Episode #0116 (17 February 2007)

We cover anything and everything Dragon Ball in hopes of enlightening... and a little bit of entertaining. Hosted every week by the Kanzenshuu staff and regular special guests from the professional and fandom communities. Your first, best, last, and only Dragon Ball podcast!

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

DBZGirl

Post by DBZGirl » Sun Feb 24, 2008 8:48 pm

sailorspazz wrote:That East coast pronunciation of 'Oregon' always gets to me....

The JET program discussion reminds me of the situation I was in a couple of years ago....I got stuck in the same waiting list purgatory as Julian. Because it's totally not a big deal to put your life on hold for six months while they decide whether to hire you or not :roll:

As for doing strange things with characters' names....well, I used to play a Mah Jong solitaire computer game, and since I was the only one in my family who played it, I put all the high score names as anime characters (including DBZ, of course). Since I cycled through characters from tons of series, and DBZ came pretty early on, I don't think many of the DBZ characters' scores held up for too long.

Also, in the game "Age of Empires III", for each country you play for, you get to name your explorer, and one of mine is named Vegeta ^_^

Yeah, it sounded a lot like Oreagain. After awhile I figured out what they were really saying. It's kinda like when people pronounce Washington like Warshington. Whatever.

Oh yeah, the podcast. I greatly enjoy these kinds of episodes, when you just sit back and talk about things that make me laugh.

What I used to do, like Meri, was name Sims characters after DBZ names and do some crazy random stuff to them. And I named pretty much all my pets after DBZ names. I have a dog name Gohan, a cat named Karin, another dog named Vegeta, another dog named Goku, and 2 fishes, one named ChiChi, and another named Goten.

Fun times, this podcast. =]
*Can almost always be found running through streets singing a random DBZ song*