Official On-Going Dragon Ball Super Movie #2 Thread: "Super Hero"

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Rafa Fast
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Re: Official On-Going Dragon Ball Super Movie #2 Thread: "Super Hero"

Post by Rafa Fast » Fri Apr 15, 2022 11:29 am

Really hope that June is going to be the definitive final release date for the movie, this means that it will come to Brazil in July.
While it remains 57 days for the release, I must say my current thoughts on the movie

1-Hope they use all this time to make some scenes look better than what they look on the trailers, as the majority says, Some scenes are god-damn-gorgeous, as Goku or Vegeta in Beerus Planet, but some other scene doesn't look so good if compared to them, as most of the Gamma 1 & 2 scenes, I would say that they should make more vivid facial expressions, but I bet things like this can not be changed anymore in the current state of the development, so I really just hope for a improvement in the looking of the scenes, make them look less videogame-ish, some of them still look like way to much a less budget version of the CGI cutscenes in Xenoverse 2, they definitely can do better than that.

2-Change the color from the corners of Gotenks' hair, or change Trunks' hair color back to grey/lilac, Trunks hair in the movie at this moment is still blue, and fat Gotenks hair color in that scan is for some reason still black and grey/lilac, why? Why they change Trunks' hair color but kept Gotenks' hair color?

3-Explain how Piccolo got his mystic form, won't like very much if he appears with the form just out of nowhere

Other than that, I personally don't think the new figures are a hint that Cell is going to be in the movie.
Gt91 wrote: Thu Apr 14, 2022 5:04 am -New scan

https://twitter.com/DbsHype1/status/151 ... 38/photo/1

"The RR Army Base has a mysterious machine that is in embryonic stage!! Was this also built by Hedo...?!"
"This is Hedo's cyborg agent 'Hachimaru'!! He is said to have terrifying abilities!!"

That bee reminds me Cell saga.
I wouldn't deslike Cell being the final villain in the final act of the movie, He's my favorite villain from the franchise, I definitely would like it, but I just don't think he's the best choice, first, because it wouldn't be him, just if he's a new Cell, but with the memories from the original, second, it would be the Cell arc all over again, I don't mind very much that Super is still investing in arc parallels, but I really hope they give it new touchs, I love Fukkatsu no F, but both the movie and anime arc are pretty much the laziest story the franchise has ever brought to us, aside from Vegeta beating up Freeza, what's new? So I really hope they give some original touches to it, btw, I still think the final villain is going to be Bio Broly, I know, laugh at me as you want, but I have my reasons.

About the Raditz leak, I definitely can't say what I think about it, because, believe or not, but I remember very well of some really low quality leaks from Dragon Ball Super Broly in August 2018, showing SSJGod Vegeta, Bardock and base Gogeta, the second trailer hadn't even been released at the time yet! And nobody trusted those leaks at the time, so for me at this point, everything can be real, There are reasons for believing that the picture is fake, but we also need to count the chance of it being real.
I simply wouldn't want to imagine my life without Dragon Ball, thank you Akira Toriyama (1955-2024), you are now immortal.

Rafa Fast
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Rafa Fast » Fri Apr 15, 2022 11:40 am

Gt91 wrote: Fri Apr 15, 2022 11:15 am Maybe experiments on a Cell.jr? In DBS manga we have some survivors. We could get an adult version or something like that.

What about this color scheme?
If the colors of Hachimaru (it's the Wasp, right?) Indicates the colors of the villain, then for me it can maybe mean a thing, A Villain or Cell with the SSJB form, the wasp is Blue and Yellow, SSJB is blue because it's a contrast to the Yellow of SSJ, since the form is SSJ with god ki, so the colors of the wasp could very well represent this, or it's just nothing.

Also, I don't think the Cell Jr.'s are ever going to show up in the anime/movies, for me they definitely look like a idea made exclusively to be a extra in the manga, canon, but not so relevant to show up in a anime/movie, besides, yeah, this movie is the perfect moment to make at least one of them appear.
I simply wouldn't want to imagine my life without Dragon Ball, thank you Akira Toriyama (1955-2024), you are now immortal.

