Dragon Ball Z: Burst Limit - General Discussion

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

fps_anth
Advanced Regular

Post by fps_anth » Thu Dec 13, 2007 3:53 pm

It begins...

I seriously hope that they don't change this title in North America. Seriously, you can't get anymore English than that. It looks nice, but some video footage would answer a bunch of questions. I seriously don't want a Sparking! 4 on 360...

Also, a new One Piece game! Fucking awesome!

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Thu Dec 13, 2007 4:32 pm

Well, I guess its good that I haven't picked up a next gen system yet afterall.

I was planning on a wii for my birthday too. Damn. PS3's are stupidly expensive. :cry:
My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

Castor Troy
I Live Here

Post by Castor Troy » Thu Dec 13, 2007 4:36 pm

Looks like I can finally get an actual import for the PS3 now!

Thank god the PS3 is region free for PS3 imports.

Adamant
I Live Here

Post by Adamant » Thu Dec 13, 2007 5:00 pm

Thanos6 wrote:
m121akuma wrote:
Thanos6 wrote:Except that so far, every time we've seen it spelled in English in a Japanese game, it's been Freeza. Either 1) this is a fake, 2) they've decided to change the spelling for some reason, or 3) they're getting the localization done early.
Battle Stadium DON begs to differ with you, and that's probably not coming out here. This looks legit. Especially being from NeoGAF

Also looks Super DBZ style. Add in Live play, and I'm all in. I GOT YO NUMBER, EX!
I could have sworn DON used Freeza, but I only played it once...oh well.
DON used Frieza. EX wasn't very happy about it in his podcast review :P

EvilGamerX
Beyond Newbie

Post by EvilGamerX » Thu Dec 13, 2007 5:21 pm

Castor Troy wrote:Looks like I can finally get an actual import for the PS3 now!

Thank god the PS3 is region free for PS3 imports.
That was going to be my post. Fuck yes! This news has me excited!
- Life is a game, play it!

Sebastian (SB)
Advanced Regular

Post by Sebastian (SB) » Thu Dec 13, 2007 5:53 pm

Ugh...another fighting game. I have a 360, but I'll wait & see.
XBL Gamertag: Dragon Piece
Send me a message letting me know who you are
[quote="penguintruth"]In the case of the Mountain Dew, the DBZ dub is like drinking Mountain Dew and thinking, "I sure do love Coca Cola!"[/quote]

EvilGamerX
Beyond Newbie

Post by EvilGamerX » Thu Dec 13, 2007 5:56 pm

Meh, be more excited. This time it is in 16:9 =O
This news was enough to bring be back from the dead on this forum.
- Life is a game, play it!

piccorotto

Post by piccorotto » Thu Dec 13, 2007 6:49 pm

kvon wrote:
Adamant wrote:...why does it say "Frieza"?
Hmm, I wonder. Not just "Frieza", but "Goku", too. If they were using English, shouldn't the Japanese use something Son Goku? Using FUNimation's spelling of Freeza is understandable since Spike's done it on their website before, but just "Goku" without his last name? Very suspicious...

Anyways, who is developing this game? The only company I saw under "Maker" is Bandai Namco Games. Hmm...a joint effort? Budokai 3-ish shading plus the recent in game quotes system used by Spike seem to make an appearance. They're dubbing it as "'Drama Piece' is the key to victory!", whatever that means. If it means visual over game play, we're all doomed once again. The shot with Goku firing Times Four Kaioken Kamehameha looks bitchin', though!
Is that info in the scan? Only asking because there doesn't seem to be a translation anywhere, and this is the only place I've seen something as specific as "Drama Piece" mentioned.

Sebastian (SB)
Advanced Regular

Post by Sebastian (SB) » Thu Dec 13, 2007 7:14 pm

EvilGamerX wrote:Meh, be more excited. This time it is in 16:9 =O
This news was enough to bring be back from the dead on this forum.
If it's a cross-breed between Budokai & Super DBZ, than you can count me in. It's just the genre is getting rather tiring. I need an adventure.
XBL Gamertag: Dragon Piece
Send me a message letting me know who you are
[quote="penguintruth"]In the case of the Mountain Dew, the DBZ dub is like drinking Mountain Dew and thinking, "I sure do love Coca Cola!"[/quote]

Super Saiyan Turlast x4
I Live Here

Post by Super Saiyan Turlast x4 » Thu Dec 13, 2007 7:42 pm

From what I can see, that game looks cool. Now I have no choice but to get a PS3. I wonder when it comes out in 08.
"First I whip it out! Then I thrust it! With great force! Every angle...! It penetrates! Until...! With great strength...! I... ram it in! In the end... We are all satisfied... And you are set free...!" ~Dante~

kvon
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by kvon » Thu Dec 13, 2007 7:46 pm

piccorotto wrote:
kvon wrote:
Adamant wrote:...why does it say "Frieza"?
Hmm, I wonder. Not just "Frieza", but "Goku", too. If they were using English, shouldn't the Japanese use something Son Goku? Using FUNimation's spelling of Freeza is understandable since Spike's done it on their website before, but just "Goku" without his last name? Very suspicious...

