"Dragon Ball Super (Manga)" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

LoganForkHands73
Advanced Regular

Re: "Dragon Ball Super (Manga)" Official Discussion Thread

Post by LoganForkHands73 » Sat Jul 17, 2021 2:00 pm

Magnificent Ponta wrote: Sat Jul 17, 2021 1:27 pm
LoganForkHands73 wrote: Sat Jul 17, 2021 1:10 pm(though a part of me was hoping that he wouldn't have a typical transformation at all, rather that he'd use Hakai power to complement his other forms as Goku does with Ultra Instinct)
It's possible he still might, in the fullness of time.

Insofar as Goku is looking to integrate his Divine Technique with his ordinary states without being reliant on a particular transformation to use it (in the way that the Angels do), whereas Vegeta has just attained a Divine Transformation of his own in order to wield the power of his Divine Technique properly, this means that Goku is still arguably conceptually ahead of Vegeta, even though Vegeta's form may take him ahead of Goku practically right now (sort of how his Moro arc SSjBe was beyond Goku's Omen, though Ultra Instinct was still the 'New Frontier' of that arc).

So that may be the next step for Vegeta as well, in his training - after all, Beerus doesn't seem to need a transformation to wield that kind of power, either.
Quite likely, plus the earlier drafts showed Vegeta apparently using Hakai while in SS Blue, just as he had been destroying matter in his base form while training with Beerus.

RE: The A E S T H E T I C. Maybe instead of the eyebrowless look, Vegeta gains cat-like slit pupils... or would that be too on-the-nose? Could someone more motivated than me try photoshopping that in pls, thx.

TheMikado
I Live Here

Post by TheMikado » Sat Jul 17, 2021 2:02 pm

precita wrote: Sat Jul 17, 2021 1:56 pm
DiscountDabi wrote: Sat Jul 17, 2021 1:44 pm I will say this. When SSG first was revealed, people hated it. When Golden Frieza was revealed, people hated it. When Mastered Ultra Instinct was revealed, people hated it. When Ikari Broly was revealed, People hated it.

Give people enough time, they'll like it. Just gotta get over the initial shock.
With the exception of Ultra Instinct, I think most of the other forms are still disliked.
Exactly, I still hate every single one of those transformations. UI Omen is the literally the only modern form I’m ok with.

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Sat Jul 17, 2021 2:04 pm

DiscountDabi wrote: Sat Jul 17, 2021 1:44 pm I will say this. When SSG first was revealed, people hated it. When Golden Frieza was revealed, people hated it. When Mastered Ultra Instinct was revealed, people hated it. When Ikari Broly was revealed, People hated it.

Give people enough time, they'll like it. Just gotta get over the initial shock.
Well, I certainly can't speak for everyone, but those forms are still crap for me.

The thing about Ultra Instinct is not about recolor, if I were to choose any other color other than yellow for Saiyans, it'd be white/silver. I don't think that transformation is ugly but it does contribute to the Saiyans transformations fatigue, so there's that.

Can you provide some sources of people "hating" Rage form?

And about this form, much of the dislike, from what I can tell, is connected to Super Saiyan 3. So if people don't like Super Saiyan 3, chances are they won't like this either. They might just come to "accept" it easier depending on how it looks animated, but not to the point of completely like the form/be indifferent to it (like I am to Ultra Instinct). You shouldn't really say people are gonna like it. It's not like we can predict something like this and confidently say people now like something they didn't like before.
We help! ... Hmm. Always get Autobots out of messes they get into.

~ Day of the Machines ~

Yuji
Advanced Regular

Post by Yuji » Sat Jul 17, 2021 2:10 pm

Did a 5 minute redesign. Not sure if it's the best thing ever, but I like it.

Kinokima
I Live Here

Post by Kinokima » Sat Jul 17, 2021 2:13 pm

Yuji wrote: Sat Jul 17, 2021 2:10 pm Did a 5 minute redesign. Not sure if it's the best thing ever, but I like it.

I do like the eyeliner somehow that helps

TheMikado
I Live Here

Post by TheMikado » Sat Jul 17, 2021 2:20 pm

Kinokima wrote: Sat Jul 17, 2021 2:13 pm
Yuji wrote: Sat Jul 17, 2021 2:10 pm Did a 5 minute redesign. Not sure if it's the best thing ever, but I like it.

I do like the eyeliner somehow that helps
Thank you! That’s exactly what I’ve been saying.

It helps the dead in the eyes look. The purple hair is crap though as is the general transformation.

