The Best Dragon Ball dub?

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Alex9196
Beyond Newbie

Re: The Best Dragon Ball dub?

Post by Alex9196 » Wed Jun 24, 2015 6:56 pm

i like funimations dub, i think most of the voice actors are fitting the character perfectly. i didnt hear that many other dubs, but furiza from the japanese dub sounds even better than funimations in my opinion.

SaintEvolution
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by SaintEvolution » Thu Jun 25, 2015 7:37 am

Alex9196 wrote:i like funimations dub, i think most of the voice actors are fitting the character perfectly. i didnt hear that many other dubs, but furiza from the japanese dub sounds even better than funimations in my opinion.
Funimation Z or Kai?

Also, I recomend to you to see one of the dub comparisons I have posted here in the topic, in the first posts.

Alex9196
Beyond Newbie

Post by Alex9196 » Thu Jun 25, 2015 7:55 am

i didnt watch kai, i like the normal dbz, i know not all of it is accurately translated but i still like it

SaintEvolution
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by SaintEvolution » Thu Jun 25, 2015 6:00 pm

Alex9196 wrote:i didnt watch kai, i like the normal dbz, i know not all of it is accurately translated but i still like it
I understand the nostalgic reasons you have.

SaintEvolution
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by SaintEvolution » Fri Jun 26, 2015 8:18 am

Anyone knows if there is a finnish dub? I want to know that.

Probably it there is, it would be a medium acted work with a bad translation based in the french one. But I want to know if there is.

sangofe
Kicks it Old-School

Post by sangofe » Fri Jun 26, 2015 3:31 pm

SaintEvolution wrote:Anyone knows if there is a finnish dub? I want to know that.

Probably it there is, it would be a medium acted work with a bad translation based in the french one. But I want to know if there is.
As far as I know, they just aired the english dub with finnish subs.

SaintEvolution
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by SaintEvolution » Sat Jun 27, 2015 9:54 pm

sangofe wrote:
SaintEvolution wrote:Anyone knows if there is a finnish dub? I want to know that.

As far as I know, they just aired the english dub with finnish subs.
So it was the same thing that happened in Netherlands.

Also, I had saw some clips from the Valencian dub, and it's a great dub in acting. The scripts are from the French version, but in acting, it's better than the spanish and other european dubs. It's a lame that they didn't did the Buu arc, or Kai, or Battle of Gods. It would sounds awesome their acting with an accurate translation.

UltimateHammerBro
Advanced Regular

Post by UltimateHammerBro » Sun Jun 28, 2015 4:17 am

I've never seen the point in airing the English dub with subs in non-English-speaking countries. :eh:
If the series is aired subtitled and not dubbed, I don't see why the audio track should be any other than the original Japanese.
I'm a webcomic artist! Check out http://tapastic.com/series/Hearts

Puto
I Live Here

Post by Puto » Sun Jun 28, 2015 5:31 am

Getting somebody who can translate English is a lot cheaper than somebody who can translate Japanese.
Blue wrote:I love how Season 2 is so off color even the box managed to be so.

UltimateHammerBro
Advanced Regular

Post by UltimateHammerBro » Sun Jun 28, 2015 6:19 am

Puto wrote:Getting somebody who can translate English is a lot cheaper than somebody who can translate Japanese.
That's true, but I thought Toei handed English scripts translated by themselves...
I'm a webcomic artist! Check out http://tapastic.com/series/Hearts

SaintEvolution
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by SaintEvolution » Sun Jun 28, 2015 8:36 am

UltimateHammerBro wrote:
Puto wrote:Getting somebody who can translate English is a lot cheaper than somebody who can translate Japanese.
That's true, but I thought Toei handed English scripts translated by themselves...
Also, Toei's old scripts(english or not) were horrible, with examples the original french dub(and other european dubs) or the malaysian english one.

Hugo2003DBZ

Post by Hugo2003DBZ » Mon Dec 16, 2019 9:05 pm

The best Dragon Ball dub? Obviously, the galician dub :D

https://youtu.be/gUmeWdx6r1o

sangofe
Kicks it Old-School

Post by sangofe » Tue Dec 17, 2019 5:49 am

SaintEvolution wrote: Sat Jun 13, 2015 9:52 pm I'm counting dubs for all the productions, TV series, OVA, Movies and the rest. In aspects like acting, mixing, translation, lip sync and all of that.