Anyways, who is developing this game? The only company I saw under "Maker" is Bandai Namco Games. Hmm...a joint effort? Budokai 3-ish shading plus the recent in game quotes system used by Spike seem to make an appearance. They're dubbing it as "'Drama Piece' is the key to victory!", whatever that means. If it means visual over game play, we're all doomed once again. The shot with Goku firing Times Four Kaioken Kamehameha looks bitchin', though!
Is that info in the scan? Only asking because there doesn't seem to be a translation anywhere, and this is the only place I've seen something as specific as "Drama Piece" mentioned.
Ah...the wonders of reading Kana. There's the supposed "Dorama Pisu" in the middle.
kvon is an alternative name to Kevin

Tatsunoboshi Horoko
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Tatsunoboshi Horoko » Thu Dec 13, 2007 8:16 pm

"'Drama Piece' is the Key to Victory!!"
"By activating "Drama" during play, you'll be able to enjoy the depthful Z Battles even more"

Metrite
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Metrite » Thu Dec 13, 2007 8:48 pm

Any telling who's behind this one? Dimps again, maybe?

There's not enough info to tell but it looks like it may be going back to just side view instead of free roaming(can't really tell from just that pick of Goku and Freeza, though). That would seem like a big step down to me if it did. I was hoping perhaps after the sparking series, the next one would give us even more freedom, like going beyond just one-on-one. There were countless times in the series that one would fight many at once or multiple fighting multiple at once, it seems we'll never get that...

The only thing I looked forward to from Meteor was online play(and they still have yet to fix that). I wonder if this will provide anything new? It better not be more characters. Unless it's a new one(like a new story with another original villain that's actually cool, or what-if fusions that make sense) then there's no need for more, it gets ridiculous when they start adding guys like random Freeza henchmen.

Since it doesn't seem to be for the Wii, I wonder if the Wii will end up getting it's own game(if so it may eventually end up like the Naruto games, a different series for each console lol).

piccorotto

Post by piccorotto » Thu Dec 13, 2007 10:24 pm

Ah...the wonders of reading Kana. There's the supposed "Dorama Pisu" in the middle.
Ah ok, thanks. I agree, hopefully it's not something that relies more on cutscenes at the expense of gameplay.
"'Drama Piece' is the Key to Victory!!"
"By activating "Drama" during play, you'll be able to enjoy the depthful Z Battles even more"
Thanks a lot! So Drama is something activated during a fight.. maybe related to that gauge at the bottom?

Ex-Dubbie369
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Ex-Dubbie369 » Thu Dec 13, 2007 10:28 pm

This is awesome!!! I just hope it'll have X-Box Live capabilities. I would be a very happy person.

SuperSaiyan3Goku
Advanced Regular
Location: In the middle of nowhere, across from Planet Vegeta

Post by SuperSaiyan3Goku » Thu Dec 13, 2007 10:35 pm

This game does look good, but unfortunately, I don't have a PS3 or XBox 360... :( I know I'm never gonna get it unless it comes out for PS2. Oh well, I'll play Meteor for the rest of the year. :lol:
Next quest: Start collecting Dragon Ball Super Blu-Rays whenever season sets get released. Also the Super Manga!

Fan of Dragon Ball Z and various other Anime since '98! ^^

List of Anime I own or have watched - http://myanimelist.net/animelist/SSJ3Goku

omae no kaasan
OMG ULTIMATE DBZ INF0RZ D00D

Post by omae no kaasan » Thu Dec 13, 2007 10:48 pm

Bandai succeeds yet again in giving me yet another reason NOT to buy their last DBZ game. I figure if I wait long enough they'll just release one eventually that has a 400+ character roster for the Playstation 5 where you can script your own episodes and shit.

Captain Awesome
Patreon Supporter

Post by Captain Awesome » Thu Dec 13, 2007 11:25 pm

You know what would make me buy this game?

Create a fighter.

I want to be able to create my own Saiya-jin!, customize his transformations, his movelist, all that jazz.

If it's just Budokai 3 in HD, I'll probably pass, I'm pretty set at the moment with B3 SDBZ and Meteor, unless this offers anything new, I probably wont pick it up until it is very cheap.

Castor Troy
I Live Here

Post by Castor Troy » Thu Dec 13, 2007 11:44 pm

omae no kaasan wrote:Bandai succeeds yet again in giving me yet another reason NOT to buy their last DBZ game. I figure if I wait long enough they'll just release one eventually that has a 400+ character roster for the Playstation 5 where you can script your own episodes and shit.
I'd love microphone support so I can voice Vegeta too!

Herms
Kanzenshuu Admin Emeritus

Post by Herms » Fri Dec 14, 2007 12:25 am

fps_anth wrote:I seriously hope that they don't change this title in North America. Seriously, you can't get anymore English than that
Well, 'Sparking!' was pretty English too, and that got changed...to mangled Japanese. So I don't think it's really an issue of Japanese vs. English words, but of giving the game a marketable name.
Strongbad456 wrote: Does it matter? Freeza and Freeza are both pronounced the same.
I love how the filters have made the whole Frieza/Freeza discussion almost completely nonsensical.