Worst beatdown in the entire series

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Godo
I Live Here

Worst beatdown in the entire series

Post by Godo » Thu Jun 22, 2023 11:26 am

Two questions:

1) Which beat down/fight was the most brutal in your opinion?

2) Which character, overall, fares the worst when it comes to being a recipient of a good whooping?

My answers:

My first pick would be Goku vs. Vegeta, where pretty much every bone in Goku's body was broken. Videl vs. Spopovitch was pretty bad as well, she got destroyed bad.

Also, I see everyone joking about Yamcha but even he doesn't fare as badly as our man Vegeta. Vegeta has too many brutal beatdowns overall; his fight against Recoome, Goku, Cell, Freeza, Fat Buu, C18 etc. It makes me perplexed why the poor guy still has that much pride.
Last edited by Godo on Thu Jun 22, 2023 2:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Re: Worst beatdown in the whole series

Post by Grimlock » Thu Jun 22, 2023 11:52 am

Concerned with cleanliness, Bardock decides to wipe the floor before proceeding to perform a brutal beatdown and good whooping.

We help! ... Hmm. Always get Autobots out of messes they get into.

~ Day of the Machines ~

DB1984
Banned

Post by DB1984 » Thu Jun 22, 2023 12:11 pm

Majin Spopovich beating down Videl without a shred of mercy.

Yuji
Advanced Regular

Post by Yuji » Thu Jun 22, 2023 12:12 pm

I don't know if they're the worst, but I'd like to give a shout to Goku's three consecutive major fights from Piccolo to Vegeta ending horribly. Piccolo Daimao leaves him with 3 broken limbs, Jr with 4 and a hole in his chest, and Vegeta with all broken bones. Toriyama really knew how to escalate.

Koitsukai
I Live Here

Post by Koitsukai » Thu Jun 22, 2023 12:44 pm

Vegeta is the main bitch of the series. However, I think he is the one that delivered the worst beatdown on Goku. Goku took a lot of beatings but I don't think none of them compares to getting ragdolled by a giant gorilla. By the end of the day he couldn't even lift his head.

Spopovich vs Videl was also nuts.

Godo
I Live Here

Post by Godo » Thu Jun 22, 2023 2:52 pm

Grimlock wrote: Thu Jun 22, 2023 11:52 am Concerned with cleanliness, Bardock decides to wipe the floor before proceeding to perform a brutal beatdown and good...
Raw and brutal, they got his fighting style right IMO.

Yuji wrote: Thu Jun 22, 2023 12:12 pm I don't know if they're the worst, but I'd like to give a shout to Goku's three consecutive major fights from Piccolo to Vegeta ending horribly. Piccolo Daimao leaves him with 3 broken limbs, Jr with 4 and a hole in his chest, and Vegeta with all broken bones. Toriyama really knew how to escalate.
Totally forgot Goku having a hole in his chest, which makes me remember his even bigger hole in his belly after Piccolo's SBC.

The Piccolo Daimao Arc was really when things started to get much more violent. People died left and right. Goku kneeing Drum in the head just like splat. Yayirobe being a complete psycho and eating Cymbal. Goku's best friend and sensei dying.

Koitsukai wrote: Thu Jun 22, 2023 12:44 pm Vegeta is the main bitch of the series. However, I think he is the one that delivered the worst beatdown on Goku. Goku took a lot of beatings but I don't think none of them compares to getting ragdolled by a giant gorilla. By the end of the day he couldn't even lift his head.

