Official On-Going Dragon Ball Super Movie #2 Thread: "Super Hero"

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Koitsukai
I Live Here

Re: Official On-Going Dragon Ball Super Movie #2 Thread: "Super Hero"

Post by Koitsukai » Sun Apr 10, 2022 1:56 pm

ObnoxiousNamek wrote: Sat Apr 09, 2022 2:48 pm You'd think Toei would want to build goodwill for Super after all the complaints about it yet they are seriously about to release this horseshit called Superhero.
OMG, is the movie already out? I missed it! do you know where I can watch it? I mean, you've watched the movie, right?

Miracles
I Live Here

Post by Miracles » Sun Apr 10, 2022 3:06 pm

I wouldn't be surprised if Whis mentions how Goku can not attain UI during the training session. Since Akio Iyoku himself says this movie will take place after the events of Broly. Or lets say this movie is set after Granolah survivor arc, I wonder if Toriyama will even acknowledge the recent events and villains or Ultra Ego Vegeta. Even in the descriptions for this movie, the villains Goku fought are only Jiren and Broly.

I'm just excited to see what Toriyama has up his sleeve.

MCDaveG
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by MCDaveG » Sun Apr 10, 2022 3:23 pm

I am actually happy that Gohan and Piccolo get some spotlight. One of the reasons I actually liked the Universe Survival arc after being quite dissapointed by Super’s badly adapted Z movies, really boring Universe 6 arc and so so Future Trunks arc, was because it made other characters relevant again besides Goku and Vegeta getting just hair recolors. Not really fan of Ultra Instinct Goku and I hope that Vegeta’s destructive Ego form will be just a manga “side story”.

Wonder if the movie won’t have jarringly bad 3D animation, as there were some bad bits already in the trailer, but overall, I love the new designs, updated Goten and Trunks and with such a roster, I don’t think that the movie will be just Gohan and Piccolo. I don’t doubt a sec that Goku and Vegeta will jump in the fight to save the day again.

Overall, I look forward to the story and what they come up with. Not happy about the postponement plus in my country, I won’t see it before it gets released on home video or streaming service, which will probably happen as soon as next year :cry:
FighterZ: Funky_Strudel
PS4: Dynamixx88

Dragmobot12
Beyond Newbie

Post by Dragmobot12 » Sun Apr 10, 2022 5:05 pm

Now that the dust has settled and the image has turned out to be fake, I want to suggest an idea that has occurred to me lately, based on that fake leak.

Do you think it would be a great option for this movie to reboot Android 13, but replace him with Raditz? Because if I recall, there's such a thing as "S-cells" in the lore, which work as a major factor in achieving further Saiyan abilities, like Super Saiyan.

So could Red Ribbon study these cells and manipulate them so that Raditz could reach a level above Broly? Well, it also depends on how many S-cells Broly has, of course. Or maybe even create artificial S-cells, which would be even more impressive, to be honest.

I don't think anyone has even touched on this, because if think about it, it's even smarter than having another Cell, and it's also a great advantage to have a warrior like that who is always growing in strength and can be easily manipulated/controlled to achieve their goals.

Miracles
I Live Here

Post by Miracles » Sun Apr 10, 2022 5:39 pm

No more reboots please. We already got the Red Ribbon rerun going on. At least them bring in new androids/enemies.

Pkjoan

Post by Pkjoan » Sun Apr 10, 2022 9:35 pm

Dragmobot12 wrote: Sun Apr 10, 2022 5:05 pm Now that the dust has settled and the image has turned out to be fake, I want to suggest an idea that has occurred to me lately, based on that fake leak.

Do you think it would be a great option for this movie to reboot Android 13, but replace him with Raditz? Because if I recall, there's such a thing as "S-cells" in the lore, which work as a major factor in achieving further Saiyan abilities, like Super Saiyan.

So could Red Ribbon study these cells and manipulate them so that Raditz could reach a level above Broly? Well, it also depends on how many S-cells Broly has, of course. Or maybe even create artificial S-cells, which would be even more impressive, to be honest.

