Widescreen question

Any general discussion regarding fan-created works of the Dragon Ball franchise, including AMVs, fan-art, fan-fiction, etc.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Big Momma
Born 'n Bred Here

Widescreen question

Post by Big Momma » Mon Dec 17, 2007 5:42 pm

I was wondering if there are any applications or plug-ins on the internet that can add the "widescreen bars" to the top and bottom of my AMV's. I sometimes use clips from subbed anime to make AMV's, and it'd be nice to be able to cut that out. Thanks for the help in advance! :D
Rocketman(In response to a post about Pandora's Box) wrote: I sat here for ten damn minutes wondering what the hell God of War had to do with any of this.
Insertclevername wrote:I plan to lose my virginity to Dragon Box 2.
Youtube | Art/Animation Blog

SuperVegito17
Not-So-Newbie

Post by SuperVegito17 » Thu Jan 17, 2008 11:28 am

Well, in Adobe Premiere Pro CS3 (also in Elements) , you can just crop the top and bottom parts of your timeline,and voila it'll be widescreen. But make sure you select your frame to be widescreen initially.
my latest Music Video -> http://stage6.divx.com/user/SuperVegito17/blog/

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Post by VegettoEX » Thu Jan 17, 2008 6:38 pm

You can do the whole thing in VirtualDub via its own filters, or preferably through an AVS script. For example:
Generic Crop-a-4:3-and-then-add-black-bars-to-make-a-matted-widescreen Script wrote:AVISource("C:\video.avi")
Crop(0,60,0,-60)
AddBorders(0,60,0,60)
That's assuming you're working with a 720x480 or 640x480 source, and would keep the correct aspect ratio.
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

Narutoball

Post by Narutoball » Wed Jun 18, 2008 4:16 pm

If you are using Sony Vegas than in the Crop/Pan box choose the option "Widescreen" and it crops the footage to look like widescreen, I emphasis the word crop basically because if you are using Dragonball Z footage (I presume) then you might be doing what Funimation are doing in the recent Box Sets. To render it properly you would need to render it with the resolution of 630x360 I Think,i haven't done it in a while.

Also if you add this to your Avisynth Script:

Code: Select all

Lanczosresize(848,480)
It will make it all sexy and HD O:
i got a dragonbox ^_^!