Official On-Going Dragon Ball Super Movie #2 Thread: "Super Hero"

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

sangofe
Kicks it Old-School

Re: Official On-Going Dragon Ball Super Movie #2 Thread: "Super Hero"

Post by sangofe » Sat Feb 12, 2022 12:17 pm

KentMan wrote: Sat Feb 12, 2022 3:44 am What are you talking about? The Granolah arc is before the super super hero movie.

Who said it's not? I don't see anyone saying that

FPSSJ4_Goku
Regular

Post by FPSSJ4_Goku » Sat Feb 12, 2022 1:35 pm

While you guys were arguing about that, I spent my time making a part 2 to my script for DBS: Coola.

Meanwhile on Earth, the Dragon Team is having a picnic together. Goku, Chi Chi, Vegeta, Bulma, Kuririn, #18, Tenshinhan, Yamcha, Piccolo, Gohan, Videl, Pan, Goten and Trunks are all there at Capsule Corp. chilling. Goku's going crazy at the snack bar, Piccolo's drinking a glass of water, and Pan's playing with Bee (Mr. Satan's pet dog). Bulma decides to watch the news, and a news reporter is in West City, with reports of what looks like a large spaceship hovering over the city. Bulma looks closer at the ship, and realizes that it belongs to Freeza. She gets worried and has flashbacks from Resurrection F, and how that went. She runs to Vegeta and tells him that Freeza's back, and at first Vegeta doesn't believe her. But then Piccolo confirms that Bulma's right; two ki signatures that both feel like Freeza is approaching them. Goku tells Chi Chi that something's come up and they might be in danger again. Chi Chi wishes Goku safety, and just in case, Goku teleports over to Broli's place. Everyone else goes off to find Freeza.

On Planet Vampa, Broli and Cheelai are both taking care of Endai. Goku teleports to their house and knocks on the door. Broli opens it and greets Goku. He tells him that Freeza's back, and he might need his help. Broli thinks about it for some time, and tells him that he'll need to converse with Cheelai about it. So after a conversation, Broli says that he can come as long as he returns okay. Goku's excited and teleports him and Broli to Freeza.

Back on Earth, Freeza's ship has landed, and out comes Freeza and another guy that looks like him - he says his name is Coola. He's Freeza's brother, and he's here for revenge. Then Dore, Salza and Neiz pull up and do their poses and shit. Kuririn, Tenshinhan and Yamcha go up first to fight the trio, and they actually seem to be equals, though they're having a bit of trouble. Kuririn and Tenshinhan both blind them with the Taiyoken, then the three of them fire a triple Kamehameha, killing Coola's men. Coola realizes that the Dragon Team may actually lead to some trouble, so he lets Freeza fight them.

(note that Freeza has been training ever since the Broli movie, and now that it's the End of Z, he's much stronger than he was back then. But then again, so is the Dragon Team.)
So, you decided to read my signature, eh?

If you'd like, check out my YouTube channel, and maybe subscribe?

Alruneia
I Live Here

Post by Alruneia » Sat Feb 12, 2022 9:45 pm

Super Saiyan Swagger wrote: Sat Feb 12, 2022 4:39 am It’s confirmed that there’s going to be a stage event for the movie at the DB Games Battle Hour next week.

There’s going to be an interview with Iyoku, Hayashida and the film’s director; Tetsuro Kodama. For some strange reason I thought the event was going to be this weekend. Oh well, I can wait another week.
I hope they're planning on actually showing off a bit of new content at the event. I was thinking about it earlier after seeing yet another new Sonic 2 trailer (a movie that also comes out in April), about how little we've actually seen of DBSSH compared to how close we are to its release. If we still don't get to see much new stuff this time either, then I might start wondering if they don't have too much confidence in the movie and are trying to release it quietly or something. Obviously this would just be me going off of a feeling, just some personal perception, but I hope that's not gonna be the case.
Probably Kanzenshuu's biggest Bulla fangirl. Current avatar: DBU Bulla as Sailor Princess Sadala, based on Sailor Moon: Cosmic Dance