TheDankness

Post by TheDankness » Sat Jul 17, 2021 2:21 pm

Alright, I think that Vegeta does not clap MUI Goku. Here's why, I think that they gave Vegeta a new form to parallel Goku's MUI Form, not to be stronger than Goku, but to have something that can scale to the level of power Goku is on now. Also Vegeta is not going to beat granola THIS EARLY in the arc, here's what's gonna happen Vegeta uses hakai and granola barley deflects it. Vegeta gets cocky and spams hakai because he cant really damage granola from a physical level because GRANOLA IS STRONGER THAN EVERYONE OTHER THAN GODS (just cause he uses hakai does not make him a god) So then granola uses a higher level of power and claps Vegeta BECAUSE COCKY VEGETA and then granola EVECIRATES Vegeta's Hakai's (i made this post coz vegeta fans were immediately going OMG VEGETA CLAPS GOKU ONE SHOT GG EZ) You may be asking ''why did goku get OHKO'ed'' BECAUSE VEGETA NEEDED TO FIGHT (aka plot armor)

Vegeta cant be stronger than UI Goku (for now). Yes, Vegeta survived the punch of Granola.
Goku got a direct hit to his heart by Granola which can „instantly“ kill a person but Goku barely survived it.

Saying Vegeta is stronger than Goku now coz he survived a punch to his stomach is dumb

ZodiacBeast
Beyond Newbie

Post by ZodiacBeast » Sat Jul 17, 2021 2:23 pm

Nice! I like it.

TheMikado
I Live Here

Post by TheMikado » Sat Jul 17, 2021 2:27 pm

Just realized now he looks like Rob Zombie

DiscountDabi
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by DiscountDabi » Sat Jul 17, 2021 2:30 pm

SupremeKai25
I Live Here

Post by SupremeKai25 » Sat Jul 17, 2021 2:31 pm

So basically the only thing that changes with this transformation is that he loses his eyebrows.

Damn, what an amazing transformation :lol:

TheMikado
I Live Here

Post by TheMikado » Sat Jul 17, 2021 2:32 pm

DiscountDabi wrote: Sat Jul 17, 2021 2:30 pm Image
This looks better than it should or deserves to

DiscountDabi
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by DiscountDabi » Sat Jul 17, 2021 2:33 pm

TheMikado wrote: Sat Jul 17, 2021 2:32 pm This looks better than it should or deserves to
Just a bit of color and it totaly distracts from the lack of eyebrows

UpFromTheSkies
I Live Here

Post by UpFromTheSkies » Sat Jul 17, 2021 2:35 pm

After seeing his full body I like the transformation. If his hair is purple I hope it stays very dark like that, and maybe grows out like SS3.

Yuji
Advanced Regular

Post by Yuji » Sat Jul 17, 2021 2:37 pm

If his hair is truly purple, I think he looks a bit undead. Maybe it was intentional to fit in with the Anubis themeing?
Last edited by Yuji on Sat Jul 17, 2021 2:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

TheMikado
I Live Here

Post by TheMikado » Sat Jul 17, 2021 2:37 pm

DiscountDabi wrote: Sat Jul 17, 2021 2:33 pm
TheMikado wrote: Sat Jul 17, 2021 2:32 pm This looks better than it should or deserves to
Then that just reaffirms its a poor design for a predominantly black and white manga

DiscountDabi
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by DiscountDabi » Sat Jul 17, 2021 2:38 pm

TheMikado wrote: Sat Jul 17, 2021 2:37 pm
Then that just reaffirms its a poor design for a predominantly black and white manga
Well from a manga that primarily transforms its characters with a color change, I'd like to see you do better tbh

TheMikado
I Live Here

Post by TheMikado » Sat Jul 17, 2021 2:44 pm

DiscountDabi wrote: Sat Jul 17, 2021 2:38 pm
TheMikado wrote: Sat Jul 17, 2021 2:37 pm

Well from a manga that primarily transforms its characters with a color change, I'd like to see you do better tbh
The did it right the first time, dark hair/dark eye Saiyan to light hair, light eye Super Saiyan. The color changes now are just sad, impractical, and creatively bankrupt.

Slangh
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Slangh » Sat Jul 17, 2021 3:05 pm

The lower hair part is bending down somewhat. Looks like this transformation is just the beginning

Thani
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Thani » Sat Jul 17, 2021 3:11 pm

DiscountDabi wrote: Sat Jul 17, 2021 2:30 pm Image
Yeah, it's absolutely better in collor. It's not even funny.

I seriously disliked this transformation, but the effects are cool. As long as it's supposedly "MUI"'s equal in concept, I'm fine with it.