Funimation's "Faux-"Remastered Season 5 Discussion

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

BrollysKin
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by BrollysKin » Mon May 19, 2008 4:28 am

So do you think Funimation knows about the faded line problem and just doesn't care, or do you think that for some reason this slipped the edit?

(I know the track record, but can't we give them the benefit of the doubt?)
Like Star Wars? Like Podcasts?
Check out the Star Wars Action News Forums: www.swactionnews.com

Captain Awesome
Patreon Supporter

Post by Captain Awesome » Mon May 19, 2008 5:45 am

I'm guessing it's because they paid for the "remastering" of the TV series, to be done all at once, and didn't notice the problems until it was too late.

ETC123
Banned

Post by ETC123 » Mon May 19, 2008 8:56 am

Captain Awesome wrote:I'm guessing it's because they paid for the "remastering" of the TV series, to be done all at once, and didn't notice the problems until it was too late.
And even then, I imagine they still dont care. They've not exactly had the highest regards to people who watch DBZ.

Captain Awesome
Patreon Supporter

Post by Captain Awesome » Mon May 19, 2008 9:02 am

Of course, people are buying the sets, all the complaints and criticisms are just white noise as far as they're concerned at this stage.

ETC123
Banned

Post by ETC123 » Mon May 19, 2008 9:49 am

shotkeeper wrote:I have no idea what you said lol, I only know with a upscaling ps3 and HDtv you can make remastered come pretty close to the Blueray version.
You said
Since the blueray versions are upscaled too.
The bluray versions are not upscaled. The DVD versions are downscaled.

Once again please learn what terminology means before you sonic anamorphic my 16:9 soundscape with your telecine hypertubes thanks.

Anonymous Friend
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Anonymous Friend » Mon May 19, 2008 7:36 pm

Ok ... I may have missed it but how many episodes are in this Season? I thought it would be from Trunks finding the second time machine till before the Cell Games and Season 6 would be the Cell Games, but people are talking about SSJ2 Gohan and whatnot, what's the dilly-yo?
Playstation Network ID/Xbox Gamer Tag: AnonymousFriend
Wii FriendCode: 1003 3740 6652 4063

SatoSky
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by SatoSky » Mon May 19, 2008 8:19 pm

shotkeeper wrote:I have no idea what you said lol, I only know with a upscaling ps3 and HDtv you can make remastered come pretty close to the Blueray version.
There is no Blu-ray version available, so why would you make that comparison?

Anyway, I also want to know how far along into the series does this set take us? Well, those of you who bought it anyway.

Kendamu
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kendamu » Mon May 19, 2008 8:25 pm

SatoSky wrote:

Anyway, I also want to know how far along into the series does this set take us? Well, those of you who bought it anyway.
The Cell Game is the focus of Season 6.
(they/she)

My Martial Arts Website -- https://mybudo.carrd.co

Raki
I Live Here

Post by Raki » Mon May 19, 2008 8:46 pm

Kendamu wrote:
SatoSky wrote:

The Cell Game is the focus of Season 6.
It's awesome that Goku is on the cover. I hope he saves the day yet again!
The series doesn't start with the arrival of Raditz. Stop being lazy and watch Dragonball.

Conan the SSJ
I Live Here

Post by Conan the SSJ » Mon May 19, 2008 9:06 pm

Anyone else catching the episode number of these sets gradually getting lower and lower, effectively making these "Season sets" (which were randomly ordered to begin with) look like saga sets? It looked like there'd be only about 7 releases when they started coming out, I mean Season 1 alone had a whopping 39 episodes. But if Season 6 is only covering the Cell Games alone, then sheesh... How many more can we expect?
14 years later

ForestEquilibrium
Not-So-Newbie

Post by ForestEquilibrium » Mon May 19, 2008 9:11 pm

The Cell Games are about 28 episodes, although I'm actually kinda hoping they but the "Other World Tournament" episodes in as well, but that's just wishful thinking.

Kaboom

Post by Kaboom » Mon May 19, 2008 9:54 pm

They're just dividing them up by what makes sense in the content... the first couple sagas, Saiyan, Namek, and Freeza, were all quite long, thanks to the large amounts of filler each one had. As it dies down, and more ends up actually happening per epsiode (at least compared to previously), the boxes will end up with slightly lower ep counts.

