Dragon Ball Super Strength Discussion Thread

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Koitsukai
I Live Here

Re: Dragon Ball Super Strength Discussion Thread

Post by Koitsukai » Sun Aug 08, 2021 11:03 am

Blue Kaioken from the manga should only be like twice CSSB, at most. I wouldn't be surprised if he only got like a 1.5 boost.
SSBE doubling CSSB makes sense to me, if it is sorta SS2 to SSB.

Omen and UI who knows, don't think it really matters, it's more about the efficiency of the power, not really about the power itself. But maybe 5x and 10x? Or 10x and 20x?

Nevaeh
Beyond Newbie

Post by Nevaeh » Sun Aug 08, 2021 5:14 pm

Toyo took a page out of Toei's book because gains like current Vegeta > Broly were usually anime exclusive

BWri
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by BWri » Sun Aug 08, 2021 5:19 pm

Koitsukai wrote: Mon Aug 02, 2021 8:24 am It was really dumb to include the Broly-Beerus comparison when they had no idea where they would end up having Beerus, and if they did then it's even dumber.
It's a promotional statement. That's why they keep doing it.
Big fan of the characters of Dragon Ball, all of them, especially formerly prominent sub-characters. -__-

ZombieVito
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ZombieVito » Sun Aug 08, 2021 9:11 pm

Koitsukai wrote: Sun Aug 08, 2021 11:03 am Blue Kaioken from the manga should only be like twice CSSB, at most. I wouldn't be surprised if he only got like a 1.5 boost.
SSBE doubling CSSB makes sense to me, if it is sorta SS2 to SSB.

Omen and UI who knows, don't think it really matters, it's more about the efficiency of the power, not really about the power itself. But maybe 5x and 10x? Or 10x and 20x?
SSBE being only a 2 times boost seems way to small.

Especially considering base Gogeta is Blue level and it took Blue Gogeta to beat Broly, whom Vegeta needs SSBE to surpass.

Thani
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Thani » Sun Aug 08, 2021 10:43 pm

To me, Blue Evolution is that example of a transformation that actually gets stronger. It went from being weaker than UI Omen to surpassing it in the Moro arc, apparently. Unless we argue that Vegeta is, apart from transformations, stronger than Goku overall.

ZombieVito
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ZombieVito » Sun Aug 08, 2021 11:52 pm

Thani wrote: Sun Aug 08, 2021 10:43 pm To me, Blue Evolution is that example of a transformation that actually gets stronger. It went from being weaker than UI Omen to surpassing it in the Moro arc, apparently. Unless we argue that Vegeta is, apart from transformations, stronger than Goku overall.
Vegeta grew stronger by "leaps and bounds" during his training in Yadart.

Goku also said that he needed to surpass Vegeta again after he came back to Earth so yeah, I believe Vegeta was indeed stronger in equal forms.

Draconic
I Live Here

Post by Draconic » Mon Aug 09, 2021 5:26 am

Toyotaro confirms Broly is stronger than post-Moro Goku. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Means Broly is stronger than Moro too.

Let's see how you spin this, guys.
Check out the videos below, made by yours truly!

Goku vs Beerus BOG/Super mash-up https://gofile.io/d/kKKnMe

Vegeta vs Freeza ROF/Super mash-up https://gofile.io/d/MKPepW

Sora Saiyan
Advanced Regular

Post by Sora Saiyan » Mon Aug 09, 2021 5:53 am

Draconic wrote: Mon Aug 09, 2021 5:26 am Toyotaro confirms Broly is stronger than post-Moro Goku. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

That was all over the place in a scaling sense. He finishes it with calling Granolah, Goku and Vegeta the 1st, 2nd and 3rd strongest in the universe. So yeah.. kinda hard to get a solid read on anything. So yeah, that got annoying and made this whole thing convoluted.

