Was Toyotaro left in the dark regarding "Super Hero" or was it a ruse?

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

sonkun

Re: Was Toyotaro left in the dark regarding "Super Hero" or was it a ruse?

Post by sonkun » Mon Apr 18, 2022 5:54 pm

way i see it, toyotaro's work isn't canon and neither is the anime. at this point, the feature films with toriyama's involvement (BoG, RoF, Broly, Super Hero) are the only surefire post-Z canon

Jiren The Alpha
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Jiren The Alpha » Tue Apr 19, 2022 10:08 am

sonkun wrote: Mon Apr 18, 2022 5:54 pm way i see it, toyotaro's work isn't canon and neither is the anime. at this point, the feature films with toriyama's involvement (BoG, RoF, Broly, Super Hero) are the only surefire post-Z canon
TOP: yo, did i miss something?

TheMikado
I Live Here

Post by TheMikado » Thu Apr 21, 2022 3:48 pm

sonkun wrote: Mon Apr 18, 2022 5:54 pm way i see it, toyotaro's work isn't canon and neither is the anime. at this point, the feature films with toriyama's involvement (BoG, RoF, Broly, Super Hero) are the only surefire post-Z canon
The way I see it GT is canon.

fleahop
Beyond Newbie

Post by fleahop » Fri Apr 22, 2022 4:56 pm

I'm now a full believer in three DBS continuities. Battle of Gods and Resurrection of F are outliers imo in that they were adapted.
  • DBS Manga: Single continuity only loosely connected to other Dragon Ball media
  • DBS Anime: Similar to the manga but feels more closely connected to the DBZ Anime
  • DBS Movies: Clearly yet another continuity similar to the old Toei DBZ Movie continuity, but loosely related to other Dragon Ball media
To me, the Dragon Ball manga has no real continuation because of this (or rather, different worlds of possiblity). It feels like it's a separate world to me when compared to anything else in my opinion. DBGT as well seems to be its own isolated thing that won't be connected.

To answer the original question: it is inconsequential, but I seriously doubt he was "left in the dark"
Movie 1/Dead Zone >>> DBS Broly

I'll die on this hill