Though I seem to recall someone working out the numbers at some point, and it became apparent that whatever route they take, we'll end up with some longer sets during Buu.
deviantART
FanFic: DragonBall GT Revised
[thread]
Powar Levuls: Main Series | Movies and Specials | GT
Nintendo/PSN/Steam: KaboomKrusader
ACNH Dream Address: DA-1637-4046-7415 ("SlamZone")
(Not) lost (enough) DB Super plots!
A handy video guide to Kanzenshuu-level grammar quality!

Vekurotto
Regular

Post by Vekurotto » Tue May 20, 2008 12:02 am

SSj Kaboom wrote:They're just dividing them up by what makes sense in the content...
I kinda wish that they picked a number, and made all of the releases that many episodes. Like how they did for YYH. 14 episodes over 8 sets and it didn't matter where they stopped. I wish it was like that for these too rather than sticking to the "sagas" crap.
Be grateful the filler in Dragon Ball doesn't suck like the 3rd arc of Rurouni Kenshin.

[size=59][quote="Onikage725"]Anakin: I'm haunted by the kiss that you should never have given me. My heart is beating…hoping that kiss will not become a scar. You are in my very soul, tormenting me…what can I do? I will do anything you ask. If you are suffering as much as I am, please, tell me.

Me: YES! Please shut the fuck up!![/quote][/size]

The Time Traveller
Patreon Supporter

Post by The Time Traveller » Tue May 20, 2008 12:39 am

ForestEquilibrium wrote:The Cell Games are about 28 episodes, although I'm actually kinda hoping they but the "Other World Tournament" episodes in as well, but that's just wishful thinking.
According to the trailer it doesn't have those episodes.

Lavender Saiyan
Regular

Post by Lavender Saiyan » Tue May 20, 2008 2:17 am

Woah, this is weird here...Here's a screen cap from the Temple o Trunks:

Now if someone can take a cap from that scene in the Season 5 Set...

In the Season Set...everything's...red :shock:

As soon as they start blasting Gero's Lab everything turns red and then when they finish and run out it looks normal again.
[b]*Supporter of the Remastered Season Sets*[/b]
*Dodges rocks*

Vekurotto
Regular

Post by Vekurotto » Tue May 20, 2008 2:58 am

Lavender Saiyan wrote:In the Season Set...everything's...red :shock:

As soon as they start blasting Gero's Lab everything turns red and then when they finish and run out it looks normal again.
Could you take some screencaps? Cause that just sounds weird that things could go that wrong with the "remastering".
Be grateful the filler in Dragon Ball doesn't suck like the 3rd arc of Rurouni Kenshin.

[size=59][quote="Onikage725"]Anakin: I'm haunted by the kiss that you should never have given me. My heart is beating…hoping that kiss will not become a scar. You are in my very soul, tormenting me…what can I do? I will do anything you ask. If you are suffering as much as I am, please, tell me.

Me: YES! Please shut the fuck up!![/quote][/size]

Lavender Saiyan
Regular

Post by Lavender Saiyan » Tue May 20, 2008 3:23 am

Unfortunatley I do not have the necisary stuff to take a cap :cry:
[b]*Supporter of the Remastered Season Sets*[/b]
*Dodges rocks*

shotkeeper
Regular

Post by shotkeeper » Tue May 20, 2008 8:41 am

You only need VLC media player. If you want to do it, I can help you out.

The Time Traveller
Patreon Supporter

Post by The Time Traveller » Tue May 20, 2008 8:45 am

Mine came today, and here's a good look at the Season Six box.

Lavender Saiyan wrote:Woah, this is weird here...Here's a screen cap from the Temple o Trunks:

Now if someone can take a cap from that scene in the Season 5 Set...

In the Season Set...everything's...red :shock:

I see what you mean now, weird...
Last edited by The Time Traveller on Tue May 20, 2008 8:56 am, edited 1 time in total.

shotkeeper
Regular

Post by shotkeeper » Tue May 20, 2008 8:48 am

Wow, to be honest. I wouldn't mind having a cover like that in my collection. It's not really a big deal.

Anyways, good, now you can make a lot of screenshots and post it :D , please. Let us see what good quality Funimation produced this time.

EDIT:

Oh my God, why the heck is the image like that. Really wonder what the deal is.