Ryuusei Nakao rocks Animazement! And other DBZ stuff :)

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Brakus
Beyond Newbie

Ryuusei Nakao rocks Animazement! And other DBZ stuff :)

Post by Brakus » Sat May 24, 2008 6:21 pm

Here I am at Animazement, and the voice of Freeza, Ryuusei Nakao, put on a great panel this morning. He also had some great stuff at the packed DBZ panel later this afternoon. Check some of these videos out, especially of the Ryuusei Nakao's panel:

-- At Nakao-san's panel, he showed a relatively new piece of animation that was made for a Japanese TV program. The piece has two sides, one a "right" side and a "wrong" side, and we needed to point out 7 things different on the "wrong" side. It's neat to see this new Goku/Freeza animation. I did the best I could with these videos:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K9tZ2CSRlIU (part 1)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L194_pb31oA (part 2)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FrYpJH3aIVU (part 3)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AsRdJmXz9gI (part 4)

Nakao-san also invited some audience members to help him dub the scene. I was one of the participants, too, but I didn't record myself doing it... hopefully someone else will do it and show my long Kamehameha. In the meantime, here's one person:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Osj-2uSnQ84

Later, at the DBZ panel, Nakao-san talked about his vast anime career.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a7-Aw4Cp9XE

There was another dub session, this time with me (I was drafted) and another con-goer. I made a nice comment about the Freeza saga: "Five minutes for how many episodes?"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UkG8aFZWtCY

Finally, Freeza does a kamehameha!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G1HmBP0H6II

Also there were some moments with Kyle Hebert and Vic Mignogna:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HJvptMDDxPI (Vic and Broly)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JTkKV8iM8V0 (Kyle Hebert's favorite Great Saiyaman line)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pVUjBO2ddLM (Fans stand in for the VA's)

So far, it's been a fun weekend. Mike and Meri, wish you were here!!!
- J

"Whatever you do, enjoy it to the fullest. That is the secret of life."
-- Rider (Iskander), Fate/Zero

Vegeta Jr
Regular

Post by Vegeta Jr » Sat May 24, 2008 7:00 pm

That Kamehameha was amazing, god I'm so jealous.

Super Sonic
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Super Sonic » Sat May 24, 2008 7:11 pm

I'm guessing he was Burter in the Budokai Tenkaichi games? Nice videos.

Captain Awesome
Patreon Supporter

Post by Captain Awesome » Sat May 24, 2008 7:16 pm

I'm still grinning with fanboy glee.

I'm pretty sure I woke everyone up in the house playing that three times over.

Thanks for sharing!

Thanos6
Advanced Regular

Post by Thanos6 » Sat May 24, 2008 7:28 pm

Curse you for stealing my thunder! ;)

I was the guy who asked who he thought did the best job.
Trunks & Goten forever

Vekurotto
Regular

Post by Vekurotto » Sat May 24, 2008 7:30 pm

That event looked so awesome. I really wish I was there.
Be grateful the filler in Dragon Ball doesn't suck like the 3rd arc of Rurouni Kenshin.

[size=59][quote="Onikage725"]Anakin: I'm haunted by the kiss that you should never have given me. My heart is beating…hoping that kiss will not become a scar. You are in my very soul, tormenting me…what can I do? I will do anything you ask. If you are suffering as much as I am, please, tell me.

Me: YES! Please shut the fuck up!![/quote][/size]

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Post by VegettoEX » Sat May 24, 2008 9:40 pm

Thanks so much for the clips! Probably have more to say, but I'll just leave it at that we had already recorded the episode for this weekend, mentioned the stuff going on, and I'm inserting a clip of the Freeza Kamehameha during that discussion :).
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

Brakus
Beyond Newbie

Post by Brakus » Sun May 25, 2008 12:28 am

I'm very thrilled that you have enjoyed my clips. People ask why is DBZ still popular after the last of the "new" episodes aired years ago in the States (and moreso in Japan)? People still remember and enjoy the show. The sheer fact that the room was packed to the rafters for the DBZ panel this afternoon is a testimony to the longevity and popularity of Dragon Ball Z after all these years.

God Bless Akira Toriyama :)
- J

The Time Traveller
Patreon Supporter

Post by The Time Traveller » Sun May 25, 2008 3:35 am

Who the hell's talking over Vic? I hate it when people do that.

NeptuneKai
I Live Here

Post by NeptuneKai » Sun May 25, 2008 8:41 am

The Time Traveller wrote:Who the hell's talking over Vic? I hate it when people do that.

