"Dragon Ball Super" Series Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Michsi
I Live Here

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by Michsi » Mon Mar 12, 2018 4:54 am

HeroR wrote:
Michsi wrote:
HeroR wrote:
Dragon Ball always has plot points left hanging that are never resolved.
I'm sure it has, though I'm curious what you mean? As in examples. All I can think of are unexplored ideas.

And in any case, I wasn't talking about unsolved question type of thing.
Dabura and the demon realm comes to mind, no Online, Heroes, and Xenoverse doesn't count. Also, what exactly was Champa's original wish for the Super Dragon Balls. Not to mention that holed Trunks and Mai thing after they left for a new timeline.
Most of those things are from Super, but I wouldn't exactly call them loose threads.

And the demon realm is only an unexplored idea, it does not leave plot points hanging.

What I'm referring to is, I dunno, Freeza somehow escaping.

precita
Banned

Post by precita » Mon Mar 12, 2018 5:11 am

Nah, each arc of DBZ ended where the whole series could have at that point. Namek arc ended with Freeza being defeated and Goku's fate was purposely left ambiguous. Cell arc had an ending where everyone was done at that point and Goku stayed dead, then Trunks saved his timeline. And the Buu arc of course had a proper ending.

All of Super's arcs had proper endings too while the overall story of the Gods continued throughout all of it. But the TOP will definitely end on some sort of cliffhanger if only because of Freeza.

Lionel
I Live Here

Post by Lionel » Mon Mar 12, 2018 5:38 am

Freeza wishing for the Zenos to be erased would cause the tenuous structural balance of the celestial hierarchy to become unstable. I think a power vacuum where Daishinkan and the angels enigmatically or non-enigmatically vie for control against Zeno's attendants with the Hakaishin, Kaioshin and Goku's group caught in the middle would make for an interesting arc. Do they side with the angels, Zeno's attendants or do they side with themselves for whatever reason? Where does Freeza fit into all this? If there's a more long term goal in mind with his character then it's possible he might choose to become a fourth party. He could choose to hold Goku to his word about resurrecting him before going off to put his agenda into action.

It sounds more interesting than just having a fluke take place where the wish is used to revive everyone erased with all groups living happily ever after as Zeno forgets the reason why he hosted this tournament in the first place.

Dbzfan94
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Dbzfan94 » Mon Mar 12, 2018 9:54 am

Torturephile wrote:
Pkjoan wrote:[spoiler]Image

Image[/spoiler]
Call me evil, but I think that would be hilarious. Just watching the astronomical levels of rage from fans that would surface as a result of U7 losing, Goten evaporating, Beerus crying while Whis flips him off, GT theme song playing as it all happens, etc. That would make my year.
I wouldn’t like seeing Goten being erased but otherwise I totally agree. It would be absolutely hilarious.

fadeddreams5
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by fadeddreams5 » Mon Mar 12, 2018 11:31 am

It would be so funny if Frieza wishes that the gods never existed. That would literally erase all the events of Super.
"Dragon Ball once became a thing of the past to me, but after that, I got angry about the live action movie, re-wrote an entire movie script, and now I'm complaining about the quality of the new TV anime. It seems Dragon Ball has grown on me so much that I can't leave it alone." - Akira Toriyama on Dragon Ball Super

SupremeKai25
I Live Here

Post by SupremeKai25 » Mon Mar 12, 2018 11:43 am

Surely Frieza wouldn't be able to make bold wishes such as 'I wish for the Omni-King to be erased from existence' or 'I wish for all the Gods to be destroyed'. The Gods cannot be this stupid, they would immediately arrest and execute Frieza if he tried to do something like that. This cannot be. The Gods are the greatest beings in existence, they are perfect deities who judge all, so Toei expects me to believe that they can be deceived and outsmarted by a lowly mortal creature? Give me a break.

