So, I'm going to Animazement this weekend...

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Thanos6
Advanced Regular

So, I'm going to Animazement this weekend...

Post by Thanos6 » Tue May 20, 2008 11:45 am

Anything you all want me to ask Takeshi Kusao, Ryusei Nakao, Kara Edwards, Kyle Hebert, or Vic Mignogna?
Trunks & Goten forever

Vegeta Jr
Regular

Post by Vegeta Jr » Tue May 20, 2008 11:58 am

Trunks and Freeza eh, not exactly a question but if Ryusei Nakao says something to make you laugh YOU must replicate the Freeza laugh.

I wouldn't mind knowing what favourite Kageyama songs they have.

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Post by VegettoEX » Tue May 20, 2008 6:44 pm

I can't make it down, so get anything on audio that you can and send it to me... 8)
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

Rory
I Live Here

Post by Rory » Tue May 20, 2008 6:50 pm

Make a certain mr.Nakao say a certain qoute about fireworks.
" Zarbon san, Dodoria san! "

Catterix2006
Beyond Newbie

Post by Catterix2006 » Tue May 20, 2008 7:16 pm

Gar! Have fun. It irks me how many great conventions there are in America (Though, by comparing the number with landmass, it's about the same as the UK :P)

But, still, I'm going to the Excel Anime Convention this weekend! So Yay to that :D
I love humans, always seeing patterns in things that aren't there.

Saiyavenger2941
Advanced Regular

Post by Saiyavenger2941 » Tue May 20, 2008 7:28 pm

See if you can get Kara and Kyle to do a GohanxVidel scene, and then record it! (Maybe Gohan proposing to Videl?)
[color=#30966E][b]PROUDLY Straight-Edge. Arrogant. Gohan and Videl obsessed. BE JEALOUS![/b][/color]
---
[url=http://bit.ly/F3l7t]DA[/url]|[url=http://bit.ly/2FC03o]FFNet[/url]|[url=http://bit.ly/pE5Xs]Youtube[/url]|[url=http://bit.ly/lCOED]Facebook[/url]|[url=http://bit.ly/rWFtp]Livejournal[/url]|[url=http://bit.ly/zrd4v]Twitter[/url]|[url=http://bit.ly/pYRHD]Flickr[/url]|PSN: Saiyavenger

Captain Awesome
Patreon Supporter

Post by Captain Awesome » Tue May 20, 2008 7:46 pm

Saiyavenger2941 wrote:See if you can get Kara and Kyle to do a GohanxVidel scene, and then record it! (Maybe Gohan proposing to Videl?)
I'm really glad you clarified exactly what type of scene you wanted them to do..

Anyway, I'm supremely jealous, we don't really have many conventions here in Australia, Supernova is on next month, and the only Dragonball related guy thats going to be there is Sean Schemmel.

I'll probably make the trip though, I've never been to a con, so it will be interesting.

Brakus
Beyond Newbie

Re: So, I'm going to Animazement this weekend...

Post by Brakus » Tue May 20, 2008 9:50 pm

Thanos6 wrote:Anything you all want me to ask Takeshi Kusao, Ryusei Nakao, Kara Edwards, Kyle Hebert, or Vic Mignogna?
I'm going there too - there's got to be some really good, borderline-creepy questions we can ask Ryusei Nakao about Freeza. ;-)

(something like, "so who's the top/seme/dominant one anyway, Freeza or Cell?")
- J

"Whatever you do, enjoy it to the fullest. That is the secret of life."
-- Rider (Iskander), Fate/Zero

Thanos6
Advanced Regular

Post by Thanos6 » Tue May 20, 2008 9:54 pm

Ha! I'm half-tempted to ask Kusao and Edwards what they think about the couple in my avatar. ;)

I'll be the one in the blindingly bright Hawaiian shirt, most likely.
Trunks & Goten forever

Tatsunoboshi Horoko
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Tatsunoboshi Horoko » Tue May 20, 2008 11:44 pm

Could someone get Ryusei Nakao to say the "omae wa ore ni korosareru beki nanda" line (on tape.) That'd make my day.

Thanos6
Advanced Regular

Post by Thanos6 » Wed May 21, 2008 12:22 am

Tatsunoboshi Horoko wrote:Could someone get Ryusei Nakao to say the "omae wa ore ni korosareru beki nanda" line (on tape.) That'd make my day.
I'll try. What line is that again?
Trunks & Goten forever

Tatsunoboshi Horoko
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Tatsunoboshi Horoko » Wed May 21, 2008 12:27 am

When Goku is flying away after sharing a bit of his Ki with Freeza. Freeza, pissed and gritting his teeth, starts uttering the line. Then, Goku blasts through Freeza's attack ("BAKAYAROU!!") and kills him.

