Official On-Going Dragon Ball Super Movie #2 Thread: "Super Hero"

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Dragmobot12
Beyond Newbie

Re: Official On-Going Dragon Ball Super Movie #2 Thread: "Super Hero"

Post by Dragmobot12 » Fri Jun 10, 2022 5:29 pm

As for the Raditz leak:

Extreme_kai
Beyond Newbie

Post by Extreme_kai » Fri Jun 10, 2022 5:30 pm

Dragmobot12 wrote: Fri Jun 10, 2022 5:22 pm I really really really hope that the next arc of the manga doesn't continue the topic of this movie, I'm tired of Universe 7 and tired of this nostalgic bait. I don't want to see Cell again, even if he becomes Perfect again, let's explore the multiverse, dammit.

I'd rather the next arc have a villain like Gorr the God Butcher.
You don't have to worry about that, supposedly he's not even the original Cell, just some brain-dead kaiju that most likely is killed off. Cell Max is an F you to fans of the original like me. Honestly, wish they didn't bother putting a version of him in the movie if they were just going to make him Bio-Broly2. If they put the original Cell or at least used his design I would have seen it, but that, and Piccolo with orange skin power up... I just can't with this movie. I know people are going to say "But what about golden Freeza, and the millions of rainbow-colored Saiyan hair transformations!" Namekians don't need to be having skin color change transformations, Piccolo just needs new abilities, not every character/species needs the ability to transform. Hopefully, they don't mess up Freeza, he's the only thing keeping me watching/reading at this point.
Last edited by Extreme_kai on Fri Jun 10, 2022 5:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Dragmobot12
Beyond Newbie

Post by Dragmobot12 » Fri Jun 10, 2022 5:34 pm

Extreme_kai wrote: Fri Jun 10, 2022 5:30 pm
Dragmobot12 wrote: Fri Jun 10, 2022 5:22 pm I really really really hope that the next arc of the manga doesn't continue the topic of this movie, I'm tired of Universe 7 and tired of this nostalgic bait. I don't want to see Cell again, even if he becomes Perfect again, let's explore the multiverse, dammit.

You don't have to worry about that, supposedly he's not even the original Cell, just some brain-dead kaiju that most likely is killed off. Cell Max is an F you to fans of the original like me. Honestly, wish they didn't bother putting a version of him in the movie if they were just going to make him Bio-Broly2. If they put the original Cell or at least used his design I would have seen it, but that, and Piccolo with orange skin power up... I just can't with this movie. I know people are going to say "But what about golden Freeza, and the millions of rainbow-colored Saiyan hair transformations!" Namekian doesn't need to be having skin color change transformations, Piccolo just needs new abilities, not every character/species needs the ability to transform. Hopefully, they don't mess up Freeza, he's the only thing keeping me watching/reading at this point.
Talking about Frieza, what's up with him in this movie?

Extreme_kai
Beyond Newbie

Post by Extreme_kai » Fri Jun 10, 2022 5:35 pm

Dragmobot12 wrote: Fri Jun 10, 2022 5:34 pm
Extreme_kai wrote: Fri Jun 10, 2022 5:30 pm

You don't have to worry about that, supposedly he's not even the original Cell, just some brain-dead kaiju that most likely is killed off. Cell Max is an F you to fans of the original like me. Honestly, wish they didn't bother putting a version of him in the movie if they were just going to make him Bio-Broly2. If they put the original Cell or at least used his design I would have seen it, but that, and Piccolo with orange skin power up... I just can't with this movie. I know people are going to say "But what about golden Freeza, and the millions of rainbow-colored Saiyan hair transformations!" Namekian doesn't need to be having skin color change transformations, Piccolo just needs new abilities, not every character/species needs the ability to transform. Hopefully, they don't mess up Freeza, he's the only thing keeping me watching/reading at this point.
Talking about Frieza, what's up with him in this movie?
Nothing, he's just a flashback or someone is talking about him. Apparently, android 21 fans get shafted too with the ole flashback a roo lol

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Fri Jun 10, 2022 5:40 pm

Shorty GZ2 wrote: Fri Jun 10, 2022 5:29 pmThe "Saiyans tend to remain small but have a big sudden growth spurt at once" thing/explanation for Goten & Trunks being midgets but only growing up now is canon
I'm not saying that's "canon" because there is no canon, but that explanation has appeared elsewhere, in the Jaco, the Galactic Patrolman manga.

