Fanmanga - DB Multiverse

Any general discussion regarding fan-created works of the Dragon Ball franchise, including AMVs, fan-art, fan-fiction, etc.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Matches Malone
Banned

Re: Fanmanga - DB Multiverse

Post by Matches Malone » Thu Dec 10, 2020 1:24 pm

Bra is mentally broken, she's probably lost the will to stand up much less fight, there's no way anyone's going to allow Vegetto to kill someone in that kind of state. If Vegetto is willing to kill someone in that state, especially his own child, then he needs to be put down.
Last edited by Matches Malone on Thu Dec 10, 2020 1:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Dbzfan94
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Dbzfan94 » Thu Dec 10, 2020 1:24 pm

TobyS wrote: Thu Dec 10, 2020 12:56 pm I think the key here is she was possessd.

So rightly or wrongly it's gonna go like this:

She's not fully blamed because she was possessed at the time.
But she will learn moral lessons and grow from letting herself be possessed and the PARTIAL responsibility she has for the massacre.

You might not agree but that's what *word of God* and most characters takes will be.
Sadly yeah you're right.

miguelnuva1
I Live Here

Post by miguelnuva1 » Thu Dec 10, 2020 8:28 pm

Matches Malone wrote: Thu Dec 10, 2020 1:24 pm Bra is mentally broken, she's probably lost the will to stand up much less fight, there's no way anyone's going to allow Vegetto to kill someone in that kind of state. If Vegetto is willing to kill someone in that state, especially his own child, then he needs to be put down.
Bra is a horrible person there is no doubt about that. But Vegetto has a major problem. We see him get fed up and act like a child around Bra then when she does the same his reaction is I'll kill you.

He screwed up as a parent and hasn't done anything to correct his problem and now wants to just wipe his hands clean.

Matches Malone
Banned

Post by Matches Malone » Thu Dec 10, 2020 8:33 pm

miguelnuva1 wrote: Thu Dec 10, 2020 8:28 pmBra is a horrible person there is no doubt about that. But Vegetto has a major problem. We see him get fed up and act like a child around Bra then when she does the same his reaction is I'll kill you.

He screwed up as a parent and hasn't done anything to correct his problem and now wants to just wipe his hands clean.
I'm not defending Bra's actions, it's just that Vegetto is the last person to pass judgement on her or anyone else.

Lord Frieza
I Live Here

Post by Lord Frieza » Fri Dec 11, 2020 5:37 am

The core issue with Bra is that she’s not been given the proper development for a character like her to work. She’s an amoral to horrible person who’s treated as flawless by both author and caste. She has not been given the proper flaws or fair treatment for her actions that others have throughout the story and then Salagir pulls a sob story right out of his ass in an attempt to make his favourite character more appealing.

That’s bad writing and as I said befor, based on what we had been show of Bra prior to her Majin state, her Dark Princess self is not a drastic change from her normal self. And again she killed her loving brother in cold blood and that didn’t turn her back, showing that she cannot really care that much deep down because if she really didn’t want to kill him she would have stopped or at least be conflicted

Sorry Salagir your not Toriyama, you founded this manga on being more realistic and planned out. Trying to invent stuff on the fly and saying “just as planned” don’t mix. He also suffers from sever favouritism otherwise he would jump at every opportunity to defend Bra when he would remain silent and not engage with his audience at other times. I would care less if he was honest about but Bra just being forth an issue I’ve seen long ago. Salagir is arrogant and a hypocrite, both of which have bled more and more into the fan manga as it’s gone on.

Jackalope89
Advanced Regular

Post by Jackalope89 » Fri Dec 11, 2020 6:07 am

Lord Frieza wrote: Fri Dec 11, 2020 5:37 am The core issue with Bra is that she’s not been given the proper development for a character like her to work. She’s an amoral to horrible person who’s treated as flawless by both author and caste. She has not been given the proper flaws or fair treatment for her actions that others have throughout the story and then Salagir pulls a sob story right out of his ass in an attempt to make his favourite character more appealing.