Edit: Listening back I don't think I actually can hear Toyo mention Broly at all, it sounds like Uchida does. But I don't know Japanese so this would be better to be confirmed by somebody that does. After it does reiterate Whis, Beerus and the Grand priest however.

Jack Bz
Regular

Post by Jack Bz » Mon Aug 09, 2021 6:53 am

Draconic wrote: Mon Aug 09, 2021 5:26 am Toyotaro confirms Broly is stronger than post-Moro Goku. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Toyo doesn't mention Broly himself. He only mentions Whis, Beerus, and the Grand Priest.

He also describes Goku, Vegeta and Granolah as "The 1st, 2nd, and 3rd strongest in the universe" (but doesn't clarify who is which).

FishermanJohnWest
Beyond Newbie

Post by FishermanJohnWest » Mon Aug 09, 2021 7:08 am

Jack Bz wrote: Mon Aug 09, 2021 6:53 am

Toyo doesn't mention Broly himself. He only mentions Whis, Beerus, and the Grand Priest.

He also describes Goku, Vegeta and Granolah as "The 1st, 2nd, and 3rd strongest in the universe" (but doesn't clarify who is which).
He doesn't need too

He adds Beerus, Whis and GP, he doesn't deny Broly placement

and this is the DBS editor, he works with them

FishermanJohnWest
Beyond Newbie

Post by FishermanJohnWest » Mon Aug 09, 2021 7:10 am

Called it

Jack Bz
Regular

Post by Jack Bz » Mon Aug 09, 2021 7:17 am

FishermanJohnWest wrote: Mon Aug 09, 2021 7:08 am He doesn't need too

He mentions Whis and the GP. Uchida brings up Broly, which he ignores, but repeates Beerus when Uchida mentions him.

You also totally ignored the part where he says this about Goku/Vegeta/Granolah:

FishermanJohnWest
Beyond Newbie

Post by FishermanJohnWest » Mon Aug 09, 2021 7:18 am

Jack Bz wrote: Mon Aug 09, 2021 7:17 am
FishermanJohnWest wrote: Mon Aug 09, 2021 7:08 am He doesn't need too

He mentions Whis and the GP. Uchida brings up Broly, which he ignores, but repeates Beerus when he is mentioned.

You also totally ignored the part where he says this about Goku/Vegeta/Granolah:

bruh they literally showed a panel of Broly lol stop denying it

And who cares about Granola, we will see how legit this strongest in the universe stuff is now that Broly is rementioned

Jack Bz
Regular

Post by Jack Bz » Mon Aug 09, 2021 7:23 am

FishermanJohnWest wrote: Mon Aug 09, 2021 7:18 am bruh they literally showed a panel of Broly lol stop denying it
Toyo, clear as day in this same interview, says that Goku Vegeta and Granolah are the 3 strongest in the universe. He isn't in charge of editing the video and deciding what images are shown. If you think that Uchida's words are more valuable than Toyo's, you do you, but what Toyo says is a direct contradiction to Broly being the strongest in the universe, and he doesn't reiterate that statement like he does with Beerus. He just ignores it.
And who cares about Granola
What does this even mean, dude.

Sora Saiyan
Advanced Regular

Post by Sora Saiyan » Mon Aug 09, 2021 8:11 am

Jack Bz wrote: Mon Aug 09, 2021 7:23 am
FishermanJohnWest wrote: Mon Aug 09, 2021 7:18 am bruh they literally showed a panel of Broly lol stop denying it
Toyo, clear as day in this same interview, says that Goku Vegeta and Granolah are the 3 strongest in the universe. He isn't in charge of editing the video and deciding what images are shown. If you think that Uchida's words are more valuable than Toyo's, you do you, but what Toyo says is a direct contradiction to Broly being the strongest in the universe, and he doesn't reiterate that statement like he does with Beerus. He just ignores it.
Yeah this is basically where I am with it. The video editing is nothing to do with Toyo, and Uchida mentioned Broly. Like you have stated, and I stated in my previous post, he reiterates GP, Whis and Beerus, but ignores Broly. Due to lacking any knowledge of Japanese I would like to see if Toyo acknowledges what is said by Uchida in some form, but as is currently known he didn't, and it would make little sense if that was the cases as when he reiterated the ones above Goku he could've put Broly in, but he chose not to even though it would be fresh in his mind thanks to Uchida. So going by the source material and exclusively Toyos words Broly would currently be 4th on the list of the strongest in the universe.