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Fri Apr 15, 2022 1:44 pm

Is Fox going to distribute the film overseas like they did with the last few films?
dva_raza wrote: Thu Apr 14, 2022 3:33 am
Xeogran wrote: Thu Apr 14, 2022 2:16 am
UpFromTheSkies wrote: Thu Apr 14, 2022 2:05 am The new release date is June 11th https://en.dragon-ball-official.com/news/01_1032.html
Even better than expected. April 22nd to June 11th is like month and a half. Glad it's not delayed all the way until Winter.
So I guess around August for America.
Super Broly came out in America on 1/19/2019 which was nearly a month after it came out in Japan. My bet is that we could see the film be released around July 11-15 for North America.
She/Her
PS5 username: Guyver_Spawn_27
LB Profile: https://letterboxd.com/Hellspawn28/

Gt91
Regular

Post by Gt91 » Sat Apr 16, 2022 7:01 am

Rafa Fast wrote: Fri Apr 15, 2022 11:40 am
Gt91 wrote: Fri Apr 15, 2022 11:15 am Maybe experiments on a Cell.jr? In DBS manga we have some survivors. We could get an adult version or something like that.

What about this color scheme?
If the colors of Hachimaru (it's the Wasp, right?) Indicates the colors of the villain, then for me it can maybe mean a thing, A Villain or Cell with the SSJB form, the wasp is Blue and Yellow, SSJB is blue because it's a contrast to the Yellow of SSJ, since the form is SSJ with god ki, so the colors of the wasp could very well represent this, or it's just nothing.

Also, I don't think the Cell Jr.'s are ever going to show up in the anime/movies, for me they definitely look like a idea made exclusively to be a extra in the manga, canon, but not so relevant to show up in a anime/movie, besides, yeah, this movie is the perfect moment to make at least one of them appear.
You are probably right.
Instead of them, they could introduce a new character, maybe a female one, very similar to Cell with that color scheme.
There were some rumours about a main female antagonist. We'll see :)

TheSaiyanGod
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by TheSaiyanGod » Sat Apr 16, 2022 10:51 am

I think I'm starting to really dig Gohan's new design. His best hairstyle in a while. He looks so goofy, I like it lol

If he appears in the next arc of the manga, I hope Toyotaro starts drawing Gohan with this hair.

Rafa Fast
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Rafa Fast » Sat Apr 16, 2022 11:42 am

Gt91 wrote: Sat Apr 16, 2022 7:01 am You are probably right.
Instead of them, they could introduce a new character, maybe a female one, very similar to Cell with that color scheme.
There were some rumours about a main female antagonist. We'll see :)
Now when the subject is a female character, I don't see it being anyone else but Android 21, in this case, everything leads to she being the final threat.

ZombieVito
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ZombieVito » Sat Apr 16, 2022 4:22 pm

https://twitter.com/DBSChronicles/statu ... 4920990721

This is music to my ears. Keep that Toyotaro trash out of this.

SupremeKai25
I Live Here

Post by SupremeKai25 » Sat Apr 16, 2022 4:36 pm

ZombieVito wrote: Sat Apr 16, 2022 4:22 pm https://twitter.com/DBSChronicles/statu ... 4920990721

I mean, it makes sense. Most people would just go "Moro who?", and so would I to be honest, because I forgot what Moro was all about. He was that forgettable of a villain. Meanwhile everyone knows who Broly is because everyone has watched the movie.

Skar
I Live Here

Post by Skar » Sat Apr 16, 2022 5:15 pm

ZombieVito wrote: Sat Apr 16, 2022 4:22 pm https://twitter.com/DBSChronicles/statu ... 4920990721

A few tweets up he said:

"For now, they're considering anime and manga audiences separately since Moro and Granolah arcs haven't been adapted to anime yet.

The anime will 100% adapt Moro & Granolah arcs when it returns.

SUPER HERO is made according to anime-only audience, but is canon to the main story."

Is this confirmed or speculation? This is what most people were assuming would happen. I think an anime adaption of Moro and Granolah between retellings of the two films wouldn't feel "off" since they're all recycling and referencing previous ideas.

FPSSJ4_Goku
Regular

Post by FPSSJ4_Goku » Sat Apr 16, 2022 5:52 pm

SupremeKai25 wrote: Sat Apr 16, 2022 4:36 pm

I mean, it makes sense. Most people would just go "Moro who?", and so would I to be honest, because I forgot what Moro was all about. He was that forgettable of a villain. Meanwhile everyone knows who Broly is because everyone has watched the movie.
Because Broly had a following far longer than Moro did.
So, you decided to read my signature, eh?

If you'd like, check out my YouTube channel, and maybe subscribe?

Desassina

Post by Desassina » Sat Apr 16, 2022 7:38 pm

The Moro arc was excellent! Perhaps people can lighten up on canon now?

Miracles
I Live Here

Post by Miracles » Sat Apr 16, 2022 7:48 pm

Slow down. We don't know if Dragonball Super: Super Hero will either be set before the Galactic Patrol arc and Granolah the Survivor saga or after [edit]. Or Toriyama just decided to ignore those events all together.

