What topics and plot points has Super introduced that have not been concluded and...

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

AnimeNation101
I Live Here

What topics and plot points has Super introduced that have not been concluded and...

Post by AnimeNation101 » Sun Feb 11, 2018 4:23 pm

...can potentially be used for a future series?

All i can think of is:

-Zalama the Dragon God: Only got a name drop but is basically in directly one of the most important characters in all Dragon Ball history for the creation of the Super Dragon Balls and by extension the Dragon Balls on earth and Namek

-Top 5 strongest in the multiverse: Whis said the the Grand Priest was one of the top 5 strongest in the universe. In the manga, Whis said he was the strongest fighter. SO The top 5 not only includes fighters like the Grand Priest, but also people with just strength like Zeno.

-Universes 13 to 18: Who were the Gods? Why were the universes REALLY erased? Where are the angels from those universes? Are the elsewhere or did they get caught in the erasure?

-The first time travelling mortal from universe 12: In the manga, Gowasu mentioned that the first time ring was created by the first time travelling mortal from Universe 12. That is very unless info unless it was to set up something else

-King Sadala: Who is the king? Will he be an homage to a saiyan we’ve seen before? He can’t be Bardock like many theorize because then Cabba would have said something about that to Goku as they do look the same. Maybe a direct descendant of Yamoshi?

-Jiren’s Arch Nemesis: Who is this evil-doer from Jiren’s backstory? It could be Belmod (but I highly doubt it). It could be Black (but it’s actually impossible if you remember how time travel was explained in the Black arc). Is this person still stronger than Jiren? In the story, it was never stated that Jiren killed the person or what Jiren’s wish would be. This is just an out-of-the-blue theory but MAYBE it’s a God of Destruction who escaped the erasure of their universe.

Its a shame that DBS is ending with all this potential but i do hope that these plot points are discussed and covered in either some movies, TV specials, or arcs in a future Dragon Ball weekly series, or even in manga only spin-offs.
I called it that Gogeta, Bardock, and something Broly related would be in the movie before it was even announced that it was a Broly movie. 8)

"I don't think I'm a hero of justice or anythin'. But those who'd hurt my friends... I won't forgive!"

TheDipDap1234
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Re: What topics and plot points has Super introduced that have not been concluded and...

Post by TheDipDap1234 » Sun Feb 11, 2018 6:17 pm

You forgot Dr. Rota's special ability
Gowasu's number 1 fan.

AnimeNation101
I Live Here

Re: What topics and plot points has Super introduced that have not been concluded and...

Post by AnimeNation101 » Sun Feb 11, 2018 6:33 pm

TheDipDap1234 wrote:You forgot Dr. Rota's special ability
True
I called it that Gogeta, Bardock, and something Broly related would be in the movie before it was even announced that it was a Broly movie. 8)

"I don't think I'm a hero of justice or anythin'. But those who'd hurt my friends... I won't forgive!"

MKCSTEALTH
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by MKCSTEALTH » Sun Feb 11, 2018 7:43 pm

To me, the Trunks arc ending felt very open and didn't feel satisfactory. I could see revisting to give them closure of some kind and explain things

Dragon Ball Gus
Advanced Regular

Post by Dragon Ball Gus » Sun Feb 11, 2018 7:48 pm

The Namekian Book of Legends
Caulifla best girl! :)

Kataphrut
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Kataphrut » Sun Feb 11, 2018 8:04 pm

The big ones for me are a Planet Sadala visit and a rematch with Beerus. Those have been some pretty long-standing arcs that never got explored and I would have loved to see.

fadeddreams5
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by fadeddreams5 » Sun Feb 11, 2018 8:27 pm

I wouldn't mind a few side episodes detailing Hit's first mission as an assassin and/or the source of his powers.
"Dragon Ball once became a thing of the past to me, but after that, I got angry about the live action movie, re-wrote an entire movie script, and now I'm complaining about the quality of the new TV anime. It seems Dragon Ball has grown on me so much that I can't leave it alone." - Akira Toriyama on Dragon Ball Super

AnimeNation101
I Live Here

Post by AnimeNation101 » Sun Feb 11, 2018 9:06 pm

Dragon Ball Gus wrote:The Namekian Book of Legends
Correct me if I'm wrong but didn’t Toriyama mention that in his interview where he named dropped Yamoshi? That means that he hasn’t forgotten about it and since he is the writer of the new movie, the book could somehow be shown along with the Namekian writing the story of Yamoshi since its highly likely that that’s what the movie is mainly about.

