A series focused on Gohan in his teenage years up till BoG vs. DBS as it is?

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Geraldo
Beyond Newbie

A series focused on Gohan in his teenage years up till BoG vs. DBS as it is?

Post by Geraldo » Tue Jun 07, 2022 2:25 pm

Would you rather the first (with enemies like Dabura and the Demon Realm, Hirudegarn and others) with the versatility of the cast or the second? No more the Goku and Vegeta show.

SupremeKai25
I Live Here

Re: A series focused on Gohan in his teenage years up till BoG vs. DBS as it is?

Post by SupremeKai25 » Tue Jun 07, 2022 2:32 pm

I wouldn't trade Super for anything, it was a perfect midquel (the Anime at least). It still maintained the sort of "peace feeling" of that time gap after Buu's defeat, by having the plotlines simply take place elsewhere (like in U6, the Future timeline, or the Void dimension), and it still kept the story gripping. Which is why it is weird that Moro arc takes place on Earth, since it was supposed to be a relative peaceful time, and a huge invasion from an evil space wizard kind of undermines that. But regardless, I am satisfied with Super.

It would be cool to finally see the Makaioshin outside of videogame storylines, but they are not so important that I would have preferred to have another show entirely.

Trouser
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Re: A series focused on Gohan in his teenage years up till BoG vs. DBS as it is?

Post by Trouser » Wed Jun 08, 2022 3:52 am

I despise Super, but no, Gohan is not that interesting to be the series MC. The human characters are more interesting than he is.
"If it means having to live under your control, I'd rather be dead!" - Trunks
English is not my first language, if I've made a mistake, please, feel free to correct me. It will help, thanks.

Retan
Advanced Regular

Post by Retan » Thu Jun 09, 2022 2:05 pm

I didn't hate super, it really just needed better planning overall.

I watch the Dragon ball these days for the fights and pure spectacle of it as I really do believe Toriyama really is bankrupt of ideas for this series.

And no way should they follow Gohan anymore especially if its going to be about fights and spectacles. He's a boring character anyway so his slice of life episodes will be boring too with him studying all the time. while the fight scenes will be about him getting angry in nick of time.

So for me DBS as it is in a land slide

ChronoTwigger
Advanced Regular

Post by ChronoTwigger » Sat Jun 11, 2022 4:09 pm

Is not that setting Super Goku Bros aside will automatically mean a better show.
The way you narrate things matter. YOu can do an exceptional Gohan show, or the worst pile of s**t ever seen.

It depend. What I really want is some real tension - and less Pokemon-ey feels.
I learned english listening to songs. So I don't know anything about. The day you had to learn play piano by just listening .mp3, you'll understand.