"Sparking! METEOR" Help Thread

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Xyex
I Live Here

Post by Xyex » Sun Jan 13, 2008 6:11 pm

What's the best place and fastest way of getting the Dragonballs? I'm almost done with the entire story mode (just movies and what-ifs left) and I've only got 4 of them. :?
Avys ~ DA account ~ Fanfiction ~ Chat Quotes
<Kaboom> I'm just glad that he now sounds more like Invader Zim than Rita Repulsa
<Xyex> Original Freeza never sounded like a chick to me.
<Kaboom> Neither does Rita
<Xyex> Good point.

Rocketman
Namekian Warrior

Post by Rocketman » Sun Jan 13, 2008 6:18 pm

Xyex wrote:What's the best place and fastest way of getting the Dragonballs? I'm almost done with the entire story mode (just movies and what-ifs left) and I've only got 4 of them. :?
Win the standard World Tournament. I always seem to get a Dragonball when I do.

DNA
I Live Here

Post by DNA » Sun Jan 13, 2008 6:20 pm

Fight an easy city fight, like Slug's and bash all the buildings using Dragon Dash, you're bound to run into one. Then all you have to do is win the fight :3

Xyex
I Live Here

Post by Xyex » Sun Jan 13, 2008 6:38 pm

DNA wrote:Fight an easy city fight, like Slug's and bash all the buildings using Dragon Dash, you're bound to run into one. Then all you have to do is win the fight :3
Alright, thanks.
Avys ~ DA account ~ Fanfiction ~ Chat Quotes
<Kaboom> I'm just glad that he now sounds more like Invader Zim than Rita Repulsa
<Xyex> Original Freeza never sounded like a chick to me.
<Kaboom> Neither does Rita
<Xyex> Good point.

Big Momma
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Big Momma » Mon Jan 14, 2008 2:27 am

I'm not sure if this in in Tenkaichi 3, but in the other games, I just played a fight on the lookout tower. The dragonball is always in that main building. Just smash it.(The city is good too, but the tower has less smashing...save your ki for the enemy, soldier!)
Rocketman(In response to a post about Pandora's Box) wrote: I sat here for ten damn minutes wondering what the hell God of War had to do with any of this.
Insertclevername wrote:I plan to lose my virginity to Dragon Box 2.
Youtube | Art/Animation Blog

Gyt Kaliba
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Gyt Kaliba » Mon Jan 14, 2008 2:33 am

I second the City battle idea, but IMO the best place to do that is the last battle of the Androids/Cell Saga, with Future Trunks against Imperfect Cell. Cell more or less leaves you alone, giving you plenty of free time to destroy some buildings to get the Dragon Balls. And this is also one of the few levels where pressing R3 to accelerate the fight helps rather than hinders (the second time it comes up you automatically kill Cell. No 'bad guy gets more health for you to fight him AGAIN' in this level :lol: ).
AniManga Travelogue - Currently Reviewing: Dragon Ball (Z)
Twitter
Switch Friend Code: SW-0745-6427-7791 (let's play some Dragon Ball: The Breakers!)

DNA
I Live Here

Post by DNA » Mon Jan 14, 2008 8:21 am

You also have Hildegarn battle. You just have to survive :P
But it's not always a guaranteed suceed because giants smash buildings just by walking... but it's still a medium/easy battle.

Edit:
Big Momma: You made me remember that I wanted a Destroyed Kami's Temple stage T_T

El Diabeetus
I Live Here

Post by El Diabeetus » Fri Jan 25, 2008 4:52 pm

It's not really about help with the game but:

Today I got Sparking! Meteor [JPN PS2] what Boot Disc do I need to make it work on my American PS2?

Now I have 2 copies of Budokai Tenkaichi 3 , 1 for Wii, 1 for PS2 and 1 copy of Sparking! Meteor for PS2.

Raki
I Live Here

Post by Raki » Fri Feb 08, 2008 10:29 am

I just rented the game for the last 5 days. Pretty good game,but the Cell Games on Level 3 was a bitch.
The series doesn't start with the arrival of Raditz. Stop being lazy and watch Dragonball.

