Official On-Going Dragon Ball Super Movie #1 Thread: "Broly"

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

RecolorSaiyan
Regular

Re: Official On-Going Dragon Ball Super Movie Thread: "Broly"

Post by RecolorSaiyan » Sat Nov 24, 2018 5:58 pm

Regular ss broly is the one with red eyes in trailer.

For some reason he has normal golden hair but with a green aura.

Mister_Popo
Advanced Regular

Post by Mister_Popo » Sun Nov 25, 2018 6:42 am

RecolorSaiyan wrote:Regular ss broly is the one with red eyes in trailer.

The green form is his true full power form, while the golden SSJ-looking form acts like some kind of precursor, that's why i assume it has the green aura.

Lukmendes
Regular

Post by Lukmendes » Sun Nov 25, 2018 9:34 am

GodVegetto91 wrote:You have no idea how wrong you are dude. Future Zamasu isn’t anywhere NEAR the level of a SSJ Blue. The only reason he is able to compete with Goku and Vegeta so well is because of his immortality. His immortality provides him not only with instant healing, but with instant regeneration aswell. And Goku Black wasn’t stronger than Goku and Vegeta at all. In fact, Vegeta not only surpassed and curbstomped him, but he get another power up after that when he was struggling against Merged Zamasu, and especially Goku got an insane power boost to the point where he actually overpowered Zamasu in a beam struggle.

Goku and Vegeta as high tier SSJ Blue equals >>>> Goku Black and Future Zamasu.
Future Zamasu was fighting everyone well, he did use his healing powers but didn't rely on it to put up a good fight, so he was pretty close to Blue levels.
Dark_Tzitzimine wrote:It is in line with GT's Gogeta, amusingly enough.
GT Gogeta at the very least played around until Omega did the negative energy ball attack, which he reversed it to remove the negative energy surrounding the Earth, wasn't necessary since he could just kill Omega for that, but it's something.
Sora Saiyan wrote:Honestly he seems like Vegetto. I guess it makes sense that the fusion of Goku and Vegeta would always end up with the same mentality. Movie 12 Gogeta ends up being the most odd when we look at the fusions throughout the series.
I find it to be disapointing to be fair, since twp different fusions of the same character don't necessarily have to have the same personality, since the personalities could have different mixes, but I guess they're only willing to write that one...
PFM18 wrote:He got the job done and that's all that really matters. He's also the first fusion in "canon" to ever actually accomplish that. SSJ Vegetto, Gotenks each time, and SSB Vegetto all failed and now SSB Gogeta will be the first to actually defeat the enemy.
At the very least, it's because of Vegetto that Goku and Vegeta managed to defeat Boo, so Vegetto did something, even if he didn't beat the villain, but yeah, Gotenks was only useful in helping the enemy when Boo absorved him, and Vegetto Blue is pretty much useless...
jjgp1112 wrote: Sat Mar 12, 2022 12:08 am My man, all Goku had to do was go SSJ3 and shock Vegeta so much the M on his head would have turned into an L and Buu would have never happened.

RecolorSaiyan
Regular

Post by RecolorSaiyan » Sun Nov 25, 2018 11:39 am

Mister_Popo wrote:

The green form is his true full power form, while the golden SSJ-looking form acts like some kind of precursor, that's why i assume it has the green aura.
So it’s basically super saiyan omen :think:

Mister_Popo
Advanced Regular

Post by Mister_Popo » Sun Nov 25, 2018 11:51 am

RecolorSaiyan wrote:
Mister_Popo wrote:

Or Brolys version of "False Super Saiyan", which he uses during movie 8 as well.

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Sun Nov 25, 2018 12:01 pm

I think this is the first time Tarble appears (albeit only his name) in some sort of family tree. I'm starting to believe there is a reason as to why they don't show him anywhere. Maybe Toriyama will change his design in the future?
We help! ... Hmm. Always get Autobots out of messes they get into.

~ Day of the Machines ~

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Sun Nov 25, 2018 12:12 pm

Grimlock wrote:I think this is the first time Tarble appears (albeit only his name) in some sort of family tree. I'm starting to believe there is a reason as to why they don't show him anywhere. Maybe Toriyama will change his design in the future?
I'd be fine with them changing Tarble's design. His current one isn't anything to write home about, imo.
My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Sun Nov 25, 2018 12:20 pm

I would love for Tarble to have Vegeta's hair from Bardock's TV Special if that will become the case.

~ Day of the Machines ~

Marlowe89
Banned Alternate Account

Post by Marlowe89 » Sun Nov 25, 2018 12:58 pm

Grimlock wrote:I think this is the first time Tarble appears (albeit only his name) in some sort of family tree. I'm starting to believe there is a reason as to why they don't show him anywhere. Maybe Toriyama will change his design in the future?
The kanji is borderline illegible in that photo. I wonder if the description under Tarble mentions the 2008 special.

PFM18
Banned Alternate Account

Post by PFM18 » Sun Nov 25, 2018 1:57 pm

I think they just didn't show him because he's an irrelevant character to this movie.

