"Dragon Ball Super" Series Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Wed Feb 14, 2018 7:09 am

Okay final bit of compiled evidence re: Ultra Instinct:

All current shown UI Goku merch has the labelling of 身勝手の極意”兆” Ultra Instinct "Omen":
[spoiler]Image
Image[/spoiler]

All these UI Goku have been blanked out:
[spoiler]Image
Coloured no UI Goku:
Goes on sale March 10th and was not part of the final version reveals
May IBK:
Image[/spoiler]

End of #116 Narrator said will Goku attain Ultra Instinct. No "again" implying what we saw was not UI afterall.

XV2 DLC has UI Goku but no sort of image or reveal for it and Dokkan battle "Omen" Goku is waiting to be awakened. At this point evidence is pretty overwhelming.

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Wed Feb 14, 2018 7:56 am

shadowmaria wrote:we already know from JUMP FESTA that the 2018 is going to be a story telling about Yamoshi. This is well documented as the only information we currently have about the movie's story.
No, this is you making up stuff too and again. The word "Yamoshi" was never mentioned anywhere when the movie was announced, everything that was officially said I posted in my thread, and as you can see, there is nothing saying it's going to be a "Yamoshi movie".
We help! ... Hmm. Always get Autobots out of messes they get into.

~ Day of the Machines ~

emperior
I Live Here

Post by emperior » Wed Feb 14, 2018 9:07 am

Baggie_Saiyan wrote:Okay final bit of compiled evidence re: Ultra Instinct:

All current shown UI Goku merch has the labelling of 身勝手の極意”兆” Ultra Instinct "Omen":
[spoiler]Image
Image[/spoiler]

[spoiler]Image
Coloured no UI Goku:
May IBK:
Image[/spoiler]

End of #116 Narrator said will Goku attain Ultra Instinct. No "again" implying what we saw was not UI afterall.

XV2 DLC has UI Goku but no sort of image or reveal for it and Dokkan battle "Omen" Goku is waiting to be awakened. At this point evidence is pretty overwhelming.
It can't be just a red aura on top of the blue one, or else it wouldn't make sense for them to obscure those upcoming figures which have no aura. The hairstyle looks identical, though. I think the mastered form will end up having differently colored hair and considering the eyes of the unmastered version are silver, it's not hard to guess that if MUI has a different color for the hair, it will be silver.
悟 “Vincit qui se vincit”

What I consider canonical

VejituhTheWarriorGuy
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by VejituhTheWarriorGuy » Wed Feb 14, 2018 9:22 am

A new ad with Bulma talking: https://twitter.com/AmazonJP/status/963 ... twterm%5E0 I haven't listened to it myself, was only able to see the visuals for now, but it may be Bulma's replacement VA if she does indeed talk in it. Can anyone confirm?
"You think you can defeat me? Using the power of those MOSQUITOS?! I am the legendary WARRIOR!" - Broly (Big Green Dub)

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Wed Feb 14, 2018 9:31 am

Wow! Whoever it is she sounds a lot like Hiromi Tsuru! :o

Hopefully she gets to be the new voice for Bulma.
We help! ... Hmm. Always get Autobots out of messes they get into.

~ Day of the Machines ~

Xeogran
I Live Here

Post by Xeogran » Wed Feb 14, 2018 9:36 am

Whoever she is, it must be said that she's doing an excellent job. If I hadn't heard about the news I wouldn't even know that's another VA :shock:

Professor Freeza
Temporarily Banned

Post by Professor Freeza » Wed Feb 14, 2018 10:24 am

VejituhTheWarriorGuy wrote:A new ad with Bulma talking: https://twitter.com/AmazonJP/status/963 ... twterm%5E0 I haven't listened to it myself, was only able to see the visuals for now, but it may be Bulma's replacement VA if she does indeed talk in it. Can anyone confirm?
thats the new Bulma?

I cant even tell the difference

ernesth100
Not-So-Newbie

Post by ernesth100 » Wed Feb 14, 2018 11:00 am

Kanassa wrote:
ernesth100 wrote:Anyone else feel extremely dissatisfied that the series is over and we have no idea on a backstory for characters like Hit, any God of Destruction(at least one guys come on, one isn't hard, doesn't even have to be Beerus first), or the Angels?
Not really, these aren't characters or a story that really has much use for background information like that. Like, it would be nice supplementary information, but it isn't necessary.
Eh, I guess. It could add a lot of possible lore and depth to the series and possibly even raise more ideas for future episodes. Though I suppose the last thing they need is more questions to answer when the series is ending.

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Wed Feb 14, 2018 11:12 am

Professor Freeza wrote:
VejituhTheWarriorGuy wrote:A new ad with Bulma talking: https://twitter.com/AmazonJP/status/963 ... twterm%5E0 I haven't listened to it myself, was only able to see the visuals for now, but it may be Bulma's replacement VA if she does indeed talk in it. Can anyone confirm?
thats the new Bulma?