That’s bad writing and as I said befor, based on what we had been show of Bra prior to her Majin state, her Dark Princess self is not a drastic change from her normal self. And again she killed her loving brother in cold blood and that didn’t turn her back, showing that she cannot really care that much deep down because if she really didn’t want to kill him she would have stopped or at least be conflicted

Sorry Salagir your not Toriyama, you founded this manga on being more realistic and planned out. Trying to invent stuff on the fly and saying “just as planned” don’t mix. He also suffers from sever favouritism otherwise he would jump at every opportunity to defend Bra when he would remain silent and not engage with his audience at other times. I would care less if he was honest about but Bra just being forth an issue I’ve seen long ago. Salagir is arrogant and a hypocrite, both of which have bled more and more into the fan manga as it’s gone on.
Along with Salagir making Bra his top tier OC, Vegetto acting like he has also makes no sense. At the time when Vegeta and Goku fuse, and even when they are fused, neither have shown the sociopathic tendencies that Salagir's version has. Which, without said out of character tendencies, much of the plot falls completely fails.

TheGodfather93
Beyond Newbie

Post by TheGodfather93 » Fri Dec 11, 2020 7:06 am

Lord Frieza wrote: Fri Dec 11, 2020 5:37 am Sorry Salagir your not Toriyama, you founded this manga on being more realistic and planned out. Trying to invent stuff on the fly and saying “just as planned” don’t mix. He also suffers from sever favouritism otherwise he would jump at every opportunity to defend Bra when he would remain silent and not engage with his audience at other times. I would care less if he was honest about but Bra just being forth an issue I’ve seen long ago. Salagir is arrogant and a hypocrite, both of which have bled more and more into the fan manga as it’s gone on.
I never thought Salagir was that good of a storyteller. Main story aside, all those specials depicting alternate outcomes of events were pretty basic scenarios, a lot of which had already been hypothesised. Even a lot of the what-if fights people raved about, like Cell vs Dabura, had already been discussed to death over the years. The most appealing thing about DBM has always been the artwork, which can be downright phenomenal at times.

On the topic of realism, I think DBM sometimes tries way too hard to be hardcore and edgy, and I find it seriously off-putting. Reminds me of those crappy fanfics I read back in the day, where people would turn high school era Gohan into a brooding, angsty, rage-filled Vegeta clone, as well as make the gore and violence way too over the top.
If you have the time and are interested, please consider checking out my fanfiction account at https://www.fanfiction.net/~thegodfather93

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Fri Dec 11, 2020 9:08 am

It's a matter of consequence. There's nothing more annoying than a character that is obviously protected by the script (not the same as plot armor), who'll never face consequences for their actions because the writer favors them. Vegeta basically always got instant karma for his dumb and selfish actions, helping villains only to immediately get his shit kicked in for being so stupid. Bra slaughtered her friends and family, needlessly brutally, without blinking and the worst she's gonna get is "She feels bad about it.". Not only is her sudden tears completely out of character (she may have been somehow controlled by Babidi to carry out the deed, but the majin control only makes you follow orders, it doesn't change your personality and reactions outside of what you're willing to do.

Bra gloating and getting off on butchering innocents is all her. After the previous special confirming that she's murdered her family before and not given a shit, Bra's tears should be over a punk like Babidi being able to control her in the first place, not what he made her do.), but it's showing that we're going down the 'You're bad, but not really' route where the only punishment she faces is beating herself up so she looks more sympathetic and noble despite it making no sense. It reminds me a bit of the Moro arc where Vegeta suddenly talks about how he feels guilty for the people he's killed when nothing about his redemption or post said-redemption ever pertained to him giving a shit about the people he killed outside of not liking being Frieza's lapdog.
When Super apparently shoves Goku down our throats:

Kanassa wrote:
FoolsGil wrote:I hope Mark is dead. But chances are the dragonballs will bring his stupid ass back. :D
- FoolsGil, Out of Context, 2017

TobyS
I Live Here

Post by TobyS » Fri Dec 11, 2020 7:48 pm

Man future Trunks is so cool. Wish he had a bigger part and got SS2. Would have been cool if he got left behind and fought and survived too or something.
So many characters all more interesting then Bra are suddenly here.
I'm sure this Gohan is alive, Vegito has to grab him when he flips out right?

So there was a piccolo alive saying he's keeping everyone else alive in vegetos vision. I wonder how that is going to work?

Maybe one is still very faintly alive but can't regen on his own.
Perhaps Vegito beats up ghast and let's Piccolo absorb him.

I'm quite hype for whatever happens next there's so many unanswered questions.
Yamcha almost certainly did not cheat on Bulma:
He was afraid of Women, Bulma was the flirty one.
Yamcha wanted to get married (it was his gonna be his wish)
He suggested they settle down in the Trunks saga.
Alternate future Trunks is not a reliable source.
Toriyama wanted new SSJ Kids and not make new characters.

