Dragon Ball Online on the way

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Rocketman
Namekian Warrior

Post by Rocketman » Mon Nov 05, 2007 2:58 pm

Ex-Dubbie369 wrote:I highly doubt that the game is going to fit into the canon story. If you look at Star Wars Galaxies, which takes place after Episode 4, players can become Jedi, even though Jedi are supposed to be (almost) extinct.
Jedi aren't a species.

Hero 004
Beyond Newbie

Post by Hero 004 » Mon Nov 05, 2007 4:49 pm

I've never played or been intrested in any type of online role playing game. The main reason being that I guess I feel video games should be the equivalent of books and movies: having a beginning and end.

I am, however, very intrested in Dragon Ball Online and I will end up playing it. It being a continuation by Toriyama himself is too good to pass up. I really hope that Saiyan, Namek, and Human characters will all be in there. I'm definatly going to have to set a limit for myself, though, as I hate the idea of never stopping with a game. I'm intrested to see how this developes, news on it has been non-existant for a while.
"Sometimes life is too uncertain to have regrets"- Goku

Kaboom

Post by Kaboom » Mon Nov 05, 2007 6:57 pm

caejones wrote:It'd be nice though if they don't have a lot of Goku and Vegeta clones running around going SSJ all over the place.
Case in point...

Yet, I'm STILL going to play this game. I'm liking the idea of being a Namekian warrior...
deviantART
FanFic: DragonBall GT Revised
[thread]
Powar Levuls: Main Series | Movies and Specials | GT
Nintendo/PSN/Steam: KaboomKrusader
ACNH Dream Address: DA-1637-4046-7415 ("SlamZone")
(Not) lost (enough) DB Super plots!
A handy video guide to Kanzenshuu-level grammar quality!

SSJmole
Advanced Regular

Post by SSJmole » Mon Nov 05, 2007 7:23 pm

Well they could find a way around it e.g the brolly movie yes not cannon but it lets us know others may of survived .

With how many planets there are it's reasonable to think about 100 would of survived. Why not run with that and the Brolly movie idea and have a New Vegeta where they all moved too. Over the years they all had children ect.... and are now going to earth and other planets to explore and look for challenges.

With out them in it we are not very important are we? COH you are important as you stop villains , Galaxies works as you get involved with the war ect.. DBZ online unless we can actually be as powerful as Goku and the others (Which a human and Namekian are not) then who ever we face villain wise the "Saving the world" element will be lost.

Because we know so what if we die? The Z warriors can beat this guy anyway. That takes a huge chunk of it away for me. In all MMO you need to a)feel important b)true to the feel of the show/film/comics ect... as possible.

While it may change something a bit story wise to have 1000 saiyans its more important to keep the feel of DBZ as well as appeal to all fans. Also 100000+ saiyans is no more silly than 10000+ Namekians who are meant to be a strong if not stronger than piccolo or 10000+ humans Who are better than Kuririn and good at fighting , Humans Do not have the potential to be great fighters except a few.

Xyex
I Live Here

Post by Xyex » Mon Nov 05, 2007 8:15 pm

Considering we've got a "Time patrol Trunks" and all kinds of world splitting craziness and random aliens on Earth going on in the game I say it's not too out there for some Saiya-jins to be around too. But really, I'd rather no Saiya-jins in something like this or we'll have five million blondes running around to ever Namek, and a hundred Nameks to every Human, and probably not much else.
With out them in it we are not very important are we? COH you are important as you stop villains , Galaxies works as you get involved with the war ect.. DBZ online unless we can actually be as powerful as Goku and the others (Which a human and Namekian are not) then who ever we face villain wise the "Saving the world" element will be lost.
Uh, what? Last I checked Goku saved the word from Pilaf, the RRA, and King Piccolo before he was even revealed as a Saiya-jin. And Krillin, Tien, and Yamcha all got strong enough to deal with the likes of Raditz, Nappa, Vegeta, and even the Ginyu Force. Being as strong as the likes of Freeza saga or later Goku and Vegeta would do only thing, allow you to one shot every character in the game, at the same time, with a single punch.

