Live Action Movie Discussion Thread

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

PerfectEnigma

Post by PerfectEnigma » Sat Dec 15, 2007 2:56 pm

Emmy Rossum

Eriko Tamura

Joon Park

Sun_Wukong
I Live Here

Post by Sun_Wukong » Sat Dec 15, 2007 8:41 pm

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/hr/con ... c3e52a4bb4
It says Joon Park is from a Korean pop band Groove Over Dose

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/G.o.d.

Timo
Regular

Post by Timo » Sat Dec 15, 2007 9:19 pm

Joon Park looks kinda ugly and way too bulky for Yamcha. Besides that, the role of Yamcha will be probably Goku's badass "school rival". >_> Okay...who else has the strange feeling that they mixed Yamcha and Tenshinhan with this thing?

VEGETA_DTX
Beyond Newbie

Post by VEGETA_DTX » Sun Dec 16, 2007 10:01 am

I can believe someone can critic That Joon without even noticing this RIDICILOUS PICS UP THERE!!!

WHERE ARE THE FANS OF DBZ?!
WHERE ARE PPL WHO HAVE BRAIN AND WHO SAY "THIS IS GOING TO SUCK!!!"
WHY DONT WE GATHER AND PROTEST AGAISNT THIS SHIT!!!

I mean just look at that cast list!?!?!?!

this is CELEB BALL Z!!! or FASHION/POP-SINGER BALL Z!!!

I-DONT-WANT-DBZ-BECOME-JUST-ANOTHER-AMERICAN-CELEBRITY-COMERCIAL-BULLSHIT!!!
AND IF SOME OF YOU HERE CALL YOUR SELF A DBZ FAN!? THAN WTF!? AREN'T YOU PROTESTING EVEN JUST A LITTLE BIT!??!?!

I JUST CAN'T FUCKING BELIEVE WHAT IS HAPPENING, IF THIS IS A DREAM, IT IS WITHOUT DOUBTS WORST FUCKING NIGHTMARE I'VE EVER DREAMED!!!!!!!
DESTROY ALL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
AMV - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gbMROjUPpgg
http://vegetareviews.blogspot.com/2011/12/bardock.html

Kaboom

Post by Kaboom » Sun Dec 16, 2007 10:19 am

VEGETA_DTX wrote:I can believe someone can critic That Joon without even noticing this RIDICULOUS PICS UP THERE!!!

WHERE ARE THE FANS OF DBZ?!
WHY DON'T WE GATHER AND PROTEST AGAINST THIS SHIT!!!

I-DON'T-WANT-DBZ-BECOME-JUST-ANOTHER-AMERICAN-CELEBRITY-COMMERCIAL-BULLSHIT!!!
AND IF SOME OF YOU HERE CALL YOUR SELF A DBZ FAN!? THAN WTF!? AREN'T YOU PROTESTING EVEN JUST A LITTLE BIT!??!?!

I JUST CAN'T FUCKING BELIEVE WHAT IS HAPPENING, IF THIS IS A DREAM, IT IS WITHOUT DOUBTS WORST FUCKING NIGHTMARE I'VE EVER DREAMED!!!!!!!
I think someone is overreacting just a tad.
deviantART
FanFic: DragonBall GT Revised
[thread]
Powar Levuls: Main Series | Movies and Specials | GT
Nintendo/PSN/Steam: KaboomKrusader
ACNH Dream Address: DA-1637-4046-7415 ("SlamZone")
(Not) lost (enough) DB Super plots!
A handy video guide to Kanzenshuu-level grammar quality!

RVE

Post by RVE » Sun Dec 16, 2007 10:23 am

wellcome in the real world.

VEGETA_DTX
Beyond Newbie

Post by VEGETA_DTX » Sun Dec 16, 2007 10:24 am

I think someone is overreacting just a tad.
NO!! This is nothing comparing HOW I REALLY FEEL!!!!

AND YOU MIGHT JUST SPEAK WITH ONE WHO WILL DO SUICIDAL ATTACK ON 20TH FOX CENTURY HQ "JUST BECAUSE ONE CARTOON".

DominatorLost
Beyond Newbie

Post by DominatorLost » Sun Dec 16, 2007 11:00 am

Seriously, what the hell? Can we go back to discussing this movie that has "Dragonball" as its working title but isn't going to be DB-related at all once it's released?

Sun_Wukong
I Live Here

Post by Sun_Wukong » Sun Dec 16, 2007 11:02 am

Um yeah, considering how huge the DBZ property is, I doubt any number of fans have a chance of shutting this down.