FlpShimizu
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by FlpShimizu » Sat Dec 12, 2020 8:37 am

TobyS wrote: Fri Dec 11, 2020 7:48 pm Man future Trunks is so cool. Wish he had a bigger part and got SS2. Would have been cool if he got left behind and fought and survived too or something.

So there was a piccolo alive saying he's keeping everyone else alive in vegetos vision. I wonder how that is going to work?

The whole Majin Bra ordeal made us appreciate the last special and these characters returning even more. That mediocre mess really went on for too long.
"I'm never fighting a gag manga character again!"

TobyS
I Live Here

Post by TobyS » Sat Dec 12, 2020 8:49 am

FlpShimizu wrote: Sat Dec 12, 2020 8:37 am
TobyS wrote: Fri Dec 11, 2020 7:48 pm Man future Trunks is so cool. Wish he had a bigger part and got SS2. Would have been cool if he got left behind and fought and survived too or something.

The whole Majin Bra ordeal made us appreciate the last special and these characters returning even more. That mediocre mess really went on for too long.
I think it only went on slightly too long and would have been better if the good guys won through clever strategy. As they would have done if it wasn't for plot induced stupidity and author favouritism. The jr not teleporting gohan to babidi, her feeling a mere droplet on her boot, everyone letting her stroll around looking for cells nucleus, no piccolos or Gohans fusion, buu not healing anyone or doing anything till the last minute. The jr not teleporting way closer to cell to give him to bean, Grand Kaioshin doing fuck all untill the last second when he can probably teleport and heal, or at least have bought a second for cell to regenerate.

I think even U9 staying hidden was stupid. Once everyone else was dead they had no reason to keep hiding, babidi or bra would be coming for them later anyway. Yamcha with his undetectable power should have been able to at least land like one suprise kick pushing her into an attack she'd otherwise have dodged.

But yeah want that next page....
Yamcha almost certainly did not cheat on Bulma:
He was afraid of Women, Bulma was the flirty one.
Yamcha wanted to get married (it was his gonna be his wish)
He suggested they settle down in the Trunks saga.
Alternate future Trunks is not a reliable source.
Toriyama wanted new SSJ Kids and not make new characters.

Lord Frieza
I Live Here

Post by Lord Frieza » Sat Dec 12, 2020 12:56 pm

TobyS wrote: Sat Dec 12, 2020 8:49 am
I think it only went on slightly too long and would have been better if the good guys won through clever strategy. As they would have done if it wasn't for plot induced stupidity and author favouritism. The jr not teleporting gohan to babidi, her feeling a mere droplet on her boot, everyone letting her stroll around looking for cells nucleus, no piccolos or Gohans fusion, buu not healing anyone or doing anything till the last minute. The jr not teleporting way closer to cell to give him to bean, Grand Kaioshin doing fuck all untill the last second when he can probably teleport and heal, or at least have bought a second for cell to regenerate.

I think even U9 staying hidden was stupid. Once everyone else was dead they had no reason to keep hiding, babidi or bra would be coming for them later anyway. Yamcha with his undetectable power should have been able to at least land like one suprise kick pushing her into an attack she'd otherwise have dodged.

But yeah want that next page....
Well I re read the fight and honestly they seemed to have several good strategies or at least the beginnings of them. Yet Bra pretty much danced around everyone and out plays them at every turn, and she may not have regeneration, Bra’s pops so many senzu during the fight she might as well have.

That what makes the fight so awful, Bra is made unbeatable by Salagir as almost everything she dose pays off while everything the heroes do is either undermined or comes to nothing. It’s even less believable or fun to read then watch the cast go up against an unbreakable brick wall like broly or a Buu regenerating and pulling new powers out of thin air.

Bra is a powerful fighter but there’s nothing to suggest she’s the fighting genius she was as Majin Bra. She may have had great teachers but a great teacher is no substitute for experience and theirs not proof Bra has any. All evidence points to her being naturally very strong and having incredible yet uncontrollable untapped potential inside. All her fights out side of the last part of her battle with Cold show she relies on her inner power to win not skill.