Also, that explanation only works for Goten. They still need to explain why present Trunks from AGE 780 was smaller than future Trunks, also from that same year.
Shorty GZ2 wrote: Fri Jun 10, 2022 5:29 pmGohan misses catching a Senzu Bean because he can't see well without his glasses
Did they just explain why Gohan couldn't catch the Potara earring Goku threw at him!?
Dragmobot12 wrote: Fri Jun 10, 2022 4:42 pmI hope it happens, but I think Toriyama would do a Illuminati type of shit, bring back Z-Bardock, Z-Broly, Tapion, Cooler, Janemba, Android 13... and then kill them all in one scene, lol.
They can kill them off except for Janemba, there's a lot to be done with him. Also, the alive Bardock should steal Z Bardock's headband.
We help! ... Hmm. Always get Autobots out of messes they get into.

~ Day of the Machines ~

mute_proxy
Advanced Regular

Post by mute_proxy » Fri Jun 10, 2022 5:59 pm

Dragmobot12 wrote: Fri Jun 10, 2022 5:29 pm As for the Raditz leak:
Those pictures were debunked.

sunsetshimmer
I Live Here

Post by sunsetshimmer » Fri Jun 10, 2022 6:05 pm

Shorty GZ2 wrote: Fri Jun 10, 2022 5:29 pm Gohan misses catching a Senzu Bean because he can't see well without his glasses
:lol:

A race of warriors that can see and sense things across half a planet, but need glasses to catch a bean. This is more stupid than him not catching potara.
"I will concede that your feelings are worthy of the mightiest of Saiyans. However, there is more to my power than just this. Before you die, I will show it to you. This is the difference in power, between the primitive Saiyans and the evolved Tsufruians." ~Baby Vegeta

Dragmobot12
Beyond Newbie

Post by Dragmobot12 » Fri Jun 10, 2022 6:12 pm

I have a feeling that this abuse of the Dragon Balls for frivolous wishes is leading to something that could happen in the next arc.

Retan
Advanced Regular

Post by Retan » Fri Jun 10, 2022 6:13 pm

I'm not going to say the movies going to be bad, but based on the spoilers Toriyama just seems to pull things out of his butt to see what he can get away with these days lol

WittyUsername
I Live Here

Post by WittyUsername » Fri Jun 10, 2022 6:15 pm

Shorty GZ2 wrote: Fri Jun 10, 2022 5:29 pm Other stuff:

The "Saiyans tend to remain small but have a big sudden growth spurt at once" thing/explanation for Goten & Trunks being midgets but only growing up now is canon
That wouldn’t explain why Gohan and Future Trunks seemed to develop normally.

Dragmobot12
Beyond Newbie

Post by Dragmobot12 » Fri Jun 10, 2022 6:16 pm

Retan wrote: Fri Jun 10, 2022 6:13 pm I'm not going to say the movies going to be bad, but based on the spoilers Toriyama just seems to pull things out of his butt to see what he can get away with these days lol
The third act is a straight-up stolen from Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice.

ObnoxiousNamek
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by ObnoxiousNamek » Fri Jun 10, 2022 6:20 pm

WittyUsername wrote: Fri Jun 10, 2022 6:15 pm
Shorty GZ2 wrote: Fri Jun 10, 2022 5:29 pm Other stuff:

The "Saiyans tend to remain small but have a big sudden growth spurt at once" thing/explanation for Goten & Trunks being midgets but only growing up now is canon
That wouldn’t explain why Gohan and Future Trunks seemed to develop normally.
its probably gonna be handwaved as each growth spurt is diffrent per the individual saiyan. i wish toriyama would have exlored the s-cells route to explain it theres a lot that is still vague about saiyan biology.

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Fri Jun 10, 2022 6:31 pm

Just realized something: UGM3 is gonna be released next month, I don't think Dragon Ball Heroes will wait for the international release to include what's left of the movie, so it's more likely we are going to see images and stuff in the next month already (nice images, not low quality ones).

I hope a worldwide release becomes a permanent thing eventually. It was the case with Movie 1, that movie was released in December in Japan and it was released very early in January where I live, so I didn't need to wait for months, but this time it seems we're all gonna wait a lot.
ObnoxiousNamek wrote: Fri Jun 10, 2022 6:20 pmits probably gonna be handwaved as each growth spurt is diffrent per the individual saiyan.
That's impossible, they are literally the same characters (present and future ones, I mean). We can assume that future Gohan grew up exactly the same as present Gohan, as we don't have any reason to think otherwise, but things do get problematic when it comes to Trunks.
We help! ... Hmm. Always get Autobots out of messes they get into.

