Vic Mignogna

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

sintzu
Banned

Re: Vic Mignogna

Post by sintzu » Fri Apr 05, 2019 10:08 am

XanatosVanBadass wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2019 10:03 am We may never know the full truth, but I prefer to be cautious just in case. Listen. And. Believe.
This is one situation where we should just listen until it's completely over and all the facts are out. What I do believe is that the truth is somewhere in the middle of all this but it will take time to come out.
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

XanatosVanBadass
Banned

Post by XanatosVanBadass » Fri Apr 05, 2019 10:17 am

sintzu wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2019 10:08 am
XanatosVanBadass wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2019 10:03 am We may never know the full truth, but I prefer to be cautious just in case. Listen. And. Believe.
This is one situation where we should just listen until it's completely over and all the facts are out. What I do believe is that the truth is somewhere in the middle of all this but it will take time to come out.
Imagine being so centrist in THIS day and age. Seriously, both sides arguments are killing us.

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Fri Apr 05, 2019 10:22 am

XanatosVanBadass wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2019 10:17 amImagine being so centrist in THIS day and age. Seriously, both sides arguments are killing us.
Unless there's a court case and a judge says this and that happened, we're going to be stuck with he said, she said. I haven't been completely keeping up with this so has court even come up yet ?

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Post by VegettoEX » Fri Apr 05, 2019 10:25 am

I'm sorry you're not up on the conversation, but we're not doing the "but the court can/will settle this definitively once and for all!" song and dance again. Please take the time to review things.
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

ssj4
Beyond Newbie

Post by ssj4 » Fri Apr 05, 2019 10:27 am

VegettoEX wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2019 9:42 am
ssj4 wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2019 9:33 am So, is asking questions appropriate or not
Honest, made-in-good-faith questions are never a problem.
Oh, I meant to the guy who said he talked with Monica's moderation team on FB

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Fri Apr 05, 2019 10:32 am

VegettoEX wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2019 10:25 am We're not doing the "but the court can/will settle this definitively once and for all!" song and dance again.
Of course even a court won't put an end to everything but whatever a judge says will be more reliable than what we have now. It will at least give us a better idea to what's going on.

XanatosVanBadass
Banned

Post by XanatosVanBadass » Fri Apr 05, 2019 10:34 am

sintzu wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2019 10:22 am
XanatosVanBadass wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2019 10:17 amImagine being so centrist in THIS day and age. Seriously, both sides arguments are killing us.
Unless there's a court case and a judge says this and that happened, we're going to be stuck with he said, she said. I haven't been completely keeping up with this so has court even come up yet ?
This will likely never go to court. This isn’t about legalities as much as it is ethical and moral behavior. As such, I’d rather us as a society be overly cautious with predators than overly lax.

Fionordequester
I Live Here

Post by Fionordequester » Fri Apr 05, 2019 12:38 pm

VegettoEX wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2019 8:32 am Leave the journalism to the journalists.

Also PDFs can be trivially edited and manipulated come the eff on guys it's 2019.
If it matters at all, I asked the guy if he thought I should stop. But instead, he told me to keep doing what I was doing; just make a new doc, and only share it with someone who could get it to the right people.

I've done so. No one but the guy can see this new doc, and I will continue to work, while being far more cautious.
Kataphrut wrote:It's a bit of a Boy Who Cried Wolf situation to me...Basically, the boy shouldn't have cried wolf when the wolves just wanted to Go See Yamcha. If not, they might have gotten some help when the wolves came back to Make the Donuts.
Chuquita wrote:I liken Gokû Black to "guy can't stand his job, so instead of quitting and finding a job he likes, he instead sets fire not only to his workplace so he doesn't have to work there, but tries setting fire to every store in the franchise of that company".

Mooreish
Beyond Newbie

Post by Mooreish » Fri Apr 05, 2019 2:59 pm

...dude that’s a dangerous mindset to have. You can’t just have faith in believing anymore. Did we not just figure this out with Johnny depp and amber heard?