This is why everyone was so pissed of by the end of the Cold fight as Bra suddenly becomes a fighting genius because she’s now under Salagir’s protection. This is what happens in the Majin Bra fight also. A good writer would have the heroes slowly wear her down through better tactics even if it dose cost a few of them their lives. But instead she’s not completely beyond everyone and can get out of every situation because of how great she is.

Instead she’s beaten by being called Passive, which only further throws her inconsistent writing into stark relief.

Koitsukai
I Live Here

Post by Koitsukai » Sat Dec 12, 2020 1:30 pm

IIRC, didn't Bra almost lose a foot or something like that? I remember a cliffhanger leaving us all like "oh well, if she's not gonna die, she's gonna have to mame herself", I can't recall what it was, I think something those high-advance tech guys use. That was a situation where the heroes could've gotten a break, but no, at most she got a mild sunburn on her shin that never became an issue. Barely an inconvenience.

Regarding Majin Bra, what did Babidi instruct her to do? murder everybody? It's weird how she "couldn't" get rid off the mind control, seeing she is the daughter of a fusion with one fusee easily breaking free of it with much less power, specially with all the awful things she ended up doing. It seems she sure enjoyed her run.

One more thing: so how strong is SS2 Majin Bra? how does she fare in DBS and in DBGT?
She blows up Cell, Piccolo, Buu, cuts Gohan in half, what "official" character could take her? is she in the realm of SSG? could she do those things to Vegeta Baby?

Lord Frieza
I Live Here

Post by Lord Frieza » Sat Dec 12, 2020 2:15 pm

Koitsukai wrote: Sat Dec 12, 2020 1:30 pm IIRC, didn't Bra almost lose a foot or something like that? I remember a cliffhanger leaving us all like "oh well, if she's not gonna die, she's gonna have to mame herself", I can't recall what it was, I think something those high-advance tech guys use. That was a situation where the heroes could've gotten a break, but no, at most she got a mild sunburn on her shin that never became an issue. Barely an inconvenience.

Regarding Majin Bra, what did Babidi instruct her to do? murder everybody? It's weird how she "couldn't" get rid off the mind control, seeing she is the daughter of a fusion with one fusee easily breaking free of it with much less power, specially with all the awful things she ended up doing. It seems she sure enjoyed her run.

One more thing: so how strong is SS2 Majin Bra? how does she fare in DBS and in DBGT?
She blows up Cell, Piccolo, Buu, cuts Gohan in half, what "official" character could take her? is she in the realm of SSG? could she do those things to Vegeta Baby?
1) Yes your right, she gets some of the carbonite stuff on her leg. The stuff thats proven to pretty lethal and has consumed an entire planet, and all she has to do is burn her leg a bit to stop it. Its a point that shows how far Salagir will go to protect her since she nolonger has senzu to fall back on. Everyone else suffers horrific deaths and maimings , yet faviort girl just gets a burn.

2)This is a good point because Babidi just asked her to protect him from them. Everything else Bra dose, even sending Babidi into space with only ten minutes of air is all her. This s the problem with the whole problem with Majin Bra. Being a Majin dose not change your personality as far as we can see in both anime and manga. Yes your better qualities are repressed and your darker side strengthened but you are still you. So everything she says is stuff she has thought and felt. Also when she leaves Babidi in space, she can hear him say "Wait! Don't Leave..." just as she teleports away. This shows that Babidi's control of her is not perfect. She dose that all on her own and disobeys him even when hearing his command. While Dabura did this also, he only attacked Buu when he was not under instruction from Babidi and trying to save his masters life. Bra willing puts his life in danger even if it is based on keeping him safe. While there is a similarity, I argue there's enough of a grey area to say Bra is not so totally under Babidi's control as is later suggested by everyone. For all Salagir says, there's hints that Bra wants this and is doing so by as much her own choice as her master's.

And he want's us to feel sorry for someone who deep down wants to kill her own flesh and blood, to be free to rampage uncontrollably. Good luck with that one.

3) GT, hard to say as there's not many solid frames of reference for power and the few we have are not all from cannon sources. I'll leave that to someone more familiar with it then me.

