Between GT and Super, Which do you feel handled Buu better

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

DBZAOTA482
Banned

Re: Between GT and Super, Which do you feel handled Buu better

Post by DBZAOTA482 » Sun Feb 04, 2018 6:26 pm

Definitely GT. While he didn't do much fighting, his character was way more in-line with how he was after befriending Mr. Satan thus more likable and component.

Mr. Boo in Super is either lazy, stupid, or an asshole minus the brief moment where he became skinny.
fadeddreams5 wrote:
DBZGTKOSDH wrote:... Haven't we already gotten these in GT? Goku dies, the DBs go away, and the Namekian DBs most likely won't be used again because of the Evil Dragons.
Goku didn't die in GT. The show sucked him off so much, it was impossible to keep him in the world of the living, so he ascended beyond mortality.
jjgp1112 wrote: Sat Jul 18, 2020 6:31 am I'm just about done with the concept of reboots and making shows that were products of their time and impactful "new and sexy" and in line with modern tastes and sensibilities. Let stuff stay in their era and give today's kids their own shit to watch.

I always side eye the people who say "Now my kids/today's kids can experience what I did as a child!" Nigga, who gives a fuck about your childhood? You're an adult now and it was at least 15 years ago. Let the kids have their own experience instead of picking at a corpse.

GreatSaiyaJeff
Regular

Post by GreatSaiyaJeff » Sun Feb 04, 2018 6:50 pm

I'm mixed, yeah we got to see him have a kick ass fight against Basil, I feel over all GT surprisingly handled the character better. Sure he didn't show up much but I felt more of a presence from him. He saved Hercule and Pan from Baby, worried and fused with Uub to saved him, and told Uub not to beat Satan because the world would like it's greatest champion. Compared to Super where he slept through two tournaments and Freeza's return.
"I just realized something. Honestly... it kinda doesn't matter where I go... whether I'm alive or dead... I'm still pretty dandy." - Space Dandy

Robo4900
I Live Here

Post by Robo4900 » Sun Feb 04, 2018 7:14 pm

King13s wrote:Buu in super is Toriyama being a dick to the fanbase. Raised expectations, just to fuck you over with a shitty gag.
I'm not so sure that was Toriyama. The Super manga didn't have Boo considered as an entrant for the Tournament Of Power. I think that was just Toei.
The point of Dragon Ball is to enjoy it. Never lose sight of that.

King13s

Post by King13s » Sun Feb 04, 2018 8:06 pm

Robo4900 wrote:
King13s wrote:Buu in super is Toriyama being a dick to the fanbase. Raised expectations, just to fuck you over with a shitty gag.
I'm not so sure that was Toriyama. The Super manga didn't have Boo considered as an entrant for the Tournament Of Power. I think that was just Toei.
Fair, and so far that is the barometer for what was Toriyama's idea.

So in both cases is Toei's handling of the character. That's unfortunate that they did so well in what most people consider the worse show

Robo4900
I Live Here

Post by Robo4900 » Sun Feb 04, 2018 10:55 pm

King13s wrote:Fair, and so far that is the barometer for what was Toriyama's idea.

So in both cases is Toei's handling of the character. That's unfortunate that they did so well in what most people consider the worse show
I've always thought people are generally too hard on GT, and too soft on Super, so Toei doing a better job in GT, and people hating on it anyway while praising Super is not news to me. :roll:

I mean, here's the thing; no one knows what to do with Boo after the Boo arc, it seems. So while GT solved that problem by doing cool stuff with him and Oob, Super's just kind of having him around, and not using him for anything of any note.
The point of Dragon Ball is to enjoy it. Never lose sight of that.