BlueBasilisk
I Live Here

Post by BlueBasilisk » Sun Nov 25, 2018 2:25 pm

RecolorSaiyan wrote:
Mister_Popo wrote:

It's a hodge podge of movie 8 and movie 10 Broly. He had a normal golden-haired Super Saiyan form in movie 10 (it was teal and purple in movie 8), but his Legendary Super Saiyan form has green hair like it did for the bulk of movie 8 instead of the gold hair it had at the end of 8 and throughout 10.

WittyUsername
I Live Here

Post by WittyUsername » Sun Nov 25, 2018 2:31 pm

Lukmendes wrote:
GodVegetto91 wrote:You have no idea how wrong you are dude. Future Zamasu isn’t anywhere NEAR the level of a SSJ Blue. The only reason he is able to compete with Goku and Vegeta so well is because of his immortality. His immortality provides him not only with instant healing, but with instant regeneration aswell. And Goku Black wasn’t stronger than Goku and Vegeta at all. In fact, Vegeta not only surpassed and curbstomped him, but he get another power up after that when he was struggling against Merged Zamasu, and especially Goku got an insane power boost to the point where he actually overpowered Zamasu in a beam struggle.

Goku and Vegeta as high tier SSJ Blue equals >>>> Goku Black and Future Zamasu.
Future Zamasu was fighting everyone well, he did use his healing powers but didn't rely on it to put up a good fight, so he was pretty close to Blue levels.

My memory on the fights is a bit iffy, but I don’t recall Zamasu ever being portrayed as Goku and Vegeta’s equal. He seemed to be a threat primarily because of his immortality, which, in unison with Black’s constantly increasing strength, made for a very fearsome combination. It was still pretty obvious that Black was the brawns of the duo. Besides, if Zamasu was able to reach the level of two well trained Super Saiyan Blues, it would kind of make Black obsolete.

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Sun Nov 25, 2018 3:24 pm

Marlowe89 wrote:The kanji is borderline illegible in that photo. I wonder if the description under Tarble mentions the 2008 special.
It seems it just says that Tarble was sent to another planet because he is a non-combatant or something.
PFM18 wrote:I think they just didn't show him because he's an irrelevant character to this movie.
Yet, Gohan, Goten, Trunks, Chi-Chi, Videl, Bra, Raditz and Gohan are in that image. Even though some are not even in the movie. Tarble has two mentions now but no appearance whatsoever outside of his own OVA. Surely that must mean something other than just "he's not relevant".

~ Day of the Machines ~

Lukmendes
Regular

Post by Lukmendes » Sun Nov 25, 2018 3:27 pm

WittyUsername wrote:My memory on the fights is a bit iffy, but I don’t recall Zamasu ever being portrayed as Goku and Vegeta’s equal. He seemed to be a threat primarily because of his immortality, which, in unison with Black’s constantly increasing strength, made for a very fearsome combination. It was still pretty obvious that Black was the brawns of the duo. Besides, if Zamasu was able to reach the level of two well trained Super Saiyan Blues, it would kind of make Black obsolete.
In episode 57 he fought well against both Goku and Trunks, was even able to grab hold of both of them so they couldn't escape from Black's kamehameha, however, he could've been killed in two occasions by Trunks, when he got stabbed and when Trunks used Final Flash.

Episode 61 was mostly Black and Zamasu fighting together, there is that one scene Goku punches Zamasu's head off, but Zamasu clearly let him do it

Episode 63 has Trunks fighting both Black and Zamasu, Trunks managed to fight each one particularly for a bith and in both fights, Black/Zamasu had the advantage at first but Trunks got managed to overwhelm them before being stabbed by Black on when he tried that self destruct, Zamasu also lets Trunks hit him with ki blasts and says that he likes being hit because of his immortality. Later when Goku and Vegeta arrived, Zamasu was getting his ass kicked by Goku this time, there's one moment which Goku knocks him down on the ground and Zamasu gets up like it's nothing and Goku comments on his immortality.

Episode 64 we have Goku punching Zamasu one when he was off guard (He was distracted by Black's power when he uses that scythe), and then they traded punches but we never see what came of it, since a bit after we see Zamasu flying towards Trunks and the others, implying he won, but next we see Goku alongside Vegeta fighting Black's clones, so it's inconclusive.

So basicaly, of the 3 fights we see, just in one of them he really needed immortality to survive and in another one he "needed" it to get back to the fight faster, but he still fought well regardless, so he's near Blue levels, it doesn't exactly make Black obsolete since he's still the stronger one who has more potential too, though it still makes Zamasu's plan weird to want Goku's body if he could get that strong to begin with...
jjgp1112 wrote: Sat Mar 12, 2022 12:08 am My man, all Goku had to do was go SSJ3 and shock Vegeta so much the M on his head would have turned into an L and Buu would have never happened.

