Do you think Vegeta or any Freeza Force soldier could buy a planet for themselves?

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Yasai9001
Beyond Newbie

Do you think Vegeta or any Freeza Force soldier could buy a planet for themselves?

Post by Yasai9001 » Tue Feb 09, 2021 4:44 pm

Not saying that there was ever any reason for Vegeta to want to buy a planet, or even one of Freeza's soldiers. The question is just something that popped in my head as I'm brainstorming plotlines on a fanfic I'm working on.

We know that soldiers within the Freeza Force get a form of currency for doing whatever job Freeza has listed for them, which we mainly know is conquering worlds, however there is a lot more work that can be done within the Freeza Force besides conquering planets and engineering work, science, etc.

So assuming a top tier soldier like Vegeta, Cui, Zarbon, or Dodoria, and even the Ginyus made enough money off their assignments over a collective period, what's your opinion on them offering to buy a planet from Freeza? Do you think Freeza would allow it only as long as he benefits from it or do you believe he puts an end to that notion before they could even bring it up?

Thoughts would be appreciated.

Koitsukai
I Live Here

Re: Do you think Vegeta or any Freeza Force soldier could buy a planet for themselves?

Post by Koitsukai » Wed Feb 10, 2021 12:19 am

I could see Freeza gifting planets to his most valuable men from time to time. I doubt he'd prefer to have his men unhappy and denied the access to planets even if they'd pay for them, when he could easily keep his men happy, and also could retrieve those planets whenever he felt like it because he is Freeza. He already owns them, what's the problem in letting them have things?

King Cold offered Trunks a bunch of planets to save his life, so they could have already been using planets as the highest form of currency: whoever conquers this planet, gets to keep it, or something like that. Or conquer 10 planets and get a moon as a reward, conquer 25 planets and get a rocky planet, 50 to unlock a planet that can harbour life, a 100 to get an inhabited planet.

Yasai9001
Beyond Newbie

Re: Do you think Vegeta or any Freeza Force soldier could buy a planet for themselves?

Post by Yasai9001 » Wed Feb 10, 2021 12:38 am

Right. I also just remembered how in DBZF (Ik it's just a game) that Ginyu mentioned getting his own planet as a gift.

Lionel
I Live Here

Post by Lionel » Wed Feb 10, 2021 4:51 pm

So long as it doesn't cut into Freeza's business ventures I don't see why not. Koitsukai raised a good point about Cold's proposal to Trunks, though it needs to be stipulated that the king framed it as the young Saiyan taking the role of Cold's "son". But having said that, someone with a long and distinguished career serving Freeza's empire could reasonably be granted a planet or several. Although I wonder if Freeza has ever tacked on conditions such as making the planet monetarily worthwhile to Freeza's empire as it's being exploited by the underling in question.

Yasai9001
Beyond Newbie

Post by Yasai9001 » Thu Feb 11, 2021 9:38 am

Lionel wrote: Wed Feb 10, 2021 4:51 pm So long as it doesn't cut into Freeza's business ventures I don't see why not. Koitsukai raised a good point about Cold's proposal to Trunks, though it needs to be stipulated that the king framed it as the young Saiyan taking the role of Cold's "son". But having said that, someone with a long and distinguished career serving Freeza's empire could reasonably be granted a planet or several. Although I wonder if Freeza has ever tacked on conditions such as making the planet monetarily worthwhile to Freeza's empire as it's being exploited by the underling in question.
That's the thing that I wonder about as well. If Freeza were to allow what he considers one of his most prestigious soldiers to have a planet of their own, does Freeza by some way, get money from them through the planet's resources? Or does he allow his soldiers to do as they wish as long as he takes an extra tax from them through their assignments and whatever other occupation that they may hold.

Yuli Ban
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Yuli Ban » Thu Feb 11, 2021 9:57 pm

Still don't know who was even buying these planets in the first place. I wonder what currency they use and if the 27 sapient species left ever wonder if they're next.
The Yabanverse
My own take on Saiyajins in a fanverse.

Yasai9001
Beyond Newbie

Post by Yasai9001 » Fri Feb 12, 2021 10:02 am

Yuli Ban wrote: Thu Feb 11, 2021 9:57 pm Still don't know who was even buying these planets in the first place. I wonder what currency they use and if the 27 sapient species left ever wonder if they're next.
Freeza said that they just sold planets to the highest bidder. There could be other businesses and/or clients King Cold has established affiliation with over the years that contribute to the Freeza Force by buying planets and all. Considering that they refer to it as the highest bidder, meaning there's a market, there must be dozens of businesses out there that profit off the blood of others, like mafia groups or something of the sort. Freeza is basically an intergalactic loan shark after all, which Toriyama based him off of.

The currency that they use is shown in the Dragon Ball Super: Broly movie when Cheelai and Lemo got paid by Freeza for finding Paragus and his son to get them recruited into the Freeza force. Them silver trinkets or whatever they are seem to be what they refer to as money.

As for there being 28 planets left with mortal life on them, I really don't know what to make of that, truly. Given how vast the Universe truly is, it doesn't make sense but I don't know how to even argue with that to be honest.

