Episode #0131 (01 June 2008)

We cover anything and everything Dragon Ball in hopes of enlightening... and a little bit of entertaining. Hosted every week by the Kanzenshuu staff and regular special guests from the professional and fandom communities. Your first, best, last, and only Dragon Ball podcast!

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Episode #0131 (01 June 2008)

Post by VegettoEX » Sun Jun 01, 2008 9:19 pm

Episode #0131 (download MP3)
37:04; 64 kbps, mono; 16.9 MB

Episode #0131! VegettoEX, Meri, and Julian discuss all of the huge news from the last week. Viz shenanigans, multiple new Japanese CDs, Spanish DVDs, and even a domestic daizenshuu release...?! It's big times in the Dragon World. June's releases and our DVD giveaway contest round out the episode. Referenced sites:
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

fps_anth
Advanced Regular

Post by fps_anth » Sun Jun 01, 2008 10:32 pm

Awesome! Was really looking forward to this episode. There was a hell of a lot of news last week :shock:

DaemonCorps
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by DaemonCorps » Mon Jun 02, 2008 11:22 pm

What's up with Dragonball news coming in waves?

Viz dealing with Dragonball at all is strange to begin with. I mean, why choose now to suddenly remember that they can bank on the series again? Are they piggy-banking off of stuff like the FUNi's Orange Brick releases? The live action movie? I dunno...

Hey, a new Kageyama CD! I'll definitely be picking that up with its crazy awesome English version songs. Now I've gotta make an account on cdjapan just for that :?.

I'm really hoping that the rest of the Daizenshuu will be released. As said in the thread here on the forums, Viz and Funimation have been able to work together to get their FMA guide book out, so I'm hoping the same can be done with Dragonball. I'm just hoping that they advertise the book well. Granted, I don't see books advertised that often, they can at least hype it up in the domestic Shonen Jump, maybe saying stuff about the Daizenshuu themselves.

While I'd enjoy hearing Chichi say "What the hell do you want?!" in DBZ movie one, I've already got FUNi's re-release of it. Maybe I'll enter the next contest...
10-30 minutes have most likely passed between my clicking to comment and actually posting. Curse my habit of thinking how to word my posts for too long!
YouTube Essays | twitter | webcomic | instantaneous movement grams

The Time Traveller
Patreon Supporter

Post by The Time Traveller » Tue Jun 03, 2008 7:45 am

Thanks for pointing out those Chichi and Bulma figures, they look so damn hot.

GogetaX

Daizenshuu 1

Post by GogetaX » Tue Jun 03, 2008 7:44 pm

I can't wait until Daizenshuu 1 comes out in the U.S :D

Sabin Deus
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Sabin Deus » Thu Jun 05, 2008 1:29 am

You were right Mike, those figures are indeed the sexiest things ever.

also welcome back to the internet Julian! I missed you! :x

StarrDust
Not-So-Newbie

Post by StarrDust » Sat Jun 07, 2008 10:48 pm

I'm so glad to hear that Viz is going to release the first Daizenshuu in the US. I was actually considering buying one off of ebay, but now there's obviously no point. And the fact that I work in a book store is a definite bonus since I'll be able to get a nice discount when the book is released. 8)
Trying is the first step towards failure.