Who's your favorite video game original character?

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

fadeddreams5
Born 'n Bred Here

Who's your favorite video game original character?

Post by fadeddreams5 » Sat Aug 11, 2018 1:38 am

New forms of existing characters don't count.

Notable names include:
-Dr. Lychee/Raichi (Gaiden)
-Hatchiyack (Gaiden)
-Towa (Online/Xenoverse)
-Mira (Online/Xenoverse)
-Demigra (Xenoverse)
-Kaioshin of Time, Chronoa (Xenoverse)
-Fu (Online/Xenoverse 2)
-Kanba (Heroes)
-Mechikabura (Heroes)
-Android 21 (Fighterz)
-Shallot (Legends)

My personal favorite is Shallot. Cool design, reasonable power, and I like his personality, which reminds me a bit of Yusuke from Yu Yu Hakusho.

And for those of you who don't know who that is, he's the main character of Dragon Ball Legends, a free game for Android/IOS. If you haven't played it, I highly recommend it. Free as free can be, fun gameplay, amazing graphics for a mobile game, and most shockingly of all... so far, it has a very good (albeit, unfinished) story that takes place after the ToP. Probably the best I've seen in a DB game, and more intriguing than the first half of Super, and it's not even complete. They even made Appule stand out and likeable. Appule...

Anyways, I digress, who's your favorite DB video game original character?
"Dragon Ball once became a thing of the past to me, but after that, I got angry about the live action movie, re-wrote an entire movie script, and now I'm complaining about the quality of the new TV anime. It seems Dragon Ball has grown on me so much that I can't leave it alone." - Akira Toriyama on Dragon Ball Super

KBABZ
Born 'n Bred Here

Re: Who's your favorite video game original character?

Post by KBABZ » Sat Aug 11, 2018 2:49 am

For me it's Android 21. Not sure what the Spoiler etiquette is on her so I'll drop my thoughts in the Spoiler box below.

[spoiler]I was first hooked on her for having the angle of being normal but having a crazy-ass evil side under her polite facade. It felt really unique as far as Dragon Ball villains go. However it took a huge turn with Arc 3. There we got to learn that she has a split personality issue where her normal self is fighting against her Majin hunger. That and her relationship with Android 18 endeared her to me all the more, and the scene where she eventually snaps and the two personalities split was gripping (and reminiscent of when Buu did it of course). Good Android 21 is one of my all-time favourite Dragon Ball characters, and it was awesome seeing her interact with the rest of the Z cast, particularly Buu and their Majin connection ("We're matching in pink!"). She's unlike any other DB fighter because she's incredibly powerful but also unskilled and reluctant in its use; I can't recall any character like that, with the possible exception of Gohan. My only main gripe is that the switch to her Majin form appears to be permanent; it would have been nice to see her revert to her human self if she wished, almost using the Majin form like Super Saiyan.[/spoiler]

Chronoa is second because she's also a unique character in the world of Dragon Ball, but I haven't played any of the Xenoverse games to lay anything more solid than that.

sunsetshimmer
I Live Here

Post by sunsetshimmer » Sat Aug 11, 2018 6:54 am

Most of them are bad to me.
But Towa is awesome so yeah. It's Towa.
"I will concede that your feelings are worthy of the mightiest of Saiyans. However, there is more to my power than just this. Before you die, I will show it to you. This is the difference in power, between the primitive Saiyans and the evolved Tsufruians." ~Baby Vegeta

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Sat Aug 11, 2018 9:37 am

Android 21.

She the only one that really has any kind of depth to her character or a backstory that doesn't feel shoehorned into the original plot of Dragon Ball.

Waluigiman
Beyond Newbie

Post by Waluigiman » Sun Aug 12, 2018 3:31 am

fadeddreams5 wrote:New forms of existing characters don't count.

Notable names include:
-Dr. Lychee/Raichi (Gaiden)
-Hatchiyack (Gaiden)
-Towa (Online/Xenoverse)
-Mira (Online/Xenoverse)
-Demigra (Xenoverse)
-Fu (Online/Xenoverse 2)
-Kanba (Heroes)
-Mechikabura (Heroes)
-Android 21 (Fighterz)
-Shallot (Legends)

My personal favorite is Shallot. Cool design, reasonable power, and I like his personality, which reminds me a bit of Yusuke from Yu Yu Hakusho.

And for those of you who don't know who that is, he's the main character of Dragon Ball Legends, a free game for Android/IOS. If you haven't played it, I highly recommend it. Free as free can be, fun gameplay, amazing graphics for a mobile game, and most shockingly of all... so far, it has a very good (albeit, unfinished) story that takes place after the ToP. Probably the best I've seen in a DB game, and more intriguing than the first half of Super, and it's not even complete. They even made Appule stand out and likeable. Appule...

I think those are the only ones I think should be promoted to canon, just fix some things with their roles and is all good.

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Sun Aug 12, 2018 10:41 am

fadeddreams5 wrote:-Towa (Online/Xenoverse)
-Mira (Online/Xenoverse)
-Fu (Online/Xenoverse 2)
-Android 21 (Fighterz)

Those ones.
Waluigiman wrote:I think those are the only ones I think should be promoted to canon, just fix some things with their roles and is all good.
What is there to be fixed about Kaioshin of Time?
We help! ... Hmm. Always get Autobots out of messes they get into.

~ Day of the Machines ~

Bajosexto
Beyond Newbie

Post by Bajosexto » Sun Aug 12, 2018 10:54 am

Hmm... I guess it's Hatchiyack. He's the only one I know. I haven't played Xenoverse or FighterZ.

Kokonoe
Not Banned

Post by Kokonoe » Sun Aug 12, 2018 11:53 am

Supreme Kai of Time has this on a lock for me namely cause she feels like she actually belongs in the main series which I can't really say for most other characters.

Waluigiman
Beyond Newbie

Post by Waluigiman » Sun Aug 12, 2018 7:52 pm

Grimlock wrote:
fadeddreams5 wrote:-Towa (Online/Xenoverse)
-Mira (Online/Xenoverse)
-Fu (Online/Xenoverse 2)
-Android 21 (Fighterz)

Those ones.
Waluigiman wrote:I think those are the only ones I think should be promoted to canon, just fix some things with their roles and is all good.
What is there to be fixed about Kaioshin of Time?
Not much aside explaining her role in the universe if she ever appears in the anime.