However, one thing is for sure, it's been stated once by Shueisha’s executive producer Akio Iyoku that the Super Hero's story will take place after the events in Dragon Ball Super: Broly, but before the 28th Tenka’ichi Budōkai. Now this official trailer just confirms that Super Hero is a "sequel" to the Broly movie. No wonder, since they describe Jiren and Broly being Goku's last opponents.

As I stated on page 175. Do not be surprised if we see Goku not having Ultra Instinct in Super Hero. Still training under Whis to attain it.
Last edited by Miracles on Sat Apr 16, 2022 8:04 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Pkjoan

Post by Pkjoan » Sat Apr 16, 2022 7:53 pm

There's a slight mistranslation there. What the video said is that peace didn't last long after Broly, but it couldn't be referring to Super Hero. They can be talking about Moro and Granolah without actually acknowledging them.

Pkjoan

Post by Pkjoan » Sat Apr 16, 2022 7:55 pm

Miracles wrote: Sat Apr 16, 2022 7:48 pm Slow down. We don't know if Dragonball Super: Super Hero will either be set before the Galactic Patrol arc and Granolah the Survivor saga. Or Toriyama just decided to ignore those events all together.

However, one thing is for sure, it's been stated once by Shueisha’s executive producer Akio Iyoku that the Super Hero's story will take place after the events in Dragon Ball Super: Broly, but before the 28th Tenka’ichi Budōkai. Now this official trailer just confirms that Super Hero is a "sequel" to the Broly movie. No wonder, since they describe Jiren and Broly being Goku's last opponents.

As I stated on page 175. Do not be surprised if we see Goku not having Ultra Instinct in Super Hero. Still training under Whis to attain it.
Galactic Patrol arc is clearly before Superhero, check Goten and Trunks age in that arc. And by extension, Granolah is after Moro.

Miracles
I Live Here

Post by Miracles » Sat Apr 16, 2022 7:58 pm

Pkjoan wrote: Sat Apr 16, 2022 7:55 pm
Miracles wrote: Sat Apr 16, 2022 7:48 pm Slow down. We don't know if Dragonball Super: Super Hero will either be set before the Galactic Patrol arc and Granolah the Survivor saga [edit] or possibly after? Or Toriyama just decided to ignore those events all together.

Galactic Patrol arc is clearly before Superhero, check Goten and Trunks age in that arc. And by extension, Granolah is after Moro.
My point is; will Toriyama acknowledge those arcs tho?

UpFromTheSkies
I Live Here

Post by UpFromTheSkies » Sat Apr 16, 2022 8:48 pm

Miracles wrote: Sat Apr 16, 2022 7:58 pm
Miracles wrote: Sat Apr 16, 2022 7:48 pm Slow down. We don't know if Dragonball Super: Super Hero will either be set before the Galactic Patrol arc and Granolah the Survivor saga [edit] or possibly after? Or Toriyama just decided to ignore those events all together.

Why wouldn't he? He helped create them.

OLKv3

Post by OLKv3 » Sat Apr 16, 2022 9:26 pm

Miracles wrote: Sat Apr 16, 2022 7:58 pm

It's over mangabro. Activate Doomsday protocol, we lost

Tai Lung

Post by Tai Lung » Sun Apr 17, 2022 1:05 am

Well this should confirm the manga as a separate continuity :think:

https://twitter.com/DbsHype/status/1515526660610699267

Yuji
Advanced Regular

Post by Yuji » Sun Apr 17, 2022 7:43 am

Tai Lung wrote: Sun Apr 17, 2022 1:05 am Well this should confirm the manga as a separate continuity :think:

https://twitter.com/DbsHype/status/1515526660610699267
He wasn't exactly in-training when Moro showed up.

They're deliberately keeping things as vague as possible to adapt the manga arcs in the future if need be.

super michael
Advanced Regular

Post by super michael » Sun Apr 17, 2022 8:14 am

The last time Gohan trained wasn't for the ToP, Gohan trained in the Moro chapter. Yamcha says that Gohan and Piccolo training paid of in chapter 56.
Chapter 58 Goku says that he could barely recognize Gohan due to how strong he has become.

Therefore Moro chapter Gohan >>> ToP Gohan.

Moro henchmen gave the earth two months to train, which is what the people on the earth did they all trained hard. Well excluding two fighters who were kept in the dark about the invasion.

This is the time line:
Gas and Granolah > Moro > Broly movie > ToP

Ignoring the manga is a bad choice.