Mooreish
Beyond Newbie

Post by Mooreish » Fri Apr 05, 2019 3:03 pm

XanatosVanBadass wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2019 7:52 am
Fionordequester wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2019 3:40 am You know, thinking of it now... I think I misunderstood the guy's statement. I thought he was saying all the Dragon Ball Youtubers on #IStandWithVic were hatemongers... But actually, there were only three (aside from Nick Rekieta, of course) that he singled out. These are...

1) Super Girl, (A.K.A, Black Itachi, Perfection, or "That guy that claimed he got doxxed by Jessika")

2) SENPAiSHOME

3) That Umbrella Guy

Those are the main three guys starting all the malicious rumors, according to him. The rest very well could be just sincerely wrong. No confirmation one way or the other.
And even then... the vast majority of Vic supporters are hateful Altright garbage. It’s not just a “few bad apples”. That thinking is dangerous.
...so just because I have the same amount of faith as you people do believing in people saying they were victims of something in my belief that Vic might not be as bad as everyone says he is, that makes me a racist sexist bigot...uhuh, I see what you’re doing now.

Cursed Lemon
Advanced Regular

Post by Cursed Lemon » Fri Apr 05, 2019 3:05 pm

Mooreish wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2019 3:03 pm
...so just because I have the same amount of faith as you people do believing in people saying they were victims of something in my belief that Vic might not be as bad as everyone says he is, that makes me a racist sexist bigot...uhuh, I see what you’re doing now.
We have a few dozen more levels of credibility above your "belief". That's what stacking accusations do.
Special Beam Cannon!

(゚Д゚)σ 弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌⊃

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Post by VegettoEX » Fri Apr 05, 2019 3:08 pm

Fionordequester wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2019 12:38 pm If it matters at all, I asked the guy if he thought I should stop. But instead, he told me to keep doing what I was doing; just make a new doc, and only share it with someone who could get it to the right people.

I've done so. No one but the guy can see this new doc, and I will continue to work, while being far more cautious.
Look, I don't know you, but from what I can gather... you're probably not someone that should be "doing" anything with regard to this situation. It has nothing to do with you, you're not close enough to any sources, people with actual background in this stuff are already doing the necessary reporting anyway, etc.

Not everyone is an investigative reporter and not everyone needs to be involved in everything.
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

KBABZ
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by KBABZ » Fri Apr 05, 2019 3:14 pm

Mooreish wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2019 3:03 pm ...so just because I have the same amount of faith as you people do believing in people saying they were victims of something in my belief that Vic might not be as bad as everyone says he is, that makes me a racist sexist bigot...uhuh, I see what you’re doing now.
I agree that it isn't fair to lump everyone on the opposing side together, but the point is that at a certain point the sheer overwhelming amount of evidence from such a wide amount of sources over such a large period of time should remove any other conclusion.

I think at best, Vic is someone who is too oblivious and naive to realize that what he's doing is gross and wrong, and says "okay I'll change I promise" in a sincere but ultimately farcical manner, assuming what Rial has said is accurate.

Fionordequester
I Live Here

Post by Fionordequester » Fri Apr 05, 2019 3:48 pm

VegettoEX wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2019 3:08 pm Look, I don't know you, but from what I can gather... you're probably not someone that should be "doing" anything with regard to this situation.
I don't NEED to be "doing" anything in order for this to be a worthwhile exercise.

I went about compiling everything with the idea that I, and MAYBE a few random people on Twitter or Youtube, would be the only ones to benefit from my research. I wasn't trying to strike fear into the heart of evil, or anything... I was doing this only for myself; so that I wouldn't become complacent in regards to issues of social justice.