In FighterZ Freeza's new English voice sounds so much like Chris Ayres that I thought he recorded the lines before getting sick so if a company looks hard enough they can find an exact copy of the previous voice.
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

Professor Freeza
Temporarily Banned

Post by Professor Freeza » Wed Feb 14, 2018 11:16 am

sintzu wrote:
Professor Freeza wrote:
thats the new Bulma?

In FighterZ Freeza's new English voice sounds so much like Chris Ayres that I thought he recorded the lines before getting sick so if a company looks hard enough they can find an exact copy of the previous voice.
Well Freeza's voice has changed twice already, so it doesnt matter now. But Bulma better be replaced perfectly.

Alruneia
I Live Here

Post by Alruneia » Wed Feb 14, 2018 12:42 pm

I was actually not sure if that wasn't Hiromi Tsuru's voice, recorded before she died. They've found a good replacement. It makes me hopeful that in the event of Nozawa... becoming unable to continue her voice work as Goku and others, they'll be able to find someone who can emulate her as well as this.
Probably Kanzenshuu's biggest Bulla fangirl. Current avatar: DBU Bulla as Sailor Princess Sadala, based on Sailor Moon: Cosmic Dance

Dragon Ball Ultimate - 74 out of 150 chapters complete
JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Action Blue - link
Sailor Moon: Mindful of Love - link | Sailor Moon: Cosmic Dance - link

TheDipDap1234
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by TheDipDap1234 » Wed Feb 14, 2018 1:34 pm

People on twitter are saying she's Aya Hisakawa. She was the one who voiced Retsu Unohana in Bleach and she also voiced other anime characters.
Gowasu's number 1 fan.

emperior
I Live Here

Post by emperior » Wed Feb 14, 2018 1:57 pm

The new VA sounds awesome, very similar to Hiromi Tsuru so I'm happy with this choice. Sounds a little more "mature" which could be a good thing if DB goes after EoZ, where Bulma is supposed to be old.
As for the commercial, that's a very funny way to promote the product.
悟 “Vincit qui se vincit”

What I consider canonical

jeffbr92
Advanced Regular

Post by jeffbr92 » Wed Feb 14, 2018 1:59 pm

darzap wrote:
jeffbr92 wrote:I still don't get it... Is Jiren wish to erase his past or something like that?
He wouldn't need the Dragon Balls for that, ask Goku, it's sufficient so get a really hard blow to the head.
So what's his wish then?
Professor Freeza wrote:
thats the new Bulma?

I gotta admit it that japanese voice acting industry are really good at replacing VA's
Power levels are not just big numbers:

by Doctor.

BlueBasilisk
I Live Here

Post by BlueBasilisk » Wed Feb 14, 2018 3:01 pm

The new voice sounds really good, and it's a funny commercial to boot! :lol:

precita
Banned

Post by precita » Wed Feb 14, 2018 3:02 pm

I'd be surprised if they got a new Bulma voice for an amazon bath spray commercial of all things

Scsigs
I Live Here

Post by Scsigs » Wed Feb 14, 2018 3:09 pm

shadowmaria wrote:Geekdom just posts theories and clickbait, and passes them off as official confirming (being what clickbait is). He has no inside sources for DB/Z/S/GT.

Even him claiming to reveal a ton of information about GT was all just stuff from the 2005 interview with the producer.

DBS connecting to EoZ was confirmed by Toyotaro last year (before Geekdom "broke" the news), and we already know from JUMP FESTA that the 2018 is going to be a story telling about Yamoshi and the origins of the Saiyan's power. This is well documented as the only information we currently have about the movie's story.

This is the last I'll say on the matter
He seems like a good guy, generally. I also don't believe he clickbaits. His videos seem pretty straight forward with the video titles & thumbnails with what he says in the videos. I don't watch all of his videos, but I really haven't seen any of them that would be clickbait. No, if you want clickbait, go to ForneverWorld. THAT guy clickbaits like no one else.

Now, in terms of his news breaking, he does have friends at FUNimation & the voice acting community at large that he sometimes discusses things with, or friends elsewhere that he gets some information from. Granted, we don't know what or how much a lot of the time, but why would he bullshit his audience? I agree that he probably shouldn't have some of the information he claims to have if he's not involved with the productions of the shows, but if he's just repackaging or pointing out news from other sources & the majority of his audience aren't the types to actively seek out the articles or whatever, then pointing it out in a video, that's something that a lot of people do, particularly channels that talk about media or news. If he IS saying that that information was little-known or something, then it might be if not every fan's seeing or discussing an interview in Japanese. I mean, any savvy fan that either subscribes to the forums or some of the better fan pages on social media or YouTube will know things, but an average fan probably wouldn't. I mean, people don't just subscribe to Philip DeFranco for the biting commentary, they subscribe to him to get a collection of news stories first, then hear his thoughts, mostly because a lot of news outlets are too caught up in their own BS to focus on good journalism. Now, Geekdom's no Philip DeFranco, but it's understandable he does what he does. I understand your point of view on this if you're mad that he claims to just now be the first person to break the news, but he kinda is one of the first few people. Again, he relates news that not a lot of people know.