I think some of the asian dubs are very good, cause they are close to the original in the dialogues, and have good acting, for example, the cantonese or the korean dubs. The German dub for example have a pretty acting, but the translation was took by the french dub, that has horrible and lazy dialogues.

And there are many dubs that are not so commented too, like the indonesian(I only find 2 videos of indonesian DBZ), albanian, mandarin, and a few more.

Anyway, what dubs do you guys think that are the best ones? And you can say the ones you think are the worse too.
I'm very happy with the French dbz Kai dub.
DragonDuck wrote: Sun Jun 14, 2015 5:46 pm While not the very best, the Danish dub deserves mention. It's a great dub with very nice, well-flowing translation (even though it used the French dub as a base), passable to great acting and good mixing. While there are some bad voices like Vegeta's and Karin's (Had a female voice even though he is male), it's good in my opinion. Well … the very best? That'd have to be the Korean DB dub. They really nailed that one, it looks like
Yeah man. Danish Goku has to be the best dub Goku I've heard. Same with freeza. Gohan and Kuririn are great too, in my opinion.
Hugo2003DBZ wrote: Mon Dec 16, 2019 9:05 pm The best Dragon Ball dub? Obviously, the galician dub :D

https://youtu.be/gUmeWdx6r1o
Wow. That had some good voices and acting.

Hugo2003DBZ

Post by Hugo2003DBZ » Wed Dec 18, 2019 10:15 am

Other scene in Galician. But, without the song

Hugo2003DBZ

Post by Hugo2003DBZ » Wed Dec 18, 2019 10:16 am

Other scene in Galician, but without the song(Unmei no Hi).

https://youtu.be/Ew6FT54V4OA

FPSSJ4_Goku
Regular

Post by FPSSJ4_Goku » Mon Oct 19, 2020 12:43 pm

SaintEvolution wrote: Sat Jun 13, 2015 10:36 pm Besides some of the asian dubs that are great, the south americans(brazilian and latin american) are very good too.
The negative points of the original latin american dub are the lip sync in some times and the voice recording sounded a bit poor for me. Some voices aren't that great, like Cell, Vegeta and a few more. The translation is accurate but I only don't like some names they changed like "Milk"(Chichi) for example. But in most of aspects is a very good dub.

About the original brazilian Z dub(not considering the 1st Dragon Ball, that had...4 or 5 dubs in Brazil. Yeah, I'm not joking; I'm only talking about Z now), it's a good dub too. I think it's almost tied with the latin american spanish dub(I can't decide what dub is exactly the best between them). It is a great dub.

For Kai Brazil and Latin American didn't have the same lucky, for reasons that are known for most of you guys I think. But thanking god, the original casts of these 2 versions returned in the newer movies.
They changed it from Chichi to Leche because Chichi in Spanish is slang for breast
So, you decided to read my signature, eh?

If you'd like, check out my YouTube channel, and maybe subscribe?

Cure Dragon 255
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Cure Dragon 255 » Mon Oct 19, 2020 4:41 pm

Milk. They changed it LITERALLY to the English word "Milk".
Marz wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 11:27 pm "Well, the chapter was good, the story was good and so were the fights. But a new transformation, in Dragon Ball? And one that's ugly? This is where we draw the line!!! Jump the Shark moment!!"

This forum is so over-dramatic that it's not even funny.
90sDBZ wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2019 2:44 pm19 years ago I was rushing home from school to watch DBZ on Cartoon Network, and today I've rushed home from work to watch DBS on Pop. I guess it's true the more things change the more they stay the same. :lol:

Dragon Ball Ireland
I Live Here

Post by Dragon Ball Ireland » Mon Oct 19, 2020 5:11 pm

Would have to be either Funi Kai or the Pioneer trilogy featuring the Ocean cast. While both have their flaws they are pretty much the best English adaptations of any Dragon Ball content we ever had. I'm also fond of both the Texas and Vancouver casts so never like having to choose.
Do you have any info about international non-English broadcasts about the Dragon Ball anime or manga translations/editions? Please message me. Researching for a future book with Dragon Ball scholar Derek Padula :thumbup:

TonyDragonBallFan
Not-So-Newbie

Post by TonyDragonBallFan » Sun Oct 25, 2020 3:35 pm

Kai, Kai, Kai, Kai, & only Kai.