I'm an American comic book geek at heart and plenty of my favorite characters have been molested by Hollywood. Do I do anything about it? No, I just bitch on message boards.

TripleRach

Post by TripleRach » Sun Dec 16, 2007 11:38 am

VEGETA_DTX wrote:WHERE ARE THE FANS OF DBZ?!
WHY DONT WE GATHER AND PROTEST AGAISNT THIS SHIT!!!

I-DONT-WANT-DBZ-BECOME-JUST-ANOTHER-AMERICAN-CELEBRITY-COMERCIAL-BULLSHIT!!!
Fox is a giant corporation that doesn't give a rat's ass what we think. Fanboy rants and internet tantrums are not going to do anything but make DB fans look whiny and bitter.

I'm a huge fan of the series, and one of the biggest purists around, but I'd give myself a bleeding ulcer if I spent all my getting upset about this movie. I prefer to just live my life and engross myself in other Dragon Ball-related things that are actually fun and enjoyable.
-Rachel

VEGETA_DTX
Beyond Newbie

Post by VEGETA_DTX » Sun Dec 16, 2007 11:51 am

First of all I wanna apology for screaming and somewhat offtopic, I just expolded in moment...(which does not mean that I will not do some crazy things once I arrive to hollywood...)

Sun_Wukong
Um yeah, considering how huge the DBZ property is, I doubt any number of fans have a chance of shutting this down.
If everyone would think like you, then there really are no chances of shutting this down, c'mon where is your spirit!
I'm an American comic book geek at heart and plenty of my favorite characters have been molested by Hollywood. Do I do anything about it? No, I just bitch on message boards.
Well that is good for you, sincerely...but I am different kind of person...

@TripleRach
Fox is a giant corporation that doesn't give a rat's ass what we think. Fanboy rants and internet tantrums are not going to do anything but make DB fans look whiny and bitter.

I'm a huge fan of the series, and one of the biggest purists around, but I'd give myself a bleeding ulcer if I spent all my getting upset about this movie. I prefer to just live my life and engross myself in other Dragon Ball-related things that are actually fun and enjoyable.
Yeah most of ppl tell me that...that I should not care at all..forget or should not watch it at all...
Look, if you just watch this materialistic side and just "how much you'll enjoy", than there is really no problem at all... cuz you'll gonna watch the anime and skip the stupid movie, but there is something more important than anything, its called the SAKE OF DBZ....justice...pride.... understand?

I just can't skip the fact that they make stupid CELEBRITY BALL Z, it simply kills me, I cant explain much, but it just simply kills me...DISASTER!!!
And I know good part of you understands me, but are probably just not impulsive enough to do anything about it...

Son Wukong
Regular

Post by Son Wukong » Sun Dec 16, 2007 12:13 pm

Obviously dragonball means something to us. The majority of people on this forum knows, by the so far available information on the liveaction movie,that this movie should not be taken seriously what so ever. And VegettoEX was right when he said that the average Jo doesn't have a clue what dbz is. And that's exactly what my problem is with this movie. The fact that all those average Jo's will get a complete wrong idea which would eventually lead to ignorance about dbz after they've seen the movie makes me sad.

Gyt Kaliba
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Gyt Kaliba » Sun Dec 16, 2007 12:25 pm

I don't think that'll be too big of a problem. The way this is working out, it's not gonna make a good movie even without DB-relatedness. It looks like a B movie regardless. So, people (Not DBZ fans) aren't gonna think it looks that interesting I bet. So instead of pleasing everyone they've just pissed off their core group. Good job Fox. :roll:

And ya know, the main problem with this movie isn't that it's an AU story. The ACTUAL DB/Z movies are AU and are, for the most part, great. It's the AU story they chose for this movie that's killing it. If this is the first DB/Z movie (the whole Goku in school thing), then the next movie will probably show us the 'REAL' way Bulma and Vegeta get together. :lol:
AniManga Travelogue - Currently Reviewing: Dragon Ball (Z)
Twitter
Switch Friend Code: SW-0745-6427-7791 (let's play some Dragon Ball: The Breakers!)

NeptuneKai
I Live Here

Post by NeptuneKai » Sun Dec 16, 2007 1:23 pm

Because we always see bad movies destroy a series, just look at the old Spiderman, Fantastic Four, Super Mario, Street Fighter, Mortal Kombat and Hulk movies....yup Dragonball will have no chance to survive after this movie.
Aro started to laugh. “Ha, ha, ha,” he chuckled.- Actual quote from Twilight

Kaboom

Post by Kaboom » Sun Dec 16, 2007 2:13 pm

WHY is everyone and their grandmothers automatically convinced this movie is going to be so terrible?

