Was it too hard for the executives to pull the following arc to Granolah's like this?

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Geraldo
Beyond Newbie

Was it too hard for the executives to pull the following arc to Granolah's like this?

Post by Geraldo » Sat Nov 19, 2022 2:25 am

No rushed ending, Whis arrives and revives Monaito, Granolah is given the Dragon Radar by Vegeta, who joins him for the tracking of the balls.

Toronbo is summoned and Granolah is asking for all the effects that were caused due to his very own wish to become the Universe Strongest, to be undone. As a result he's 'restored' to his original power level, the Cerealite city's ruins are also restored, and out of the blue Gas is also revived, but in his original young state and power level. Turns out that his heart stopped working a nanosecond before Frieza attacked him, thus making him die due to Elec's wish's effect which was a result of Granolah's wish.

Goku confronts Gas who acknowledge that the Saiyan was right about his brother's dirty using of him. Goku asks Gas to turn himself into the Galactic Patrol unless he wants to test Goku's power now. Gas knows he's less than dust to the Saiyans in power and complies. Whis summons/teleports Merus' spaceship with his staff and explains that Gas is a high profile criminal with lots of blood on his hands. Merus makes a move to prevent Gas from escaping the planet and comment that Goku's hidden power is even stronger than when he fought moro, Goku is very happy to see Merus again and confirms his assumption. Merus and his crew handcuff Gas and take him to the Galactic Prison.

Vegeta and Granolah find the two Cerealite Dragon Balls and summon Toronbo once again. This time Vegeta wishes for the revival of all good beings and planets that were ever invaded &/ slain by the forces of evil. The wish is granted. Thus putting an end to the crimes carried by the Saiyans and other factions that ruined the universe. Granolah is reunited with his mother, and Whis takes Goku and Vegeta to Beerus' planet.

Turns out that the Strongest Warrior in the Universe was awaken by Vegeta's wish, as he was about to get born in one of the restored planets before the planet was exterminated by King Cold.

GokuHater
Not-So-Newbie

Re: Was it too hard for the executives to pull the following arc to Granolah's like this?

Post by GokuHater » Sat Nov 19, 2022 12:49 pm

While I can appreciate the idea and creativity why do you think this is the only one way to finish off the arc?
The ending you propose is a typical 'good ending' but I don't think the arc would be better of with such.

The ending we got was maybe rushed but also bitter sweet with no one really getting the good end of the stick (besides Freeza).

For example, why do you think Gas should be redeemed?
His tale is tragic, yes, and he has been used but still he is in no way a good guy. Like all the Heeters he got what was coming to him.

And I am not sure Granolah's wish could be magically undone. This are the consequences of one's action.

Geraldo
Beyond Newbie

Re: Was it too hard for the executives to pull the following arc to Granolah's like this?

Post by Geraldo » Sat Nov 19, 2022 12:54 pm

GokuHater wrote: Sat Nov 19, 2022 12:49 pm For example, why do you think Gas should be redeemed?
His tale is tragic, yes, and he has been used but still he is in no way a good guy. Like all the Heeters he got what was coming to him.
I don't want him redeemed, but to at least show up and acknowledge his lifelong mistake of following Elec.
He's going to jail and has no way of avoiding it (Merus, Goku or Vegeta are out there and can easily kill him if he'll try something against the Galactic Prison &/ Patrol). I don't think he's going to get out soon.
And I am not sure Granolah's wish could be magically undone. This are the consequences of one's action.
I bet that Toronbo is able to pull such a wish off, considering how he could twist the power scaling of the universe by his own.