I don't think anyone has even touched on this, because if think about it, it's even smarter than having another Cell, and it's also a great advantage to have a warrior like that who is always growing in strength and can be easily manipulated/controlled to achieve their goals.

Not to rain on your parade, but the image hasn't been proven fake yet.

mute_proxy
Advanced Regular

Post by mute_proxy » Mon Apr 11, 2022 2:02 am

Pkjoan wrote: Sun Apr 10, 2022 9:35 pm Not to rain on your parade, but the image hasn't been proven fake yet.
A list of valid counterpoints is proof.

3. Also, the poster of the image said he was at a press release and saw the movie. The movie is not finished for any kind of release.

Jiren The Alpha
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Jiren The Alpha » Mon Apr 11, 2022 6:42 am

Pkjoan wrote: Sun Apr 10, 2022 9:35 pm
Dragmobot12 wrote: Sun Apr 10, 2022 5:05 pm Now that the dust has settled and the image has turned out to be fake, I want to suggest an idea that has occurred to me lately, based on that fake leak.

It has, just go a little back on the thread.

UpFromTheSkies
I Live Here

Post by UpFromTheSkies » Mon Apr 11, 2022 10:20 pm

ObnoxiousNamek wrote: Sat Apr 09, 2022 2:48 pm
Jord wrote: Sat Apr 09, 2022 9:04 am I'm not looking forward to the movie but media flopping mostly leads to execs drawing the "wrong" conclusion.
In this case "People don't want to see Gohan and Piccolo" instead of "People don't want to see mediocre BG".
How about both? Seriously where is this huge swathe of the fanbase who asked for Gohan and Piccolo to lead a film? They havent done anything of worth since mid Buu saga so why should anyone care what story they want to tell about them. Goku, Vegeta, Broly is the only reason anyone cares about Super at this point. You'd think Toei would want to build goodwill for Super after all the complaints about it yet they are seriously about to release this horseshit called Superhero.

i said before this film is like making an Avengers movie but you leave out Ironmnan, Captain American, & Thor to have Warmachine and Ant-man as the leads who tf is wat0ching that?
If you look at sales of Dragon Ball figures over the past few years, you'll actually see that Goku and Vegeta have decreased in popularity while characters like Piccolo have increased in popularity and have much higher sales. For example, Bandai recently announced Dragon Ball prize figures for the androids and pre-orders sold out almost instantly even the though prices were almost double the normal prices. That very rarely happens with Goku and Vegeta figures.

worldmonsters
Patreon Supporter

Post by worldmonsters » Tue Apr 12, 2022 11:31 am

Pkjoan wrote: Sun Apr 10, 2022 9:35 pm

Not to rain on your parade, but is there anyone actually that would be satisfied by Android 13 appearing? Or Radditz? Radditz makes absolutely zero sense. Android 13 would make thematic sense maybe, but he's... hardly even a character o.o Who would bringing him back even satisfy?? Honestly Cell coming back would make more sense and even that I'm sorry to say I find pretty ridiculous. It would make more sense that there would be a Gamma 3 character that's more powerful and Gamma 1+2 have to team up with Gohan and Piccolo to kill it. Probably Pan does a baby Gohan and then they defeat the enemy and probably Gamma 1+2 sacrifice themselves to become true heroes.

I don't need actual proof to know 100% certain that that image is fake.

Also just look at it... does that look like it was made in 3d? Or in the same artstyle as the rest of the promotional material? I don't think we need proof of something being fake, we need proof of something being real.

WittyUsername
I Live Here

Post by WittyUsername » Tue Apr 12, 2022 12:22 pm

Assuming they do bring back a classic villain for the third act of this movie, I can’t imagine why it would be either Raditz or #13. Cell would make the most sense purely from a financial/fanservice perspective. With that said, I sincerely hope the villain in the third act is a completely new character.