And on the GT video, he said HIMSELF that he found ALL of his information from it in that interview at the end. If you're gonna insinuate he doesn't cite his sources all the time, do it for something that makes sense to say that about, will ya? Tons of people do the same shit. And his theory videos? Really? You're gonna complain about that? MasakoX does the same shit with his discussion videos, mostly the what-ifs. Again, TONS of people speculate on things they're intrigued by, so that makes no sense to complain about.
Only dubs that matter are DB, Kai, & Super. Nothing else.
Vic Mignogna: Good actor & singer, but a MAJOR douchebag & idiot.
https://www.youtube.com/user/Scsigs
https://twitter.com/Scsigs

TheSaiyanGod
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by TheSaiyanGod » Wed Feb 14, 2018 3:12 pm

Baggie_Saiyan wrote:Okay final bit of compiled evidence re: Ultra Instinct:

[spoiler]Image
Image[/spoiler]

[spoiler]Image
Coloured no UI Goku:
May IBK:
Image[/spoiler]

I think Herms already explained that, but what exactly does "Omen" mean?

Cetra
I Live Here

Post by Cetra » Wed Feb 14, 2018 3:15 pm

TheSaiyanGod wrote: I think Herms already explained that, but what exactly does "Omen" mean?
If you mean the word itself, it is a sign of a future event. Normally with a negative connotation, thus very often a certain sign is called a "bad omen" if it is a messenger of something bad that is about to happen in the future.
"Citation needed."
"too lazy

feel free to take it with grain of salt or discredit me altogether, I'm not losing any sleep"

Kenneth La Torre
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Kenneth La Torre » Wed Feb 14, 2018 3:17 pm

Scsigs wrote:
shadowmaria wrote:Geekdom just posts theories and clickbait, and passes them off as official confirming (being what clickbait is). He has no inside sources for DB/Z/S/GT.

Even him claiming to reveal a ton of information about GT was all just stuff from the 2005 interview with the producer.

DBS connecting to EoZ was confirmed by Toyotaro last year (before Geekdom "broke" the news), and we already know from JUMP FESTA that the 2018 is going to be a story telling about Yamoshi and the origins of the Saiyan's power. This is well documented as the only information we currently have about the movie's story.

This is the last I'll say on the matter
He seems like a good guy, generally. I also don't believe he clickbaits. His videos seem pretty straight forward with the video titles & thumbnails with what he says in the videos. I don't watch all of his videos, but I really haven't seen any of them that would be clickbait. No, if you want clickbait, go to ForneverWorld. THAT guy clickbaits like no one else.

Now, in terms of his news breaking, he does have friends at FUNimation & the voice acting community at large that he sometimes discusses things with, or friends elsewhere that he gets some information from. Granted, we don't know what or how much a lot of the time, but why would he bullshit his audience? I agree that he probably shouldn't have some of the information he claims to have if he's not involved with the productions of the shows, but if he's just repackaging or pointing out news from other sources & the majority of his audience aren't the types to actively seek out the articles or whatever, then pointing it out in a video, that's something that a lot of people do, particularly channels that talk about media or news. If he IS saying that that information was little-known or something, then it might be if not every fan's seeing or discussing an interview in Japanese. I mean, any savvy fan that either subscribes to the forums or some of the better fan pages on social media or YouTube will know things, but an average fan probably wouldn't. I mean, people don't just subscribe to Philip DeFranco for the biting commentary, they subscribe to him to get a collection of news stories first, then hear his thoughts, mostly because a lot of news outlets are too caught up in their own BS to focus on good journalism. Now, Geekdom's no Philip DeFranco, but it's understandable he does what he does. I understand your point of view on this if you're mad that he claims to just now be the first person to break the news, but he kinda is one of the first few people. Again, he relates news that not a lot of people know.

And on the GT video, he said HIMSELF that he found ALL of his information from it in that interview at the end. If you're gonna insinuate he doesn't cite his sources all the time, do it for something that makes sense to say that about, will ya? Tons of people do the same shit. And his theory videos? Really? You're gonna complain about that? MasakoX does the same shit with his discussion videos, mostly the what-ifs. Again, TONS of people speculate on things they're intrigued by, so that makes no sense to complain about.
^
This right here.

Geekdom is one of the few reliable people on YouTube that cover DB. People just seem to hate the guy, and I get why, the dude is an egotistical asshole. But other than that, he does inform people of facts and misinformation. Not enough for me to to be on his back tho.