WittyUsername
I Live Here

Post by WittyUsername » Sun Nov 25, 2018 5:50 pm

Lukmendes wrote:
WittyUsername wrote:My memory on the fights is a bit iffy, but I don’t recall Zamasu ever being portrayed as Goku and Vegeta’s equal. He seemed to be a threat primarily because of his immortality, which, in unison with Black’s constantly increasing strength, made for a very fearsome combination. It was still pretty obvious that Black was the brawns of the duo. Besides, if Zamasu was able to reach the level of two well trained Super Saiyan Blues, it would kind of make Black obsolete.
In episode 57 he fought well against both Goku and Trunks, was even able to grab hold of both of them so they couldn't escape from Black's kamehameha, however, he could've been killed in two occasions by Trunks, when he got stabbed and when Trunks used Final Flash.

Episode 61 was mostly Black and Zamasu fighting together, there is that one scene Goku punches Zamasu's head off, but Zamasu clearly let him do it

Episode 63 has Trunks fighting both Black and Zamasu, Trunks managed to fight each one particularly for a bith and in both fights, Black/Zamasu had the advantage at first but Trunks got managed to overwhelm them before being stabbed by Black on when he tried that self destruct, Zamasu also lets Trunks hit him with ki blasts and says that he likes being hit because of his immortality. Later when Goku and Vegeta arrived, Zamasu was getting his ass kicked by Goku this time, there's one moment which Goku knocks him down on the ground and Zamasu gets up like it's nothing and Goku comments on his immortality.

Episode 64 we have Goku punching Zamasu one when he was off guard (He was distracted by Black's power when he uses that scythe), and then they traded punches but we never see what came of it, since a bit after we see Zamasu flying towards Trunks and the others, implying he won, but next we see Goku alongside Vegeta fighting Black's clones, so it's inconclusive.

So basicaly, of the 3 fights we see, just in one of them he really needed immortality to survive and in another one he "needed" it to get back to the fight faster, but he still fought well regardless, so he's near Blue levels, it doesn't exactly make Black obsolete since he's still the stronger one who has more potential too, though it still makes Zamasu's plan weird to want Goku's body if he could get that strong to begin with...
DBS has never been consistent when it comes to strength, but the series has shown that just because a fighter is significantly weaker than another, doesn’t mean they can’t put up a fight for a short period of time. Goku was signciantly weaker than Raditz at the beginning of the Saiyan arc, but he was able to hold Raditz in place so that Piccolo could kill them. Sure, Raditz had just been injured by Gohan, but Goku was arguably in even worse shape than he was. I don’t think any of the things you mentioned is an indication that Zamasu was on par with Goku and Vegeta.

Lukmendes
Regular

Post by Lukmendes » Sun Nov 25, 2018 6:23 pm

WittyUsername wrote:DBS has never been consistent when it comes to strength, but the series has shown that just because a fighter is significantly weaker than another, doesn’t mean they can’t put up a fight for a short period of time. Goku was signciantly weaker than Raditz at the beginning of the Saiyan arc, but he was able to hold Raditz in place so that Piccolo could kill them. Sure, Raditz had just been injured by Gohan, but Goku was arguably in even worse shape than he was. I don’t think any of the things you mentioned is an indication that Zamasu was on par with Goku and Vegeta.
I mean, if he was that much weaker than them it would've been mentioned at least, and maybe we'd see him needing to abuse his immortality more to keep going, y'know, like the manga version, but that isn't the case, he puts up a good fight, and generaly avoids serious injuries, he's weaker than Black but not by a huge margin, or maybe even not even by a big one at all.

Tai Lung
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Tai Lung » Sun Nov 25, 2018 6:43 pm

It seems a bit strange to me that many think that gogeta is now stronger than vegito
at least for me there should be ps of kefla and merged zamasu for vegito since this was stronger than its union elements (caulifla, kale, zamasu) that includes that kefla could only be defeated by the ultra instinct and vegito must be superior
in any case they should be comparable

TheMikado
I Live Here

Post by TheMikado » Sun Nov 25, 2018 7:03 pm

Tai Lung wrote:It seems a bit strange to me that many think that gogeta is now stronger than vegito
at least for me there should be ps of kefla and merged zamasu for vegito since this was stronger than its union elements (caulifla, kale, zamasu) that includes that kefla could only be defeated by the ultra instinct and vegito must be superior
I’m not sure of the full context yet but maybe Gogeya isn’t as time restrained. I don’t know. Maybe the DB fusions game is actually canon now? Personally it’s starting to feel like digimon to me.

Tai Lung
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Tai Lung » Sun Nov 25, 2018 7:11 pm

TheMikado wrote:
Tai Lung wrote:It seems a bit strange to me that many think that gogeta is now stronger than vegito
I’m not sure of the full context yet but maybe Gogeya isn’t as time restrained. I don’t know. Maybe the DB fusions game is actually canon now? Personally it’s starting to feel like digimon to me.
vegito used a lot of power with zamasu because he was immortal and he healed of all injuries
is not the case of broly is not immortal and can not be cured in addition to that gogeta began to fight on base and then in ssj, the wear is less the last attack will be in SSJB therefore the fusion time will not wear out

Luso Saiyan
Advanced Regular

Post by Luso Saiyan » Sun Nov 25, 2018 7:26 pm

Marlowe89 wrote:
The kanji is borderline illegible in that photo. I wonder if the description under Tarble mentions the 2008 special.
https://twitter.com/Herms98/status/1066815775753723904