Kenneth La Torre
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Kenneth La Torre » Mon Mar 12, 2018 12:04 pm

fadeddreams5 wrote:It would be so funny if Frieza wishes that the gods never existed. That would literally erase all the events of Super.
Freeza has to make the wish trough the gods tho, as the gods are the only ones that can talk the dragons language. So it impossible for freeza to wish for stuff like that

Michsi
I Live Here

Post by Michsi » Mon Mar 12, 2018 12:18 pm

Kenneth La Torre wrote:
fadeddreams5 wrote:It would be so funny if Frieza wishes that the gods never existed. That would literally erase all the events of Super.
Freeza has to make the wish trough the gods tho, as the gods are the only ones that can talk the dragons language. So it impossible for freeza to wish for stuff like that
It'd be funny if he attempted to steal the wish only to end up with the language barrier foiling his plans again.

Black Hawk
Regular

Post by Black Hawk » Mon Mar 12, 2018 12:21 pm

Sora Saiyan wrote:That moment when 17 managed to mark Jiren because Jiren was caught a bit off guard seemed to be leading to something like this happening. So I’d say it seems if he totally drops his guard, like SSJB Goku in RoF, Freeza will be the one to defeat him.
While I don't particularly hope that will happen (Freeza defeating Jiren), it does make a lot of sense to me now; in fact, it almost sort of seems foreshadowed, taking all things into consideration.
"Reign supreme? In your dreams; you'll never make me bow.
Kick my ass? I'm world-class and Super Saiyan now."

I BURN - Jeff Williams feat. Casey Lee Williams, RWBY Volume 1 Soundtrack

SupremeKai25
I Live Here

Post by SupremeKai25 » Mon Mar 12, 2018 12:23 pm

Yeah. Frieza is doomed, his plan will be a failure, it is inevitable. He doesn't know the sacred language of the Gods, so he wouldn't be able to summon the dragon anyway, and you can be certain that the Grand Priest would make sure to ask him: 'Frieza-sama, I will now summon the eternal dragon, tell me what your wish is'. There is no way that Frieza can succeed in his wish to dominate the Gods.

Xeogran
I Live Here

Post by Xeogran » Mon Mar 12, 2018 1:26 pm

SupremeKai25 wrote:Yeah. Frieza is doomed, his plan will be a failure, it is inevitable. He doesn't know the sacred language of the Gods, so he wouldn't be able to summon the dragon anyway, and you can be certain that the Grand Priest would make sure to ask him: 'Frieza-sama, I will now summon the eternal dragon, tell me what your wish is'. There is no way that Frieza can succeed in his wish to dominate the Gods.
If Freeza is the rightful MVP, Grand Priest should translate his wish regardless of what it is. You can wish for whatever you want "but you have limitations" wasn't in the rules.

ToshioWrites
Temporarily Banned

Post by ToshioWrites » Mon Mar 12, 2018 1:33 pm

Grand Priest would be happy to get rid of the Zeno's if that was Freeza's wish. You think he enjoys babysitting those toddlers and having to explain everything?

SupremeKai25
I Live Here

Post by SupremeKai25 » Mon Mar 12, 2018 1:37 pm

Xeogran wrote:
SupremeKai25 wrote:Yeah. Frieza is doomed, his plan will be a failure, it is inevitable. He doesn't know the sacred language of the Gods, so he wouldn't be able to summon the dragon anyway, and you can be certain that the Grand Priest would make sure to ask him: 'Frieza-sama, I will now summon the eternal dragon, tell me what your wish is'. There is no way that Frieza can succeed in his wish to dominate the Gods.
If Freeza is the rightful MVP, Grand Priest should translate his wish regardless of what it is. You can wish for whatever you want "but you have limitations" wasn't in the rules.
The Grand Priest isn't an idiot, he wouldn't allow Frieza to wish for dominion over the Gods. It would be foolish and nonsensical and any sensible person in the World of Void could easily realize why.

