AMVs in different languages.

Any general discussion regarding fan-created works of the Dragon Ball franchise, including AMVs, fan-art, fan-fiction, etc.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Alice
Not-So-Newbie

AMVs in different languages.

Post by Alice » Sun Sep 02, 2007 4:05 pm

There's a Dragonball AMV I really want to make but the song I will be using is in German. I think it works even if you don't speak any German. It's a really over the top silly song, it may actually be more fun if you don't understand it. I'm a little worried, though, whether or not anyone who does not would bother to watch a AMV that's in a language they don't speak. So, honestly, if you were just surfing around and came across it, would you bother watching something like that long enough to get into it?

Rocketman
Namekian Warrior

Post by Rocketman » Sun Sep 02, 2007 4:19 pm

If it's not Du Hast, I'd give it a listen.

Alice
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Alice » Sun Sep 02, 2007 6:31 pm

Rocketman wrote:If it's not Du Hast, I'd give it a listen.
Good god, no. :P

nwoo_2002
Beyond Newbie

Post by nwoo_2002 » Sat Mar 22, 2008 3:36 pm

Been looking for a AMV's from Japan after finding a real Kenshin gem, seems more authentic when I hear Japanese music with the video. If theres a topic on this I apologise first time posting in this section but has anyone found any Japanese made AMV's of Dragon Ball Z worth watching?

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Post by VegettoEX » Sat Mar 22, 2008 4:40 pm

nwoo_2002 wrote:Been looking for a AMV's from Japan after finding a real Kenshin gem, seems more authentic when I hear Japanese music with the video. If theres a topic on this I apologise first time posting in this section but has anyone found any Japanese made AMV's of Dragon Ball Z worth watching?
Little bit of a necropost, there, but no biggie.

Did the Kenshin video in question happen to be this one? If so, it wasn't made by a Japanese person :P.

I'm also curious if anyone has seen any DBZ videos by a Japanese fan that are actually worth watching, preferably one with Japanese lyrics that was done in a similar style to the standard American AMV, rather than a MAD... not that I've seen any really good DBZ MADs, either...
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

nwoo_2002
Beyond Newbie

Post by nwoo_2002 » Sat Mar 22, 2008 6:56 pm

Nah it was made up of Manga panels. I wanted to link to it but being a Dragon Ball forum I decided not to. However, seeing how you linked to one yourself I'll link to this one 8):
http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=6jGyQQ8hEuo

I would love to see some Japanese made Dragon Ball videos though, get their take on certain aspects of the series.