Dragon Ball Z: Burst Limit - General Discussion

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Wed Mar 26, 2008 12:42 am

Did they have to stick the 9000 meme in there at the end?
Can't the game sell itself without that tacked on?

I forgot how much the lyrics to "Rock the Dragon" make me cringe.
If they're gonna use it can't they just leave it lyric-less?
The only thing I like from that song is the guitar solo near the end.

I don't have anything against Falconer's score except that I find it very forgettable. Aside from the whistle-like song that played when Vegeta fought 19 (because it seemed distinct against the others he did), I couldn't remember any of the music off the top of my head.

The Japanese score on the other hand I fondly remember and could probably hum a good bit of the songs from. :mrgreen:
My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

Brad Redfield
Regular

Post by Brad Redfield » Wed Mar 26, 2008 1:01 am

I found it odd that they used the "Rock the Dragon" song straight from the original opening with the sound effects and Ocean voices included. What happened to the Budokai version?

...I really hate that Over 9000 joke. It wasn't really that funny to begin with not to mention Sabat just can't pull that scene off like Drummond did.

Kunzait_83
I Live Here

Post by Kunzait_83 » Wed Mar 26, 2008 10:41 am

b
Last edited by Kunzait_83 on Sun May 01, 2011 10:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
http://80s90sdragonballart.tumblr.com/

Kunzait's Wuxia Thread
Journey to the West, chapter 26 wrote:The strong man will meet someone stronger still:
Come to naught at last he surely will!
Zephyr wrote:And that's to say nothing of how pretty much impossible it is to capture what made the original run of the series so great. I'm in the generation of fans that started with Toonami, so I totally empathize with the feeling of having "missed the party", experiencing disappointment, and wanting to experience it myself. But I can't, that's how life is. Time is a bitch. The party is over. Kageyama, Kikuchi, and Maeda are off the sauce now; Yanami almost OD'd; Yamamoto got arrested; Toriyama's not going to light trash cans on fire and hang from the chandelier anymore. We can't get the band back together, and even if we could, everyone's either old, in poor health, or calmed way the fuck down. Best we're going to get, and are getting, is a party that's almost entirely devoid of the magic that made the original one so awesome that we even want more.
Kamiccolo9 wrote:It grinds my gears that people get "outraged" over any of this stuff. It's a fucking cartoon. If you are that determined to be angry about something, get off the internet and make a stand for something that actually matters.
Rocketman wrote:"Shonen" basically means "stupid sentimental shit" anyway, so it's ok to be anti-shonen.

LaRésistance
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by LaRésistance » Wed Mar 26, 2008 9:36 pm

I don't know if they've already been shown here but here are the PAL Burst Limit covers : http://www.gamick.fr/2008/03/dbz-burst-limit.html
The résistance dies but never gives up.

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Wed Mar 26, 2008 11:41 pm

I've seen that image somewhere before (one of the older scans?) and I like how Freeza and Cell look on it.

Goku's seems a bit generic but he looks better than he did on Sparking Meteor's cover.
My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

Slickmasterfunk
Regular

Post by Slickmasterfunk » Thu Mar 27, 2008 1:18 am

Seems like Donny Clay is doing another blog through IGN.com for this game, just like he did with "Budokai Tenkaichi 3"

Just in case you cared. :wink:

http://blogs.ign.com/Atari_DragonBallZ/ ... /26/85004/

Demi
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Demi » Sun Mar 30, 2008 6:50 pm

Chuquita wrote:Can't the game sell itself without that tacked on?
... people say some stupid things don't they. It was just a little fan service to amuse people, who really cares that a trailer has that for 3 seconds right at the end.

Nyoibo
Beyond Newbie

Post by Nyoibo » Tue Apr 01, 2008 9:19 am

kvon
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by kvon » Thu Apr 03, 2008 4:52 pm

kvon is an alternative name to Kevin

Freeza93
Beyond Newbie

Post by Freeza93 » Thu Apr 03, 2008 5:00 pm

Woot, England!
I finally bought a gamecube. To bad they don't make any games for it now.

Supa Saiya-Jin Tullece
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Supa Saiya-Jin Tullece » Thu Apr 03, 2008 6:05 pm

Alright, bulleting various pet peeves:

-Doesn't say anything about Akira Toriyama when talking about the Manga.

-Pronounces Toei "Toy-yay" instead of "Toh-aye'

-Says "We" eight times.

-Doesn't mention specific release date.