I think it's the guy who is recording the clip. I'm grateful for the insight and everything but it sounds like he was trying to have a casual conversation with the crew that was addressing a huge mass. I really despise that too to be honest. I have a kid at school who does it ALL the time during lectures.
Aro started to laugh. “Ha, ha, ha,” he chuckled.- Actual quote from Twilight

tinlunlau
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by tinlunlau » Sun May 25, 2008 11:24 am

I think I've seen the "spot the difference" clip before.
It's from an episode of Morning Musume's show where the voice of Goku makes a special guest appearance.
The world is your's.

Ash
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Ash » Sun May 25, 2008 12:15 pm

Nope, the spot the difference clip is from the gameshow IQ Sapuri, which features celebrities trying to solve riddles and stuff. There have also been clips for shows like One Piece, Chibi Maruko-chan and GeGeGe no Kitarou.
[i]"Rationality, that was it. No esoteric mumbo jumbo could fool that fellow. Lord, no! His two feet were planted solidly on God's good earth"[/i] - The Lamp of God, Ellery Queen

Brakus
Beyond Newbie

Post by Brakus » Sun May 25, 2008 3:05 pm

NeptuneKai wrote:
The Time Traveller wrote:Who the hell's talking over Vic? I hate it when people do that.

I think it's the guy who is recording the clip. I'm grateful for the insight and everything but it sounds like he was trying to have a casual conversation with the crew that was addressing a huge mass. I really despise that too to be honest. I have a kid at school who does it ALL the time during lectures.
I do not appreciate you two criticizing my fanboying out and "trying to carry on a conversation" and such. It's just the way I am. And I've posted other clips like this without anybody making rude and snide comments like yours. I don't see any reason why I should stop with that. I post these for my own benefit so that others can enjoy, but if you all are going to be criticizing my clips (and the way I record them), I *MIGHT* take them ALL down. Fair warning. I don't wish to deprive others of these clips because people like you want to spoil my enthusiasm.
- J

NeptuneKai
I Live Here

Post by NeptuneKai » Sun May 25, 2008 9:02 pm

Brakus wrote:
NeptuneKai wrote:

I do not appreciate you two criticizing my fanboying out and "trying to carry on a conversation" and such. It's just the way I am. And I've posted other clips like this without anybody making rude and snide comments like yours. I don't see any reason why I should stop with that. I post these for my own benefit so that others can enjoy, but if you all are going to be criticizing my clips (and the way I record them), I *MIGHT* take them ALL down. Fair warning. I don't wish to deprive others of these clips because people like you want to spoil my enthusiasm.
Wow no need to get so offended over it, our comments aren't rude or snide we're just saying it's annoying in our opinion but we're still grateful. Threatening to take down the videos doesn't want to make me apologize it just puts me in a defensive state so good luck getting an “I’m sorry” that way buddy. We have a right to an opinion whether you like it or not.
Aro started to laugh. “Ha, ha, ha,” he chuckled.- Actual quote from Twilight

Thanos6
Advanced Regular

Post by Thanos6 » Sun May 25, 2008 9:29 pm

I've got the whole mass DB panel on tape, which I'll slice up and upload once I figure how.
Trunks & Goten forever

Brakus
Beyond Newbie

Post by Brakus » Mon May 26, 2008 10:15 am

Thanos6 wrote:I've got the whole mass DB panel on tape, which I'll slice up and upload once I figure how.
Actually, that'd be neat as long as it looks good. :) There were some interesting questions asked during the panel, and I'd like to hear some of those again.
- J

Rory
I Live Here

Post by Rory » Mon May 26, 2008 1:33 pm

I find it amazingly difficult to spot differences when SEXY new Dragonball animations are being shown. If they can do it for this, why must we be getting shit 3D introductions for the games..

Son Wukong
Regular

Post by Son Wukong » Mon May 26, 2008 2:32 pm

My speakers are busted and I can't make out the differences solely based on the video. Could someone maybe point them out?

fps_anth
Advanced Regular

Post by fps_anth » Mon May 26, 2008 6:02 pm

His laugh is just...amazing. And the kamehameha was epic.

ect5150
Advanced Regular

Post by ect5150 » Mon May 26, 2008 10:00 pm

Can anyone translate what is being said between the laugh and the KamehameHa?

That clip was awesome!
ect5150
Better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt.
DB DBox color corrections & DBox color corrections.