"Dragon Ball Super" Series Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

perucho1990
I Live Here

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by perucho1990 » Sat Feb 03, 2018 8:46 pm

Grimlock wrote:One thing I must point out though. They're starting to end the episodes with still images like this and I really loved them back in Dragon Ball, Dragon Ball Z and Dragon Ball GT. :clap:

Hopefully they continue throughout the end of this tournament.

Where did Freeza go?

MrBlackFox
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by MrBlackFox » Sat Feb 03, 2018 8:46 pm

Kenneth La Torre wrote:
MrBlackFox wrote:
Kenneth La Torre wrote:
Don’t expect a twist or anything that important from him. Remember that dB is gonna end soon, and dB won’t end with freeza winning.
Not a twist, but I'm scared as f..k Toei and Toriyama will make something stupid, like Frieza trying to do a last minute surprise bertrayal and ends up erased for good
I don’t think they are that stupid, if they do, well, get your pitch fork ready
I really hope so, poor Frieza got an awesome treatment and ruin everything at the end would destroy all this arc and Frieza character for me

Zamasu55
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Zamasu55 » Sat Feb 03, 2018 8:47 pm

Anyway, 17 is the new Trunks.

Doctor.
Banned

Post by Doctor. » Sat Feb 03, 2018 8:48 pm

Zamasu55 wrote:Anyway, 17 is the new Trunks.
This was obvious already in the recruitment arc.

Kinokima
I Live Here

Post by Kinokima » Sat Feb 03, 2018 8:49 pm

Lord Beerus wrote:
BlueBasilisk wrote:Oh look, there's Bulma, Trunks and Bra just like people wanted. :roll:
I don't why this was such an issue to begin with when the show has already stressed on several occasions how much Vegeta cares for his family. We don't need a constant reminder.

That is exactly what I said. The fact that Vegeta cares about Cabba too means he cares about more people now not that he forgot his family.

As for this being similar to Trunks SSR well I for one never complained about that. Getting transformations in need doesn’t really bother me. And Vegeta trains like crazy so I honestly don’t think him getting power when he needs it is so out there. Even if it’s not 100% explained it’s not that big of an issue to me. Super is certainly not the only version of DB at fault when it comes to this type of thing.

Kenneth La Torre

Post by Kenneth La Torre » Sat Feb 03, 2018 8:49 pm

I would like to disagree, but it’s hard to

Zamasu55

Post by Zamasu55 » Sat Feb 03, 2018 8:50 pm

Doctor. wrote:
That's why I hate him just like I hated Trunks in the previous arc.

And I will end up liking 17 more in the manga, just like what happened with Trunks. And I don't care if "he was a spectator during his own saga1!1", it still made more sense.

Anyway, can't wait for 17 to drop off, really.

MrBlackFox
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by MrBlackFox » Sat Feb 03, 2018 8:51 pm

Even better, if I can say it

Totamo

Post by Totamo » Sat Feb 03, 2018 8:52 pm

BlueBasilisk wrote:
Totamo wrote:
Kinokima wrote:People are complaining when Vegeta finally defeated a pretty major antagonist. Okay it’s not Jiren but it’s more than he was ever given before.

It would have been nice if Toppo lasted longer but they don’t exactly have a lot of episodes to spare (they should have cut down the Kefla vs Goku fight earlier on but too late for that now)

Also apparently Vegeta thought of his family so for those of you who thought he didn’t care... :)

And I can’t wait to see shirtless Vegeta lol
Look, you cannot tell me this is not the same as ssr trunks except we know why Toei did that
How is it any different than Toyotaro making up Complete SSB and Trunks' jacked up SS2 that nobody else has? And who cares if they made it up?
Because of 1. Merged zamasu was way weaker in the anime. 2. Toyo previewed that Super saiyan blue has flaws 3. Trunks jacked ss2 did nothing.

But the most beautiful reason: NONE OF THEM WERE POWERED BY FAMILY AND FRIENDSHIP!!!! Thats my big issue with Vegeta's transformation. It was powered by emotion other than rage. Dragon ball is not Fairy Tail, damnit. It should be above this and for a good bit in super it was. Vegeta did get a boost against bulma but then Beerus made it worthless.

Totamo

Post by Totamo » Sat Feb 03, 2018 8:53 pm

Zamasu55 wrote:
Doctor. wrote:
That's why I hate him just like I hated Trunks in the previous arc.

And I will end up liking 17 more in the manga, just like what happened with Trunks. And I don't care if "he was a spectator during his own saga1!1", it still made more sense.

Anyway, can't wait for 17 to drop off, really.
Heart>logic for a lot of people my friend. I felt more for Trunks in the anime than the manga. And thats the biggest reason people hate it so much.
Last edited by Totamo on Sat Feb 03, 2018 8:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Sat Feb 03, 2018 8:54 pm

Totamo wrote:
BlueBasilisk wrote:
Totamo wrote: Look, you cannot tell me this is not the same as ssr trunks except we know why Toei did that
How is it any different than Toyotaro making up Complete SSB and Trunks' jacked up SS2 that nobody else has? And who cares if they made it up?
Because of 1. Merged zamasu was way weaker in the anime. 2. Toyo previewed that Super saiyan blue has flaws 3. Trunks jacked ss2 did nothing.

But the most beautiful reason: NONE OF THEM WERE POWERED BY FAMILY AND FRIENDSHIP!!!! Thats my big issue with Vegeta's transformation. It was powered by emotion other than rage. Dragon ball is not Fairy Tail, damnit. It should be above this and for a good bit in super it was. Vegeta did get a boost against bulma but then Beerus made it worthless.
Rage is an emotion. And emotion is what fuels some of the Super Saiyan forms.

