Complete BT3 Info and Discussion Thread [UPDATED 10/02/07]

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

the original ero-sennin
Beyond Newbie

Post by the original ero-sennin » Sun Nov 18, 2007 10:04 pm

Awesome! I cannot believe Arale is in the game! Can anyone tell me if she is any good or at least any fun to play with? Oh! And what are here special moves?

Casual Matt
Advanced Regular

Post by Casual Matt » Mon Nov 19, 2007 9:08 am

the original ero-sennin wrote:Awesome! I cannot believe Arale is in the game! Can anyone tell me if she is any good or at least any fun to play with? Oh! And what are here special moves?
Type "arale moveset" into the YouTube search and look for a video by omega-something or other. He has videos of all the characters special moves up.

Thanos6
Advanced Regular

Post by Thanos6 » Mon Nov 19, 2007 12:18 pm

Trunks & Goten forever

Gaiash
Beyond Newbie

Post by Gaiash » Wed Nov 21, 2007 9:30 pm

the original ero-sennin wrote:Awesome! I cannot believe Arale is in the game! Can anyone tell me if she is any good or at least any fun to play with? Oh! And what are here special moves?
Shes crazy fun to play as. Heck just making her run in circles is fun.
Proud Advanceshipper (Ash+May)

NeptuneKai
I Live Here

Post by NeptuneKai » Wed Nov 21, 2007 9:32 pm

Gaiash wrote:
I do that more then I care to admit.
Aro started to laugh. “Ha, ha, ha,” he chuckled.- Actual quote from Twilight

Gaiash
Beyond Newbie

Post by Gaiash » Wed Nov 21, 2007 9:39 pm

NeptuneKai wrote:
Gaiash wrote:
I do that more then I care to admit.
I just loved playing as her on the outer space stage and make her run around Freeza's spaceship.
Proud Advanceshipper (Ash+May)

gohanku
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by gohanku » Wed Nov 21, 2007 10:17 pm

Did anyone here with BT3, tried to unlock the two modes? How does it work? You pop a BT2 disc in and unlock the mode, or you must alway place the disc in to play the mode?
[quote="SSj Kaboom talking about Future Gohan in BT3"]I feel sorry for Future Gohan.

Everyone's like, "What?! What are you doing with [b][i]two[/i][/b] arms?! You tear that off right now, mister!"

Poor guy.[/quote]
Lol'ed.

SuperSaiyan3Goku
Advanced Regular
Location: In the middle of nowhere, across from Planet Vegeta

Post by SuperSaiyan3Goku » Thu Nov 22, 2007 3:33 am

gohanku wrote:Did anyone here with BT3, tried to unlock the two modes? How does it work? You pop a BT2 disc in and unlock the mode, or you must alway place the disc in to play the mode?
Here's how I did it, and how everyone should do it:

When you go to the "Ultimate Battle" mode, you select "Disc Fusion". You then see Budokai Tenkaichi and Tenkaichi 2 listed on the screen. Select the BT one, and it says you have to remove the BT3 disc, and put in your BT disc. (It's a little weird, I dunno why it doesn't just read the data from the Memory Card like any other DBZ game) It reads the data, and you get the new mode from BT in your BT3. Take out the disc, and put BT3 back in. For BT2, you do the same thing, select BT2 on the screen, take out BT3, put in BT2, it reads the data, take out BT2, and bingo, you have the new modes for BT3. Hope that helped. Here's a video of somebody doing it on their PS3 for people who like to see it done. :)

http://youtube.com/watch?v=PN7WzLdakrk
Last edited by SuperSaiyan3Goku on Thu Nov 22, 2007 3:02 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Next quest: Start collecting Dragon Ball Super Blu-Rays whenever season sets get released. Also the Super Manga!

Fan of Dragon Ball Z and various other Anime since '98! ^^

List of Anime I own or have watched - http://myanimelist.net/animelist/SSJ3Goku

Big Momma
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Big Momma » Thu Nov 22, 2007 6:34 am

Gaiash wrote:
:lol: I did that one time when I picked her. I was Arale, and my brother was Hildegarn, we were fighting in hell, and all I basically did was run in circles and dodge his attacks. He started getting mad after awhile.(I won, by the way. :wink: )
Rocketman(In response to a post about Pandora's Box) wrote: I sat here for ten damn minutes wondering what the hell God of War had to do with any of this.
Insertclevername wrote:I plan to lose my virginity to Dragon Box 2.
Youtube | Art/Animation Blog

gohanku
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by gohanku » Thu Nov 22, 2007 8:33 am

SuperSaiyan3Goku wrote:
gohanku wrote:Did anyone here with BT3, tried to unlock the two modes? How does it work? You pop a BT2 disc in and unlock the mode, or you must alway place the disc in to play the mode?

1. When you go to the "Ultimate Battle" mode, you select "Disc Fusion". You then see Budokai Tenkaichi and Tenkaichi 2 listen on the screen. Select the BT one, and it says you have to remove the BT3 disc, and put in your BT disc. (It's a little weird, I dunno why it doesn't just read the data from the Memory Card like any other DBZ game) It reads the data, and you get the new mode from BT in your BT3. Take out the disc, and put BT3 back in. For BT2, you do the same thing, select BT2 on the screen, take out BT3, put in BT2, it reads the data, take out BT2, and bingo, you have the new modes for BT3. Hope that helped. Here's a video of somebody doing it on their PS3 for people who like to see it done. :)

That helped, if I want to know how to unlock them and how to play them. My question (although badly addressed) is whether, you have to unlock them every time you on and off the game. Or will the thing be permanently unlocked, forever.
[quote="SSj Kaboom talking about Future Gohan in BT3"]I feel sorry for Future Gohan.