You save the world in nearly every Final Fantasy game and in thousands of other games out there and none of those characters could even come close to matching 22nd Budokai Goku in strength. There wont be anything lost by keeping the powers resonable and keeping people from being absurdly over powered in a matter of moments except for the ludicrous absurdity of a million people running around with powers over a million.
While it may change something a bit story wise to have 1000 saiyans its more important to keep the feel of DBZ as well as appeal to all fans. Also 100000+ saiyans is no more silly than 10000+ Namekians who are meant to be a strong if not stronger than piccolo or 10000+ humans Who are better than Kuririn and good at fighting , Humans Do not have the potential to be great fighters except a few.
First of all, who says anyone will ever be as powerful as Freeza Saga era Piccolo? Namek or otherwise? Secondly, not having Saiya-jins doesn't eliminate the 'feel of DBZ'. You're still flying, still smashing stuff, still kicking butt hand-to-hand, and still firing energy blasts. DB and DBZ had the same feel, minus comedy changes, and there were no Saiya-jin in DB as far as anyone knew.

Next, every human has the potential to be as powerful as Yamcha or Krillin or Tien if they're taught Ki control and train as those three did. Yamcha was just an average human himself, with the difference being he could use his Ki. As the story is set 500 years AFTER the events in DBZ I see it as highly probable that such people could exist in droves. I mean, think about it, what if Krillin or Videl or someone opend a Dojo after Z where Ki control was taught? Aplifiy that by a few hundred years and you've got a couple thousand humans with powers in the 10 to 100 range running around plus stronger. Which is exactly what the game will use.
Avys ~ DA account ~ Fanfiction ~ Chat Quotes
<Kaboom> I'm just glad that he now sounds more like Invader Zim than Rita Repulsa
<Xyex> Original Freeza never sounded like a chick to me.
<Kaboom> Neither does Rita
<Xyex> Good point.

backthen
Beyond Newbie

Post by backthen » Tue Nov 06, 2007 8:23 pm

^^

good ideas above, but lets face it, whatever the developers do, you all will probably play it anyways

Kaboom

Post by Kaboom » Tue Nov 06, 2007 8:57 pm

backthen wrote:^^

good ideas above, but lets face it, whatever the developers do, you all will probably play it anyways
This poster speaks the truth.
deviantART
[thread]

Eclipse
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Eclipse » Mon Nov 12, 2007 10:30 am

Just curious, but has there been any news since those few articles and images this summer?

backthen
Beyond Newbie

Post by backthen » Mon Nov 19, 2007 4:45 pm

SSJmole wrote:Well they could find a way around it e.g the brolly movie yes not cannon but it lets us know others may of survived .

With how many planets there are it's reasonable to think about 100 would of survived. Why not run with that and the Brolly movie idea and have a New Vegeta where they all moved too. Over the years they all had children ect.... and are now going to earth and other planets to explore and look for challenges.

Because we know so what if we die? The Z warriors can beat this guy anyway. That takes a huge chunk of it away for me. In all MMO you need to a)feel important b)true to the feel of the show/film/comics ect... as possible.

Yeah, not everything in the game has to be canon, there could have been a squadron of Sayians millions of miles away from planet Vegeta when all this happened, and for all we know, they have been reproducing like mad, trying to recreate the Saiyan race, to stop .... say Freeza, but they get to earth, and find out Freeza was killed, by someone who lived on earth, so they decide to make earth their new home, but peacefully.

Rocketman
Namekian Warrior

Post by Rocketman » Mon Nov 19, 2007 7:18 pm

backthen wrote:Yeah, not everything in the game has to be canon, there could have been a squadron of Sayians millions of miles away from planet Vegeta when all this happened, and for all we know, they have been reproducing like mad, trying to recreate the Saiyan race, to stop .... say Freeza, but they get to earth, and find out Freeza was killed, by someone who lived on earth, so they decide to make earth their new home, but peacefully.
Saiyans. Peacefully.

