Episode #0066 (25 February 2007)

We cover anything and everything Dragon Ball in hopes of enlightening... and a little bit of entertaining. Hosted every week by the Kanzenshuu staff and regular special guests from the professional and fandom communities. Your first, best, last, and only Dragon Ball podcast!

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Wisey1992

Post by Wisey1992 » Sat Jun 07, 2008 7:04 am

I was listening to the podcast about FUnimation's uncut messups, and at the time i was looking to buy some DB/Z/GT boxsets - the entire Series. After listening to your podcast i got a bit unsure as to which one i should buy from ebay(low budget).
Could any of you possibly view these URL's and tell me which ones are the "most uncut" or better, if any of them are?

1. Image

2. Image

3. Image - Top of DVD cases reads "Ultimate Uncut Special Edition" however the DBZ episodes only add up to 276, i'm sure uncut added up to 291??

The reason i am unsure about these is that there are seemingly two completely different sets of cases, the images from "1." and then the other images which are similar, for example they both contain Dragonball "Ultimate Uncut Special Edition" Parts 1 & 2, but the DBZ and GT cases seem to be different in one of them.
Does anyone with some past knowledge know why these are different and in what ways??
Advice?
Thanks, Wisey x
[/i]

Captain Awesome
Patreon Supporter

Post by Captain Awesome » Sat Jun 07, 2008 11:50 am

All of those dvd's you listed are bootlegs, which aren't condoned here, so you won't get much help from anyone concerning those.

As someone wanting to get into the series, if you're more of a casual fan, you can't go wrong with Funimation's season boxsets, if you're picky about aspect ratios and the little details like I am, then it's either down the horrible road of tracking down old dvd singles, or importing expensive R2 dvd's.

Wisey1992

Post by Wisey1992 » Sat Jun 07, 2008 12:03 pm

How can you tell?

Wisey1992

Post by Wisey1992 » Sat Jun 07, 2008 12:16 pm

I am looking to purchase the uncut versions of Dragonball/Z/GT, which i have rarely seen.
But they are very hard to find, as i can't tell what is and isn't uncut and often you can't get the entire Series in one Boxset etc.

Captain Awesome
Patreon Supporter

Post by Captain Awesome » Sat Jun 07, 2008 12:31 pm

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/NEW-Dragon-Ball- ... dZViewItem

Those are the season boxsets, they are your best chance of getting the series "uncut", they have their faults, but they're affordable, and available.

It's also impossible to get the entire series in one boxset, the closest you'll get are the Dragonboxes from Japan, DB and DBGT are in their own individual boxes and Z is spread over two, however they are extremely expensive, hard to obtain, and come with no subtitles.

So unless you're prepared to spend in the thousands of dollars and hunt around Japanese auction sites, you'll have to settle for Funimation products.