to find a way to exploit the CPU strategies. You can’t play arcade mode the same way you would against a human opponent and it’s going to take you a few tries even once you get the hang of it because I’m not positive about this but it would appear that on hard mode the computer pulls off combos that are impossible for a human to react fast enough for. It’s possible though, I’ve cleared all three paths in hard mode with an A ranking.
PSN Stay_Slapped

Let’s play FighterZ

tinlunlau
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by tinlunlau » Fri Feb 02, 2018 5:24 pm

TheOtherDude wrote:
dbzfan7 wrote:
Depends on what you are looking for. I'd say FighterZ is the better game overall though. But if fighting games aren't your fortay then Xenoverse's simpler and more RPG like focus may work more for some.
It’s Forte. Sorry, the musician in me couldn’t resist lol
Actually, it's forté.
On a sidenote, I finally went out to Walmart and bought myself the ps4 version. Anyone know how to set the Chinese subtitles in the game? Tried to set my system to the Hong Kong servers but the game is still stuck in English. Watched some videos of the Chinese version and it seemed the translation is slightly more accurate than the English counterpart aside from their Taiwanese names being used (which bothered some Hong Kong players).
The world is your's.

AgitoZ
Temporarily Banned

Post by AgitoZ » Fri Feb 02, 2018 6:13 pm

SSJ2bardock wrote:Is anyone else having trouble blocking Super Saiyan Goku’s ultra? It seems like no matter what I do he still ends up teleporting behind me and getting the hit in even if I’m blocking.
Goku's Level 3 crosses you up. So to block you need to switch directions. For example, if you're blocking by holding back and to the left, when you see the animation quickly switch to holding to the right. Hopefully that helps.
If you're not here soon... GET ON!

Rooflemonger

Post by Rooflemonger » Fri Feb 02, 2018 7:30 pm

SSJ2bardock wrote:
Rooflemonger wrote:Hey, don't wanna come off like a shill here but I run an educational fighting game channel @ http://www.youtube.com/rooflemonger

If you are interested in becoming better at the game and fighting games in general I got a lot of stuff that can help you out. Came here because I remembered kazenshuu from back in the day (although I was a planet namek guy!).

If ya got any questions about mechanics or whatever else as well I can answer them to the best of my ability.
Are you going to have videos on more basic stuff?
Basic in what way? Like concept wise? I do have a video planned for tomorrow or the next day about just how to defend yourself against pressure since people seem to be really struggling with that.

Or more gameplay stuff? Like I just did a breakdown on how the Ginyu force mechanic works

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u2s5rx7nPig

Ikazvyr
Beyond Newbie

Post by Ikazvyr » Fri Feb 02, 2018 8:11 pm

Bandai Namco is doing a survey about the game: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/DBFZSurvey

Everyone who didn't liked the localization and/or the subtitles being discrepant to the japanese audio, please vote for it and express it, so maybe we can have at least new subtitles or improvements in the next games. I really disliked the adaptations in the script and saw many people here were on the same boat, so please let's have our voice in the survey

TheOtherDude
Beyond Newbie

Post by TheOtherDude » Fri Feb 02, 2018 8:13 pm

tinlunlau wrote:
TheOtherDude wrote:
dbzfan7 wrote:
Depends on what you are looking for. I'd say FighterZ is the better game overall though. But if fighting games aren't your fortay then Xenoverse's simpler and more RPG like focus may work more for some.
It’s Forte. Sorry, the musician in me couldn’t resist lol
Actually, it's forté.
On a sidenote, I finally went out to Walmart and bought myself the ps4 version. Anyone know how to set the Chinese subtitles in the game? Tried to set my system to the Hong Kong servers but the game is still stuck in English. Watched some videos of the Chinese version and it seemed the translation is slightly more accurate than the English counterpart aside from their Taiwanese names being used (which bothered some Hong Kong players).
Not exactly sure why you want to get all technical, but spelling it out as just forte is just fine. Realistically you never even have to spell out the dynamic. Just the F would suffice

shadowmaria
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by shadowmaria » Fri Feb 02, 2018 8:35 pm

Ironically, I finally found enjoyment in this game’s story gameplay

During the final arc when it didn’t goddamn drag on forever

So let me get this straight. The implication here is that 16, being modelled after Gero’s son, was modelled after 21’s original form’s son, further more meaning that 21 is 20’s partner and 16’s mother?

ShadowBardock89
Advanced Regular

Post by ShadowBardock89 » Fri Feb 02, 2018 9:21 pm

shadowmaria wrote:
So let me get this straight. The implication here is that 16, being modelled after Gero’s son, was modelled after 21’s original form’s son, further more meaning that 21 is 20’s partner and 16’s mother?
Yup.
http://www.kanzenshuu.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=40715&start=20#p1439892
http://dba.bn-ent.net/character/barduck.html
https://i.imgur.com/86hOk5i.gif

FoolsGil
I Live Here

Post by FoolsGil » Fri Feb 02, 2018 9:29 pm

Finally finished the Hero's story mode. Tackling the villains tomorrow.

When it comes to the fighting online, doing a lot of training, working towards improving. Found a 26 Hit Combo with Yamcha that takes a quarter of HP and I hope to learn more with Ginyu, Nappa, Piccolo, and Tenshinhan. The way to git gud is a long winding trail, especially when you have to learn 3 characters at once and not one at a time.