Arugela
Beyond Newbie

Post by Arugela » Sun Feb 11, 2018 9:17 pm

If frieza is connected to beerus and takes his orders. I wonder if it's possible frieza is the guy who killed jirens boss. Technically he doesn't look like he used to. and jirens memory might be foggy. Maybe he got sent to another universe to deal with something by beerus and did his normal frieza thing. That could explain why he didn't want jiren to see him the whole time. Just in case he figured it out. Up until this point he may have thought frost and frieza are just that species of alien. Or a different species altogether.

Did Jiren ever have any of his tell tale reactions towards frieza or frost?! I believe he had a few I couldn't fully ascertain the reason for.
My fan art:
Brolly Gohan Fusion!: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=38826
Uubeerus fusion: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=39923
Dende theme: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=39750

Zenoh might be waygu/kobe Beef!?: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=40055
GT theory: viewtopic.php?f=7&t=40001

AnimeNation101
I Live Here

Post by AnimeNation101 » Sun Feb 11, 2018 9:23 pm

Arugela wrote:If frieza is connected to beerus and takes his orders. I wonder if it's possible frieza is the guy who killed jirens boss. Technically he doesn't look like he used to. and jirens memory might be foggy. Maybe he got sent to another universe to deal with something by beerus and did his normal frieza thing. That could explain why he didn't want jiren to see him the whole time. Just in case he figured it out. Up until this point he may have thought frost and frieza are just that species of alien.

Did Jiren ever have any of his tell tale reactions towards frieza or frost?! I believe he had a few I couldn't fully ascertain the reason for.
Freeza isn’t really a direct worker for Beerus. He’s on the same position as King Vegeta. They just do what Beerus wants them to do because they fear him. They dont work under him as if it was their job. Beerus didn’t know who Jiren even was, let alone his master. And Freeza has no way of travelling across Universes

Arugela
Beyond Newbie

Post by Arugela » Sun Feb 11, 2018 9:25 pm

AnimeNation101 wrote:
Arugela wrote:If frieza is connected to beerus and takes his orders. I wonder if it's possible frieza is the guy who killed jirens boss. Technically he doesn't look like he used to. and jirens memory might be foggy. Maybe he got sent to another universe to deal with something by beerus and did his normal frieza thing. That could explain why he didn't want jiren to see him the whole time. Just in case he figured it out. Up until this point he may have thought frost and frieza are just that species of alien.

Freeza isn’t really a direct worker for Beerus. He’s on the same position as King Vegeta. They just do what Beerus wants them to do because they fear him. They dont work under him as if it was their job. Beerus didn’t know who Jiren even was, let alone his master. And Freeza has no way of travelling across Universes
But beerus does. And he could have gotten bored and been told to do something by whis and forced Freeza to do it for him while he took a nap or ate something. It's conceivable.
My fan art:
Brolly Gohan Fusion!: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=38826
Uubeerus fusion: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=39923
Dende theme: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=39750

Zenoh might be waygu/kobe Beef!?: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=40055
GT theory: viewtopic.php?f=7&t=40001

Asura

Post by Asura » Sun Feb 11, 2018 10:49 pm

Super Saiyan 3 Caulifla.

Where she at son?

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Sun Feb 11, 2018 11:29 pm

I don't think any of these would've been brought up if they didn't have plans to do something with them so we'll eventually see them taken care of in Super when it returns or a new show following EOZ.
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

precita
Banned

Post by precita » Mon Feb 12, 2018 3:32 am

The only thing they purposely brought up again is visiting Planet Salda, which will likely happen eventually. Nothing else needs to.

Saturnine

Post by Saturnine » Mon Feb 12, 2018 4:57 am

Apart from what was said by the OP, we could totally use an angel villain and an arc where Goku and Vegeta compete with each other by trying to defeat each and every God of Destruction.

JazzMazz
I Live Here
Location: Mordor, the Borg cube and Voldemort's lair all at the same time in the year 199X

Post by JazzMazz » Mon Feb 12, 2018 5:12 am

Well, you could also add Hit and Goku concluding their business with one another as a potential on-going thread, especially for the manga, where they say they're going to have another fight and never do.

Bullza
Banned

Post by Bullza » Mon Feb 12, 2018 5:26 am

I'm hoping the Planet Sadala stuff will be part of that new movie.

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Mon Feb 12, 2018 8:32 am

The universes that were exempt from having to take part in the Tournament Of Power.

AnimeNation101
I Live Here

Post by AnimeNation101 » Mon Feb 12, 2018 1:13 pm

Arugela wrote:
AnimeNation101 wrote:

But beerus does. And he could have gotten bored and been told to do something by whis and forced Freeza to do it for him while he took a nap or ate something. It's conceivable.
No. Beerus never knew of Jiren until the Tournament. Also, Whis isn’t allowed to tell Beerus what to do. Its just his job to watch over him. And as i said before, Freeza has no way of travelling from U7 to U11.