He doesn't mention anything new, but we do see a new Freeza costume, him without his armor in 1st form. No other reason to watch this video.

DominatorLost
Beyond Newbie

Post by DominatorLost » Fri Apr 04, 2008 1:48 am

I don't think others are as in-touch as we are with this game, and the complains about not mentioning Toriyama, among others, just sounds childish.

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Post by VegettoEX » Fri Apr 04, 2008 8:32 am

DominatorLost wrote:I don't think others are as in-touch as we are with this game, and the complains about not mentioning Toriyama, among others, just sounds childish.
I will easily admit that it's not necessary to mention Toriyama in every single interview, but as I've made mention of in the past (and others have brought up), the constant over-use of the word "we" by Atari is slightly infuriating.

We know the company can barely keep themselves afloat right now, we know that the game is entirely developed in Japan, etc. They're not fooling fans like us, and that's slightly irritating that they take all the credit for it. They've gotten better over the years (eventually acknowledging people like Ryo Mita, Dimps, Spike, etc.)... but it's still to haughty for my taste.
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

NeptuneKai
I Live Here

Post by NeptuneKai » Fri Apr 04, 2008 10:44 am

The character models look so sexy.
Aro started to laugh. “Ha, ha, ha,” he chuckled.- Actual quote from Twilight

mystic trunks
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by mystic trunks » Fri Apr 04, 2008 11:10 am

NeptuneKai wrote:The character models look so sexy.
Goku Looks simply amazing in that short vid.

DominatorLost
Beyond Newbie

Post by DominatorLost » Fri Apr 04, 2008 12:46 pm

That art of Cell and Freeze being used for the cover art has been recycled from an old Trunks poster. Also, the Goku on it I thought was from BT2.

Shenron
Beyond Newbie

Post by Shenron » Fri Apr 04, 2008 4:51 pm

DominatorLost wrote:That art of Cell and Freeze being used for the cover art has been recycled from an old Trunks poster. Also, the Goku on it I thought was from BT2.
Wrong. Cell, Freeza and Goku have been taken from two illustrations of Daizenshuu #1 :

http://images.myfavoritegames.com/galle ... rivals.jpg
http://images.myfavoritegames.com/galle ... osing4.jpg
[url=http://profile.mygamercard.net/Blue+Shenron][img]http://card.mygamercard.net/gbar/Blue+Shenron.gif[/img][/url]
[url=http://vanesshenron.deviantart.com/]Deviantart[/url]

kvon
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by kvon » Fri Apr 04, 2008 11:01 pm

GameSpot's first look.

Still nothing about the BGM. Why is everybody avoiding this issue? Since they mentioned the audio by confirming both the Japanese and English VA, why not discuss the BGM at all? This is Sparking! Meteor all over again, never addressing what we're actually getting. Maybe they're going to say that "we're getting the 'Japanese' music again." This is Dimps that we're talking about here, and if they were really serious about putting out remixes of the music from the anime (I think this was confirmed), they can probably do a good job, unlike Spike who cheaply synthesized the BGM with no arrangements or remixing involved. And I really hope FUNimation's music doesn't find its way to this game. Here's hoping that Kenji Yamamoto or any other composers will not be doing the mediocre substitute music for us again, because changing the music derails the type of experience that Dimps prepared for us from the very beginning.

Other than that, I can't wait to play the game. It's cartoon in HD!
kvon is an alternative name to Kevin

Freeza93
Beyond Newbie

Post by Freeza93 » Sat Apr 05, 2008 5:31 am

kvon wrote:GameSpot's first look.

Still nothing about the BGM. Why is everybody avoiding this issue? Since they mentioned the audio by confirming both the Japanese and English VA, why not discuss the BGM at all? This is Sparking! Meteor all over again, never addressing what we're actually getting. Maybe they're going to say that "we're getting the 'Japanese' music again." This is Dimps that we're talking about here, and if they were really serious about putting out remixes of the music from the anime (I think this was confirmed), they can probably do a good job, unlike Spike who cheaply synthesized the BGM with no arrangements or remixing involved. And I really hope FUNimation's music doesn't find its way to this game. Here's hoping that Kenji Yamamoto or any other composers will not be doing the mediocre substitute music for us again, because changing the music derails the type of experience that Dimps prepared for us from the very beginning.

Other than that, I can't wait to play the game. It's cartoon in HD!
gamespot wrote:Expect the special kind of rock music that only DBZ could roll with
I finally bought a gamecube. To bad they don't make any games for it now.