Funimation's "Faux-"Remastered Season 5 Discussion

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Vegeta Jr
Regular

Post by Vegeta Jr » Fri May 16, 2008 12:29 pm

omegacwa wrote:That season cover might just be a place holder until they are done with the real art, I mean, they do have a couple months.
I hope so, but i doubt it :(

Kaboom

Post by Kaboom » Fri May 16, 2008 12:46 pm

omegacwa wrote:That season cover might just be a place holder until they are done with the real art, I mean, they do have a couple months.
I seem to remember that happening with one of the previous sets, right? Then again, I believe that may have been an early internet-leaked thing. For the actual trailer for the set, I'm pretty sure they'd have the final design. So looks like this is what we're getting.

There's not really anything wrong with it. A little anachronistic, perhaps, but not entirely. Goku WAS certainly a Super Saiyan for the Cell Games, and it's likely they just wanted a more badass, battle-torn look for him, so they decided to go with this classic shot.

So a little out of place, maybe (I certainly was expecting and would have liked a shot of SSj2 Gohan instead), but acceptable, if you ask me.
deviantART
FanFic: DragonBall GT Revised
[thread]
Powar Levuls: Main Series | Movies and Specials | GT
Nintendo/PSN/Steam: KaboomKrusader
ACNH Dream Address: DA-1637-4046-7415 ("SlamZone")
(Not) lost (enough) DB Super plots!
A handy video guide to Kanzenshuu-level grammar quality!

Super Sonic
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Super Sonic » Fri May 16, 2008 12:47 pm

Does anyone else find it strange that there's more talk about the next set's cover-art than about the set itself?

Saiyavenger2941
Advanced Regular

Post by Saiyavenger2941 » Fri May 16, 2008 12:55 pm

Super Sonic wrote:Does anyone else find it strange that there's more talk about the next set's cover-art than about the set itself?
Thats not a bad thing at all, though. Better than hearing people bash the set for little to no reason.
[color=#30966E][b]PROUDLY Straight-Edge. Arrogant. Gohan and Videl obsessed. BE JEALOUS![/b][/color]
---
[url=http://bit.ly/F3l7t]DA[/url]|[url=http://bit.ly/2FC03o]FFNet[/url]|[url=http://bit.ly/pE5Xs]Youtube[/url]|[url=http://bit.ly/lCOED]Facebook[/url]|[url=http://bit.ly/rWFtp]Livejournal[/url]|[url=http://bit.ly/zrd4v]Twitter[/url]|[url=http://bit.ly/pYRHD]Flickr[/url]|PSN: Saiyavenger

Kaboom

Post by Kaboom » Fri May 16, 2008 1:40 pm

Saiyavenger2941 wrote:
Super Sonic wrote:Does anyone else find it strange that there's more talk about the next set's cover-art than about the set itself?
Thats not a bad thing at all, though. Better than hearing people bash the set for little to no reason.
I suppose we'll have more to talk about once we get some screencaps, clips and such.
deviantART
FanFic: DragonBall GT Revised
[thread]
Powar Levuls: Main Series | Movies and Specials | GT
Nintendo/PSN/Steam: KaboomKrusader
ACNH Dream Address: DA-1637-4046-7415 ("SlamZone")
(Not) lost (enough) DB Super plots!
A handy video guide to Kanzenshuu-level grammar quality!

Super Sonic
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Super Sonic » Fri May 16, 2008 1:53 pm

All I know is I probably will have to get this one as I never got around to buying the Perfect Cell dvds.

omegacwa
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by omegacwa » Fri May 16, 2008 3:16 pm

Most people won't be talking about the actual sets until they come out in stores on the 27th.

NeptuneKai
I Live Here

Post by NeptuneKai » Fri May 16, 2008 4:26 pm

Holy crap man, theese things are being churned out really quick.
I'm not sure if I'll pick this up or not, if I do I may as well pick up season 4 too.
Aro started to laugh. “Ha, ha, ha,” he chuckled.- Actual quote from Twilight

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Fri May 16, 2008 4:29 pm

I hope it is; I love Goku and all, but that arc really does belong to Gohan.
My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

Lavender Saiyan
Regular

Post by Lavender Saiyan » Fri May 16, 2008 5:14 pm

shotkeeper wrote:OMG? GOku? Freeza?