...And if you don't feel like reading that, it should be episode 105, but I'm not entirely sure.

Sebastian (SB)
Advanced Regular

Post by Sebastian (SB) » Wed May 21, 2008 8:59 am

For the love of God, don't forget Akira Kamiya. The only DB related-stuff he did was Garlic Jr. in DBZ Movie 1. Non-DB related, but I wonder if he can still do his "ATAATATATATA" from Kenshiro in Hokuto no Ken after all these years.
XBL Gamertag: Dragon Piece
Send me a message letting me know who you are
[quote="penguintruth"]In the case of the Mountain Dew, the DBZ dub is like drinking Mountain Dew and thinking, "I sure do love Coca Cola!"[/quote]

Thanos6
Advanced Regular

Post by Thanos6 » Wed May 21, 2008 11:34 am

Hmm, somehow I missed him.

Also, if someone could doublecheck the pronunciation of Kusao and Nakao? I think I know how to pronounce them, but I'm not sure, and I don't want to screw up.
Trunks & Goten forever

Tatsunoboshi Horoko
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Tatsunoboshi Horoko » Wed May 21, 2008 11:56 am

Ku as in Coo (albeit softer)
Sa as is Salmon (once again, softer)
o just rolls off of "sa" and shouldn't really have that much of a difference in pronunciation.

Same with "Nakao" ("Na" is pronounced softer than you normally world...but it's sort of hard to explain, sort of like "nah" as opposed to a hard pronunciation, "naeh", or "nay"; "Ka" is pronounced "Kah"; and so on and so forth for "o.")

Oh, and is Akira Kamiya going to be there? I would have a whole list of (non-DB related) quotes for him to say.

The Time Traveller
Patreon Supporter

Post by The Time Traveller » Wed May 21, 2008 2:22 pm

Tatsunoboshi Horoko wrote:Ku as in Coo (albeit softer)
Sa as is Salmon (once again, softer)
o just rolls off of "sa" and shouldn't really have that much of a difference in pronunciation.
Don't you mean Ku as in Coo and Sao as in Sour?

Tatsunoboshi Horoko
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Tatsunoboshi Horoko » Wed May 21, 2008 2:38 pm

Well, no, that didn't even cross my mind; however, yes, that's a much better way to explain things. :)

Thanos6
Advanced Regular

Post by Thanos6 » Fri May 23, 2008 3:10 pm

Thanos6 reporting to you live from Animazement. Had a good time so far, bought a nice statue of Kefka from Final Fantasy VI. The first of the DB autograph sessions starts in an hour and a half or so, and I'll be there.

I had printed out a nice selection of images to get everyone to sign, but unfortunately my girlfriend mislaid them during the trip packing (Jesus, give her ONE THING to do...), so barring a visit to Kinko's with the CD either really soon or, later tonight for a signing on some other day, that's out of the question. :x

I do, however, have a camera and also a sound recorder, so Saiyavenger, Tatsunoboshi Horoko, I'll see what I can manage later today.

If anyone else is there, I'm the guy in the red Hard Rock Cafe - Boston t-shirt.
Trunks & Goten forever

Thanos6
Advanced Regular

Post by Thanos6 » Fri May 23, 2008 4:38 pm

OK, so I got Nakao-san to say his line as requested, Tatsunoboshi, and I have it on my recorder (he says it once in his normal voice to try it out, then says it again as Freeza, complete with the laugh). Unfortunately, before I could get Hebert and Edwards to say or sign anything, some dunce pulled the fire alarm and we all had to leave for a bit. I'll see what I can do.

Also, it's worth mentioning, I think, that Nakao-san was very nice and polite. Even if inside he was thinking "how dare this stupid American ask for a READING at an AUTOGRAPH SESSION," outside he was all smiles and handshakes. Same goes for his interpreter, though alas, I didn't catch her name.

I'll try and get more readings, autographs, and hopefully some pictures as the weekend goes on.
Trunks & Goten forever

Vegeta Jr
Regular

Post by Vegeta Jr » Fri May 23, 2008 4:40 pm

Thanos6 wrote:OK, so I got Nakao-san to say his line as requested, Tatsunoboshi, and I have it on my recorder (he says it once in his normal voice to try it out, then says it again as Freeza, complete with the laugh). Unfortunately, before I could get Hebert and Edwards to say or sign anything, some dunce pulled the fire alarm and we all had to leave for a bit. I'll see what I can do.

Also, it's worth mentioning, I think, that Nakao-san was very nice and polite. Even if inside he was thinking "how dare this stupid American ask for a READING at an AUTOGRAPH SESSION," outside he was all smiles and handshakes. Same goes for his interpreter, though alas, I didn't catch her name.

I'll try and get more readings, autographs, and hopefully some pictures as the weekend goes on.
Niiiice can't wait to hear it.