So far, we've got a solid, likable, not-too-famous main cast (by no means this "CELEBRITY BALL Z" bullshit that DTX is whining about), and the tiniest inkling of a tentative plot.

BUT, just because the word "school" was mentioned once, yes, just ONCE, with NO detail whatsoever, that's somehow grounds for denouncing the entire movie as a whole?! Really, that's the ONLY thing people have been founding their ever-so-omniscient preconceptions of this movie on. That ONE, solitary word. The rest of what little we know of the movie appears good, and a solid, acceptable adaptation.

For God's sake, I hope you're not all this pessimistic about everything! Grow up, use your brains, lighten up, quit being so doom-and-gloom about a series you're supposed to "like," and who knows, you might actually enjoy something.

I had thought this movie was going to end up as another Transformers, in terms of the stupidity and ungratefulness from the "fans." I was mistaken. This is shaping up to be even worse in that department.

It's going to be a little different

But you know what? I don't actually really care what you all do, because it's not going to affect me on this matter. The rest of you can go "BAAAAAWWW" and piss and bitch and moan your whiny, ungrateful little heads off, but face the facts. It's shaping up to be a good, long-in-coming movie which is, quite bluntly, a gift from it's creators that you don't deserve. I, however, will be watching it and actually letting myself enjoy it.

(I'm not pointing this towards those of you who are neutral on the matter, by the way. Thank God for your indifference.)
deviantART
[thread]

NeptuneKai
I Live Here

Post by NeptuneKai » Sun Dec 16, 2007 2:20 pm

Yeah I agree with Kaboom Piccolo being a space ninja and Goku's high school carrier and bare minimum talent actors are the best fucking thing that ever happened to this series!

I personally will be sitting in the front row cheering on principal Frieza as he sends Goku to detention with Chi Chi for annoying the teachers pet Vegeta and his big muscled crony Nappa. In fact I’m rewriting all of the manga to parallel the movie and Toyiyama will totally buy it from me and sell it everywhere making this movie super famous! So take THAT all you negative nancy's!

Oh and here is hoping they rename Yamcha "Westwood" in fact I can't wait to buy Dragonball The Movie the game!
Last edited by NeptuneKai on Sun Dec 16, 2007 2:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Aro started to laugh. “Ha, ha, ha,” he chuckled.- Actual quote from Twilight

Kaboom

Post by Kaboom » Sun Dec 16, 2007 2:25 pm

I... I can't quite tell if you're being sarcastic or not, Neptune. I hope you are. :?
deviantART
[thread]

Shenron
Beyond Newbie

Post by Shenron » Sun Dec 16, 2007 3:36 pm

I can't see why I should be grateful to get a movie I never wished for in the first place.
Furthermore, upon all the action movie which are released these days, how many are really good ? Or only decent ? Not that much. And with Dragonball, we are talking about an action movie which :

1-Will be released in only 8 month, though the cast isn't fully established yet. We don't even have seen any trailer yet !

2-Is an adaptation of a manga, i.e. some kind of foreign comics. Just remember that even famous comics like Daredevil or Fantastic Four have been poorly adapted.

3-Has obviously for only purpose to turn to profit one of the popular TV series of the moment, whatever it is. Dragonball is 20 years old. Why not making this movie 10 years ago ? Because 10 years ago, it wouldn't have been lucrative. I'm pretty sure the producers were thinking something like : "OK, Dragonball is very popular now in the US, let's hurry to make some live action movie to earn some money before its popularity fades for good".

We're not pessimistic, but we're not naive either. And even if I'm wrong, at least it will be a good surprise if this movie is good.
Last edited by Shenron on Sun Dec 16, 2007 6:11 pm, edited 2 times in total.
[url=http://profile.mygamercard.net/Blue+Shenron][img]http://card.mygamercard.net/gbar/Blue+Shenron.gif[/img][/url]
[url=http://vanesshenron.deviantart.com/]Deviantart[/url]

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Sun Dec 16, 2007 4:13 pm

I know they both happened around the same time, but was this movie announced before or after the writer's strike?
My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

GANTZ

Post by GANTZ » Sun Dec 16, 2007 4:15 pm

Goku goes to high school:
Blogs.hoycinema.com/movieland/

It looks like the description from CHUD was right after all. Prepare for high ninjas, shape-shifting Mai, and the demonic race of Namek-Jins.