~ Day of the Machines ~

DBZfan29
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by DBZfan29 » Fri Jun 10, 2022 6:37 pm

ObnoxiousNamek wrote: Fri Jun 10, 2022 2:30 pm
DBZfan29 wrote: Fri Jun 10, 2022 2:04 pm I just watched the movie. I enjoyed it. It was a nice little story that shifted the focus from Goku for a change. It reminded me of the old films from the 90s. Everyone in the theater clapped at the end, and I even heard some people laughing at the gags (which, I NEVER hear in theaters in Japan), so they did something right. I don’t really care that much about transformations and the like, so it didn’t take away from my experience. I think Piccolo and Pan’s relationship was the best part of this movie. It was very cute.

And to the post about how Pan is useless in the movie (sorry, it’s 3 am and I can’t bother to look for it):
Also, the screening ended with a short message from Toshio Furukawa. I wonder if the message was different in each theater. But he thanked us for coming and told us to tell all our friends and watch it again. He ended with a Makankosappo. It was nice to see considering we always get Nozawa doing the Kamehameha at events.
Did you get early premiere tickets how'd you see it so soon? Was there a post credit-scene?
I live in Japan and I happened to be visiting Tokyo this weekend where they held one midnight screening.

Yes, there is.
An interviewer asks, "The soundtrack in Sonic 3 has become legendary. Is it true that you worked with Michael Jackson on it?" Takashi Iizuka kills all of our hopes and dreams by replying, "You know, those are just rumors, and SEGA does not want to say anything about them. So they will forever be just rumors..." WHY!?

Berserker1921
Advanced Regular

Post by Berserker1921 » Fri Jun 10, 2022 6:38 pm

What was said about Jiren. Any big retcons there?

Dragmobot12
Beyond Newbie

Post by Dragmobot12 » Fri Jun 10, 2022 6:42 pm

It seems to me that this movie ended the androids arc in general. Like, the circle is complete now.

ObnoxiousNamek
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by ObnoxiousNamek » Fri Jun 10, 2022 6:43 pm

Berserker1921 wrote: Fri Jun 10, 2022 6:38 pm What was said about Jiren. Any big retcons there?
Last edited by ObnoxiousNamek on Fri Jun 10, 2022 6:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

CodeOfMe

Post by CodeOfMe » Fri Jun 10, 2022 6:43 pm

Berserker1921 wrote: Fri Jun 10, 2022 6:38 pm What was said about Jiren. Any big retcons there?
I'm pretty sure Jiren isn't in the movie, but Vegeta does try using Jiren's method of training by sharpening his mind, aside from that, nothing as far as I know.
Go over time and space...

Berserker1921
Advanced Regular

Post by Berserker1921 » Fri Jun 10, 2022 6:45 pm

ObnoxiousNamek wrote: Fri Jun 10, 2022 6:43 pm

DBZfan29
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by DBZfan29 » Fri Jun 10, 2022 6:48 pm

Grimlock wrote: Fri Jun 10, 2022 3:56 pm
SupremeKai25 wrote: Fri Jun 10, 2022 1:36 pmI mean, I'd focus more on the fact that it's literally
maybe Grand Priest aka El Grande Padre will be revealed as the final villain of Super after all.

And with this, we now know that the Toei writers/Toriyama do know the most popular memes, it is a knowledge they possess.
No reason to focus on that, Dragon Ball Super has been taking stuff from the Internet and such for quite some time now. If anything, it just shows that anything can indeed happen. A notion I'm already used to, but people seemingly have a hard time getting used to.
DBZfan29 wrote: Fri Jun 10, 2022 2:04 pmAnd to the post about how Pan is useless in the movie (sorry, it’s 3 am and I can’t bother to look for it): She is three years old,
Can you say if this movie has something along the lines of characters saying that the tournament will happen next year or if depicts a Pan's birthday party scene specifying her age?

Been seeing some folks saying this movie takes place in AGE 783, but for that to be the case, the movie would have to have one of the situations above. If there's nothing of sorts, then it's indeed AGE 782, as I've been saying.
My Japanese is poor and it was way past my bed time but

An interviewer asks, "The soundtrack in Sonic 3 has become legendary. Is it true that you worked with Michael Jackson on it?" Takashi Iizuka kills all of our hopes and dreams by replying, "You know, those are just rumors, and SEGA does not want to say anything about them. So they will forever be just rumors..." WHY!?