Nevaeh
Beyond Newbie

Post by Nevaeh » Mon Aug 09, 2021 8:30 am

"Strongest in the universe excluding the gods"

"Goku is the strongest mortal"

:lol:

People should start taking these proclamations with mountains of salt

LightBing
I Live Here

Post by LightBing » Mon Aug 09, 2021 8:36 am

Currently strongest mortals:
1st - Granolah
2nd/3rd - Goku/Vegeta (order to be determined maybe Vegeta gets 1st if he wins)
4th -- Broly
5th - Freeza

Can't say I like Broly being surpassed this soon. It makes the character irrelevant, Goku just won't ever show up there if he has Vegeta to play with. :lol:

Plus all the power-scaling implications. Beerus doesn't do anything but is just getting stronger because the writers are coming up with stuff on the spot.

Koitsukai
I Live Here

Post by Koitsukai » Mon Aug 09, 2021 9:22 am

Sora Saiyan wrote: Mon Aug 09, 2021 8:11 am
Jack Bz wrote: Mon Aug 09, 2021 7:23 am
Yeah this is basically where I am with it. The video editing is nothing to do with Toyo, and Uchida mentioned Broly. Like you have stated, and I stated in my previous post, he reiterates GP, Whis and Beerus, but ignores Broly. Due to lacking any knowledge of Japanese I would like to see if Toyo acknowledges what is said by Uchida in some form, but as is currently known he didn't, and it would make little sense if that was the cases as when he reiterated the ones above Goku he could've put Broly in, but he chose not to even though it would be fresh in his mind thanks to Uchida. So going by the source material and exclusively Toyos words Broly would currently be 4th on the list of the strongest in the universe.
Yeah, this. Doesn't matter who is Uchida's favourite character(specially when he is not even acknowledge while mentioning him), lol, he even admitted his PL in that room is 0 while Toyo and Tori are a million an 10 million. So how can his word be worth anymore than Toyo's?

Besides, what could Toyo say about Broly when he is not even part of his manga, people's fanatism over certain characters really makes them see stuff that isn't there.

This is Broly status now: "hey, I heard there was mentioned somehow in one interview, he must be the strongest ever".

Hugo Boss
I Live Here

Post by Hugo Boss » Mon Aug 09, 2021 9:59 am

Given the exchange between Toyotaro and Uchida, it seems they acknowledge that Whis, Beerus and Grand Priest are stronger than Granolah, Goku and Vegeta, whom are in their turn stronger than Broly and Freeza. Right now.

Devilman21/

Post by Devilman21/ » Mon Aug 09, 2021 12:36 pm

I still think it doesn't make a whole lot of sense for Beerus to still be stronger than Goku and even Vegeta at this point but I suppose this is something we are just going to accept. As far as Broly goes, I suppose if we are to believe that Beerus is still stronger than Goku/Vegeta and that DBS: Broly line about him being "maybe even stronger than Beerus" is still true, it could very well be possible than Broly is stronger than the duo. That being said i agree with previous posters that It doesn't seem like Toyo was saying Broly > Goku/Vegeta and that was just a added bit from the interviewer.

As far as my current power ranking goes: Grand Priest > Whis > Beerus (??) > Granolah > MUI Goku >= Hakaishin Vegeta > Broly > Freeza.

I'll probably revise this once we get a better idea of where Hakaishin Vegeta stands in relation to Goku but this feels right. Beerus's placement doesn't sit right with me but what can you do.