Dragon Ball Ultimate - 74 out of 150 chapters complete
JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Action Blue - link
Sailor Moon: Mindful of Love - link | Sailor Moon: Cosmic Dance - link

KentMan
Banned

Post by KentMan » Sat Feb 12, 2022 10:13 pm

sangofe wrote: Sat Feb 12, 2022 12:17 pm Who said it's not? I don't see anyone saying that
And I don’t see anyone saying the opposite either. The Granolah arc is still ongoing and if you had paid attention to that and the Moro arc. You would know better

MisteryOne
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by MisteryOne » Sun Feb 13, 2022 8:35 am

Mr_CINDER wrote: Sat Feb 12, 2022 8:31 am They are only focusing about video games and it seems this movie is secondary, Unfortunate that they barely even promoted this movie. I'm really concerned to see how this plays out
Alruneia wrote: Sat Feb 12, 2022 9:45 pm I hope they're planning on actually showing off a bit of new content at the event. I was thinking about it earlier after seeing yet another new Sonic 2 trailer (a movie that also comes out in April), about how little we've actually seen of DBSSH compared to how close we are to its release. If we still don't get to see much new stuff this time either, then I might start wondering if they don't have too much confidence in the movie and are trying to release it quietly or something. Obviously this would just be me going off of a feeling, just some personal perception, but I hope that's not gonna be the case.
The Broly movie really felt like constant ad spamming comparaded to this movie, at least on my eyes. I'm surprised we know so little of it too. Hell they outright spoiled Gogeta last time without any apparent hesitation.

I really hope that if the movie does badly -which I doubt, but still- they don't think it's because of having a different type of story for once and not because of their own bad marketing.
English is not my first language. Please excuse my gramatical mistakes.

OLKv3
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by OLKv3 » Sun Feb 13, 2022 3:02 pm

KentMan wrote: Fri Feb 11, 2022 7:06 pm
SupremeKai25 wrote: Fri Feb 11, 2022 12:22 pm
KentMan wrote: Fri Feb 11, 2022 12:12 pm

Not even close to true if you had seen the dragon ball panels last year. Some one asked a question about the Granolah arc regarding how it fits with Super Super hero. The Granolah arc is ongoing as they say meaning it has spoilers regarding the movie if they ain’t willing to answer that question.
The person who asked that question was naive, he basically asked them "How does the Granolah arc end?", obviously they're not going to answer that question and will find some excuse to avoid an answer.
The Granolah arc was and is still ongoing so there was obvious spoilers. I’m gonna to assume that it will explain why and how Broly is on Beerus planet.
What is there to explain? Goku brings him there because he promised to train with him at the end of DBS Broly

ObnoxiousNamek
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by ObnoxiousNamek » Mon Feb 14, 2022 9:55 am

Alruneia wrote: Sat Feb 12, 2022 9:45 pm
Super Saiyan Swagger wrote: Sat Feb 12, 2022 4:39 am It’s confirmed that there’s going to be a stage event for the movie at the DB Games Battle Hour next week.

There’s going to be an interview with Iyoku, Hayashida and the film’s director; Tetsuro Kodama. For some strange reason I thought the event was going to be this weekend. Oh well, I can wait another week.
I hope they're planning on actually showing off a bit of new content at the event. I was thinking about it earlier after seeing yet another new Sonic 2 trailer (a movie that also comes out in April), about how little we've actually seen of DBSSH compared to how close we are to its release. If we still don't get to see much new stuff this time either, then I might start wondering if they don't have too much confidence in the movie and are trying to release it quietly or something. Obviously this would just be me going off of a feeling, just some personal perception, but I hope that's not gonna be the case.
Don’t second guess yourself they are doing exactly that Kodamas work AT BEST is nothing to write home about I mean look for yourself (https://echoes-echoes.com/staff) for ffs he has students who haven’t even graduated doing most of his CG work. I said in a previous post the staff aside from Chikashi Kubota is filled with rank and file amateurs