SonEric84
Banned

Post by SonEric84 » Fri Feb 08, 2008 1:14 pm

SSJ4 Furanki wrote:It's not really about help with the game but:

Today I got Sparking! Meteor [JPN PS2] what Boot Disc do I need to make it work on my American PS2?

Now I have 2 copies of Budokai Tenkaichi 3 , 1 for Wii, 1 for PS2 and 1 copy of Sparking! Meteor for PS2.

You can get swap magic to play it.
Trans rights, now!

El Diabeetus
I Live Here

Post by El Diabeetus » Fri Feb 08, 2008 5:14 pm

SonEric84 wrote:
SSJ4 Furanki wrote:It's not really about help with the game but:

You can get swap magic to play it.
Thanks, I had a feeling that's what I need but I wasn't sure. Thanks for clearing that up. :)

Anonymous Friend
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Anonymous Friend » Mon Feb 11, 2008 3:06 am

Raki wrote:I just rented the game for the last 5 days. Pretty good game,but the Cell Games on Level 3 was a bitch.
What you can do is give Syn Shinron the "Majin Seal" and some Ki and Super and spam the B2.

And for the Dragonball search, I used the Tournaments. I knew that I would need money, so I played through all the level three tournys and every three or so I got a dragonball.
Playstation Network ID/Xbox Gamer Tag: AnonymousFriend
Wii FriendCode: 1003 3740 6652 4063

Saiyavenger2941
Advanced Regular

Post by Saiyavenger2941 » Tue Feb 26, 2008 8:15 am

Anonymous Friend wrote:
Raki wrote:I just rented the game for the last 5 days. Pretty good game,but the Cell Games on Level 3 was a bitch.
What you can do is give Syn Shinron the "Majin Seal" and some Ki and Super and spam the B2.
Really, all you need is a leveled up character. I beat the level three Cell Games with my Videl, so I know for a fact that you don't need any certain character to win.
[color=#30966E][b]PROUDLY Straight-Edge. Arrogant. Gohan and Videl obsessed. BE JEALOUS![/b][/color]
---
[url=http://bit.ly/F3l7t]DA[/url]|[url=http://bit.ly/2FC03o]FFNet[/url]|[url=http://bit.ly/pE5Xs]Youtube[/url]|[url=http://bit.ly/lCOED]Facebook[/url]|[url=http://bit.ly/rWFtp]Livejournal[/url]|[url=http://bit.ly/zrd4v]Twitter[/url]|[url=http://bit.ly/pYRHD]Flickr[/url]|PSN: Saiyavenger

PrincessVegeta
Banned

Post by PrincessVegeta » Tue Feb 26, 2008 7:45 pm

I've just recently gotten through the Easy mode of Dragon History and have finished the other sections of the game and unlocked all of the characters. And was wondering if it's really worth going through the other difficulty levels in Dragon History.

If so...

What do you obtain from it?

Is their a way of the game displaying that you've gotten through an higher difficulty level on the same saga you chose like before. Or some way of it indicating that you got through a more difficult setting like DBZ BT2 had.

I'm curious since I got through Saiyan saga in Normal mode and I still only have 1 star next to my cleared scenarios... what gives @-@; Shouldn't I have two stars now

Please answer my questions.
The Ultimate Funimation Fangirl.

Anonymous Friend

Post by Anonymous Friend » Fri Feb 29, 2008 12:57 pm

PrincessVegeta wrote:I've just recently gotten through the Easy mode of Dragon History and have finished the other sections of the game and unlocked all of the characters. And was wondering if it's really worth going through the other difficulty levels in Dragon History.

If so...

What do you obtain from it?

Is their a way of the game displaying that you've gotten through an higher difficulty level on the same saga you chose like before. Or some way of it indicating that you got through a more difficult setting like DBZ BT2 had.