Spopovich vs Videl was also nuts.
That's true. The Goku vs. Vegeta fight was pure torture for Goku, first destroying his body with KKx3 and later being squished like a stress ball by Oozaru Vegeta.

coola
I Live Here

Re: Worst beatdown in the entire series

Post by coola » Thu Jun 22, 2023 4:21 pm

Recoom broke "every bone" in Kuririn's body, according to Gohan, and then beat said Gohan pretty badly and snap his neck...
My Twitter: @kamil198811
Bulma fan
Thanks to Discotek:
Magic Knight Rayearth get DVD release in 2015 and Blu-Ray release on 2016
Saint Seiya: The Lost Canvas get DVD release in 2015

LoganForkHands73
Advanced Regular

Post by LoganForkHands73 » Thu Jun 22, 2023 4:31 pm

Goku and Vegeta are about on par in terms of the sheer number of brutal beatdowns they've endured, though Vegeta tends to get unfairly targeted the most and they're often the most humiliating. Between the two, I think Vegeta gets the last laugh with his giant monke mode beatdown on Goku in the Saiyan arc.

I don't care what anyone says, the Videl vs. Spopovitch fight is unnecessarily brutal and by far one of the most difficult sequences to watch in the entire franchise. It hits too close to home and it comes off as meanspirited, like Toriyama really wanted to vent some frustration that week and for some reason took it all out on a fictional teenaged girl.

Ronin
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Ronin » Sun Jun 25, 2023 7:46 pm

There are a lot of brutal fights to choose from, but the first that came to mind for me was Vegeta vs Frieza. It may not be the most brutal as far as getting beaten up goes, but it has a psychological element to it that no other fight has that I can think of. Vegeta was in tears by the end of it; with Frieza holding him up by the neck with his tail and punching the shit out of him while he's coughing up blood. And everyone is just standing there frozen in fear. He's getting beaten up by this tyrant he's known since childhood and whom he also recently discovered is the reason why the Saiyans are nearly extinct. I feel for him every time.

Seekeroftruth
Beyond Newbie

Post by Seekeroftruth » Sun Jun 25, 2023 9:04 pm

Frieza vs Vegeta on Namek. The mental torture of him realizing he is screwed after being goaded into thinking he had a shot. This is proceeded by physical torture of being beaten down into submission, having your spirit broken, followed by 5 minutes of being treated like a punching bag while you wait for death. And when you are "saved" momentarily by the "hero" of the series, you still end up dead for mouthing off too much.

ISOZ

Post by ISOZ » Mon Jun 26, 2023 1:09 pm

Godo wrote: Thu Jun 22, 2023 11:26 am Two questions:

1) Which beat down/fight was the most brutal in your opinion?

2) Which character, overall, fares the worst when it comes to being a recipient of a good whooping?

My answers:

My first pick would be Goku vs. Vegeta, where pretty much every bone in Goku's body was broken. Videl vs. Spopovitch was pretty bad as well, she got destroyed bad.

Also, I see everyone joking about Yamcha but even he doesn't fare as badly as our man Vegeta. Vegeta has too many brutal beatdowns overall; his fight against Recoome, Goku, Cell, Freeza, Fat Buu, C18 etc. It makes me perplexed why the poor guy still has that much pride.

The unseen beat down that Future Gohan got from Android 17 in which he lost his arm and Android 17 couldn't believe that Gohan was alive having been through it would be the most brutal fight even though it was never actually shown

SupremeKai25
I Live Here

Post by SupremeKai25 » Mon Jun 26, 2023 2:57 pm

These examples in this thread are from DBZ, so I thought of giving some examples from Super... a few complain that Super is "less brutal" than DBZ because "it doesn't have much blood", but it still has some noteworthy beatdowns.

For instance, Zamasu gave Goku a pretty brutal beatdown... not only he impaled his chest and caused a huge open wound, he also proceeded to fire a ki blast inside said open wound and then finish him off with flurry of explosive blade attacks that completely decimated him:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5PZ60d1kB3A

Even though there is no blood, it is still supposed to be brutal beatdown in-universe, with the spectators (Bulma, Mai, etc.) even being afraid for Goku. The lack of blood doesn't change the fact. Firing a ki blast inside open wound and then impaling him with many small explosive ki blades has got to be a very painful way to go out in a fight.

Then obviously Frieza suffered two major beatdowns in the series:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uOiPI2u4jWc&t

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=--6xQWz8Chc

Despite the lack of "blood and gore", Super definitely has brutal and onesided fights.