As for Super. Well unless Salagir has said something I missed, Vegetto, is even if he's trained, can't have had any real power boosts through his life as he had not met a worthy opponent till Broly came along. So aside from a few abilities his cannon counterpart lack I don't think he's that much stronger then a hypothetical Beerus arc Vegetto. That means he's be absolutely demolished by Beerus in a fight as Goku didn't think fusion would work yet was happy to give SSG a try. That SSG power is now part of Goku and Vegeta and they have both grow stronger since. Honestly Hit and Black would make minc meat out of Majin Bra even if she had the senzu-up-the-sleeve trick and F Golden Frieza would only possibly lose due to his time limit.

miguelnuva1
I Live Here

Post by miguelnuva1 » Sat Dec 12, 2020 3:24 pm

The Majin Charm only didn't change Vegeta because he was so stubborn. Spopovitch was a completely different person according to atleast the anime.

As for Majin Bra she should be around GT Gohan.

Matches Malone
Banned

Post by Matches Malone » Sat Dec 12, 2020 3:27 pm

Koitsukai wrote: Sat Dec 12, 2020 1:30 pmHow strong is SS2 Majin Bra? how does she fare in DBS and in DBGT?
Lord Frieza wrote: Sat Dec 12, 2020 2:15 pmGT, hard to say as there's not many solid frames of reference for power and the few we have are not all from cannon sources. I'll leave that to someone more familiar with it then me.
The GT special A Hero's Legacy anime comic states that Ssj Vegetto from the Buu arc was so strong, that he "may" have been stronger than a singular Ssj4. It's been established (I think) that Vegetto in Multiverse is more or less on the same level that he was against Buu, so if it took him going Ssj2 to knock out Bra, then it's safe to assume she can take down a singular Ssj4 from GT, be it Goku or Vegeta. That of course can change if said Ssj4 had the others give him their power like what they did during the fight with Baby at the end.

When it comes to Super, Goku from BOG stated that fusing with Vegeta wouldn't be enough to go head to head with Beerus, and it's safe to assume he took into account going Ssj3 while fused. The power scaling in Super is so crazy that I doubt she could take on anyone from that era.

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Sat Dec 12, 2020 6:03 pm

miguelnuva1 wrote: Sat Dec 12, 2020 3:24 pm The Majin Charm only didn't change Vegeta because he was so stubborn. Spopovitch was a completely different person according to atleast the anime.

As for Majin Bra she should be around GT Gohan.
Spopovitch was changed in that he was much stronger and lethal with the Majin power boost, nothing was really stated about his personality because the only person who knew about him was Hercule, who's only experience was kicking his ass. So yeah, the Majin Control doesn't really control your personality, just makes you unable to go against Babidi's orders. Basically, traditional brainwashing is like convincing you that you want to go in a direction while Babidi's is more like him yanking on a leash to pull you in a certain direction. That's why Spopovitch and Yamu are terrified and shocked when Babidi kills them instead of just accepting their fate because Babidi wills it. Or why Dabura can outright mock Babidi's plan when he deems Buu useless.
When Super apparently shoves Goku down our throats:

Kanassa wrote:
FoolsGil wrote:I hope Mark is dead. But chances are the dragonballs will bring his stupid ass back. :D
- FoolsGil, Out of Context, 2017

ZeroNeonix
Advanced Regular

Post by ZeroNeonix » Sun Dec 13, 2020 3:37 pm

Kanassa wrote: Sat Dec 12, 2020 6:03 pm Spopovitch was changed in that he was much stronger and lethal with the Majin power boost, nothing was really stated about his personality because the only person who knew about him was Hercule, who's only experience was kicking his ass. So yeah, the Majin Control doesn't really control your personality, just makes you unable to go against Babidi's orders. Basically, traditional brainwashing is like convincing you that you want to go in a direction while Babidi's is more like him yanking on a leash to pull you in a certain direction. That's why Spopovitch and Yamu are terrified and shocked when Babidi kills them instead of just accepting their fate because Babidi wills it. Or why Dabura can outright mock Babidi's plan when he deems Buu useless.
The weird thing about Majin Dabura, to me, is not so much that he was willing to go against Babidi's wishes and kill Majin Buu, but his reasons for doing so. Despite disobeying Babidi, he acts in what he believes to be Babidi's best interests. He sees Buu as too chaotic and dangerous to control, and believes that Buu would be the death of Babidi. Funny, since Buu was indeed the one to finish off Babidi. So in Dabura's case, the Majin seal didn't just give him a mental drive to obey, but it gave him a fondness for his master. Contrast this with Majin Vegeta, who neither obeyed orders nor gave a damn about Babidi's safety.
Last edited by ZeroNeonix on Sun Dec 13, 2020 3:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

goku1234
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by goku1234 » Sun Dec 13, 2020 3:37 pm