I'm curious since I got through Saiyan saga in Normal mode and I still only have 1 star next to my cleared scenarios... what gives @-@; Shouldn't I have two stars now

Please answer my questions.
You don't get anything really but more Zenis for the higher difficulty. And if you're really hurting for those just go thru the Ultimate Battle missions and do some level three tournies. I just started going thru the story for a second time on hard but with the Japanese audio on, even though I have everything and more than enough Zeni to level up all the characters.

If you purchase all the patara from Launch and get the ones from the Ultimate Battles you get Lauches Support which give you extra Zeni from Story mode.

NeptuneKai
I Live Here

Post by NeptuneKai » Sun Mar 02, 2008 7:34 pm

What is the fastest way to earn Zeni?
Aro started to laugh. “Ha, ha, ha,” he chuckled.- Actual quote from Twilight

Anonymous Friend

Post by Anonymous Friend » Tue Mar 04, 2008 6:08 pm

NeptuneKai wrote:What is the fastest way to earn Zeni?
I'd say tourneys. If you do them on hard you get around 8-10 thousand each and every three or four you do you get a dragonball.

Anonymous Friend

Post by Anonymous Friend » Thu Mar 13, 2008 12:29 pm

Does anyone have any special set-ups they are using for different kinds of characters, such as the regular androids and the ones that can absorb energy? Or just any character at all?

Casual Matt
Advanced Regular

Post by Casual Matt » Thu Mar 13, 2008 1:54 pm

Saiyavenger2941 wrote:
Anonymous Friend wrote:
Really, all you need is a leveled up character. I beat the level three Cell Games with my Videl, so I know for a fact that you don't need any certain character to win.
I used second form Cell just because his Drain Life totally comes in handy there.

Saimaroimaru
Advanced Regular

Post by Saimaroimaru » Thu Mar 13, 2008 7:13 pm

Xyex wrote:What's the best place and fastest way of getting the Dragonballs? I'm almost done with the entire story mode (just movies and what-ifs left) and I've only got 4 of them. :?
At gamefaqs we came up with three ways to get them:
Easier DragonBalls:
Method 1: Do a world tournament(dosen't matter which one) in the Dragon World Tour hing and beat it at level 2 or 3. Level 1 however will not get you a dragonball. If so at a low percentage rate.(very low)
The level 2 Tournaments have a lower rate of giving you a dragonball than level 3. You must beat the tournament and runer-up does not count. Remember even if you win a level 3 Tournament dosen't mean your guaranteed a dragonball just a better chance of getting one.
Note* This does not apply to the part of the tournanment where you can fight your friends.

Method 2:Go to Dragon History go to the Android Saga and do the first battle/sene there. While fighting go towards on of the destructable mini-mountains and do a rush(L2 + X) towards the rock, and go through it and there is a chance that you will get a dragonball. If no then do it again on another one till you get onw and if there is no dragonball in that stage then exit and do the scene all over again till you get one. I f you get one( you will know cause there will be a dragonball in the top middle) of the screen then clear the stage and woolah! You didn't have to go through a long tournament and the same number of battles on a tournament could get you five dragonballs 5 times easier.Oh yeah the last battle in the Cell saga is good too.The Majin Buu saga is also a good place to do Dragonball hunting just the first 4 or 3 boards though.

Method 3
Go to the Android saga and pick the fight where SS2Gohan has to fight the 4 Cell Jr.'s
1. SS2Gohan is uber strong in this fight (2x Dragon Homing and Vanishing Crush is one dead Cell Jr.
2. The Cell Jr.'s fly away from you, so you have enough time to search for the dragonball. Try to find the DB before fighting with the Cell Jr.

Tip: Count the Cell Jr.'s. CHARGE to MAX Power when the 4th Cell Jr. is almost dead. Defeat the cell jr. and Cell comes to fight you. You're still in MAX Power now. Use Father-son Kamehameha. If you still have enough energy when Cell comes, you can hit him a couple of times before using FSK.
After it hits, use Power up to the very limit and use it again. Cell = x_x
If Cell is still alive, you can active a cutscene. Gohan does Super Kamehameha in the cutscene = win.

I am known as Hello10000 there by they way.
Last edited by Saimaroimaru on Tue Mar 18, 2008 4:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.