Writing up the Piccolo bio... holes in memory...

Help the Kanzenshuu staff beta-test new sections, new website initiatives, and more!

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Writing up the Piccolo bio... holes in memory...

Post by VegettoEX » Mon Jun 28, 2004 5:16 pm

So for the last bit I've been writing a little outline in my notebook about all of the events we see Piccolo go through for his bio over on the "Characters Guide." Sadly, I have giant holes in my memory; this is what happens when you're not actively reading/watching a series that spans over 500 episodes :P.

So here's my list of events. PLEASE throw in some information where I'm missing it, or where it's just completely wrong. You don't need to get into TOO much detail; since Piccolo's a major character that's around for a hella long time, his bio's not going to be as absurdly detailed as, say, Nappa's. More long the lines of what Meri's written thus far for Trunks.

Anyway... here's what I've got. Note the red stuff... means I need some help.
  • Spit out as egg from Piccolo-Daimao
  • Shown as young child terrorizing and realizing his powers (Is this in the anime only?)
  • Emerges as an adult three years later to compete in the 23rd Tenka-ichi Budokai and battle/defeat Goku under the alias "Ma Junior"
  • (What's the order of his fights? I know he battles Kuririn and Shen/Kami... are those the only ones we see?)
  • Claims to be the original Piccolo-Daimao reincarnation
  • Loses (barely) to Goku via flying technique / headbutt
  • Given Senzu, blasts off, not seen for years
  • Confronted by Raditz, powerless
  • Offers to temporarily join forces with Goku, has been training with weighted clothing and developed new technique (which he wanted to kill Goku with)
  • Fights Raditz with Goku, loses an arm, kills Goku/Raditz
  • Grows arm back, takes Gohan
  • Watches over and trains with Gohan for one year
  • Vegeta and Nappa first sense Piccolo/Gohan upon their arrival
  • Learns that he is of Namekian origin
  • Easily disposes of Saibaiman, but still tries NOT to protect Gohan... but does... doesn't WANT to...
  • Grabs Nappa's tail, but it doesn't matter...
  • Vegeta afraid of Goku teaming up with everyone else, orders Nappa to kill, Piccolo jumps in the way of blast meant for Gohan... shown Piccolo's new, kinder nature, and his fatherly-type love for Gohan
  • Trains on Kaio-sei, refuses to partake in Bubbles training
  • Convinces Gohan to wish him back to life; wished back to life and then to Planet Namek
  • Comes across Nail, nearly dead, and merges with him to exponentially increase in power
  • Arrives to battle 2nd-form Freeza; holds his own quite well until 3rd-form transformation
  • (At some point, he's nearly killed and tossed somewhere to be healed by Dende, or something? Don't remember anything in this section)
  • Stalls for Goku as he forms the Genki-Dama
  • Shot through the chest when Freeza returns
  • Everyone's wished back to Earth (Dende heals him?)
  • Cyborg Freeza, blah blah, Piccolo's the only one to hear the conversation between Goku and Trunks
  • Trains with Goku and Gohan for the next three years
  • Watches #19 + Goku/Vegeta fights (?)
  • Pursuit of #20, briefly fight, #20 escapes
  • Enraged, refers to himself as Piccolo-Daimao once again, blasts up to Kami's
  • Waits impatiently until Kami is ready to once again merge, after watching over and discovering the "monster" below
  • "I am just a warrior who has long since forgotten his name..."
  • Lands in Ginger Town, discovers Cell, fights, learns who is really is / who made him, Taiyo-Ken blast AAH!! MY EYES!! escapes
  • (I get murky here, again... somehow he ends back up at Kame House, because that's where #17 arrives)
  • Fights #17 in giant awesome incredible "Can Can" battle, Cell arrives to ruin the fun, Piccolo beaten badly
  • (Murky, again. Somehow Cell absorbs #17, and somewhere in there Goku teleports in to get Piccolo out of the ocean? Once brought back, what does Piccolo do the entire time that Goku/Gohan/Vegeta/Trunks train in the Room of Time and Spirit?)
  • Cell Games, Piccolo mostly watches on
  • Only one to really hold own against Cell Jr
  • (What does he do for seven years? Train Dende?)
  • 25th Budokai, goes under "Ma Junior" again, concedes to Kaioshin
  • (Everyone blasts off to Babidi's, but I haven't seen the Dabura/Gohan fight, so I don't know how Piccolo's turned to stone... explanation?)
  • Stone Piccolo broken, Dabura killed, Piccolo OK due to regeneration, watches on (Who's fighting who at this point?)
  • (Murky, again. I know he nearly kills Babidi at one point, but is this before/during/after Vegeta fight? I know he flies off with Goten, Trunks, and Kuririn when Vegeta kills himself. I believe there's some point where Vegeta THINKS Buu's dead, and Piccolo just kinda talks to him... all that stuff about "Will I see Goku in the afterlife" blah blah blah... if someone could put all those events in order for me, I'd appreciate it)
  • Learns Fusion from Goku, teaches it and plays drill instructor to Goten and Trunks
  • Stalls Super Buu
  • Room of Time and Spirit, get stuck in, yell way out
  • (From here on out, I don't really remember anything. Haven't watched the fusion episodes onwards in YEARS, and the translated manga's not out yet... desperate help needed here)
So when it comes down to it, it seems like I don't remember jack about the show. Ah, well. That's what happens when real life comes into play :P
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::