How Strong Are Janemba & Super Janemba?

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

FeatsofPower
Not-So-Newbie

Re: How Strong Are Janemba & Super Janemba?

Post by FeatsofPower » Mon Oct 10, 2022 7:56 pm

Fat Janemba > Fat Buu

Super Janemba (Initial) > Super Buu (Initial)

Super Gogeta > Super Janemba (Full Power) > Base Gogeta

Each fight is a mirror. Goku has powered up, now he takes the place of Super Saiyan Gotenks Post Rosat, who was able to somewhat hold his own against Super Buu's initial power. That's where Goku vs Super Janemba fits in.

The movie obviously mirrors the canon universe with the original author taking some cues from the movie as well.

Super Vegetto > Super Gogeta > Buuhan > Buutenks > Ultimate Gohan > Super Janemba > Super Buu/Super Gotenks

Almighty Majin
Beyond Newbie

Post by Almighty Majin » Fri Oct 14, 2022 5:13 am

Base Janemba seems to be stronger than Good Buu, but still below SSJ3 Goku in power.

Super Janemba is way above SSJ3 Goku and SSJ2 Vegeta working together and since Gogeta was in SSJ, he was likely above base Gogeta as well. He could be Super Buu level at the least, but if you want to consider Gogeta = Vegito, then he's likely around Buutenks/Buuhan level.

There's that one weird Toei statement about Janemba > Hirudegarn which I guess implies that Super Janemba can tank the Dragon Fist? If that's the case then the power scale would be something like this:

Super Janemba > SSJ3 Goku (Dragon Fist) > Buuhan >= Transformed Hirudegarn > Buutenks > Ultimate Gohan > SSJ3 Gotenks >= Super Buu > Base Hirudegarn > SSJ3 Goku >= Kid Buu > Base Janemba > Majin Buu > SSJ2 Vegeta

Hero
Beyond Newbie

Post by Hero » Tue Nov 08, 2022 12:29 am

Steven Bloodriver wrote: Sat Jan 15, 2022 7:11 pm I would like to know how would Janemba and Super Janemba compare to the likes of the Z-Fighters and all of the various different forms of Majin Buu from the Majin Buu Saga, as from what I could gather on my own, Janemba has a Power Level comparable to that of Kid Buu (Daikaioh & South Kaioshin Absorbed) from Janemba being defeated by Super Saiyan 3 Son Goku (Angel) and Super Janemba has a Power Level much higher than that of Kid Buu (Base Form) from Super Janemba being able to defeat Super Saiyan 3 Son Goku (Angel).
They seem like pretty obvious references to Fat Buu and Super Buu. So I don't see why Fat Janemba can't be roughly as strong Fat Buu, and Super Janemba is roughly as strong as Super Buu.

I see Buu saga SSJ3 Goku vs Super Buu going the same way as his fight with Super Janemba went. Goku tries his hardest, but quickly gets overwhelmed.