Do you think introducing the silver haired version of UI was a mistake?

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

eledoremassis02
I Live Here

Re: Do you think introducing the silver haired version of UI was a mistake?

Post by eledoremassis02 » Mon Dec 16, 2019 7:09 pm

The grey hair gave me a god of cookey vibe
https://youtu.be/CvAkSa4n0SA

Tai Lung
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Tai Lung » Wed Jan 01, 2020 10:17 pm

GodVegetto91 wrote: Sun Dec 08, 2019 11:53 pm I think it was!

Ofcourse, that is just my opinion, but i know most people will agree with me that UI Omen looked much better from an artistic design point of view. Black hair, (imo) is a much better look for Goku than Silver/Grey hair. When UI Omen was first introduced, i was truly in love with its beautiful design and overall simplicity. You can’t deny that it was something new and fresh and not just another recolor. So when i found out that the end version of the form was going to get silver hair, i was extremely dissapointed. UI Omen’s design was perfect and was everything i wanted and could have asked for, for Goku’s “ultimate form”. But than MUI came along and they literally ruined what was already a perfect looking form. One might think a simple hair color change is insignificant, but it totally wasn’t. It’s a totally different look, and not for the better.

So what do you guys think? Do you think it was a mistake for them to change Omen to the silver haired version? Or do you dig it?

Let me know!

I think it was too soon ... but once it appears, Goku looked great

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Thu Jan 02, 2020 8:38 am

I loved UI when it first appeared wanted it to be silver from the start, but now the form's popularity and being over marketed made me like it less, which I know may sound silly but if people have known for a while know that I let marketing (and lack of) affect my narrative opinion on things, similar happened to SSGSS loved that form until it got marketed into the ground and now is just meh to me. But esp in the case of UI given it is a unique form for Goku in the sense that it isn't permanent but the marketing of it simply ain't going away and is defeating the whole point of it... :thumbdown:

mute_proxy wrote: Wed Dec 11, 2019 5:42 pm
Dragon Wukong wrote:
I think the mistake was making UI's hair silver, when Toriyama clearly drew it white. It's clearly meant to evoke some kinda Angel thing.

I also prefer it being slimmed down like SSG.
Look again at Toriyama's design. He doesnt draw white hair with that much grey shading. Only the highlights are white.
He did not clearly draw it white. This is his white hair:
Damn that design from Toriyama gets worse the more I see, he even left the white under trim! Thankful that Yamamuro decided to go for the wild look similar to the SSG Goku that was first seen.

mute_proxy
Advanced Regular

Post by mute_proxy » Thu Jan 02, 2020 9:01 am

Baggie_Saiyan wrote: Thu Jan 02, 2020 8:38 am
Damn that design from Toriyama gets worse the more I see, he even left the white under trim! Thankful that Yamamuro decided to go for the wild look similar to the SSG Goku that was first seen.
I dunno, I kinda prefer Toriyama's version, I don't understand hair standing up just a little, either do base or fully up, a little is just weird :lol:

MKCSTEALTH
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by MKCSTEALTH » Thu Jan 02, 2020 12:50 pm

I think the silver hair looks great. I prefer the look of Omen, but I think the Mastered form is fine. My only issue with it is Goku has a worse showing in the Mastered form of UI then he did any other time in the arc. He was getting tossed around by Jiren way easier then he did in Omen against Jiren or Kefla