Official On-Going Dragon Ball Super Movie #2 Thread: "Super Hero"

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Soba Mask
Not-So-Newbie

Re: Official On-Going Dragon Ball Super Movie #2 Thread: "Super Hero"

Post by Soba Mask » Fri Jun 10, 2022 3:52 pm

Really curious what the form is... But I fully expect it will never be explained truly like Rage Trunks...

ZombieVito
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ZombieVito » Fri Jun 10, 2022 3:53 pm

Soba Mask wrote: Fri Jun 10, 2022 3:44 pm New form
No pictures of Orange Piccolo?

Dragmobot12
Beyond Newbie

Post by Dragmobot12 » Fri Jun 10, 2022 3:55 pm

Are Namekians citrus fruits?´

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Fri Jun 10, 2022 3:56 pm

SupremeKai25 wrote: Fri Jun 10, 2022 1:36 pmI mean, I'd focus more on the fact that it's literally
maybe Grand Priest aka El Grande Padre will be revealed as the final villain of Super after all.

And with this, we now know that the Toei writers/Toriyama do know the most popular memes, it is a knowledge they possess.
No reason to focus on that, Dragon Ball Super has been taking stuff from the Internet and such for quite some time now. If anything, it just shows that anything can indeed happen. A notion I'm already used to, but people seemingly have a hard time getting used to.
DBZfan29 wrote: Fri Jun 10, 2022 2:04 pmAnd to the post about how Pan is useless in the movie (sorry, it’s 3 am and I can’t bother to look for it): She is three years old,
Can you say if this movie has something along the lines of characters saying that the tournament will happen next year or if depicts a Pan's birthday party scene specifying her age?

Been seeing some folks saying this movie takes place in AGE 783, but for that to be the case, the movie would have to have one of the situations above. If there's nothing of sorts, then it's indeed AGE 782, as I've been saying.
We help! ... Hmm. Always get Autobots out of messes they get into.

~ Day of the Machines ~

MajinMan
Advanced Regular

Post by MajinMan » Fri Jun 10, 2022 4:15 pm

Obviously I haven’t seen the movie yet, but it seems like a great time according to those who have seen it. The slice of life moments seem like they’re really good, and the finale is hyped up by people as being insane. At this point, arguing about fanservice or internet memes becoming forms is pointless, as DBS had already jumped the fanservice shark by introducing Broly and having him fight Gogeta like he did in the Budokai 3 opening. Even power scaling consistency has been dead since it was never consistent to begin with, so there’s no base for it to go off of.

I don’t really see the point in complaining about the movie, saying it sucks and getting yourself down before you have a chance to see it. I’m not saying you can’t be disappointed about certain leaked plot points, but at the end of the day full context is always needed to form a proper opinion and not get in some argument or debate with another person who hasn’t seen the movie either. That’s how I approach modern Dragon Ball these days. And with that being said, I can’t wait to see the movie in theaters when it comes to the US (hopefully subbed but I’m not betting on that).
Heroes come and go, but legends are forever.

Rest in peace.

OrangeBanana
Beyond Newbie

Post by OrangeBanana » Fri Jun 10, 2022 4:18 pm

At this rate I'm half expecting Super Saiyan 4 Goku to show up at some point in the near future lol. Honestly this film sounds crazy can't wait to see it.

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Fri Jun 10, 2022 4:23 pm

I second that. Been wanting to see how Toriyama would handle Goku meeting his GT counterpart. Hopefully we aren't too far from that.

Not just Goku, of course. Other characters meeting their GT counterparts would be awesome. A true Multiverse of Madness!
We help! ... Hmm. Always get Autobots out of messes they get into.

~ Day of the Machines ~

Metalwario64
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Metalwario64 » Fri Jun 10, 2022 4:36 pm

"Kenshi is sitting down right now drawing his mutated spaghetti monsters thinking he's the shit..."--Neptune Kai
"90% of you here don't even know what you're talking about (there are a few that do). But the things you say about these releases are nonsense and just plain dumb. Like you Metalwario64"--final_flash

Nero<>Akira
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Nero<>Akira » Fri Jun 10, 2022 4:37 pm

Metalwario64 wrote: Fri Jun 10, 2022 4:36 pm
ngl I would rather watch your film pitch LOL
Zamasu is the best DB villain besides Freeza (and this is only the case because the current Super arc elevated Freeza to be that good).

Dragmobot12
Beyond Newbie

Post by Dragmobot12 » Fri Jun 10, 2022 4:42 pm

Grimlock wrote: Fri Jun 10, 2022 4:23 pm I second that. Been wanting to see how Toriyama would handle Goku meeting his GT counterpart. Hopefully we aren't too far from that.