Kind of like praying to God, even though I know that he'll probably do what's best regardless of whether or not I pray. It's still good for character formation.
VegettoEX wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2019 3:08 pm[P]eople with actual background in this stuff are already doing the necessary reporting anyway, etc.
...Are there? I certainly wasn't aware of anyone up till now; unless you happen to have some confidential information. If not, most of what I see being "reported" are rumors propagated by Vic's supporters.
VegettoEX wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2019 3:08 pmNot everyone is an investigative reporter and not everyone needs to be involved in everything.
I have a lot of free time. If I weren't doing this, I'd just be spending the day playing video games, after coming home from my job. It's no skin off my nose.
Kataphrut wrote:It's a bit of a Boy Who Cried Wolf situation to me...Basically, the boy shouldn't have cried wolf when the wolves just wanted to Go See Yamcha. If not, they might have gotten some help when the wolves came back to Make the Donuts.
Chuquita wrote:I liken Gokû Black to "guy can't stand his job, so instead of quitting and finding a job he likes, he instead sets fire not only to his workplace so he doesn't have to work there, but tries setting fire to every store in the franchise of that company".

Mooreish
Beyond Newbie

Post by Mooreish » Fri Apr 05, 2019 4:09 pm

Cursed Lemon wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2019 3:05 pm
Mooreish wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2019 3:03 pm
We have a few dozen more levels of credibility above your "belief". That's what stacking accusations do.
I'm sorry for bringing up politics, but what about Covington and Jussie? What about Michael Jackson? What about mueller. Look these are the only big ones I know that had a lot of people saying they were true but ended up being all one big lie. The mj one I’m counting because evidence keeps coming out that makes him out to not be a pedo.

Mooreish
Beyond Newbie

Post by Mooreish » Fri Apr 05, 2019 4:10 pm

KBABZ wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2019 3:14 pm
Mooreish wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2019 3:03 pm ...so just because I have the same amount of faith as you people do believing in people saying they were victims of something in my belief that Vic might not be as bad as everyone says he is, that makes me a racist sexist bigot...uhuh, I see what you’re doing now.
I agree that it isn't fair to lump everyone on the opposing side together, but the point is that at a certain point the sheer overwhelming amount of evidence from such a wide amount of sources over such a large period of time should remove any other conclusion.

I think at best, Vic is someone who is too oblivious and naive to realize that what he's doing is gross and wrong, and says "okay I'll change I promise" in a sincere but ultimately farcical manner, assuming what Rial has said is accurate.
...so Benny from of mice and men.

KBABZ
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by KBABZ » Fri Apr 05, 2019 4:12 pm

Mooreish wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2019 4:10 pm

Haven't read that one, so I'll go with Master Roshi himself except the characters reprimand him for his actions.

Mooreish
Beyond Newbie

Post by Mooreish » Fri Apr 05, 2019 4:16 pm

KBABZ wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2019 4:12 pm
Mooreish wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2019 4:10 pm

Haven't read that one, so I'll go with Master Roshi himself except the characters reprimand him for his actions.
...you do know how much of a Christian Vic is right? He got separate rooms for him and Michelle when they were dating because he didn’t believe in doing stuff before marriage.

Fionordequester
I Live Here

Post by Fionordequester » Fri Apr 05, 2019 4:30 pm

Mooreish wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2019 4:16 pm ...you do know how much of a Christian Vic is right? He got separate rooms for him and Michelle when they were dating because he didn’t believe in doing stuff before marriage.
Yes... And he also cheated on her. He himself said that, while defending himself from one of the accusations against him.

Polyphase Avatron
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Polyphase Avatron » Fri Apr 05, 2019 5:18 pm

Jussie Smollet's little stunt was proven to be a hoax days after it happened. If anything it just shows how easy it is to expose actual false allegations. Meanwhile, Vic has decades of history doing this stuff, and dozens of independent accusations from unrelated people, and the best that his defenders can come up with is 'some of the victims were rude so their complaints shouldn't count' and 'it's possible that some of the accusations could be false'.
Cool stuff that I upload here because Youtube will copyright claim it: https://vimeo.com/user60967147