Also, the rules have been changed several times before, and you can be certain that the King of All would add the rule 'The MVP fighter cannot make a wish that would harm in any way the Gods' if he realized what Frieza is up to (and it doesn't take a genius to realize nothing good ever comes out of Frieza). Or the King of All can just erase Frieza for all he cares.
Grand Priest would be happy to get rid of the Zeno's if that was Freeza's wish. You think he enjoys babysitting those toddlers and having to explain everything?
Frieza outright stated that his wish is to dominate the Gods. Even the Grand Priest would be enslaved to Frieza.

Also, I know that some people speculate that the Grand Priest is secretly plotting to get rid of Zen-Oh, but there is nothing in the show that hints that, and he most certainly wouldn't risk the Gods' freedom just for that.

Lord Frieza
I Live Here

Post by Lord Frieza » Mon Mar 12, 2018 4:11 pm

If Frieza dose win...

Beating Jiren could be easy, it all depends on what kind of state Jiren is in after his fight with Goku. If he's badly hurt and used up his power in the fight, well it dose not matter that he's Dragon Ball's Mightiest Mortal or Second, as long as Frieza has more energy then him he's beat him easily enough. If they are on an even footing then its anyones game.

As for his wish, Frieza sated he wanted to stand above the gods not get ride of them. Frieza's ultimate goal has never changed, the prize may be bigger but what he'll do is the same. He wants to be at the top, to have unquestioned, unchallenged mastery over everything. Just like he did before Goku spoiled his fun. He won't get ride of the gods because he would very much prefer to have them livening in terror of him and having being at his beck and call. And in some ways he might even be better then Zen-Oh.

Look at it this way, what makes Zen-Oh as Omni-King any less threatening then Frieza was as Galactic Emperor of Universe 7? Both ruled their respective domains in similar fashion. Zen-Oh may be more childish and innocent but he'd erase you just as easily as Frieza would kill you just for being annoying. While Frieza may be more sadistic he never sought to collapse the galactic economy or wipe out the universe for being so lowly, he only ever did such things in regards to his own forces or possible threats to his power. Frieza being a tyrant likely loved the universe as it was, with billions of beings living in terror of him and serving his every whim. He'll for all the progress he's made, Frieza was never a true warrior, he's a gangster/land owner first and for most. He likely would not give a crap about mortal levels, hell to him would seem no different the a poor planet or section of space, everywhere has it's slums.

Really swapping Zen-Oh for Frieza is just swapping one kind of tyrant for another, one is may be genuinely evil but his rule is little different then the capricious and childish nature of the other. Hell if he becomes Omni-King and its within his power, Frieza could very well restore all the universe just so he has more subjects to rule over.

As for Goku and the gang... well thats anyone's guess. But if he had the power of the Omni-King, why kill Goku when you can live safely in the knowledge you can erase him a wave of your hand. Better to keep him around so he can live in imptancy of your power. Goku would'n't care about it that way but Frieza would love it.

Edit:

For set of for fututre stories he could even restore the older universes Zen-Oh erased. More universes, more possibilities.

OLKv3
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by OLKv3 » Mon Mar 12, 2018 4:54 pm

Onibaku
Beyond Newbie

Post by Onibaku » Mon Mar 12, 2018 4:59 pm

That drawing gives me DB Goku vibes, and I love that

Xeogran
I Live Here

Post by Xeogran » Mon Mar 12, 2018 5:06 pm

Hype for reanimated Movie 1 :lol: :twisted:

BlueBasilisk
I Live Here

Post by BlueBasilisk » Mon Mar 12, 2018 5:09 pm

Well, I guess that answers the Goku Question for the movie. :lol:

emperior
I Live Here

Post by emperior » Mon Mar 12, 2018 5:24 pm

That is the best Goku I’ve seen in years. He looks just perfect. Everything from the hair to the boots. The colors and the muscles. The power pole. It’s so colorful, it gives me OG DB vibes, and I loved the atmosphere of it.
I really hope this will be the design used for the movie.
悟 “Vincit qui se vincit”

What I consider canonical

Big Black Sayian
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Big Black Sayian » Mon Mar 12, 2018 5:31 pm

Already avatars of this Goku? It is a nice style :p