Not just Goku, of course. Other characters meeting their GT counterparts would be awesome. A true Multiverse of Madness!
I hope it happens, but I think Toriyama would do a Illuminati type of shit, bring back Z-Bardock, Z-Broly, Tapion, Cooler, Janemba, Android 13... and then kill them all in one scene, lol.

Lionel
I Live Here

Post by Lionel » Fri Jun 10, 2022 4:54 pm

I was incredulous about Piccolo's lemon form but now he gets an additional 'orange' recolour and some silly fan concept from a few years back has become a reality for Gohan? What in the world? Oh how I wished they stuck to the more straightforward growth proposals of Gohan improving his ultimate state, maybe applying the Kaioken to it, and Piccolo either negotiating to be trained by Whis or requesting the Ultimate state from Elder Kaioshin while supplementing his power with the Kaioken too.

Also, now Goten and Trunks can't transform anymore? It's a tired and unnecessary gag, in my opinion.

Trouser
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Trouser » Fri Jun 10, 2022 4:56 pm

XD

I'm sorry, how anyone with right mind can actually like this? I laughed so much and then I realised this is my beloved franchise and now I'm sad.

I'm surprised Buu isn't asleep.
"If it means having to live under your control, I'd rather be dead!" - Trunks
English is not my first language, if I've made a mistake, please, feel free to correct me. It will help, thanks.

mute_proxy
Advanced Regular

Post by mute_proxy » Fri Jun 10, 2022 5:02 pm

That Gohan picture seems very disproportionate and unnatural, I think it's another fan attempt.

Xeno Goku Black
Banned Alternate Account

Post by Xeno Goku Black » Fri Jun 10, 2022 5:06 pm

Trouser wrote: Fri Jun 10, 2022 4:56 pm

XD

I'm sorry, how anyone with right mind can actually like this? I laughed so much and then I realised this is my beloved franchise and now I'm sad.

I'm surprised Buu isn't asleep.
It's a sequel to a movie where the main characters go yellow, red and blue.

A main villain turns into a Great Ape without actually turning into a Great Ape and green.

And a former galactic warlord wanted to wish to grow by 5cm. He later turns gold.

Yet it was hugely well loved. Everything sounds like shit when put in such a way.

Dragmobot12
Beyond Newbie

Post by Dragmobot12 » Fri Jun 10, 2022 5:15 pm

I'm just going to enjoy the Cell fans destroying the entire community after this movie.

sunsetshimmer
I Live Here

Post by sunsetshimmer » Fri Jun 10, 2022 5:16 pm

Xeno Goku Black wrote: Fri Jun 10, 2022 5:06 pm It's a sequel to a movie where the main characters go yellow, red and blue.

A main villain turns into a Great Ape without actually turning into a Great Ape and green.

And a former galactic warlord wanted to wish to grow by 5cm. He later turns gold.

Yet it was hugely well loved. Everything sounds like shit when put in such a way.
It was a shit. Except that 5cm part, it was actually funny. To me Broly movie was disgusting, although not as bad as Ressurection 'F'.
"I will concede that your feelings are worthy of the mightiest of Saiyans. However, there is more to my power than just this. Before you die, I will show it to you. This is the difference in power, between the primitive Saiyans and the evolved Tsufruians." ~Baby Vegeta

Gt91
Regular

Post by Gt91 » Fri Jun 10, 2022 5:17 pm

mute_proxy wrote: Fri Jun 10, 2022 5:02 pm That Gohan picture seems very disproportionate and unnatural, I think it's another fan attempt.
Yes, i think it's fake

https://twitter.com/DBSChronicles/statu ... 2252279808

Dragmobot12
Beyond Newbie

Post by Dragmobot12 » Fri Jun 10, 2022 5:22 pm

I really really really hope that the next arc of the manga doesn't continue the topic of this movie, I'm tired of Universe 7 and tired of this nostalgic bait. I don't want to see Cell again, even if he becomes Perfect again, let's explore the multiverse, dammit.

I'd rather the next arc have a villain like Gorr the God Butcher.

Jiren The Alpha
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Jiren The Alpha » Fri Jun 10, 2022 5:26 pm

Dragmobot12 wrote: Fri Jun 10, 2022 5:15 pm I'm just going to enjoy the Cell fans destroying the entire community after this movie.
3 people with alt accounts are not gonna do much.

Shorty GZ2
Beyond Newbie

Post by Shorty GZ2 » Fri Jun 10, 2022 5:29 pm

Other stuff:

Cell Max is colourless at first, but he absorbs the colour red, so he becomes red (he can also shoot lasers out of his spots

The "Saiyans tend to remain small but have a big sudden growth spurt at once" thing/explanation for Goten & Trunks being midgets but only growing up now is canon

Gohan misses catching a Senzu Bean because he can't see well without his glasses
Last edited by Shorty GZ2 on Fri Jun 10, 2022 5:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.