BlueBasilisk
I Live Here

Post by BlueBasilisk » Sat Feb 03, 2018 8:56 pm

Totamo wrote:
BlueBasilisk wrote:
Totamo wrote: Look, you cannot tell me this is not the same as ssr trunks except we know why Toei did that

You know that Blue and God aren't powered by rage either, right?

Totamo

Post by Totamo » Sat Feb 03, 2018 8:58 pm

Lord Beerus wrote:
Totamo wrote:
BlueBasilisk wrote: How is it any different than Toyotaro making up Complete SSB and Trunks' jacked up SS2 that nobody else has? And who cares if they made it up?

Thats why I said other than rage, because that was a precedent.

When has Geets' pride ever helped him in battle besides making him more durable.

I'm super glad that someone other than Goku got something really big, just like with Trunks. But I just don't understand why Toei can't put some logic in this stuff because this so freaking dumb, but its so freaking cool.

and that last sentence sums up super pretty well for me.

Lord Frieza
I Live Here

Post by Lord Frieza » Sat Feb 03, 2018 9:02 pm

Totamo wrote:
BlueBasilisk wrote:

Sorry this line confused me. Merged Zamasu is blatanely infirior to his anime counterpart. But really thats a topic for the power level section....

Or do you mean the power level inconsistancy of normal Merged Zamasu and your not talking about his Half-Corrupted State?

Kinokima
I Live Here

Post by Kinokima » Sat Feb 03, 2018 9:05 pm

People complain when Vegeta thinks of his family and people complain when Vegeta doesn’t think of his family. Guess you can’t please everyone.

Personally I love Vegeta changing so much that he now finds the power within himself because of selfless things like love of his family and a promise to Cabba. That just shows how far he has come as a character.

I also like that his pride is a positive thing for him. Pride can be both positive and negative depending on the circumstance. And that has always been true for Vegeta too.

Freeza9000
Advanced Regular

Post by Freeza9000 » Sat Feb 03, 2018 9:07 pm

Kinokima wrote:People complain when Vegeta thinks of his family and people complain when Vegeta doesn’t think of his family. Guess you can’t please everyone.

Personally I love Vegeta changing so much that he now finds the power within himself because of selfless things like love of his family and a promise to Cabba. That just shows how far he has come as a character.

I also like that his pride is a positive thing for him. Pride can be both positive and negative depending on the circumstance. And that has always been true for Vegeta too.
The only thing I can complain about is Toppo being a disappointment in this episode.

Lord Frieza
I Live Here

Post by Lord Frieza » Sat Feb 03, 2018 9:08 pm

Kinokima wrote:People complain when Vegeta thinks of his family and people complain when Vegeta doesn’t think of his family. Guess you can’t please everyone.

I'm just happy that for once his Pride was a positive thing, every other time its always superseded by an ass kicking or him being made to look like a total moron.

Totamo

Post by Totamo » Sat Feb 03, 2018 9:08 pm

Lord Frieza wrote:
Totamo wrote:
BlueBasilisk wrote: How is it any different than Toyotaro making up Complete SSB and Trunks' jacked up SS2 that nobody else has? And who cares if they made it up?

Sorry this line confused me. Merged Zamasu is blatanely infirior to his anime counterpart. But really thats a topic for the power level section....

Or do you mean the power level inconsistancy of normal Merged Zamasu and your not talking about his Half-Corrupted State?
its both. In the anime, Merged zamasu and Vegito were pretty even, in the manga, it was a straight slaughterfest for Vegito so when Goku started kicking his ass with a new form, I didn't even blink.

But when Trunks starts dueling with him evenly in the anime, I was scratched my head for like days.

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Sat Feb 03, 2018 9:11 pm

Totamo wrote:
Lord Beerus wrote:
Totamo wrote: Because of 1. Merged zamasu was way weaker in the anime. 2. Toyo previewed that Super saiyan blue has flaws 3. Trunks jacked ss2 did nothing.

Thats why I said other than rage, because that was a precedent.

When has Geets' pride ever helped him in battle besides making him more durable.

I'm super glad that someone other than Goku got something really big, just like with Trunks. But I just don't understand why Toei can't put some logic in this stuff because this so freaking dumb, but its so freaking cool.

and that last sentence sums up super pretty well for me.
I don't see what the big issue is. Intense emotions can lead to Saiyans breaking through barriers and spontaneously achieving new heights of power, whether it's temporary boost in power or attaining a certain SSJ form. it doesn't matter if the emotion is rage, desperation, pride or envy, it just happens.

Lord Frieza
I Live Here

Post by Lord Frieza » Sat Feb 03, 2018 9:12 pm

Totamo wrote:
Lord Frieza wrote:
Totamo wrote: Because of 1. Merged zamasu was way weaker in the anime. 2. Toyo previewed that Super saiyan blue has flaws 3. Trunks jacked ss2 did nothing.

its both. In the anime, Merged zamasu and Vegito were pretty even, in the manga, it was a straight slaughterfest for Vegito so when Goku started kicking his ass with a new form, I didn't even blink.

But when Trunks starts dueling with him evenly in the anime, I was scratched my head for like days.
Well I can think of possible reasons for why Zamasu is haveing some trouble, based on what we know of fusion and speculation, but we can all agree that sodding "Sword of Genki/Hope" is one os Toei biggest and lazyiest asspulls.