Koitsukai
I Live Here

Post by Koitsukai » Tue Apr 12, 2022 12:33 pm

WittyUsername wrote: Tue Apr 12, 2022 12:22 pm Assuming they do bring back a classic villain for the third act of this movie, I can’t imagine why it would be either Raditz or #13. Cell would make the most sense purely from a financial/fanservice perspective. With that said, I sincerely hope the villain in the third act is a completely new character.
I can see #13, though. It's the RR with fancy new androids, and it is implied they might fuse, so a third android pulling a Perfect Cell, like #13 did does sound possible.
Of course, it wouldn't be #13 because the manga has 18 say that up until #15 they were all destroyed by Gero.
Raditz, yeah, no sense whatsoever there.

However, I think and want it to be Android 21.

worldmonsters
Patreon Supporter

Post by worldmonsters » Tue Apr 12, 2022 5:36 pm

Personally I would find bringing back Cell pretty dumb. Cause it's not gonna be Cell. It's gonna be another character altogether. I just wonder what kind of sense it would make for Cell to be there at all? He has some history with Gohan, but other than that they fought... there's really nothing there? Remember Bio Broly? Of course you don't cause his character was trash. But that's what Cell would be. Not actually Cell, but just a husk. His body, but not his mind. And even if they did have his mind... what's he going to do?? How will he fit in with the rest of the themes? At least Freeza had his vendetta against Saiyans and Goku himself. But Cell is just... well he's played out.

Unfortunately the nostalgia pull is heavy and Gohan being the main protagonist (I doubt Goku is going to step in at the last second in this one. I doubt we will actually see Goku, Vegeta and Broly go to Earth apart from maybe the beginning of the movie where they leave and something stuck at the coda of the movie) does invite Cell as a hurdle to overcome again. But it'll just be that. The same thing again, but this time without the interesting bits of Goku sacrificing himself or saying "Gohan, you're up next". There's no meat there.

Also Android 21... again, do not understand what that would bring to this story other than "Hey, remember her from FighterZ?". She has no link with Gohan at all. Unlikely.

I mean we can all dream, but if you really want to predict who is inside the overcooking kettle, then you gotta think "What would Toriyama do?" And he definitely wouldn't do Raditz, Android 21 or Android 13 :/ Cell... I hope they won't unless they do something awesome with him, but I wish to Dende they don't do Cell.

UpFromTheSkies
I Live Here

Post by UpFromTheSkies » Wed Apr 13, 2022 10:50 pm

UpFromTheSkies
I Live Here

Post by UpFromTheSkies » Thu Apr 14, 2022 2:05 am

Xeogran
I Live Here

Post by Xeogran » Thu Apr 14, 2022 2:16 am

UpFromTheSkies wrote: Thu Apr 14, 2022 2:05 am The new release date is June 11th https://en.dragon-ball-official.com/news/01_1032.html
Even better than expected. April 22nd to June 11th is like month and a half. Glad it's not delayed all the way until Winter.

dva_raza
Temporarily Banned

Post by dva_raza » Thu Apr 14, 2022 3:33 am

Xeogran wrote: Thu Apr 14, 2022 2:16 am
UpFromTheSkies wrote: Thu Apr 14, 2022 2:05 am The new release date is June 11th https://en.dragon-ball-official.com/news/01_1032.html
Even better than expected. April 22nd to June 11th is like month and a half. Glad it's not delayed all the way until Winter.
So I guess around August for America.

PurestEvil
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by PurestEvil » Thu Apr 14, 2022 4:04 am

Ah, that’s a relief! Just around the time school ends.
This post was brought to you by 魔族

Rest in Peace, Toriyama-san

Gt91
Regular

Post by Gt91 » Thu Apr 14, 2022 5:04 am

Great news for the new date! It's closer than expected :D

-New scan

https://twitter.com/DbsHype1/status/151 ... 38/photo/1

"The RR Army Base has a mysterious machine that is in embryonic stage!! Was this also built by Hedo...?!"
"This is Hedo's cyborg agent 'Hachimaru'!! He is said to have terrifying abilities!!"

That bee reminds me Cell saga.

mute_proxy
Advanced Regular

Post by mute_proxy » Thu Apr 14, 2022 5:16 am

Yeah, it's definitely Cell 2.0. A bug thing gathering fighter data and a cocoon.