:lol:

backthen
Beyond Newbie

Post by backthen » Mon Nov 19, 2007 10:54 pm

Rocketman wrote:
backthen wrote:Yeah, not everything in the game has to be canon, there could have been a squadron of Sayians millions of miles away from planet Vegeta when all this happened, and for all we know, they have been reproducing like mad, trying to recreate the Saiyan race, to stop .... say Freeza, but they get to earth, and find out Freeza was killed, by someone who lived on earth, so they decide to make earth their new home, but peacefully.
Saiyans. Peacefully.

ok ok, your right, when they land, they crash land, and all simultaneously hit their heads.

happy?

NeptuneKai
I Live Here

Post by NeptuneKai » Mon Nov 19, 2007 11:03 pm

backthen wrote:
Rocketman wrote:
Saiyans. Peacefully.

ok ok, your right, when they land, they crash land, and all simultaneously hit their heads.

happy?

:lol: this would be absolutely hilarious to watch in a cutscene.
"Duuuh where are we?" "Duuh who are you?" "Duuuh what's my name?"
*Massive group DUUUUH*
Aro started to laugh. “Ha, ha, ha,” he chuckled.- Actual quote from Twilight

backthen
Beyond Newbie

Post by backthen » Tue Nov 20, 2007 11:33 am

NeptuneKai wrote:
backthen wrote:
Rocketman wrote: Saiyans. Peacefully.

happy?

:lol: this would be absolutely hilarious to watch in a cutscene.
*Massive group DUUUUH*
it would add comic relief, that would be the cutscene someone watches if they pick Saiyan before they start the game.

Rocketman
Namekian Warrior

Post by Rocketman » Tue Nov 20, 2007 11:38 am

NeptuneKai wrote: :lol: this would be absolutely hilarious to watch in a cutscene.
*Massive group DUUUUH*
*Saiyans stagger around, bumping into each other, trees, farmers, etc.*

Gaiash
Beyond Newbie

Post by Gaiash » Tue Nov 20, 2007 12:06 pm

Rocketman wrote:
NeptuneKai wrote: :lol: this would be absolutely hilarious to watch in a cutscene.
*Massive group DUUUUH*
Famers with shotguns that is.
Proud Advanceshipper (Ash+May)

Kaboom

Post by Kaboom » Tue Nov 20, 2007 2:57 pm

Gaiash wrote:
Rocketman wrote:
*Massive group DUUUUH*
...Aaaaaand, so much for preserving the Saiyan race.
deviantART
[thread]

gohanku
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by gohanku » Wed Nov 21, 2007 1:16 pm

Gaiash wrote:
Rocketman wrote:
*Massive group DUUUUH*
If Dragon Ball Online gets released out of Japan, I must make a human with the name Farmer+ShotGun.
[quote="SSj Kaboom talking about Future Gohan in BT3"]I feel sorry for Future Gohan.

Everyone's like, "What?! What are you doing with [b][i]two[/i][/b] arms?! You tear that off right now, mister!"

Poor guy.[/quote]
Lol'ed.

Big Momma
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Big Momma » Thu Nov 22, 2007 6:42 am

gohanku wrote:
Gaiash wrote:
Rocketman wrote: *Saiyans stagger around, bumping into each other, trees, farmers, etc.*
If Dragon Ball Online gets released out of Japan, I must make a human with the name Farmer+ShotGun.
If the game IS released in America...I wonder how many "Over9000/Immacharginmehlaser" jokes will be said daily... :roll:
Rocketman(In response to a post about Pandora's Box) wrote: I sat here for ten damn minutes wondering what the hell God of War had to do with any of this.
Insertclevername wrote:I plan to lose my virginity to Dragon Box 2.
Youtube | Art/Animation Blog

backthen
Beyond Newbie

Post by backthen » Thu Nov 22, 2007 9:49 am

Big Momma wrote:
gohanku wrote:
Gaiash wrote: Famers with shotguns that is.
If the game IS released in America...I wonder how many "Over9000/Immacharginmehlaser" jokes will be said daily... :roll:
considering it is p2p, and a lot of the people that make those jokes, aren't actual fans, i doubt it will be as big as a problem

backthen
Beyond Newbie

Post by backthen » Sat Dec 15, 2007 2:40 pm

If anyone is interested, here is some new info.

http://news.mmosite.com/content/2007-11 ... 16,1.shtml