Big Boss
Regular

Post by Big Boss » Fri Feb 12, 2021 12:32 pm

The only person who I could see being allowed to buy a planet, assuming they had the funds, is Captain Ginyu. His loyality to Freeza was immeasurable and was by far Freeza's most powerful henchman at the time, so I assume it could have happened if Ginyu asked for it. I like to think about the Ginyu Force being invited by Ginyu to rehearse their routine and do other shenanigans on the planet, like races or other games or something. :)

DragonBallFoodie
Advanced Regular

Post by DragonBallFoodie » Sat Feb 13, 2021 5:21 am

Maybe Vegeta could have bought a new planet to make into his own. It wouldn't be his own world, but it could give him consolation.

But that was when he was serving Freeza. Now he's got Earth.
"Don't take pleasure in destruction!" / "I will not let you destroy my world!"
A true hero goes beyond not the limits of power, but the limits that divide countries and people.

Yasai9001
Beyond Newbie

Post by Yasai9001 » Sat Feb 13, 2021 11:27 am

Big Boss wrote: Fri Feb 12, 2021 12:32 pm The only person who I could see being allowed to buy a planet, assuming they had the funds, is Captain Ginyu. His loyality to Freeza was immeasurable and was by far Freeza's most powerful henchman at the time, so I assume it could have happened if Ginyu asked for it. I like to think about the Ginyu Force being invited by Ginyu to rehearse their routine and do other shenanigans on the planet, like races or other games or something. :)
Same. I imagine each of the Ginyus have their own little individual planet and have their own planet as a group where they can do all the silly shit that they want. Given that they're the most successful and powerful group of the Freeza Force, I'm sure they were given much more liberties than the average soldier and even some other elite soldiers such as Vegeta, Zarbon, Cui, etc.

Yasai9001
Beyond Newbie

Post by Yasai9001 » Sat Feb 13, 2021 11:28 am

DragonBallFoodie wrote: Sat Feb 13, 2021 5:21 am Maybe Vegeta could have bought a new planet to make into his own. It wouldn't be his own world, but it could give him consolation.

But that was when he was serving Freeza. Now he's got Earth.
Vegeta wouldn't buy a planet under Freeza unless it was something in it for him in my opinion. But the fact that he potentially could was what I was hoping to get opinions from as far as the fanfic I'm working on is, given that he's hoping to have his own planet for reasons in order to establish himself as a household name in the universe like Freeza has

Lord Frieza
I Live Here

Post by Lord Frieza » Sun Feb 14, 2021 5:08 am

I actually wonder what the price for an entire planet is? I know we don't know the conversion rate between zeni and the silver bars but even then, an entire planet can't be cheap. As horrible as it is, it's a dame lucrative idea. To look at is from modern earth's stand point, it could provide us with thousands of years of new resources, a new home if earth ever/doe begin to be pushed to far and even a chance to do better. It all depends on what your after, hell you could turn the whole place into one giant vacation resort for the super reach, though I think thats a waste of a an entire planet.

Hell thats only planets like earth, most planets have some resources others could use even gas giants.

I often wonder if Frieza and co always exterminate sentient life on a planet, or just ones that would be able to put up a fight. I wonder if there was for example a planet with a stone age level race on it that were relatively weak. They literally stand no chance against any invading force of developed aliens so why waste his time sending solders? The only reason I could think of is to bump up the price, after all a worked dimond is worth more then an unworked one.

Yasai9001
Beyond Newbie

Post by Yasai9001 » Sun Feb 14, 2021 11:12 am

Lord Frieza wrote: Sun Feb 14, 2021 5:08 am I actually wonder what the price for an entire planet is? I know we don't know the conversion rate between zeni and the silver bars but even then, an entire planet can't be cheap. As horrible as it is, it's a dame lucrative idea. To look at is from modern earth's stand point, it could provide us with thousands of years of new resources, a new home if earth ever/doe begin to be pushed to far and even a chance to do better. It all depends on what your after, hell you could turn the whole place into one giant vacation resort for the super reach, though I think thats a waste of a an entire planet.

Hell thats only planets like earth, most planets have some resources others could use even gas giants.

I often wonder if Frieza and co always exterminate sentient life on a planet, or just ones that would be able to put up a fight. I wonder if there was for example a planet with a stone age level race on it that were relatively weak. They literally stand no chance against any invading force of developed aliens so why waste his time sending solders? The only reason I could think of is to bump up the price, after all a worked dimond is worth more then an unworked one.
These are all questions I need the answer to as well, lol

Zillamon51
Beyond Newbie

Post by Zillamon51 » Mon Feb 22, 2021 6:07 pm

Yasai9001 wrote: Sun Feb 14, 2021 11:12 am These are all questions I need the answer to as well, lol
There are no answers in canon, so you can do whatever you want, without contradicting anything.
"...It’s still going to be the same sort of easy-to-understand content as always." - Akira Toriyama, on transitioning from DBZ to DBS.

"Just repeat to yourself, It's just a show,
I should really just relax..." - MST3K theme song