Dragon Ball Z: Burst Limit - General Discussion

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Castor Troy
I Live Here

Post by Castor Troy » Tue Jun 10, 2008 11:31 pm

I'll be picking up mine (PS3 version) tomorrow from Gamestop as well. I can't wait. :)

fps_anth
Advanced Regular

Post by fps_anth » Wed Jun 11, 2008 12:34 am

I can't think of anytime I'd be playing this between SFII: HD Remix, Metal Gear Solid 4 and Brawl (still).

Still, I'll probably get it eventually :)

Adey
Beyond Newbie

Post by Adey » Wed Jun 11, 2008 3:14 am

Herms wrote:
Adey wrote:Haha, I lost a match because my drama piece (as Broly) interuppted my Ultimate Attack, and then I got super raped by Krillin's Chained Kienzan :(.
Do they actually call it "Chained Kienzan" in the game?
Afraid not!
There's not enough music choice in the game for my liking, there's a few extra songs you'll hear in Z Chronicles (quite a good few actually, maybe about 5?) but you can't actually hear them in Versus mode!

Does anyone know what the colours option does for stages? I haven't noticed a difference....

Rory
I Live Here

Post by Rory » Wed Jun 11, 2008 4:50 am

fps_anth wrote:I can't think of anytime I'd be playing this between SFII: HD Remix, Metal Gear Solid 4 and Brawl (still).

Still, I'll probably get it eventually :)
I'd rather play SF:II on my SNES, Brawl didn't have enough grab on me, I preffered Melee, and MGS4.. meh, never been into the series.
Seems my gaming addiction is being seriously cut down now, the majority of the games I play are Dragonball games.

Adey
Beyond Newbie

Post by Adey » Wed Jun 11, 2008 11:48 am

Sure it's a bit off topic, but Brawl was awesome, but if I'm honest, the 360 has completely won me over this generation.

As for Burst Limit, should there be a topic for all of us to put our Gamertags or PSN ID's up?

SSj_Rambo
I Live Here

Post by SSj_Rambo » Wed Jun 11, 2008 12:14 pm

Adey wrote:As for Burst Limit, should there be a topic for all of us to put our Gamertags or PSN ID's up?
Yes, there probably will be. VegettoEX started one for Jump Ultimate Stars so he'll probably make one for Burst Limit too, unless if you make it first. If you are going to make one and expect him to make it a sticky I suggest that you make it very clear and simple and similar to the one he made: http://db.schuby.org/daizex/viewtopic.php?t=4476 .

COCONUT MILK
Beyond Newbie

Post by COCONUT MILK » Wed Jun 11, 2008 1:36 pm

Adey wrote:
Herms wrote:
Adey wrote:Haha, I lost a match because my drama piece (as Broly) interuppted my Ultimate Attack, and then I got super raped by Krillin's Chained Kienzan :(.
Do they actually call it "Chained Kienzan" in the game?
Afraid not!
There's not enough music choice in the game for my liking, there's a few extra songs you'll hear in Z Chronicles (quite a good few actually, maybe about 5?) but you can't actually hear them in Versus mode!

Does anyone know what the colours option does for stages? I haven't noticed a difference....
It takes you to a new stage.

Freeza93
Beyond Newbie

Post by Freeza93 » Wed Jun 11, 2008 1:52 pm

Has anyone read the wikipedia article?

"The download crap does not have a specific release date, however it has been confirmed to be released this summer... The game is intended to be available to both "hardcocked" gamers, as well as more horny female gamers. The combo system has been described as "simple for our dick-mashing friends"

Who the wrote this??
I finally bought a gamecube. To bad they don't make any games for it now.

Adey
Beyond Newbie

Post by Adey » Wed Jun 11, 2008 2:03 pm

I've honestly never noticed the difference :lol:

Slickmasterfunk
Regular

Post by Slickmasterfunk » Wed Jun 11, 2008 2:05 pm

Has anyone gotten the US version yet? I looked at Gamestop, Best Buy and Wal-Mart and none of them had it yet.

