Difficulty of instant transmission

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

innocent_rage

Difficulty of instant transmission

Post by innocent_rage » Wed Jul 08, 2020 1:38 am

I find this techniques difficulty level extremely underrated .

Instant transmission -
a move that requires you to sense a target ~dematerialise your body
~rematerialise your body at target location

What the heck is the difficulty level in trying to dematerialise your body and then somehow reforming again billions of light years away in an instant.....pretty much bending space and time all While hoping you reappear with your limbs and skin intact.

Imagine making a mistake and ending up in space with half your body missing.

I feel like this technique should be even harder to learn then ultra instinct.

Lionel
I Live Here

Re: Difficulty of instant transmission

Post by Lionel » Wed Jul 08, 2020 5:38 pm

I think the mechanics of Instant Transmission are described as sensing a person's ki and then "moving" to the source of that signature. It's nothing more detailed that in the official sources. My thoughts? Cell was able to grasp the technique after experiencing it once when Goku teleported him to the afterlife. It might not be the easiest ability to learn but I don't think it's quite so intricately complex that most of the established fighters -- many of whom are prodigies themselves to some degree or another -- couldn't learn it.

DragonBallFoodie
Advanced Regular

Post by DragonBallFoodie » Wed Jul 08, 2020 6:32 pm

That's one of the hazards of teleportation: you break your body apart and it comes back in a different form or is incomplete.

I think I/T never did that though, it was just transporting your full body across a distance.
"Don't take pleasure in destruction!" / "I will not let you destroy my world!"
A true hero goes beyond not the limits of power, but the limits that divide countries and people.

pepd
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by pepd » Thu Jul 09, 2020 8:00 pm

Considering DB's description and Pybara saying that is a basic technique, I would guess that is more like just projecting all the ki close to someone else's, and then the body will just teleport by itself

dario03
Advanced Regular

Post by dario03 » Thu Jul 09, 2020 9:00 pm

Some things make it look more like a warp/hyperdrive effect. Like in movie 8 and I think movie 6 doesn't it show Goku traveling through a hyperspace looking area. So perhaps its more of a put yourself in another dimension for a split second kind of thing, like Nightcrawler in the X-Men.

innocent_rage

Post by innocent_rage » Thu Jul 09, 2020 10:00 pm

Lionel wrote: Wed Jul 08, 2020 5:38 pm My thoughts? Cell was able to grasp the technique after experiencing it once when Goku teleported him to the afterlife. It might not be the easiest ability to learn but I don't think it's quite so intricately complex that most of the established fighters -- many of whom are prodigies themselves to some degree or another -- couldn't learn it.
Cell being able to learn IT was one of the biggest asspulls in the show.That means what ever attack you throw at cell he will learn it? Hakai? Time skip? Same situation with kid Buu he just somehow learns to teleport.

I find gokus instant transmission one of the most OP techniques in the show. If it wasn't for plot goku could just teleport his enemies away to another planet and blow that planet up. :D