ObnoxiousNamek
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by ObnoxiousNamek » Mon Feb 14, 2022 10:03 am

MisteryOne wrote: Sun Feb 13, 2022 8:35 am
Mr_CINDER wrote: Sat Feb 12, 2022 8:31 am They are only focusing about video games and it seems this movie is secondary, Unfortunate that they barely even promoted this movie. I'm really concerned to see how this plays out
Alruneia wrote: Sat Feb 12, 2022 9:45 pm I hope they're planning on actually showing off a bit of new content at the event. I was thinking about it earlier after seeing yet another new Sonic 2 trailer (a movie that also comes out in April), about how little we've actually seen of DBSSH compared to how close we are to its release. If we still don't get to see much new stuff this time either, then I might start wondering if they don't have too much confidence in the movie and are trying to release it quietly or something. Obviously this would just be me going off of a feeling, just some personal perception, but I hope that's not gonna be the case.
The Broly movie really felt like constant ad spamming comparaded to this movie, at least on my eyes. I'm surprised we know so little of it too. Hell they outright spoiled Gogeta last time without any apparent hesitation.

I really hope that if the movie does badly -which I doubt, but still- they don't think it's because of having a different type of story for once and not because of their own bad marketing.

How exactly does this movie give you the vibes of a different type of story ?

Gt91
Regular

Post by Gt91 » Mon Feb 14, 2022 10:28 am

ObnoxiousNamek wrote: Mon Feb 14, 2022 10:03 am

It's not yet another film about Goku and Vegeta? Just for that, it's great for me. We finally gets something for Gohan and Piccolo.

Mister_Popo
Advanced Regular

Post by Mister_Popo » Mon Feb 14, 2022 1:29 pm

Gt91 wrote: Mon Feb 14, 2022 10:28 am

It's not yet another film about Goku and Vegeta? Just for that, it's great for me. We finally gets something for Gohan and Piccolo.

Well, in orde to stay somehow optimistic: let's hope that at least it has got a 'unique vibe' to it.
The story should offer something different than just some tale of Z-fighters that are fending off a threat in absence of Goku and Vegeta.
Because we have seen that plenty of times before.
And ... let's hope it's not a one-shot and Gohan / Piccolo stay relevant in the long run, next to Goku and Vegeta.
Always dangerous to hope a little too much though. :mrgreen:

FPSSJ4_Goku
Regular

Post by FPSSJ4_Goku » Mon Feb 14, 2022 1:32 pm

Mister_Popo wrote: Mon Feb 14, 2022 1:29 pm

Well, in orde to stay somehow optimistic: let's hope that at least it has got a 'unique vibe' to it.
The story should offer something different than just some tale of Z-fighters that are fending off a threat in absence of Goku and Vegeta.
Because we have seen that plenty of times before.
And ... let's hope it's not a one-shot and Gohan / Piccolo stay relevant in the long run, next to Goku and Vegeta.
Always dangerous to hope a little too much though. :mrgreen:
I wanna see some action with the entire Dragon Team, maybe with Videl too
So, you decided to read my signature, eh?

If you'd like, check out my YouTube channel, and maybe subscribe?

KentMan
Banned

Post by KentMan » Mon Feb 14, 2022 6:53 pm

Unfortunately not many people want to see the movie because of the low stakes. I respect their opinions on it and I myself wasn’t certain if I wanted to see the movie. But since it hasn’t come out and we don’t know much of anything perhaps this movie might surprise me.

ObnoxiousNamek
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by ObnoxiousNamek » Tue Feb 15, 2022 2:20 am

Wait so that’s it? Story can whatever just don’t have the two people who have been the main characters for the longest being the focus? :eh:

They’ve done that before with movie 10 instead of Piccolo it’s was Videl that’s not different. Heck, it’s even has a reused antagonist movie 11 did the same thing too.