Also u don't need a DEVICE to make screenshots. You can just download VLC
player. Very small player.

Also can you tell us where you got it from?
Rightstuf.

On a side note...Other than the odd Box Art choice...I thought the Season 6 Trailer was the best yet. Loves the dailogue.
[b]*Supporter of the Remastered Season Sets*[/b]
*Dodges rocks*

Raki
I Live Here

Post by Raki » Fri May 16, 2008 5:25 pm

What else can we say?
The series doesn't start with the arrival of Raditz. Stop being lazy and watch Dragonball.

shotkeeper
Regular

Post by shotkeeper » Fri May 16, 2008 7:00 pm

lol screenshots anyone? :P

ETC123
Banned

Post by ETC123 » Fri May 16, 2008 7:04 pm

Saiyavenger2941 wrote:
Any legitimate complaints about this set will be the exact same as the last set, and will change just as much as complaints about the last set.

That's probably why there's less people 'bashing the set for little to no reason'.

MagicBox
Advanced Regular

Post by MagicBox » Fri May 16, 2008 7:11 pm

I was wondering when somebody would get this early. The One Piece set has the exact same release date and people have already gotten that shipped from Rightstuf, so I was wondering if that would happen with DBZ as well.

Lavender Saiyan, if you ordered the movies 1 & 2 double feature too, please feel free to give us the lowdown on that as well. Gotta find out if those insert songs made it in safe and sound.

As for the season six coverart, I really hope that's subject to change. I won't lose any sleep if it stays that way, but the cover needs to reflect what's happening at this point in the series. Whether FUNi likes Gohan or not, he deserves to be the star of the show this time.
"Magic's Detective Agency" - The Ultimate Guide to Changes in Detective Conan

"Magic's DiGiMONMUSiC Database" - The Ultimate Guide to Digimon CDs

Lavender Saiyan
Regular

Post by Lavender Saiyan » Fri May 16, 2008 7:14 pm

MagicBox wrote:Lavender Saiyan, if you ordered the movies 1 & 2 double feature too, please feel free to give us the lowdown on that as well. Gotta find out if those insert songs made it in safe and sound.
Sadly no, I ordered Season 5 & the Movies 1 & 2 Double feature are different times so I wound up ordering from different places. I Pre-Ordered 1 & 2 from Deep Discount.
[b]*Supporter of the Remastered Season Sets*[/b]
*Dodges rocks*

Kid Trunks
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Kid Trunks » Fri May 16, 2008 7:59 pm

Its weird that they put Goku in one of Gohan's most recognizable poses.

Maybe they think that that makes up for not putting Gohan on it.

Strongbad456
Beyond Newbie

Post by Strongbad456 » Fri May 16, 2008 8:41 pm

It's not a good choice for this season but I do think the image is cool. They should have used it for season 3.

Captain Awesome
Patreon Supporter

Post by Captain Awesome » Fri May 16, 2008 8:49 pm

Anyone going to post any screenshots?

I'm interested to see if they've taken any more care with the "remastering" this season, in light of what we've seen in the Trunks and Bardock specials, which apart from the widescreen, didn't look too bad.

Kendamu
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kendamu » Fri May 16, 2008 9:06 pm

Meh. Yeah. It's dumb. But, if I get around to getting anymore Orange Bricks the actual bricks themselves will be in a box somewhere while the DVDs themselves will be in a DVD wallet. So, from my personal perspective, they could put Lunch on the cover and I wouldn't care.
(they/she)

My Martial Arts Website -- https://mybudo.carrd.co

russ869
Beyond Newbie

Post by russ869 » Fri May 16, 2008 10:03 pm

Kendamu wrote:they could put Lunch on the cover and I wouldn't care.
That would be awesome! It could be epic mid-sneeze action shot. :lol: