"I stood Bulma up" (Movie 4 Question)

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

AnzuMazaki
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

"I stood Bulma up" (Movie 4 Question)

Post by AnzuMazaki » Tue Feb 05, 2008 5:39 pm

In the widescreen FUNimation version of Movie 4, Yamcha was saying "I stood Bulma up, maybe this will make her forgive me" referring to his new cruiser that later gets blown up.

Was he like this in the orignal japanese version?

SatoSky
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by SatoSky » Tue Feb 05, 2008 6:01 pm

Funi released Movie 4 in widescreen?

Conan the SSJ
I Live Here

Re: "I stood Bulma up" (Mpovie 4 question

Post by Conan the SSJ » Tue Feb 05, 2008 6:03 pm

AnzuMazaki wrote:In the widescreen FUNimation version of Movie 4, Yamcha was saying "I stood Bulma up, maybe this will make her forgive me" referring to his new cruiser that later gets blown up.

Was he like this in the orignal japanese version?
FUNi released a widescreen version of movie 4? Yamcha was in movie 4? WTF? ._.
14 years later

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Post by VegettoEX » Tue Feb 05, 2008 6:11 pm

DragonBall movie 4 (the 10th anniversary movie), or DragonBall Z movie 4?

Yamcha wasn't yet in a relationship with Bulma in the timeframe that the 10th anniversary movie takes place in, so that's right out. Yamcha's not even in DBZ movie 4 at all, so that's right out.

Since you're talking about Yamcha and some sort of hover-craft/car, I assume you mean DBZ movie 3 (released here as [The] Tree Of Might)? I don't believe FUNimation's re-re-dub of the movie (released in the First Strike boxset) ever aired on TV, so why not just pop your copy over to the Japanese version and find out? Furthermore, as has been stated, this movie's never been released in widescreen in the US (though I would expect FUNimation's faux-"remastered" release to be in widescreen when it inevitably comes, possibly later on this year [summer/fall?]).
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

AnzuMazaki
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by AnzuMazaki » Wed Feb 06, 2008 12:03 am

It was DBZ Movie 3, and it was on a website, www.watch-dragonball.com

Slickmasterfunk
Regular

Post by Slickmasterfunk » Wed Feb 06, 2008 12:16 am

AnzuMazaki wrote:It was DBZ Movie 3, and it was on a website, www.watch-dragonball.com
Umm..yes. Let us trust a site that has complete episodes of Dragon Ball AF. Yeah.

Super Sonic
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Super Sonic » Wed Feb 06, 2008 2:41 am

It's been awhile since I've watched the Japanese version of that movie, but I remember that line was in the TV version of Tree of Might. The video/dvd dub had no mention of making things right with Bulma or problems with her. Only that he had to take a 15-year loan for it. Though the tv dub had a funny line after it crashed and he was at Goku's mentioning he didn't have insurance.

SonEric84
Banned

Post by SonEric84 » Wed Feb 06, 2008 9:52 am

Slickmasterfunk wrote:
AnzuMazaki wrote:It was DBZ Movie 3, and it was on a website, www.watch-dragonball.com
Umm..yes. Let us trust a site that has complete episodes of Dragon Ball AF. Yeah.

They're probably just youtube videos with stills of crappy fanart. :P
Trans rights, now!