SupremeKai25
I Live Here

Post by SupremeKai25 » Tue Feb 15, 2022 7:16 am

The movie might not be about Goku but he'll still steal the spotlight after the inevitable training session with Broly.

Gt91
Regular

Post by Gt91 » Tue Feb 15, 2022 10:35 am

ObnoxiousNamek wrote: Tue Feb 15, 2022 2:20 am

Wait so that’s it? Story can whatever just don’t have the two people who have been the main characters for the longest being the focus? :eh:

They’ve done that before with movie 10 instead of Piccolo it’s was Videl that’s not different. Heck, it’s even has a reused antagonist movie 11 did the same thing too.
For me, yes. A movie about Gohan, Piccolo and Gotenks would be something fresh and new.

kemuri07
Advanced Regular

Post by kemuri07 » Tue Feb 15, 2022 7:14 pm

Broly was riding on the back of, well, Broly, an immensely popular character with global appeal. That and the fact that the film was essnetially a 90min wrestling match made it easy to market it.

Everything appears to point to Super Hero being more focused on comedy, so I imagine that they're setting expectations for what this movie actually is.

sangofe
Kicks it Old-School

Post by sangofe » Wed Feb 16, 2022 12:59 am

KentMan wrote: Mon Feb 14, 2022 6:53 pm Unfortunately not many people want to see the movie because of the low stakes.
Is there a survey saying that? Is there data for this claim? It's wrong to assume this is the reason without data. I can say for me it's another reason. And that's the game looking 3D.

KentMan
Banned

Post by KentMan » Wed Feb 16, 2022 3:31 am

sangofe wrote: Wed Feb 16, 2022 12:59 am
KentMan wrote: Mon Feb 14, 2022 6:53 pm Unfortunately not many people want to see the movie because of the low stakes.
Is there a survey saying that? Is there data for this claim? It's wrong to assume this is the reason without data. I can say for me it's another reason. And that's the game looking 3D.
When they’re was that big reveal as to what this movie might be they’re was not a whole lot praise or hype. Even with Gohan in it is just pure fanservice and most guys who wanted to move on with the story. Feel like this would have been better off as a OVA.

capsulecorp
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by capsulecorp » Wed Feb 16, 2022 12:31 pm

KentMan wrote: Wed Feb 16, 2022 3:31 am
sangofe wrote: Wed Feb 16, 2022 12:59 am
When they’re was that big reveal as to what this movie might be they’re was not a whole lot praise or hype. Even with Gohan in it is just pure fanservice and most guys who wanted to move on with the story. Feel like this would have been better off as a OVA.
At least in this thread, a lot of people do seem excited for this movie, like myself. Let's avoid making these kinds of "meta comments" about what other people are thinking or feeling, it's not helpful and not interesting.

SupremeKai25
I Live Here

Post by SupremeKai25 » Wed Feb 16, 2022 12:41 pm

kemuri07 wrote: Tue Feb 15, 2022 7:14 pm

Broly was riding on the back of, well, Broly, an immensely popular character with global appeal. That and the fact that the film was essnetially a 90min wrestling match made it easy to market it.

Everything appears to point to Super Hero being more focused on comedy, so I imagine that they're setting expectations for what this movie actually is.
Broly also came shortly after the Super Anime ended, so the hype and interest around the franchise was at max levels back then. As opposed to now, 4 years after the Anime ended, where we've only had a promotional series of short episodes.

They really chose the perfect time to release the Broly movie, because it came out a few months after Super Anime ended, which was incredibly popular and even broke streaming sites at some point. There were people literally filling city centres to watch the final episodes of the show. They couldn't have chosen a better time to release a post-series Movie.

That year (2018) was when interest around Super was at its absolute peak.