Anonymous Friend
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Anonymous Friend » Wed Jun 11, 2008 3:05 pm

SSj_Rambo wrote:
Adey wrote:As for Burst Limit, should there be a topic for all of us to put our Gamertags or PSN ID's up?
Yes, there probably will be. VegettoEX started one for Jump Ultimate Stars so he'll probably make one for Burst Limit too, unless if you make it first. If you are going to make one and expect him to make it a sticky I suggest that you make it very clear and simple and similar to the one he made: http://db.schuby.org/daizex/viewtopic.php?t=4476 .
There wasn't one for Budokai Tenkaichi 3/Sparking! Meteor, but with the Wii horrid online I can nderstand why. But should there also be a help topic?
Slickmasterfunk wrote:Has anyone gotten the US version yet? I looked at Gamestop, Best Buy and Wal-Mart and none of them had it yet.
Got mine about 45 minutes ago. Also got the Goku vs Cell t-shirt they had as well.
Playstation Network ID/Xbox Gamer Tag: AnonymousFriend
Wii FriendCode: 1003 3740 6652 4063

mrkaizoku
Beyond Newbie

Post by mrkaizoku » Wed Jun 11, 2008 3:36 pm

I took my brother to get his copy this morning around 11:00. I just got done playing it. Awesome game. Just awesome.

Castor Troy
I Live Here

Post by Castor Troy » Wed Jun 11, 2008 3:48 pm

I just got my PS3 version of the game and if anyone is interested in playing, my PSN ID is CastorTroyAMV.

I'll post my thoughts later since I'm having too much fun with the game right now. :)

Super Saiyan Turlast x4
I Live Here

Post by Super Saiyan Turlast x4 » Wed Jun 11, 2008 4:39 pm

According to Broly's storyline, SSJ Vegeta is more powerful then SSJ2 Gohan, which makes no sense.

Also; those damn drama pieces are complicated to no end. The capsule effects were much better then this, but it isn't all that bad. This might be the most difficult portion of the game.
"First I whip it out! Then I thrust it! With great force! Every angle...! It penetrates! Until...! With great strength...! I... ram it in! In the end... We are all satisfied... And you are set free...!" ~Dante~

Raki
I Live Here

Post by Raki » Wed Jun 11, 2008 6:14 pm

Freeza93 wrote:Has anyone read the wikipedia article?

"The download crap does not have a specific release date, however it has been confirmed to be released this summer... The game is intended to be available to both "hardcocked" gamers, as well as more horny female gamers. The combo system has been described as "simple for our dick-mashing friends"

Who the wrote this??
Kinda childish, but that's Wiki for you.
The series doesn't start with the arrival of Raditz. Stop being lazy and watch Dragonball.

Rory
I Live Here

Post by Rory » Wed Jun 11, 2008 6:32 pm

Raki wrote:

Who the wrote this??
Kinda childish, but that's Wiki for you.
Sounds more like something from Encyclopedia Dramatica.

SSJmole
Advanced Regular

Post by SSJmole » Wed Jun 11, 2008 6:45 pm

Who the wrote this??

It's the description given on the back of the box, They just copied it :lol:

Daburcor
Beyond Newbie

Post by Daburcor » Wed Jun 11, 2008 7:13 pm

HA!

This game is great! I got my copy earlier today, and played through the Saiyan and Freeza arcs. Fourth form Freeza cave me a hard time...

Anyway, has anyone figured out how the drama piece system works yet?! :lol:
[url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vv5j_vmyOaQ]There's many things I'll never know for sure...[/url]

SSJmole
Advanced Regular

Post by SSJmole » Wed Jun 11, 2008 7:37 pm

Daburcor wrote:Anyway, has anyone figured out how the drama piece system works yet?! :lol:
Yes. You can read descriptions of the pieces to know how to activate them

bkev
I Live Here

Post by bkev » Thu Jun 12, 2008 12:31 am

Subbies rejoyce! Gamespot agrees with you, their review is up now.
[quote="Brakus"]For all the flack that FUNimation gets on this forum for their quote about DBZ, there's some modicum of truth to it: a 9-year-old is born every day. Or in some cases, "reborn". DBZ may be a kids' show, but it's been so close to so many hearts all over Japan, America, and quite possibly, even the world.[/quote]