Twenty years age difference and fusion

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

AnzuMazaki
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Twenty years age difference and fusion

Post by AnzuMazaki » Wed Apr 16, 2008 2:48 am

Is twenty years too huge an age difference for two characters to fuse?
Sorry for the stupid question, :?

I mean Goku was close to fushing with Gohan when Gpohan was absorbed by Buu, and there is twenty years between them.

Velasa
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Velasa » Wed Apr 16, 2008 2:50 am

.. There's a factor for age?

I was pretty sure it was just power levels, if you're talking the dance. never heard anything about age.
[quote="Rocketman"]Rocketman is to ChiChi as Velasa is to _______.

A. ChiChi
B. Piccolo
C. Goku
D. Bulma[/quote]

Metrite
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Metrite » Wed Apr 16, 2008 2:51 am

Age doesn't matter. With the fusion technique it just requires close enough size and power. With the potaras it just requires they both put the earrings on.

Rocketman
Namekian Warrior

Post by Rocketman » Wed Apr 16, 2008 3:06 am

Goku outright states the Fusion Dance could have been used by him and Gohan.

Elder Kai was a fusion between a young Kai and an ancient hag.

So, no, there doesn't seem to be an age limit on fusion.

Casual Matt
Advanced Regular

Post by Casual Matt » Wed Apr 16, 2008 12:40 pm

But age can obviously have an effect on the things that are factors (size and power). However, as said, age itself is irrelevant as long as they two users are compatible in the other ways.

For a weaker example, Vegeta is nearly close to 10 years older than Son Goku, and they used Fusion twice, one instance of which was Anime Canon.

And Rocketman, don't forget that the old Dai Kaioshin reached his current state by merging using the Potara earrings. There's absolutely no limits on those. Afterall, Kaioshin merged with Kibito, and they were completely different sizes and possibly powers.

Rocketman
Namekian Warrior

Post by Rocketman » Wed Apr 16, 2008 2:01 pm

Casual Matt wrote:And Rocketman, don't forget that the old Dai Kaioshin reached his current state by merging using the Potara earrings. There's absolutely no limits on those. Afterall, Kaioshin merged with Kibito, and they were completely different sizes and possibly powers.
I didn't. I was using it as an example to show that neither the dance nor the earrings bother with age as a criteria.

Casual Matt
Advanced Regular

Post by Casual Matt » Wed Apr 16, 2008 2:38 pm

Rocketman wrote:
Casual Matt wrote:And Rocketman, don't forget that the old Dai Kaioshin reached his current state by merging using the Potara earrings. There's absolutely no limits on those. Afterall, Kaioshin merged with Kibito, and they were completely different sizes and possibly powers.
I didn't. I was using it as an example to show that neither the dance nor the earrings bother with age as a criteria.
Right on. I was just making the point that Potara have no usage limitations. :)

jjgp1112
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by jjgp1112 » Wed Apr 16, 2008 6:12 pm

Technically, there was only a 12 year age difference between Goku and Gohan because Goku was dead for a total of 8 years (he was dead for 7 years post-Cell, and 1 year in the Saiyan saga).
Yamcha: Do you remember the spell to release him - do you know all the words?
Bulma: Of course! I'm not gonna pull a Frieza and screw it up!
Master Roshi: Bulma, I think Frieza failed because he wore too many clothes!
Cold World (Fanfic)
"It ain't never too late to stop bein' a bitch." - Chad Lamont Butler

Mike D
Regular

Post by Mike D » Wed Apr 16, 2008 9:32 pm

Casual Matt wrote:But age can obviously have an effect on the things that are factors (size and power).
And age too. Elder Kai did age heavily because of the person that he fused with.

Xyex
I Live Here

Post by Xyex » Fri Apr 18, 2008 6:24 am

jjgp1112 wrote:Technically, there was only a 12 year age difference between Goku and Gohan because Goku was dead for a total of 8 years (he was dead for 7 years post-Cell, and 1 year in the Saiyan saga).
Actually, only 7 of those count because he spent a year in the RoSaT. Though, Vegeta spent 2 so I guess that cancels out Goku's year
Avys ~ DA account ~ Fanfiction ~ Chat Quotes
<Kaboom> I'm just glad that he now sounds more like Invader Zim than Rita Repulsa
<Xyex> Original Freeza never sounded like a chick to me.
<Kaboom> Neither does Rita
<Xyex> Good point.

Sun_Wukong
I Live Here

Post by Sun_Wukong » Sat Apr 19, 2008 4:45 pm

What I dont understand is how did Goku and Vegeta fuse when Vegeta is much shorter.

Kaboom

Post by Kaboom » Sat Apr 19, 2008 4:47 pm

Sun_Wukong wrote:What I dont understand is how did Goku and Vegeta fuse when Vegeta is much shorter.
Vegeta's not THAT much shorter. By a head, maybe, but it's still not a huge difference. Were it Kuririn and Yamcha trying to fuse, then height might be an issue.
deviantART
FanFic: DragonBall GT Revised
[thread]
Powar Levuls: Main Series | Movies and Specials | GT
Nintendo/PSN/Steam: KaboomKrusader
ACNH Dream Address: DA-1637-4046-7415 ("SlamZone")
(Not) lost (enough) DB Super plots!
A handy video guide to Kanzenshuu-level grammar quality!

Taku128

Post by Taku128 » Sat Apr 19, 2008 5:49 pm

SSj Kaboom wrote:
Sun_Wukong wrote:What I dont understand is how did Goku and Vegeta fuse when Vegeta is much shorter.
Vegeta's not THAT much shorter. By a head, maybe, but it's still not a huge difference. Were it Kuririn and Yamcha trying to fuse, then height might be an issue.
Or Piccolo and Kuririn.
­

Vegeta Jr
Regular

Post by Vegeta Jr » Sat Apr 19, 2008 6:09 pm

Taku128 wrote:
SSj Kaboom wrote:
Or Piccolo and Kuririn.
Always loved that fake fusion, If only Future Trunks reappeared in the fusion saga and fused with Vegeta and Goku with Gohan.

Rocketman
Namekian Warrior

Post by Rocketman » Sat Apr 19, 2008 6:38 pm

Vegeta Jr wrote:Always loved that fake fusion, If only Future Trunks reappeared in the fusion saga and fused with Vegeta and Goku with Gohan.
Trunks wouldn't be strong enough.

SSJ2bardock
I Live Here

Post by SSJ2bardock » Sun Apr 20, 2008 1:32 am

I wish Goten and Trunks would have fused again as teens.
Last edited by SSJ2bardock on Mon Apr 21, 2008 12:32 am, edited 1 time in total.

Super Ghost Kamikaze

Post by Super Ghost Kamikaze » Sun Apr 20, 2008 11:25 am

Though I do sometimes wonder about what would happen if Goku had fused and stayed fused with a character far younger than him, or that was human. Would he be able to go SSJ 3? What age WOULD the fusion be? Elder Kai was obviously more powerful than the witch, since he became weaker upon fusing, but he aged dramatically. Would the fusion age normally? Probably, since they're the "same person" at that point....