Everyone's like, "What?! What are you doing with [b][i]two[/i][/b] arms?! You tear that off right now, mister!"

Poor guy.[/quote]
Lol'ed.

Sshadow5001
Advanced Regular

Post by Sshadow5001 » Thu Nov 22, 2007 8:54 am

gohanku wrote:
SuperSaiyan3Goku wrote:

1. When you go to the "Ultimate Battle" mode, you select "Disc Fusion". You then see Budokai Tenkaichi and Tenkaichi 2 listen on the screen. Select the BT one, and it says you have to remove the BT3 disc, and put in your BT disc. (It's a little weird, I dunno why it doesn't just read the data from the Memory Card like any other DBZ game) It reads the data, and you get the new mode from BT in your BT3. Take out the disc, and put BT3 back in. For BT2, you do the same thing, select BT2 on the screen, take out BT3, put in BT2, it reads the data, take out BT2, and bingo, you have the new modes for BT3. Hope that helped. Here's a video of somebody doing it on their PS3 for people who like to see it done. :)

That helped, if I want to know how to unlock them and how to play them. My question (although badly addressed) is whether, you have to unlock them every time you on and off the game. Or will the thing be permanently unlocked, forever.
It would seem that you do have to insert BT1/2 everytime you wanna use that mode (Its a pain with a broken PS2 that takes 2 minutes to read a disc).

SuperSaiyan3Goku
Advanced Regular

Post by SuperSaiyan3Goku » Thu Nov 22, 2007 3:00 pm

Sshadow5001 wrote:
gohanku wrote:
SuperSaiyan3Goku wrote: Here's how I did it, and how everyone should do it:

It would seem that you do have to insert BT1/2 everytime you wanna use that mode (Its a pain with a broken PS2 that takes 2 minutes to read a disc).
No, you don't have to insert the discs everytime you want to play. All you have to do is go to the Ultimate Battle mode, and there will be 4 selections: Sim Dragon, Mission 100, Survival, and Disc Fusion.

In Sim Dragon, you train for 10 days training your offense, defense, search for people, and eat a Sunsu bean. At the end of the 10 days, you fight someone based on how hard you trained.

Mission 100 is a mode where you fight teams, like the mode from BT2.

Survival is where you select 1 fighter, and fight 50 fighters all in a row, no rest. Every time you beat an opponent, your health goes up a bar.

And you all know what Disc fusion is.
Next quest: Start collecting Dragon Ball Super Blu-Rays whenever season sets get released. Also the Super Manga!

Humpski
Regular

Post by Humpski » Thu Nov 22, 2007 3:24 pm

How do you get Survival mode?
Check out our home made films!
Lots of martial arts action and comedy.
http://youtube.com/profile_videos?user=HumpskiProductions

SuperSaiyan3Goku
Advanced Regular

Post by SuperSaiyan3Goku » Thu Nov 22, 2007 11:17 pm

Humpski wrote:How do you get Survival mode?
I think you do 30 fights in Mission 100. I'm pretty damn sure. :D

*WOOT! 400th post!*

KillerCory
Beyond Newbie

Post by KillerCory » Fri Nov 23, 2007 7:45 pm

Three questions...

1. Does the PAL version have English Voices AND Japanese BGM

2. Would it play on my PS3 even though I got it here is the states.

3. If yes to both questions, then do you know of a site where you can order it?

Thanks
Goku: "Look Vegeta! People popcorn!"
Vegeta: "What is he on?"

kaioken12
Beyond Newbie

Post by kaioken12 » Fri Nov 23, 2007 8:29 pm

1. No, only difference in PAL version is that it has the VOCAL opening song (but also not as battle music).
So in game it only has the same music than the us-version.

2. Well. Not on an un-modded PS3, as they are not region-free as far as I know.

3. If you still want it: try Amazon or something...

KillerCory
Beyond Newbie

Post by KillerCory » Fri Nov 23, 2007 8:32 pm

Great... well thanks for the answers.
Goku: "Look Vegeta! People popcorn!"
Vegeta: "What is he on?"

SuperSaiyan3Goku
Advanced Regular

Post by SuperSaiyan3Goku » Fri Nov 23, 2007 9:25 pm

I don't know if this is a glitch or just a part of the game, but whenever I try to use LSSJ Broly's rush, I have to be really close to my opponent, or right in front of him/her, or it won't work. Now, I know that when you start some rushes, you sometimes can't hit your opponent because you're to far away. This is completely different, I even see it happen with 16's rush. (Not his ultimate)

I wish I had a video, but hopefully the description will help to see if this happens to anyone else.

Bingo! Found one: http://youtube.com/watch?v=f1lVr0OpF14

Happens at 1:16.

Gyt Kaliba
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Gyt Kaliba » Fri Nov 23, 2007 11:38 pm

The same thing happens in my game too. I think maybe it's supposed to be that way, to diffrentiate it from other people's rush attacks. It about got me killed the first time I did it though. :evil:
AniManga Travelogue - Currently Reviewing: Dragon Ball (Z)
Twitter
Switch Friend Code: SW-0745-6427-7791 (let's play some Dragon Ball: The Breakers!)

Humpski
Regular

Post by Humpski » Sat Nov 24, 2007 12:02 am

A few character have rushes that work like grabs in that you must be close. Super Android 13 has one also. (Check his Ultimate out by the way, it rocks)
Check out our home made films!
Lots of martial arts action and comedy.
http://youtube.com/profile_videos?user=HumpskiProductions